• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct strikes back on the 27th featuring Iwata-Kun~ & Love Plus [Over]

BDGAME

Kiki Trick, sound-based minigame game made by the WarioWare team for the Wii. Looks very cool.

3DS lineup for the next few months in Japan:
1/12: Ghost Camera
1/12: Ace Combat 3D
1/19: Rhythm Thief R
1/19: Beyond the Labyrinth
1/26: Resident Evil Revelations
2/24: New Love Plus
2/16: Tekken 3D Prime Edition
2/16: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
2/23: Harvest Moon: Hajimari no Daichi
3/1: Mario and Sonic at the 2012 London Olympic Games
3/8: Metal Gear Solid 3D
3/8: Hatsune Miku and Future Stars Project Mirai
3/8: Girl's RPG
3/15: Dynasty Warriors
Next March - Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
3/22 - Kid Icarus: Uprising
4/19 - Fire Emblem 3DS

New Bravely Default trailer
eShop announcements nothing of note

This is a Badass lineup! The best I see for a beginning of year.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
That first quarter Japan line-up for the 3DS is very amazing from a critical and sales potential standpoint. Nintendo pretty much let the first two months open for third parties to duke it out. Well outside of Ghost Camera which I do not know why Nintendo is still publishing the Fatal Frame series.

Kid Icarus (March) and Fire Emblem (April) will hopefully both do well. It definitely is two very exciting games for the enthusiasts.

Kiki Trick isn't by the WarioWare team per say. I think it has cumulative designers from the WarioWare, Rhythm Tengoku, and Tomodachi Collection team from what I gathered from the Iwata's Asks. All three teams fall under Yoshio Sakamoto. Hopefully this game can continue the fine streak of sales Mr. Sakamoto has in Japan (outside of Metroid that is).

Medalion

Banned
Can't hate them on that overclustering of titles in first quarter... because the Vita just launched... the first month(s) are crucial

That first quarter Japan line-up for the 3DS is very amazing from a critical and sales potential standpoint. Nintendo pretty much let the first two months open for third parties to duke it out. Well outside of Ghost Camera which I do not know why Nintendo is still publishing the Fatal Frame series.

Kid Icarus (March) and Fire Emblem (April) will hopefully both do well. It definitely is two very exciting games for the enthusiasts.

Kiki Trick isn't by the WarioWare team per say. I think it has cumulative designers from the WarioWare, Rhythm Tengoku, and Tomodachi Collection team from what I gathered from the Iwata's Asks. All three teams fall under Yoshio Sakamoto. Hopefully this game can continue the fine streak of sales Mr. Sakamoto has in Japan (outside of Metroid that is).

Mario & Sonic 3 is also a Nintendo game in Japan fwiw. I'm surprised about the Mario Party 9 no-show since the west is getting it in March.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I think the backlash MGS 3D gets is in great majority due to the fact that people expect the game to look like the Naked Sample tech demo. Even if it doesn't look that bad, it's still very disappointing :/

There was a video of a cutscenes running at what looked like 15 FPS or less. That and the screenshots were so terrible.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Resident Evil looks really good, like the return to (classic) form I've been asking for. Where/when does story take place? I played half of 4 and none of 5, but still own both.

Fire Emblem looks good as well, but there was a niggling choppiness or frame-drops. It could be the video, or an early build's fault, but it needs to go.

Resident Evil looks really good, like the return to (classic) form I've been asking for. Where/when does story take place? I played half of 4 and none of 5, but still own both.

Fire Emblem looks good as well, but there was a niggling choppiness or frame-drops. It could be the video, or an early build's fault, but it needs to go.

Between 4 and 5. It seems relatively self contained, though.

Alrus

Takes place after RE4 but before RE5. Which, like every other "interquel" will lead to massive plot holes of course :)

mutsu

There was a video of a cutscenes running at what looked like 15 FPS or less. That and the screenshots were so terrible.

Just played the demo last night. The framerate is indeed horrible. It can be a dealbreaker. I am borderline not-buy because the framerate makes me dizzy when I watch the cutscenes.

After seeing Iwata with his wifey last night, I decided to make a short "subtitled" version of the video. The subtitling is off, and I'm not sure anyone will like it, but hopefully someone does!

Video here!

Just played the demo last night. The framerate is indeed horrible. It can be a dealbreaker. I am borderline not-buy because the framerate makes me dizzy when I watch the cutscenes.
Wait, it looks like crap and also has a horrible framerate? Magicians at work - smh.

Medium still looks easy but hard mode is interesting! I hope there's another difficult mode, "insanity" or something else.

Is the game playable with buttons?

No. Touch screen only. You have to do directional gestures with certain beats (so you may need to do a diagonal down slash or an upwards slash with certain beats), so it wouldn't work with buttons.

It's probably the same demo I played at Eurogamer Expo. I can tell you that the framerate is complete shit, gives it a mobile phone game esc look. Oh and they don't turn off depth of field in 3D mode, making everything look like it's smeared with vaselene (depth of field is useless with S3D since your eyes are supposed to focus on objects naturally with your eyes blurring everything else). Horrible!

Choc

Banned
ive played the 3 demos from ND on my JP 3DS

the final fantasy game is, interesting to say the least. I kinda like it

MGS 3D is ... MGS :) but will be hard to leave 3D on full due to jerking around when using controls

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
That video itself seems to have low frame rate, can't really tell how the game itself runs.

Controls/HUD stuff seem to be inspired by Peace Walker in some ways, a good thing.

But yeah, seeing the MGS collection upcoming doesn't make this look worthwhile.

But since they're going ahead with it it'd be nice if it became a good port too.

Shame they didn't get a new game on par with REvelations or something.

areal

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the in-store consoles have been updated with these demos. I played Resident Evil today at Yodobashi.

DarkWish

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the in-store consoles have been updated with these demos. I played Resident Evil today at Yodobashi.
That actually makes me wonder if the Best Buy 3DS systems in the US will be getting the demo soon since those already have a bunch of demos.

Here's a video of me showing the Theatrhythm demo -- medium and hard versions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEALTCm5qXk

I'm following your youtube! While I do import every once in a while it's only games that I'm interested in that I don't think will come to the US. Theatrhythm was trademarked in the US & Europe so hopefully they do come over. I have a Japanese 3DS with just 3 import games so far...really wanna import this but will wait to support the NA release. :)

Top Bottom