• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2014

GulAtiCa

I played a preview of Blok Drop U back in December or so, I thought it was a decent physic game. If anyone likes physic puzzle games, you should consider it, esp since you know it's only $1.99.

Azuardo

Personally, I thought it was nothing special. DSi version was far too short and easy, but the extra levels might make up for that in the Wii U version. The price definitely makes it worth a punt, but I really didn't think much of it.

I guess I can link my review:

http://www.cubed3.com/review/1154/1/abyss-nintendo-dsiware.html

I'd be a lot less irritated if Adventure Island 2 was on Wii U VC instead of Golf which definitely isn't worth $5 and I already have as an Ambassador title anyways.

L~A

Possible 2 gamepad game coming? Gemology

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._eshop_and_utilising_the_systems_capabilities

"NL: Will that online play be real-time, or asynchronous with data exchanges? Does the absence of double GamePad support also rule out local multiplayer?

JT: Actually... we're working with the possibility of two GamePads as that was something promised at the time of the Wii U's release, so if you have a buddy and you like the game enough, maybe you'll be able to bring your pad over because Gemology's multiplayer is about vengeance and punishment!"

I really doubt an indie would have access to dual-gamepad stuff before Nintendo even makes one game using them... and they'd need to actually sell them separately before anything else :p

Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's never gonna happen (the dual gamepad thing). Unless that's what Miyamoto's working on at the moment.

GulAtiCa

no PAL release/price?

Releasing games in Europe/etc is rather difficult, mostly due to obscene cost of getting game rated (ESRB btw is free, simple, and painless) as well as other things. So you will likely see delays in getting games out in Europe for us small time indies. Which is why I'm waiting on US release for my game (ZaciSa's Last Stand) before I even try to release it in Europe/etc. I will be releasing in PAL of course, just taking it one step at a time.

donny2112

Honestly, I'm pretty sure it's never gonna happen (the dual gamepad thing). Unless that's what Miyamoto's working on at the moment.

They first have to sell the idea of using one GamePad, so using two is probably much farther down the line, yeah. To me, the GamePad's main function is remote play. Haven't played Wii U much, but when I have, it's all been on the GamePad. Wii BC there, too. :)

jmizzal

I wonder if this is part of the discount program Nintendo talked about in the Investors meeting, about buying Nintendo games and getting discounts for the more you buy, they said they will start this year on the WiiU.

I really doubt an indie would have access to dual-gamepad stuff before Nintendo even makes one game using them... and they'd need to actually sell them separately before anything else :p

They do say, somebody takes it to a friends house so you dont have to buy another one lol, if the programming code is there to use it the why not

L~A

Some new communities for Miiverse on the 3DS :

BiD5XirCMAAw23y.png:large

test_account

XP-39C²
I have a Zelda: Link's Awakening code for the 3DS that i got when i pre-ordered Link Between Worlds limited edition at GAME.co.uk. Since i dont have a 3DS that i can play on (i only have the first Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS bundle for collection purposes), i thought maybe someone else wants it :) Since i ordered from GAME.co.uk, i would assume that the code only works on the european 3DS eShop. And i got the code nearly 4 months ago, so i assume that it hasnt expired.

I would foremost like to give the code to someone who really wants to play the game and not to someone who mainly wants to add the game to their collection, and just maybe play it some time. Naturally i cant control or check up on this, but i'm just mentioning it. And again, the code will most likely only work on the european 3DS eShop, so if you dont use the european store, it probably wont be of much need. The first person who quotes this will get the code.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• BIT.TRIP Presents…Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien (Gaijin Games | $4.99 until 03/17, then $14.99) Upcoming 03/10
  • Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft | $19.99 Permanent, was $39.99)
  • Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft | $39.99 Permanent, was $59.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• SpeedX 3D Hyper (Gamelion | $1.99 until 04/01, then $2.99)
  • Monster Shooter (Gamelion | $1.99 until 04/03, then $4.00)
  • My Farm 3D (BigBen Interactive | $6.99; until 04/03, then $7.99)
  • Angry Bunnies (Cypronia | $6.99 until 04/06, then $8.99)
  • Fishdom H20 (Cypronia | $3.99 until 04/06, then $4.99)
  • Saban's Power Rangers Megaforce (Namco Bandai Games | $19.99 Permanent, was $29.99)
  • My Exotic Farm (BigBen Interactive | $6.99 Permanent, was $24.99)
  • Crazy Kangaroo (Gamelion | $1.99 Permanent, was $3.99)

vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

• Renegade (Arc System Works | NES | €4.99 | £3.49)

