• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 demo Best Buy locations revealed [Update: Canada]

Kazerei

Banned
Guess there wasn't clear communication with Nintendo as the Nintendo of Canada facebook page has posted a list:

Come play some of our new E3 2013 Wii U games at Best Buy locations across Canada!

Demos will be at Best Buy Canada locations in:
Ontario: North York, Toronto, Mississauga, Windsor, London, Ottawa, Kingston, Brampton, Oakville
Quebec: Montreal, Lasalle
Manitoba: Winnipeg
Saskatchewan: Saskatoon
Alberta: Edmonton, Calgary (2 locations)
British Columbia: Vancouver, Langley, Richmond
Nova Scotia: Dartmouth

Check back closer to E3 2013 to learn what games will be featured!

Nice to see Saskatchewan finally getting something, too bad it's not Regina.

No Kitchener or even Cambridge? Fuck this shit :(

Woffls

I'll pay attention to this, because the demos available will almost certainly be what Nintendo have a the Eurogamer Expo. It's a shame digital stores on consoles are too consumer facing to host these kinds of demos. Ah well. Makes the effort worth it... or something.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Local Best Buy is gonna be a mad house.
If anyone cared about the We Too. *trollface*
I may wade into it just to see the demos.

Eh, the closest one to me is in Arlington, TX which is like 45 minutes away. Not worth the drive for me to play the next Mario. Ridiculous to only have 1 store in the DFW area and then on top of that to only have 2 4 hour fucking windows. I really shouldn't be surprised since it is Nintendo though.

kirby_fox

Banned
No love for the Nati?

It's just not worth the time driving to Dayton or Florence, Nintendo. Unless there's Smash, in which case I will be there all day.

DaBoss

Guess there wasn't clear communication with Nintendo as the Nintendo of Canada facebook page has posted a list:

Nice to see Saskatchewan finally getting something, too bad it's not Regina.

Sweet, but where the hell is the North York Best Buy? lol

Is that the one in Fairview Mall?

Sucks for those who would have a difficult time getting there. :(

EDIT: Wait, there are only Best Buy Mobiles in North York, so where the hell is a Best Buy in North York?

Brofield

EDIT: Wait, there is only Best Buy Mobiles in North York, so where the hell is a Best Buy.

Fairview Mall would make up for the lack of Ajax.

I mean seriously, NOTHING in the East end of the GTA? It's bullshit.

Darn, the one in Denver is like 30 minutes away...well I should be on vacation during that time so I can afford the minor trek...may take longer since I have to drive through the city...oh well!

EDIT: Wait, there are only Best Buy Mobiles in North York, so where the hell is a Best Buy in North York?

Eglinton Square around there is my guess, the one beside The Brick and a block from Walmart and EB Games.

DaBoss

Fairview Mall would make up for the lack of Ajax.

I mean seriously, NOTHING in the East end of the GTA? It's bullshit.

I was mistaken, there is no Best Buy there, only a Best Buy Mobile.

Eglinton Square around there is my guess, the one beside The Brick and a block from Walmart and EB Games.

I would love it if it was there, that's the closest one to me, however, that is the Scarborough Warden location.

I'm looking here: https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/secure/store-locator-view-all-stores.aspx

I see no Best Buy in North York.

Google Maps says the Downsview location is in North York, so I'm guessing it is that.

Brofield

I was mistaken, there is no Best Buy there, only a Best Buy Mobile.

I would love it if it was there, that's the closest one to me, however, that is the Scarborough Warden location.

I'm looking here: https://www-ssl.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/secure/store-locator-view-all-stores.aspx

I see no Best Buy in North York.

Google Maps says the Downsview location is in North York, so I'm guessing it is that.

I sincerely hope the official Best Buy store updates the the exact addresses. Obviously Nintendo of Canada is using different municipal borders than we are.

There's one in my city, but I have a feeling it's going to be a disaster. Hopefully I can just watch the conferences and the demos will be up for a few weeks.

Seriously though the 4 hour thing is FUCKING MORONIC. It's going to be a MAD HOUSE. I can speak for Miami, we have loads of major gaming fans, you make all of them go to ONE spot for just 4 hours... they will come from everywhere to try it (especially since no Ft Lauderdale one, so all of them will come down)

And then what, you wait in line and play it for like... 10 minutes max? Only one demo per person? How are we supposed to try all the E3 demos? You know everyone is going straight for Mario, maybe some Smash as well but the other demos will be totally ignored.

I think these will be tour buses, remember the Wii U demo ones among others? Would explain the time limit and short availability, plus stores only have one demo station.

boxter432

Well that's annoying: only 1 in MN where BB is headquartered and its a block away from my Old office. Now it's way out of the way. Better get some in Richfield/Bloomington/Roseville.

What's the point of living in Orlando FL is nothing good ever comes around here, seriously the closes one is Kissimmee and that's like 40 minutes away. There are like 5 best buy with 20 minutes how did none of those get picked?

Fucking Visalia, California. As someone who has visited there numerous times (and even that very Best Buy), what the fuck is Nintendo thinking?

BY2K

Membero Americo
The other 2 best buys in Montreal are as far as the Lasalle one, so if it's not the ONE Best Buy 6 minutes away from my apartment by bus it's an hour and 15 minutes away and there's no way I'm doing that.

The last time I went to one of these was to play Mario 64 at some local Wal-Mart. I went straight to the slide level (I read about it in Nintendo Power) and people started freaking out.

Depending on what games are available, I might check this out.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Oh, of course the new Best Buy in Quebec City HAD to be exclude from the Canada's list. :mad:

Thanks Obama Harper.

Top Bottom