• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2014

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Didn't see your post.

I've spent the last 21 hours (subtracting some for sleep) playing it. It's a great puzzle game, addictive and yet challenging. While I was able to blast through the "narrative" in a few hours, there's lots to do if you wish to catch (or in this case match) them all, which leads me into my grievance.

The game is totally unintuitive in regards to letting you know how to unlock things like Pokémon and stages. There are no hints or indicators. Sometimes, you have to take a specific Pokémon in with you, but you'd never know until you tried it out.

Still, it's a fun, challenging game. Well worth the cash.

great to know, thank you. I was planning to buy it soon.

PAL too, at £4.99 / €5.99, good to know!

zroid

Banned
Someone on my Miiverse posted that Lost Levels is tomorrow's VC Wii-U game. I'm indifferent.

IT'S TRUE!!! hell yes

i9jdcac.png

Jucksalbe

Banned
I guess it's a personal thing. I'd rather have some TG-16 games than LL.

Oh, I would love to have PC-Engine games. But that doesn't mean I can't also appreciate The Lost Levels. In fact I already played it quite a bit on WiiU (Europe), as I posted earlier.

Lost Levels is great, glad I'll be able to upgrade my VC copy. But unless NES Remix 2's release really has any impact on the release timeline for its respective games, it looks like many more weeks/months of waiting for SMB 3. :/

zroid

Banned
Lost Levels is great, glad I'll be able to upgrade my VC copy. But unless NES Remix 2's release really has any impact on the release timeline for its respective games, it looks like many more weeks/months of waiting for SMB 3. :/

How many unreleased games from NES Remix 2 remain?

Pretty sure the plan is to have them all out by then. It is partially mean to promote those games after all.

Somnid

The game has buy links for all of them so I'd imagine they should be in place. It's a sort of promotion for them.

Jucksalbe

Banned

Lost Levels is one of the games in NES Remix 2, so that means one more game out of the way. I think the only ones missing for the US are SMB3 and Dr. Mario.

The game has buy links for all of them so I'd imagine they should be in place. It's a sort of promotion for them.

Lost Levels is one of the games in NES Remix 2, so that means one more game out of the way. I think the only ones missing for the US are SMB3 and Dr. Mario.

Ah cool, thanks for the heads up to
you both, hopefully that means it's near. I really need to jump on the NES Remix bandwagon soon one of these days before the second one is released.

Not going to wait for TG-16 on U.S. VC due to NOA's terrible handling of the service and also mainly because for many years I've owned a pretty big library of Hucards and TG/PCE CDs containing most of the games I want. My U.S. Turbo Duo died on me back in 2005 so hoping sometime this summer I can finally get around to purchasing a Duo-R (which don't have the bad capacitors of the American systems).

JoeM86

I downloaded the jpn version. Had no idea you could regain health or partner up with a certain pokemon.

Is there not an official game thread yet. I need some advice.

Not yet, but ask away. I'm always happy to help. What's a friendly neighbourhood Serebii for?

Robin64

Pfft. Lost Levels, Galaga, whatever! It's all about Super Mario Kart! I can't wait, even though I'm terrible at it.

Also:

g8rkAXq.png

Edit: Subtitle suggestions welcome.

Jucksalbe

Banned
It's all about Super Mario Kart! I can't wait, even though I'm terrible at it.

Let's hope the US gets Super Mario Kart on the same day for more competition.

Edit: How come SMB3 for WiiU now has two pages on Nintendo.com? Didn't notice that before, but they both have the same information anyway, well, almost, the screenshots are different.

L~A

Let's hope the US gets Super Mario Kart on the same day for more competition.

Edit: How come SMB3 for WiiU now has two pages on Nintendo.com? Didn't notice that before, but they both have the same information anyway, well, almost, the screenshots are different.

Funny, they don't even have the same screenshots!

Edit : stealth edits should be punishable by death :p

Which means I'm already dead, HA!