Wii U | Sales

• New Super Luigi U (Nintendo | €14.99 | £13.49 until 03/13, then €19.99 | £17.99)
  • Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo | €2.49 | £1.74 until 03/13, then €4.99 | £3.49)

• Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures (Namco Bandai Games | €34.99 | £28.49) Upcoming 03/07
  • Life with Horses 3D (Treva | €29.99 | £24.99) Upcoming 03/07

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. (Nintendo | €31.99 | £27.99 until 03/13, then €39.99 | £34.99)
  • Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo | €2.49 | £1.74 until 03/13, then €4.99 | £3.49)
  • The Denpa Men 2: Beyond the Waves (Genius Sonority | €6.99 | £6.29 until 03/13, then €9.99 | £8.99)
  • Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games | €3.49 | £2.99 until 04/03, then €6.99 | £5.99)
  • SpeedX 3D (Gamelion | €2.10 | £1.89 until 05/01, then €2.99 | £2.69)
  • Monster Shooter (Gamelion | €2.10 | £1.99 until 04/03, then €6.99 | £6.29)
  • 3D Game Collection (Joindots | €5.99 | £5.99 until 03/27, then €13.99 | £11.99)
  • Funfair Party Games (Joindots | €6.99 | £6.99 until 03/27, then €19.99 | £17.99)
  • Gardenscapes (Joindots | €5.99 | £5.99) until 03/27, then €14.99 | £14.99)
  • 3D Mahjongg (Joindots | €3.99 | £3.29 until 03/27, then €4.99 | £4.49)
  • Jewel Match 3 (Joindots | €5.99 | £4.99 until 03/27, then €6.99 | £5.99)
  • Murder on the Titanic (Joindots | €5.99 | £4.99 until 03/27, then €14.99 | £14.99)
  • Secret Agent Files: Miami (Joindots | €6.99 | £5.79 until 03/27, then €7.99 | £6.99)
  • Harvest Moon 3D: The Tale of Two Towns (Rising Star Games | €19.99 | £17.99 Permanent, was €29.99 | £24.99)
  • Beyblade: Evolution (Rising Star Games | €19.99 | £19.99 Permanent, was €29.99 | £29.99)
  • Girls' Fashion Shoot (Rising Star Games | €19.99 | £19.99 Permanent, was €29.99 | £29.99)
  • Crazy Kangaroo (Gamelion | €1.99 | £1.89 Permanent, was €2.99 | £2.69)

Nintendo DSi | DsiWare

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console

Wii U | Sales

• Mario Open Golf <NES Open Tournament Golf> (Nintendo | ¥350 until 03/09, then ¥500) Upcoming 03/08
  • Super Mario Kart (Nintendo | ¥560 until 03/09, then ¥800) Upcoming 03/08
  • Super Mario World (Nintendo | ¥560 until 03/09, then ¥800) Upcoming 03/08

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Paper Mario: Super Seal <Paper Mario: Sticker Star> (Nintendo | ¥3,840 until 03/09, then ¥4,800) Upcoming 03/08
  • Mario Open Golf <NES Open Tournament Golf> (Nintendo | ¥350 until 03/09, then ¥500) Upcoming 03/08
  • Super Mario Land 2: 6 Tsu no Kinka <Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins> (Nintendo | ¥280 until 03/09, then ¥400) Upcoming 03/08

Orgen

I have a Zelda: Link's Awakening code for the 3DS that i got when i pre-ordered Link Between Worlds limited edition at GAME.co.uk. Since i dont have a 3DS that i can play on (i only have the first Zelda Ocarina of Time 3DS bundle for collection purposes), i thought maybe someone else wants it :) Since i ordered from GAME.co.uk, i would assume that the code only works on the european 3DS eShop. And i got the code nearly 4 months ago, so i assume that it hasnt expired.

I would foremost like to give the code to someone who really wants to play the game and not to someone who mainly wants to add the game to their collection, and just maybe play it some time. Naturally i cant control or check up on this, but i'm just mentioning it. And again, the code will most likely only work on the european 3DS eShop, so if you dont use the european store, it probably wont be of much need. The first person who quotes this will get the code.

