• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2014

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So weird seeing first party games being in sale, will take some time to get used to it.

From the pinball games on sale, which offers the most content wise? Interested in getting one.

PS. Everyone who still doesn't own Witch & Hero should buy it now, best 2 Euro I spent on the eShop with Gunman Clive.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At this point, I hope we'll get a special big sale when 3DS makes three years since its debut in Europe, with many digital and retail titles (both first and third) getting discounts.

Glass Joe

Two VC releases? Wow.

I heard pure Chess will release on US this week !!

It has Online play right?

If this is what you read below, it might be a while still. They're only announcing a release date this week:

Ripstone ‏@RipstoneGames Mar 7
Hurray! Pure Chess has been approved on #Nintendo #3DS & #WiiU - we'll let you know release dates next week! #finally

And yeah it has online and it might even have cross-online play, meaning you can play people with the PC version.

Glass Joe

I just noticed Shovel Knight is set for release on March 31. It's listed that way on Nintendo's website too. That just has me wondering since eShop games traditionally come out on Thursdays and the 31st is a Monday. Think we'll actually see it on the 31st like the PC version?

JoeM86

I just noticed Shovel Knight is set for release on March 31. It's listed that way on Nintendo's website too. That just has me wondering since eShop games traditionally come out on Thursdays and the 31st is a Monday. Think we'll actually see it on the 31st like the PC version?

Makes sense. Publishers choose their day of release, so they don't need to conform with Nintendo's Thursday release

Great so there is a Luigi encore. I take it SMB 2 is Doki Doki Panic and not lost levels.

At this point, I hope we'll get a special big sale when 3DS makes three years since its debut in Europe, with many digital and retail titles (both first and third) getting discounts.
Pilotwings Resort and Nintendogs at 3% off.

JoeM86

Are you sure ? This would be the first time for a eShop release...or am i missing something ?

Na, it has happened numerous times. I think Nintendo recommends a set date, but it's not necessary, especially if the game is out on other platforms on the same day.

tolkir

Pilotwings Resort and Nintendogs at 3% off.

George-Costanza-clapping.gif

69wpm

The stars catalogue on Club Nintendo is unavailable. Tilmen said something about a new 3000 stars product. I hope it's eShop credit.

Glass Joe

Any 3rd Party examples (for the 3DS eShop) ? Maybe i just missed them.

I think Runner 2 may have, but that was quite a while ago and there's probably other examples of multiplatform games not hitting the Nintendo shops till Thursday. Shovel Knight is a little unusual though in that it's almost exclusive (there is a PC version).

L~A

Surprised at how few people have said they're getting Pokémon.

You all make me sad :(

I'd need to actually enjoy puzzle games to buy this one :p

eShop traditionally come out on Thursdays because that's when Nintendo "updates" it... and publisher generally go along with that day, because that's when users expect new games, and when they actually check the eShop.

But there's been plenty of games not released on Thursdays, hell, even Nintendo had a couple of them (Dr. Luigi, if I remember correctly).

They didn't do anything in Japan, doubt they'll do anything in Europe... I wouldn't mind a sale on MK7, but it'd probably be a 10% off sale or something :p

The stars catalogue on Club Nintendo is unavailable. Tilmen said something about a new 3000 stars product. I hope it's eShop credit.

There's some maintenance going on all day, that's why you can't access it.

And don't listen to him, he's a real master of Tales from my Hometown :p

m0t0k1

I hope it isnt like 4 stars for 1 point kind of thing. Spent al my 12.000 stars on wii points because they where expering the next month a couple of years ago i believe.

L~A

I know about the maintenance. His "rumour" seems plausible because the US Club Nintendo got some new products, we might get too.

I really don't think so. Both Club Nintendo are perfectly independent, and they're not updated at the same time... It's actually quite rare for new items to be added the same day. Only time I can remember is that Luigi diaorama, during the Nintendo Direct.

And actually, that'd be the first time there was maintenance before new items were added. And besides, how would he know the amount of stars for an item, but not the item itself?

Guess we'll see in a couple of hours if there's anything new... though personally, I'm not getting my hopes us :p

L~A

I know about the maintenance. His "rumour" seems plausible because the US Club Nintendo got some new products, we might get too.

I was able to access the catalogue, and as expected, there was nothing new at all. Then again, I reloaded the page and it was back to "maintenance" :p

69wpm

Ah you edited, I saw the charging stations word. What were the wall stickers of? If it was Paper Mario Luigi and Bowser set and a Link, Peach, Mario tied up by Hammer Bro set those have been there for years.

Oh well then nothing new probably. Btw, the second sticker set (with Mario tied up) is freaking ugly. It looks like a very bad fan drawing.

dHpYF7Y.png

L~A

Oh well then nothing new probably. Btw, the second sticker set (with Mario tied up) is freaking ugly. It looks like a very bad fan drawing.

dHpYF7Y.png

Yeah, it looks like some rip-off artwork from an iOS game, ha ha. Dat Mario face. Dose Peach eyes. Dem rabbit teeth on Link :p

Oh, but there's some changes on the CN catalogue : you can't chose how many items are displayed/page anymore, but now you can browse the entire catalogue without changing page. I believe they also changed the star slider filter.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Lol, I didn't expect that.
Only 15% of the indie page is about indie games, the rest is trash info.

I like the layout, it's quite good to read on a tablet (tried yesterday), I hope they go more into detail, putting more and more indie titles there.

And this makes me wonder...when will we be able to buy downloadable / retail titles on eShop through Web / mobile? I suppose it's one of the first Nintendo apps we're going to see, but still...when?

Somnid

I like the layout, it's quite good to read on a tablet (tried yesterday), I hope they go more into detail, putting more and more indie titles there.

And this makes me wonder...when will we be able to buy downloadable / retail titles on eShop through Web / mobile? I suppose it's one of the first Nintendo apps we're going to see, but still...when?

New Hub + eShop maintenance = ?

Boogiepop

Surprised at how few people have said they're getting Pokémon.

You all make me sad :(

It looks like you have it in your hands already looking at Serebii? How is it? I'm pretty excited for it (loved the original), but I've still got to wait for the US release.

tolkir

Next week on Japan eShop

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DsiWare

• Zakurosu (Mechanic Arms | 500 Nintendo Points)

JoeM86

It looks like you have it in your hands already looking at Serebii? How is it? I'm pretty excited for it (loved the original), but I've still got to wait for the US release.

Yeah, Japanese one came out at 10pm JST on Tuesday :)

It's great, but unlocking things is a pain. You get no hints so have to guess, which can be a massive pain.

once possible, post impression for Pokemon Trozei, please!

Didn't see your post.

I've spent the last 21 hours (subtracting some for sleep) playing it. It's a great puzzle game, addictive and yet challenging. While I was able to blast through the "narrative" in a few hours, there's lots to do if you wish to catch (or in this case match) them all, which leads me into my grievance.

The game is totally unintuitive in regards to letting you know how to unlock things like Pokémon and stages. There are no hints or indicators. Sometimes, you have to take a specific Pokémon in with you, but you'd never know until you tried it out.

Still, it's a fun, challenging game. Well worth the cash.

Two VC releases? Wow.

If this is what you read below, it might be a while still. They're only announcing a release date this week:

Ripstone ‏@RipstoneGames Mar 7
Hurray! Pure Chess has been approved on #Nintendo #3DS & #WiiU - we'll let you know release dates next week! #finally

And yeah it has online and it might even have cross-online play, meaning you can play people with the PC version.

Will launch on both Wii U and 3DS on 20th March.

http://www.ripstone.com/?utm_content=bufferc70d5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer#teamtalk

Top Bottom