• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2014

joedick

When they announced the disc version, they said it was a limited edition. Considering there's a bundle with Mario & Luigi U combined on disc, they might have meant it. It might eventually be considered scarce, or it might become like a loose Duck Hunt, ya never know.

They never said it was a limited edition. They said it was available for the Year of Luigi. People on the internet took that to mean it would be discontinued at the end of the year when the Year of Luigi was over. The rumor caught on, and even big sites were reporting it was limited. But as far as I know, Nintendo has never stated that it's a limited edition.

Weng

They never said it was a limited edition. They said it was available for the Year of Luigi. People on the internet took that to mean it would be discontinued at the end of the year when the Year of Luigi was over. The rumor caught on, and even big sites were reporting it was limited. But as far as I know, Nintendo has never stated that it's a limited edition.

Uhm...

New Super Luigi U is in shops now as a packaged Game Disc** version, but this edition of the game will only be distributed by Nintendo during 2013 – The Year of Luigi!

tolkir

Next week on Japan eShop

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Jucksalbe

Banned
I guess there's a chance, but it wasn't released on the Wii VC in Europe. It was released in the US (on Wii) however, so maybe Europe gets it this time, too. First SquareEnix has to recognize there's still a VC in the West, of course.

L~A

Hmm.... Sword and Soldiers is possible (especially with S&S2 announced last week), though TwoTribes only made the iOS version. But who knows? It's the most likely candidate, in my opinion.

I guess there's a chance, but it wasn't released on the Wii VC in Europe. It was released in the US (on Wii) however, so maybe Europe gets it this time, too. First SquareEnix has to recognize there's still a VC in the West, of course.

Yup. Wii U VC output is actually quite decent in Japan... at least the releases keep coming. Stupid PEGI requiring a new rating even for VC games : /

jmizzal

Possible 2 gamepad game coming? Gemology

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._eshop_and_utilising_the_systems_capabilities

"NL: Will that online play be real-time, or asynchronous with data exchanges? Does the absence of double GamePad support also rule out local multiplayer?

JT: Actually... we're working with the possibility of two GamePads as that was something promised at the time of the Wii U's release, so if you have a buddy and you like the game enough, maybe you'll be able to bring your pad over because Gemology's multiplayer is about vengeance and punishment!"

donny2112

The Wii U eShop sales are really light. Is it common for devs to reduce the Wii U versions of the games, too, during Steam sales?

steveovig

We were supposed to get Adventure Island 2, years ago, on the Wii, and now we just get it on the 3DS. Why can't they just release both versions on the same day? I don't understand NOA at all.

Certainly, NOA believes SMB 3 has already been released. There can be no other explanation.

They definitely know it's not been released yet, they just apparently live in a really unique dimension of ignorance and incompetency over at NOA, this story is from about a month ago, even NOA *employees* want to know where SMB 3 is:

http://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...bros-3-will-be-out-on-the-na-virtual-console/

Although it should hardly come as a surprise, Nintendo customer service has no clue as to when Super Mario Bros. 3 will be launching on the North American Virtual Console.

Super Mario Bros. 3 landed in Europe right before the end of 2013 – for both Wii U and 3DS. Meanwhile, there hasn’t been any news about a stateside release aside from the fact that the game is coming… eventually.
Reader Andy decided to email Nintendo customer service in hopes of obtaining an update. Not much was revealed, but you can find the full response below.

Hello,
Thanks for contacting us. I was sorry to learn that the Virtual Console feature of the Nintendo eShop was frustrating you. Your feedback is very important to us, even when it isn’t necessarily positive, so I want you to know I’ve documented your email and am forwarding it to the department which oversees the Nintendo eShop.

"The department which oversees the Nintendo eShop." Wow, would I love to know who these clowns are. This was a month ago so obviously the feedback went into oblivion.

Regarding your request for information, I can confirm that every week we plan to release new digital titles to the Nintendo eShop. In some cases, they will be all Virtual Console titles, in other cases they will be original games, but for most weeks the releases will be a mix of the two. Beyond this, I’m sorry to say we don’t have information which tells us how decisions are made regarding Virtual Console titles. This means we’re unable to determine why Super Mario Bros. 3 hasn’t been released or given a release date, and we apologize for any inconvenience this causes. I can certainly understand your enthusiasm for this game as many of us (myself included!) would like to download this game as well!
I can only recommend keeping an eye on our website (www.nintendo.com) for announcements about new Nintendo eShop releases and for any updates regarding Super Mario Bros. 3.