Can i have it please? :D

steveovig

Does Adventure Island 2 have a continue system or even a code for continuing? I love the series but I hated how the original made you input a code to continue. I figure instead of waiting for this poor thing to arrive on the Wii-U, I'll just buy it on the 3DS.

styl3s

Might be a little OT but i can't find a thread for this and i am at wits end.

I bought a wii-u today. I bought one at launch and ended up selling it and long story short i can't link my club nintendo account to this wii-u and i can't deactivate it because i haven't had that wii-u in like 2 years and i can't even log into that account on the network site because it's asking me to update the wii-u. Can't log onto this wii-u with it because it's linked to another wii-u.

BraXzy

I've got a Wii U in the mail but will be out of the country when it gets here and when most of the sales finish. Is there a way to log into an account and purchase stuff for when I'm back and then log in on my Wii U and download it?

I've got a Wii U in the mail but will be out of the country when it gets here and when most of the sales finish. Is there a way to log into an account and purchase stuff for when I'm back and then log in on my Wii U and download it?

No, this is Nintendo

gerudoman

So, at the moment the only first party title for the 3DS eShop that has been released in America but not in Europe is Chibi-Robo Photo Finder, right? Are they really not going to release it here? We didn't see Park Patrol either, so I presume the first one must have been a a huge flop in here, but with this one being a downloadable game they have little to lose.

Only excuse I can think of for its delay would be a huge amount of text to translate, but I'm not so sure about that.

I can't remember which thread it was, but I remember someone recently bemoaning the fact that Guacamelee wasn't on Wii U when it has a ton of Metroid and Nintendo references.

Funny that.

Haines

Banned
Bit trip 2 for 5 seems worth it but I never did decide if its the type of game for me. But seems one of the better games on eshop

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I catalogued what games are currently on the Wii U eShop and when they were released... Here's the release list of eShop only titles in chronological order:

Nov. 18, 2012 - Launch
Little Inferno
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Nano Assault Neo
Chasing Aurora
Mighty Switch Force Hyper Drive Edition

The Cave - 1/22/2013
Puddle - 1/31/2013
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 - 2/7/2013
Bit Trip 2 - 2/26/2013
Zen Pinball 2 - 3/21/2013
Toki Tori 2+ - 4/4/2013
Kung Fu Rabbit - 5/2/2013
Mutant Mudds Deluxe - 6/13/2013
Star Wars Pinball - 7/11/2013
Cloudberry Kingdom - 8/1/2013
Animal Crossing Plaza - 8/7/2013
Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party - 8/8/2013
Art Academy Sketchpad - 8/9/2013
Ducktales Remastered - 8/13/2013
Pokemon Rumble U - 8/29/2013
Spot the Differences: Party! - 9/5/2013
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - 9/5/2013
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara - 9/5/2013
TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition - 10/3/2013
Mighty Switch Force! 2 - 10/17/2013
Toki Tori (1) - 11/7/2013
Wii Sports Club Bowling - 11/7/2013
Wii Sports Club Tennis - 11/7/2013
Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths - 11/21/2013
Edge - 11/21/2013
Coaster Crazy Deluxe - 11/21/2013
Rush - 12/12/2013
NES Remix - 12/18/2013
Wii Sports Club Golf - 12/18/2013
Knytt Underground - 12/19/2013
CastleStorm - 12/26/2013
Dr. Luigi - 12/31/2013

Cocoto's Magic Circus - 1/9/2014
Unepic - 1/16/2014
F1 Race Stars Powered Up Edition - 1/16/2014
Percy's Predicament - 2/6/2014
My Farm - 2/27/2014
Blok Drop U - 3/6/2014

Future?
--------
Ballpoint Universe: Infinite - 3/18/2014
Shovel Knight - 3/31/2014
Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate - 4/2/2014
NES Remix 2 - 4/25/2014
Child of Light - 4/30/2014
Armillo - 5/12/2014

Squids Odyssey - March 2014
Ittle Dew - March 2014
Nihilumbra - March 2014
Teslagrad - March/April 2014
ZaciSa's Last Stand - March/April 2014
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - Apr 2014
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails - March 2014
Tengami - Q1 2014
Monkey Pirates - Q1 2014
1001 Spikes - Q1 2014
Android Assault Cactus - Q2 2014

It's interesting to note that a large portion of the Wii u eShop's current titles were released between August 2013 (after Cloudberry Kingdom) and Dec 2013. The first two months of 2014 are better than the same months in 2013, but starting this month, the Wii U's eShop release slate will probably blow 2013's away.

