• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - October 2011

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
TqdXZ.png

7f5TM.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software

• Pyramids (Enjoy Gaming | $3.99) Latest release!

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Wii | WiiWare

• FAST: Racing League (Shin'en Multimedia | Demo Version)
  • Horizon Riders (Sabarasa | Demo Version)
  • 3D Pixel Racing (Microforum | Demo Version)

Wii | Virtual Console

• No new releases to date.

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

Nintendo DS | Demos and Extras (Available through the Wii's Nintendo Channel)

• Kirby Mass Attack (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Okamiden (Capcom | Demo Version)
  • Sonic Colors (Sega | Demo Version)
  • Ivy the Kiwi? (XSEED Games | Demo Version)
  • Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Dragon Ball: Origins 2 (Namco Bandai | Demo Version)
  • Picross 3D (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking - Pots de Creme (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking - Roasted Red Potatoes (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson | Demo Version)
  • Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (Capcom | Demo Version)
  • Women's Murder Club: Games of Passion (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Fossil Fighters - Cleaning (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Rhythm Heaven (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Personal Trainer: Math (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Mystery Case Files: MillionHeir (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Crosswords DS (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Brain Age (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Brain Age 2 (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Flash Focus (Nintendo | Demo Version)

• Fossil Fighters - Neutral Gift Fossil (Nintendo)
  • Fossil Fighters - Water Gift Fossil (Nintendo)
  • Fossil Fighters - Fire Gift Fossil (Nintendo)
  • Fossil Fighters - Earth Gift Fossil (Nintendo)

vYU92.png

• Pyramids (Enjoy Gaming | €4.00 | £3.60)

• BurgerTime Deluxe (G-Mode | Game Boy | €3.00 | £2.60) Latest release!
  • Golf (Nintendo | Game Boy | €3.00 | £2.60)
  • Catrap (ASK | Game Boy | €3.00 | £2.60)

Wii | WiiWare

• Gabrielle's Ghostly Groove: Monster Mix (Natsume | 500 Points) Latest release!
  • Trenches: Generals (Fishing Cactus | 700 Points)

• Kyotokei (Microforum | Demo Version) Latest release!
  • FAST: Racing League (Shin'en Multimedia | Demo Version)

Wii | Virtual Console

• No new releases to date.

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Mario vs Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Ghost Trick - Phantom Detective (Capcom | Demo Version)
  • Art Academy (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • 1000 Cooking Recipes from Elle à Table (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson | Demo Version)
  • Picross 3D (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Nintendo Presents: Crossword Collection (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Nintendo Presents: Style Boutique (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Rhythm Paradise (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • 100 Classic Book Collection (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Big Brain Academy (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training: How Old Is Your Brain? (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • 42 All-Time Classics - Checkers (Nintendo | DemoVersion)
  • Mario Kart DS (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Picross DS (Nintendo | Demo Version)
  • Professor Kageyama's Maths Training (Nintendo | Demo Version)

uxwGK.png

Wii | WiiWare

Wii | Virtual Console

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• No information available.

gibkz.png

Nintendo 3DS

• 2.1.0-4 System Software - July 26, 2011

Wii

• 4.3 System Software - September 7, 2010

Nintendo DSi

• 1.4.3 System Software - June 30, 2011

jtZ7i.png

Game News

KuQGS.png

Thanks to Cosmonaut X for starting the Nintendo Downloads threads tradition!

pramath

Banned
So is it more or less confirmed that there will be no firmware update, major or minor, for the 3DS before the November one?

Has anyone played EscapeVektor? It's been getting a lot of positive impressions/reviews. Well one of them was from IGN, but still.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
pramath said:
So is it more or less confirmed that there will be no firmware update, major or minor, for the 3DS before the November one?

November one?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
pramath said:
The one that revamps the eShop, revamps the Fruends List and adds 3D video recording?

That's in November? Neat. Didn't know it had a confirmed release time.

Roto13

Am I going to end up grinding for play coins so I can get through Find Mii with barely any streetpasses again?

So I wonder what the chance of us getting some real 3DSware this month are and not just 3D Classics.

Actually isn't Zen Pinball due soonish?

Roto13

Worthintendo said:
So I wonder what the chance of us getting some real 3DSware this month are and not just 3D Classics.

Isn't Zen Pinball retail?

EDIT: Apparently not. Nice.

@MUWANdo

Banned
The last NOE release schedule had some shovelware eShop game listed as a "September" release, but it didn't show up last month. Hmm.

Roto13 said:
Isn't Zen Pinball retail?

