• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2011

fernoca

Hahaha...Kool-Aid Points!
Thanks for the memories! XD

8FIll.jpg

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
sfog said:
Yeah, it's pretty decent, and I say that as someone who doesn't care much for the original arcade game. Burgertime Deluxe basically keeps the same design and core mechanics as the original arcade game and its ports, but it has more varied level design and has less unforgiving difficulty. Your movement is faster and less stiff than in the original releases, powerups and pepper refills are more common, enemies are a bit slower, and a password feature was added to resume after every few levels. I'm not sure how many levels it has in total (around 24 or so?), as I haven't spent a lot of time with it.

Sounds good, might be for 3euro

GameE

Are 3ds demos still planned? They said at E3 they would be here this year but it wasnt at the 3DS conference or the nintendo direct internet video :(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
GameE said:
Are 3ds demos still planned? They said at E3 they would be here this year but it wasnt at the 3DS conference or the nintendo direct internet video :(

Imagine the hype level for Super Mario 3D Land, or Mario Kart 7 if there were (even very limited) demos up right now.

@MUWANdo

Banned
GameE said:

There's a Mario demo coming at the very least. No idea when it actually drops, Nintendo probably won't give us a lot of warning. Best guess is that it'll come with the November update... probably after the game has already been released.

watershed

Banned
@MUWANdo said:
There's a Mario demo coming at the very least. No idea when it actually drops, Nintendo probably won't give us a lot of warning. Best guess is that it'll come with the November update... probably after the game has already been released.
Can you give me the link to where this was said? I remember some survey asking people if they played the demo, maybe it was an "intend to buy" survey on Club Nintendo. IIRC, people seemed to take this as a sign of a downloadable demo but Super Mario 3d Land demos just went live at most best buy locations so that could be the demo the survey was talking about and not a downloadable one.

As a side note the new demo stuff on 3ds' at best buy is pretty cool, you can select from a list of demos and videos. Much better than the crap that was set up previously.

rpmurphy

Nintendo seems to be rolling out demos on 3DS demo units (including SML3D), so eShop demos probably won't be too far behind.

M3d10n

If Nintendo isn't going to offer normal demos, at the very least they could make a Nintendo Video-like app for demos. Have 4-6 demos in there downloaded automatically and cycle them every few days.

M3d10n said:
If Nintendo isn't going to offer normal demos, at the very least they could make a Nintendo Video-like app for demos. Have 4-6 demos in there downloaded automatically and cycle them every few days.
That's actually an awesome idea.

wsippel

Banned
M3d10n said:
That's exactly what I expect. Iwata was specifically talking about "demos automatically delivered", so the logical conclusion would be that they would be automatically deleted as well - same as with Nintendo Video.

@MUWANdo

Banned
artwalknoon said:
Can you give me the link to where this was said? I remember some survey asking people if they played the demo, maybe it was an "intend to buy" survey on Club Nintendo. IIRC, people seemed to take this as a sign of a downloadable demo but Super Mario 3d Land demos just went live at most best buy locations so that could be the demo the survey was talking about and not a downloadable one.

I can't find a link right now but I'm sure Iwata explicitly mentioned it at their pre-TGS conference dealio.

I also remember them saying something ages ago about places like Best Buy being able to passively push demos onto your system via StreetPass, so there's that too. Hmm.

@MUWANdo

Banned
pramath said:
3DSWare! Yay!
Hoping to get some impressions from GAFfers on how the game is.

It came out on the PAL store last week... it's a 2D block-pushing thing, nothing to get excited about.

Roto13

So Nintendo said to link your eShop account to your Club Nintendo account by tomorrow to qualify for coins on the GBA games. On the one hand, that's the closest thing to an announcement we've gotten. On the other hand, that Ambassador Certificate has been quiet since it was released. :p I dunno if it's supposed to say they're coming shortly before they come, or it's only supposed to let you know when they're already there.

Kerrby

Banned
Roto13 said:
Believe it or not, some people might care more about what people on GAF think than what people on Nintendo Life think.

Yeah, why link to a website that is already almost garaunteed to have a review of it *rolleyes*?

M3d10n

wsippel said:
That's exactly what I expect. Iwata was specifically talking about "demos automatically delivered", so the logical conclusion would be that they would be automatically deleted as well - same as with Nintendo Video.
I think that would be a reasonable compromise with Nintendo's paranoid stance on demos.

sfog

Brazil said:
Data East's Lock n' Chase is coming to the Japanese 3DS VC. Awesome Pac-Man clone.

I figured that would show up eventually. It's an excellent Pac-Man clone with a good amount of level variety (plus an extra mode with larger and harder mazes that doubles the effective length of the game), and far more worthy of a re-release than GB Pac-Man was.

Roto13 said:
So Nintendo said to link your eShop account to your Club Nintendo account by tomorrow to qualify for coins on the GBA games. On the one hand, that's the closest thing to an announcement we've gotten. On the other hand, that Ambassador Certificate has been quiet since it was released. :p I dunno if it's supposed to say they're coming shortly before they come, or it's only supposed to let you know when they're already there.

I don't remember it saying GBA games specifically. It just said "Ambassador" games. So, maybe it only meant the NES games we'd already gotten?