Edit: Corrections thanks to Tolkir & Gulatica. Tolkir, was Fist of the North Star a retail game in JP that became an eShop only game here?

GulAtiCa

You are missing ZaciSa's Last Stand from that list ;)

(finding out VERY soon when it will launch, likely the end of the month)

tolkir

Not sure if this is the right spot for this, but I catalogued what games are currently on the Wii U eShop and when they were released... Here's the release list of eShop only titles in chronological order:

List Wii U eShop games

It's interesting to note that a large portion of the Wii u eShop's current titles were released between August 2013 (after Cloudberry Kingdom) and Dec 2013. The first two months of 2014 are better than the same months in 2013, but starting this month, the Wii U's eShop release slate will probably blow 2013's away.

It misses two games of 2013:

02-07 - Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2
06-13 - Mutant Mudds Deluxe

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Releasing games in Europe/etc is rather difficult, mostly due to obscene cost of getting game rated (ESRB btw is free, simple, and painless) as well as other things. So you will likely see delays in getting games out in Europe for us small time indies. Which is why I'm waiting on US release for my game (ZaciSa's Last Stand) before I even try to release it in Europe/etc. I will be releasing in PAL of course, just taking it one step at a time.

yeah, I'm now aware of this issue, but I still hope every game will be released over here :p

I can't use the "I'll wait for the Denpa 4 announcement sale" card when waiting to buy Denpa 3, can I?

So, at the moment the only first party title for the 3DS eShop that has been released in America but not in Europe is Chibi-Robo Photo Finder, right? Are they really not going to release it here? We didn't see Park Patrol either, so I presume the first one must have been a a huge flop in here, but with this one being a downloadable game they have little to lose.

Only excuse I can think of for its delay would be a huge amount of text to translate, but I'm not so sure about that.
The only hopeful thing I can say is. Look at how long Sakura Samu...sorry Hana Samurai took to come out in Europe.

I'm kind of baffled that Dr. Luigi isn't in sale...
Or Luigi's mansion. Who knows, there could be an encore next week...yeah, right.

Cube Tactics launches next week on the 3DS eShop

-Unique and strategic war-game with cubes

-Battle against more lethal enemies with online Multiplayer mode and international rankings

-Over 25 tactical Quests to complete in Single Player mode

-Various cubes and fighters with unique combat abilities for thrilling battles

-Multitudes of medals to collect and equip in-game for extra military power

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ha_MVYIL-GE

GulAtiCa

yeah, I'm now aware of this issue, but I still hope every game will be released over here :p

Yeah, I do plan to release all my Wii U games in Europe. Even plan to release in Australia (though I hear that is like $500+ to get rated..). Future games will likely be released closer together.

Jucksalbe

Banned

I've finally (for the first time) played and beaten worlds A-D in SMB2j. They have some pretty mean segments with some precise jumping, I really wouldn't want to do them with Luigi, even if it's still his year.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Armillo just got delayed to May 12th. They had submitted the game to Nintendo, but then realized they wanted to polish up their least-liked levels. Thus they're spending about a month extra cleaning things up to their satisfaction.

Armillo just got delayed to May 12th. They had submitted the game to Nintendo, but then realized they wanted to polish up their least-liked levels. Thus they're spending about a month extra cleaning things up to their satisfaction.
No rush. March/April are pretty packed already.

L~A

I can't use the "I'll wait for the Denpa 4 announcement sale" card when waiting to buy Denpa 3, can I?

Well, you can wait to see if they're gonna make a Denpa Men 4.... should be in one of the JP Summer Directs if there's one :p

I've finally (for the first time) played and beaten worlds A-D in SMB2j. They have some pretty mean segments with some precise jumping, I really wouldn't want to do them with Luigi, even if it's still his year.

How are they unlocked in the original version? I heard it was harder than in the SNES version (where you just had to complete every single level without using shortcuts).

Oh, and since people don't visit that thread often, there's some special eShop maintenance next Thursday... rather odd day, as it's usually on Monday/Tuesday.

Jucksalbe

Banned
How are they unlocked in the original version? I heard it was harder than in the SNES version (where you just had to complete every single level without using shortcuts).

Completing the game without shortcuts only gives you world 9 in the Famicom version. You have to beat the game 8 times (you can use warps, though) to get worlds A-D.

Top Bottom