Chris R

Still kinda pissed that Nintendo doesn't have any of the older Pokemon games on the 3DS eshop... I'm in the mood to spend money with the whole TPP craze going on now, but Nintendo doesn't want my money :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So seems Yumi's Odd Odyssey might be coming out this month, as according to this thread, Natsume will have an announcement tomorrow relating to the game.

oatmeal

Banned
Whoa, ASSSASSINS CREED 3 and SPLINTER CELL are in sale in the eshop. 19.99 and 39.99 respectively.

I grabbed SC. ABOUT TIME.

Ondore

Any idea what Yumi's Odd Oddysey's going to come in at pricewise? I can see arguments for $20 (Level-5 put Inazuma there as a series intro) and $30 (Senran Kagura, Phoenix Wright...)

JavyOO7

Even if its not remarkable for game standards these days, I would love if NOA released the first Earthbound game for NES as a surprise on the VC sometime...

Would be nice...

Jucksalbe

Banned
This was just posted in the thread for the Mario Kart 8 LE. What's important here is not the LE, but this segment:

En en attendant le 30 mai, les fans désireux de faire gronder les moteurs et entraîner leurs réflexes, pourront profiter du grand classique de la Super Nintendo, Super Mario Kart* qui sortira sur le Nintendo eShop** de la console virtuelle Wii U le 27 mars

As far as my French helps me here, this means Super Mario Kart is coming to WiiU VC on March 27th.
Also it explains further below that this will be the US version of the game.

Edit: English source

Meanwhile, for fans wishing to keep their kart tyres warm and reactions sharp before 30th May, the Super Nintendo classic Super Mario Kart* will release on Nintendo eShop** as a Wii U Virtual Console title on 27th March.

69wpm

Meanwhile, for fans wishing to keep their kart tyres warm and reactions sharp before 30th May, the Super Nintendo classic Super Mario Kart* will release on Nintendo eShop** as a Wii U Virtual Console title on 27th March. As part of a promotion to celebrate both this legendary title and Mario Kart 8, fans who purchase Super Mario Kart until June 30th 2014 can get a discount of £5.49 / 7,99 € on Mario Kart 8 if they purchase it on Nintendo eShop from the release of the game until June 30th, 2014, providing the purchase takes place on the same Wii U console.

Source

JoeM86

Europe getting Super Mario Kart on March 27th. Buy it and get £5.49 off the price of Mario Kart 8 on its launch

Meanwhile, for fans wishing to keep their kart tyres warm and reactions sharp before 30th May, the Super Nintendo classic Super Mario Kart* will release on Nintendo eShop** as a Wii U Virtual Console title on 27th March. As part of a promotion to celebrate both this legendary title and Mario Kart 8, fans who purchase Super Mario Kart until June 30th 2014 can get a discount of £5.49 on Mario Kart 8 if they purchase it on Nintendo eShop from the release of the game until June 30th, 2014, providing the purchase takes place on the same Wii U console.

Edit: Wow...beaten like crazy :(

Jucksalbe

Banned
Maybe Super Mario Kart's release would be a good occasion to revive the VC highscore thread? But then again hardly anyone ever participated the first time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Here's today's releases:

Virtual Console on Wii U
NES Open Tournament Golf – Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced golfer, NES Open Tournament Golf is perfect for those days when you just can’t get to the local golf course. You can even challenge another player in Stroke, Match and Tournament modes.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
BLOK DROP U – BLOK DROP U is a simple yet challenging physics-based puzzle game exclusively for Wii U. Your goal is to safely guide the red blok to rest on any of the normal platforms by tapping and destroying the grey bloks.

Nintendo eShop Sale
BIT.TRIP Presents…Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien – The one-year anniversary of Runner2 is now upon us, and what better way to celebrate than with a sale? Purchase one of 2013’s highest-rated games for less than the cost of a watery espresso! Starting March 10, get Runner2 in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U at a discounted price of $4.99 until 9 a.m. PT on March 17.

Also new this week:
• The Mysterious Cities of Gold: Secret Paths (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
• Adventure Island II (Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS)
• Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Top Bottom