No, it's definitely an eShop title. Four tables in the standard game, plus an unspecified amount of DLC.

Busaiku

Andrex said:
That's in November? Neat. Didn't know it had a confirmed release time.
I don't know if everything's been confirmed, but Mr. Iwata did say the 3D recording update would be then.
It would make sense for other things to be in that too.

M3d10n

Worthintendo said:

The gulf between the Japan eShop and the others is unnerving. I know Nintendo has a terrible localization track record but this is so off the charts I can only think they are purposely holding the games off while they wait for something (holidays? eShop update?).

pramath

Banned
Busaiku said:
I don't know if everything's been confirmed, but Mr. Iwata did say the 3D recording update would be then.
It would make sense for other things to be in that too.
It's been confirmed.
The eShop and 3D recording were directly confirmed. The friends list update is an inference based on two things:

a) Nintendo confirmed that the friends list would be upgraded
b) Mario Kart 7, releasing in December, uses the upgraded friends list. From this it follows that the Friends List upgrade has to be in the November update.

qq more

"Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth (Capcom | Demo Version)"

That's still there? Kind of surprised, really.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
@MUWANdo said:
The last NOE release schedule had some shovelware eShop game listed as a "September" release, but it didn't show up last month. Hmm.

No, it's definitely an eShop title. Four tables in the standard game, plus an unspecified amount of DLC.
WHAT?!
Is that confirmed, eShop *and* DLC? Trailer was super neat in 3D, but it didn't mention eShop (iirc) nor DLC.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Dash Kappei said:
WHAT?!
Is that confirmed, eShop *and* DLC? Trailer was super neat in 3D, but it didn't mention eShop (iirc) nor DLC.

Zen Pinball was on NOE's last quarterly release schedule as an eShop game, it was announced as an eShop game a month or so before then, too.

RE: DLC, from this interview:

You will see some of the tables that are on both Zen Pinball and Pinball FX2 come to the 3DS as future DLC. Everyone knows that the eShop does not currently support DLC, but if we are going to do it, I guess that means things are changing?

M3d10n said:
The gulf between the Japan eShop and the others is unnerving. I know Nintendo has a terrible localization track record but this is so off the charts I can only think they are purposely holding the games off while they wait for something (holidays? eShop update?).
Wasn't it kind of the same with DSiWare? I'm sure I heard about lots of DSiWare titles that came to Japan but never got a Western Release. Space Invaders Extreme Z and Phantasy Star 0 Mini are the first 2 that spring to mind but I'm sure there where many more.

Worthintendo said:
Wasn't it kind of the same with DSiWare? I'm sure I heard about lots of DSiWare titles that came to Japan but never got a Western Release. Space Invaders Extreme Z and Phantasy Star 0 Mini are the first 2 that spring to mind but I'm sure there where many more.

No, it was with Wii Ware where everyone outside Japan had to wait about 4 months after the games got released in Japan.

DSiWare content came at a steady pace from day one, both in and outside Japan (despite us missing out on a lot of that content as well - though to be fair, Japan didn't get any of the Wayforward games or Cave Story DSi!)

Nuclear Muffin said:
No, it was with Wii Ware where everyone outside Japan had to wait about 4 months after the games got released in Japan.

DSiWare content came at a steady pace from day one, both in and outside Japan (despite us missing out on a lot of that content as well - though to be fair, Japan didn't get any of the Wayforward games or Cave Story DSi!)
I meant more in just titles we missed out on. With the DSi Japan did get it 5 months before everyone else so by the time the system came out in the West alot of DSiWare would have been ready to go.

Worthintendo said:
I meant more in just titles we missed out on. With the DSi Japan did get it 5 months before everyone else so by the time the system came out in the West alot of DSiWare would have been ready to go.

Oh yeah, that's true. I forgot about that delay.

Funny how both delays were around 4-5 months. Maybe NOA/NOE are waiting for the November update before starting the constant stream of 3DS download game content? (Lord knows why they would want to piss people off and make them wait though!)

Roto13

When the 3DS was announced, a ton of Western developers were taken by surprise and said that they hadn't gotten 3DS development kits yet. (Obviously, normally the kits go out long before the announcement of new hardware so there's something there when the console launches.) I think the reason Japan has more 3DSWare games than North America is that Japanese developers got more 3DS dev kits. (That doesn't explain why Nintendo is releasing 3DSWare games in Japan and not America, though.)
Kerrby said:
No shit sherlock, I know there will never be any games on the eShop.

