• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 demo Best Buy locations revealed [Update: Canada]

Brinbe

I assume the Toronto one is Young & Dundas? I'll be there for sure.

Also cool that the Best Buy in Whitehall is getting it. Only about a 5 min walk from my parent's place in PA.

SykoTech

Nothing near the Palm Beaches. Disappointing.

Oh well. Probably wouldn't be worth the crowd and annoying bystanders anyway. Seriously, open for only 4 hours? It's going to be a mess.

Nothing near the Palm Beaches. Disappointing.

Oh well. Probably wouldn't be worth the crowd and annoying bystanders anyway. Seriously, open for only 4 hours? It's going to be a mess.

I don't understand their plan of a 4 hour location-specific software-only release. It just makes no sense.

Clov

I have a friend who lives in Oakville, maybe I can go to try out the demos with him. Wish it was coming to Kitchener/Waterloo, though.

I didn't even notice the time stamps, crap I work both those days and I already blew my days off for the week to see the press conferences :(

:/ what the fuck at that time to play the demos , that's just silly

Hell, nintendo will probably give those best buys the demo discs a weeks/couple days before E3

This is gonna be a disaster. But I'll try to go to the Dedham one.

jayu26

My own little slice of E3 in Brampton.
tumblr_mklvmjr5dt1qzlxego1_500.gif

:/ what the fuck at that time to play the demos , that's just silly

Hell, nintendo will probably give those best buys the demo discs a weeks/couple days before E3

This is gonna be a disaster. But I'll try to go to the Dedham one.

I'm sure Nintendo reps will be at all locations, and will have more than 1 unit set up. There's no way in hell they will just send them a disc.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Fort Meyers is the closest Best Buy to me with the Nintendo E3 demos. Which sucks, because the one in Palm Beach Gardens is much closer.

If pikmin 3 is one of the demos then RIP time

I played it at PAX east and I waited 35 minutes for 5 people
There were two stages, one 7 minute stage of exploring and gathering fruit and one 5 minute boss stage , everyone chose the fruit stage.

Plus add in multiple demos and kids and adults will hog the Wii u kiosk, fight fight fight

I'm expecting

Mario U
Mario Kart U
Sonic lost world
Sonic and Mario winter olympics
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2 -will be Vid only
Smash vid :( cmon demo

Wind waker demo would be 30 minutes so no thanks :p

I'm sure Nintendo reps will be at all locations, and will have more than 1 unit set up. There's no way in hell they will just send them a disc.

Hopefully. But they did just down size the games department in most of my best buys D: so I hope they make room

FrsDvl

Glad Edmonton is getting it. Hopefully it will be the location on the south side. If it is I might go check it out, even though I got the feeling it will be quite a disappointment. As in 1 or 2 demos with a 5 minute time limit, and some trailers and a Nintendo rep blabbing into your ear about how the Wii U is the best console ever released. Calling it now.

Yay Montreal station. The time restrictions are really bizarre, I may go if I have the time.

1. The demos will probably be very short

2. The time restrictions are intended to give the consumer a brief snapshot of what they're looking forward to, not an in-depth playthrough.

3. Short time restrictions encourage rapid turnover, something I believe Nintendo desires.

4. I assume Nintendo wants to limit the potential for your average person to come in and chronicle the demo in-depth. That's what E3 / the press is for.

Pociask

Awesome! Yeah I'm about an hour and 30 minutes away from the Cumberland Best Buy.

Atlanta-area GAF seems to be much larger then I thought. If anyone is interested, we could have a GAF Meetup before or after one of the events. It's been suggested a few times within this thread and I think it is a good idea.

ATL GAF represent! Cumberland Mall is probably fifteen or twenty minutes from my house. Now to pray my schedule is clear...

RagnarokX

The reason for the time limit is that Iwata, Reggie, and Miyamoto will be at every location simultaneously and that's as long as they can maintain the clone technique.

Roo

1. The demos will probably be very short

2. The time restrictions are intended to give the consumer a brief snapshot of what they're looking forward to, not an in-depth playthrough.

3. Short time restrictions encourage rapid turnover, something I believe Nintendo desires.

4. I assume Nintendo wants to limit the potential for your average person to come in and chronicle the demo in-depth. That's what E3 / the press is for.

Yeah, this is how I think it will be
I can see a 3D Mario demo with a pretty small level 5 minutes tops and a Mario Kart demo with Luigi's track (since those tend to be the easiest and shortest from the game)
I think they'll try to keep the flow of people active so a lot of of them can try those games by themselves.

4 hours still seem a little bit constrained tho

I'll be sure to bring my cam and take some 60fps footage(along with some gaf photos, for those willing). I'll consult you all on how I should go about uploading it once we get back.

Two days and only for four hours each? Yeah, if it wasn't an hour drive that wouldn't be that big of a deal, so I guess no E3 demos for me... :mad:

ATL GAF represent! Cumberland Mall is probably fifteen or twenty minutes from my house. Now to pray my schedule is clear...

Lucky lucky. Kind of close to ATL GAF reporting in.

emb

Nooo, my city got skipped over (well, the closest one big enough to have a BB). That means I'd probably have to drive an hour or two... hmmm... not sure if it will be worth it or not. I'll wait and see what games will be there, and if I can get anyone else I know to go.

macewank

cool, my town (Bloomington, IL) is getting one.. i'll check it out.

still do not understand why Nintendo/Sony/MS don't take advantage of their digital stores to release these demos. they could do the same thing with expiration dates =/

cool, my town (Bloomington, IL) is getting one.. i'll check it out.

still do not understand why Nintendo/Sony/MS don't take advantage of their digital stores to release these demos. they could do the same thing with expiration dates =/
That's what I'm saying dude. Especially Nintendo, since they have play limits. Just make it like 2 plays and call it a day.

Top Bottom