• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct strikes back on the 27th featuring Iwata-Kun~ & Love Plus [Over]

wsippel

Banned
The production values for this are through the roof. I wish they would release the demo outside of Japan, but I guess they prefer to be dumb about it. Even though I'm not even sure if they could get a demo for a game like that on the German eShop...
The game itself is USK16, so no issue there. And the eShop isn't IP locked, anyway.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The production values for this are through the roof. I wish they would release the demo outside of Japan, but I guess they prefer to be dumb about it. Even though I'm not even sure if they could get a demo for a game like that on the German eShop...

It must come. There are already subs for every language, even ITALIAN.

Missed the event, but happy we got a new BD trailer.

Those Mario Pants and Mushroom 3DS' are so good looking. Why can't we buy them. :(
Japanese (or European) people can't buy them either. They can enter a contest to win them, The entry slip is some 3DS game Club Nintendo codes. Oh you whats that you already registered the eligible games. Sorry, no entries for you.

Then again the Blue Wii remote were debuted much the same way. Or was that a different shade of blue...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What do you mean it's not IP locked? It's hardware-locked which is even worse.

When they released some of those e3 trailers, the Revelations trailer was also missing in Germany but it was possible to download it by switching your system language to English.

Edit:

Some J-Gaffer should totally start an impressions thread for those demos. Revelations looks great.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
What do you mean it's not IP locked? It's hardware-locked which is even worse.
Yes, hardware is region-locked. But they could've further enforced the region lock by IP locking. Which they have not.

When they released some of those e3 trailers, the Revelations trailer was also missing in Germany but it was possible to download it by switching your system language to English.

Oh, really? My system language is English either way so I never noticed anything like that. Good stuff.

Oh, really? My system language is English either way so I never noticed anything like that. Good stuff.

It doesn't work by switching the language. You have to go under Other Settings > Profile > Region Settings and switch to UK when the demos hit europe. That way I got MGS3D and RE:R trailers after E3

areal

Resident Evil looks pretty good. The scanning stuff looks like it could get annoying and I don't like the monsters so far. But, I'm tempted. How are the controls?

Effect

Sony normally handles communication and announcements with it's US customers a LOT better right compared to Nintendo? Never really paid attention to the details but always felt they did. If so I'm be willing to give the Vita more of a look in the end. The more I see coming out of Japan in general from Nintendo and the more I look at NoA the less I want to deal with them and the current situation when the Wii U comes out.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Revelations looks much more polished than previous footage. Even the enemies' melt away animation is smoother and nicer, and with some remains instead of disappearing completely. The movement in first/third person aiming seems better too. Maybe less jagged shadows too. And did I notice Metroid Prime style scanning % or is that just per enemy to get bonuses against them or whatever?

blu

So, FE, BD and RER are coming to europe when?

Loving that Theatrhythm. It is basically exactly what I was hoping it would be. Cleared the hard mode after 2-3 tries, but I love that this kind of difficulty is there.

GameE

Last Nintendo Direct, Reggie's video came out of nowhere as far as I know.

No they said this on twitter:

We have an exciting guest tweeting tomorrow. Be on the lookout for tweets from the #Regginator himself!

And then on facebook:

What are you looking forward to this Friday? How about a special guest on the Nintendo page? Be on the lookout for posts and tweets from the #Regginator himself!

So they hinted at it

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What was that VS thing by Koei? The Vita game?

Edit: nm, that's DW Next, not SW. So what was that? Expandalone to Chronicles? Or all new?

Javier

Reggie did say they were going to reveal more games by the end of the year, so there has to be SOMETHING within the week.

Confirmation for FE US/EU release, Reggie! It's all I ask!

Alrus

What was that VS thing by Koei? The Vita game?

Edit: nm, that's DW Next, not SW. So what was that? Expandalone to Chronicles? Or all new?

It's a "new" DW game (not relative to SW Chronicles), I think I heard it reuses DW6 assets or something.

Seriously how many people work at Omega Force? They have new games coming out every month.

blu

Revelations is out at the end of January, the other two haven't been announced for international release.
Thanks. Heads will roll if FE and BD and are not out in europe before next christmas. Hear me, NoE?

Top Bottom