Those "TBD" Wii U and 3DS product pages for SMB 3 have both been there for many months. Probably just good 'ol NOA incompetence.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Yes, I know. But as far as I know, there was always only one for 3DS and one for WiiU. Now it's two for WiiU and one for 3DS.

Yes, I know. But as far as I know, there was always only one for 3DS and one for WiiU. Now it's two for WiiU and one for 3DS.

Nope, they're both for the Wii U Virtual Console, for some reason. Which is why it's odd.

Ah, OK sorry I misread, that is interesting. Now that I think about it, I'm think this has happened before with some other Wii U VC games when they get closer to release and they'll create a new page before phasing out the "TBD" page. But unless they were planning on releasing it today it's still odd.

Not yet, but ask away. I'm always happy to help. What's a friendly neighbourhood Serebii for?

Just finished world 5 but notice on all the worlds I have two levels left which I cannot access.

How do I access these. Also on the review it says you can partner up with a pokemon. Where is this Option?

JoeM86

Just finished world 5 but notice on all the worlds I have two levels left which are cannot access.

How do I access these. Also on the review it says you can partner up with a pokemon. Where is this Option?

Stages 5 & 6 unlock when you hit a variety of factors. We're still cataloguing but generally, Stage 5 is for capturing Pokémon and Stage 6 is for reaching A or S rank in each stage. There are some difference.s

After Zone 3-1, you can access Support Pokémon. Basically, you see a Pokémon icon in the top right of the bottom screen in the menu and Pokémon List sections. Just drag a Pokémon there and it'll then show up every match until you switch it.

Stages 5 & 6 unlock when you hit a variety of factors. We're still cataloguing but generally, Stage 5 is for capturing Pokémon and Stage 6 is for reaching A or S rank in each stage. There are some difference.s

After Zone 3-1, you can access Support Pokémon. Basically, you see a Pokémon icon in the top right of the bottom screen in the menu and Pokémon List sections. Just drag a Pokémon there and it'll then show up every match until you switch it.

Thanks mate.

GeekyDad

Eight bucks definitely seems like a fair price for the game. Not sure if it's got nearly the amount of content as the DS game, but Pokemon Trozei on DS was good fun.

Davey Cakes

With Lost Levels coming out, that means I'll have two games to upgrade from when I bought them on Club Nintendo: Zelda ALttP and Lost Levels.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From Nintendo's press site:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Yoshi’s New Island – Yoshi is back and he’s bustin’ out the big eggs. Crush your surroundings and create paths with his new Mega and Metal Eggdozers in a new platforming adventure. It’ll take more than egg tosses and flutter jumps to lead Yoshi and Baby Mario through a dangerous new island littered with inventive power-ups. Can you help save Baby Luigi? Yoshi’s New Island will be available at midnight on March 14.
Virtual Console on Wii U
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels – Mario fans will appreciate the familiar look and feel of Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels – originally released in Japan as Super Mario Bros. 2 – while finding that its updated game play creates a new challenge. In addition to the classic enemies already known to fans worldwide, there are also Poison Mushrooms, backward Warp Zones and the occasional wind gust (which can help or hinder your progress).
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
Galaga – Move right and left to defend against missiles and alien attacks in this classic shooter. Aliens attack in formations using a variety of attack patterns. You can even rescue a captured fighter and combine with it to form a Dual Fighter with twice the firepower.
Nintendo eShop Sales
SteamWorld Dig – The acclaimed SteamWorld Dig is 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. But hurry, this promotion only lasts until 9 a.m. PT on March 16.
Sale by Zen Studios – Zen Pinball 3D, Marvel Pinball 3D and Star Wars Pinball are 50 percent off in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. This offer starts 9 a.m. March 17 and lasts until 9 a.m. PT on March 31.
Also new this week:
Castlestorm – New DLC Now Available (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Madagascar 3 & The Croods Prehistoric Party Combo Pack (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Bubble Pop World (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Cube Tactics (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Lola’s ABC Party (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
WAKEDAS - Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Orgen

Sorry if it's been asked before but when does the Runner 2 sale begins? (EU)

I connected last night to the eShop and it was still the same price.

Thanks!

Top Bottom