By the way, isn't Zen Pinball a retail game? a herp derp.
Try again.

It's not just Nintendo, why aren't Aksys, Agetec or Gambridge pumping out the localizations? There's definitely stuff I'd expect those 3 to be interested in.

Roto13 said:
When the 3DS was announced, a ton of Western developers were taken by surprise and said that they hadn't gotten 3DS development kits yet. (Obviously, normally the kits go out long before the announcement of new hardware so there's something there when the console launches.) I think the reason Japan has more 3DSWare games than North America is that Japanese developers got more 3DS dev kits. (That doesn't explain why Nintendo is releasing 3DSWare games in Japan and not America, though.).
But why aren't we getting these Japanese games? They can't be the most complicated games and surely can't take that long to translate.

On another note, I was thinking what if Nintendo started putting up DS games to download from the eShop, much like 360 does with Xbox Classics. How much would people be willing to pay to download older DS games?

Madao

what did the latest firmware update change in the DSi? i remember it asked me to update when i downloaded four swords.

Roto13 said:
Am I going to end up grinding for play coins so I can get through Find Mii with barely any streetpasses again?

I wasn't aware anyone actually "grinded" play coins. I just kinda got 'em from carrying my 3DS around daily.

DGRE

Banned
Watched the horizon riders video. It seems like a good concept. I just wonder if it feels as good as it should.

Roto13

AbsoluteZero said:
I wasn't aware anyone actually "grinded" play coins. I just kinda got 'em from carrying my 3DS around daily.
I may or may not have changed the date on my 3DS every 1000 steps to get enough coins to finish Find Mii twice.

I got a sweet helmet though. Totes worth it.

watershed

Banned
Do Nintendo video shorts count as downloads to be discussed in the Nintendo Download thread? If so I just wanna say this new dream works cg 3 little pigs video looks compressed as hell. I'm kinda disappointed cuz lately the Nintendo videos have been getting better but this one seems to match the quality of stuff streaming on the eshop :(

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
artwalknoon said:
Do Nintendo video shorts count as downloads to be discussed in the Nintendo Download thread? If so I just wanna say this new dream works cg 3 little pigs video looks compressed as hell. I'm kinda disappointed cuz lately the Nintendo videos have been getting better but this one seems to match the quality of stuff streaming on the eshop :(
The 3d in that pigs video is freakin terrible too. i can't put into words how weird and awful it is.

watershed

Banned
Serenade said:
The 3d in that pigs video is freakin terrible too. i can't put into words how weird and awful it is.
Yeah its bad, there seems to be some hazy artifacts and background elements popping to the front of the screen in some parts for no reason. And then I switched off the 3d and the video looked even worse. The helicopter one looks better but its just a random snippet from a longer documentary show. This stuff and the blue man group do not meet my definition of compelling 3d content.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
artwalknoon said:
Yeah its bad, there seems to be some hazy artifacts and background elements popping to the front of the screen in some parts for no reason. And then I switched off the 3d and the video looked even worse. The helicopter one looks better but its just a random snippet from a longer documentary show. This stuff and the blue man group do not meet my definition of compelling 3d content.
To be fair, besides 3D movie trailers I can't really see what else they could put up on nintendo video. i mean, video game trailers are already partly covered by the eShop downloads. The whole thing needs to be revamped, really.

Someone made a really nice recommendation in another topic: rather than have Nintendo Video serve as a hub for only four random Spotpass videos, make it the primary video player for the device. In addition to all the spam videos we got now, use it to actually distribute 3D game trailers and things like that.

watershed

Banned
Serenade said:
To be fair, besides 3D movie trailers I can't really see what else they could put up on nintendo video. i mean, video game trailers are already partly covered by the eShop downloads. The whole thing needs to be revamped, really.

Someone made a really nice recommendation in another topic: rather than have Nintendo Video serve as a hub for only four random Spotpass videos, make it the primary video player for the device. In addition to all the spam videos we got now, use it to actually distribute 3D game trailers and things like that.
It would be great if Nintendo Video was an app for all 3d trailers, the Nintendo Show (of which there has only been 1 episode and no known schedule), and the other random junk. But that's not the Nintendo way. Obtuse is the rule not common sense or consistency.

Roto13

Yeah, the 3D in that Three Little Pigs video was weird. Kind of a funny little cartoon, though.

The Blue Man Group videos are pretty boring, which is a shame because the Blue Man Group is pretty awesome in general. I miss the College Humour videos. I hope Bear Shark gets made into an ongoing series.

Top Bottom