Roto13

PigSpeakers said:
I don't remember it saying GBA games specifically. It just said "Ambassador" games. So, maybe it only meant the NES games we'd already gotten?
I dunno. I think they're registered as soon as you 'buy' them (which was done automatically in the NES games' case) and if you miss that window, that's it.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - OCT. 27, 2011

Oct. 27, 2011

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo Video™
Thriller - DreamWorks Animation - Shrek, Fiona and Donkey are in for the scariest Halloween of their lives when they attend a midnight musical based on Michael Jackson's classic video... it's bound to be a Thriller! (For Nintendo 3DS™)

Nintendo eShop
Burger Time Deluxe™ - How fast can you put together a burger when there are toppings out to get you at every turn? Give Chef Peter Pepper a helping hand in creating the ultimate hamburger in this classic arcade game. (For Nintendo 3DS)

Pyramids - Pyramids is a puzzle-platform game in which an explorer tries to get out of the pyramids with his loot. Expect dangerous traps and monsters that will put your dexterity and ingenuity to the test. (For Nintendo 3DS)

WiiWare™
Anima: Ark of Sinners - Join Celia in an astounding journey through the world of the RPG saga Anima Beyond Fantasy, an adventure that will lead to the deepest secrets of the city of Ark - and her own soul. (For Wii™)

Also new this week:
• Halloween: Trick or Treat (Nintendo eShop/Nintendo DSiWare™)
• Academy: Checkers (Nintendo eShop/Nintendo DSiWare)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit: http://www.news2know.net/nintendo/download6xN9qq8k.php .

In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo eShop for the Nintendo 3DS™ system, to the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and to the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Thursdays.

The Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service and features games, applications and videos in both 2D and 3D. Users can add money to their virtual wallets using a credit card or by purchasing a Nintendo 3DS Prepaid Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card.

The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Wii Points Card™ and Nintendo DSi Points Card™ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one card must be redeemed in either the Wii Shop Channel or the Nintendo DSi Shop, respectively. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that Wii, Nintendo 3DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii, http://www.nintendo.com/3ds or http://www.nintendo.com/ds/systems/dsi.

Burger Time!

BurgerTimeSmall.jpg

zigg

Roto13 said:
Believe it or not, some people might care more about what people on GAF think than what people on Nintendo Life think.

It's far easier and more reliable to get NL opinion than GAF opinion on *Ware. GAF opinion is substantially concentrated around VC.

Speaking of which, I hate how the PR doesn't distinguish between VC and 3DSWare. It's not always going to be obvious which is which.

zigg

Brazil said:
Two eShop releases in the same week. Incredible.

And one's a VC release!

Further to my complaint four posts ago, BTD is also the name of an actual modern game as well. Who can tell, without background information, if it's VC or a port of that modern title?

Obviously if you get to buying the thing without realizing this, you're an idiot, but still. I'd expect the PR to be at least a little bit useful in helping one determine what the thing is before you hit the shop.

Mockingbird said:
Huh? I see Burger Time Deluxe. What's the other?

Pyramids. Actual 3DSWare!

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
zigg said:
Speaking of which, I hate how the PR doesn't distinguish between VC and 3DSWare. It's not always going to be obvious which is which.
I'm afraid they are doing that on purpose, and a not particularly good purpose, at that.. Like one where they try to obfuscate the 3DSWare scarcity..

Javier

According to Nintendo Life, Pyramids plays like Solomon's Key (albeit likely a lot less frustrating), so that should give an idea of what it's like. Will get once eShop updates.

Might get Burger Time too.

zigg

Javier said:
According to Nintendo Life, Pyramids plays like Solomon's Key (albeit likely a lot less frustrating), so that should give an idea of what it's like. Will get once eShop updates.

That all-three-star unlock requirement sounds annoying. Years ago, I liked to spend time perfecting every game ever, but now I reserve that particular mental illness for games I really love. I'd go insane otherwise...

OnPoint

nincompoop said:
Well at least that one guy who wanted that laughably bad Wiiware game to come out will be happy.

EDIT: And there he is!^

I wanted it to come out too. I might buy it for a chuckle.

There comes a time where a man has to admit he's wrong. This is one of those times. Anima: Ark of Sinners is a game that should work but just doesn't. Not gonna go too much further into it but don't spend money on it. I'm gonna review this game. I think I owe my hype that much.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh man, can't wait to see the cast of Shrek re-enact Michael Jackson's famous Thriller video!

Roto13

ReXXXSoprano said:
There comes a time where a man has to admit he's wrong. This is one of those times. Anima: Ark of Sinners is a game that should work but just doesn't. Not gonna go too much further into it but don't spend money on it. I'm gonna review this game. I think I owe my hype that much.
How are you even playing that yet? :p
Watch Da Birdie said:
Oh man, can't wait to see the cast of Shrek re-enact Michael Jackson's famous Thriller video!
That actually went up on Nintendo Video yesterday.

Baron

I can't believe some people actually consider buying the shovelware being released on the 3DS store.

Pyramids? A block-moving game, seriously? I paid $2.50 for Mercury Hg on PSN a couple days ago. And a couple weeks ago I bought four full-fledged Star Wars PSP games, including Force Unleashed, for $2.50 each as well. What is Nintendo thinking?

Top Bottom