• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 Plans: Digital Event On 06/16, Nintendo World Championships 2015 on 06/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Treehouse live is returning, so I am happy. Hopefully the e3 direct doesn't disappoint.

Same thoughts pretty much. Nintendo Championship is whatever, I don't watch people play games that much regardless so it's not going to do much for me.

Cool intro vid though.

NuttSack

TAI4kHj.gif

Do you guys think they'll reveal or tease a new game at the end of the Championship?

knkng

Yup, I have also read Streets's tweets. Makes statements about lack of new franchises even more delusional... and now it's just painful to hear moans like "they will show Mario, Mario and another Mario" from dumbasses from my very Nintendo-unfriendly country.

You just don't understand. Codename STEAM is for a handheld, so it's not a real video game. Splatoon isn't a "big game" so it doesn't count. Xenoblade X isn't even made by Nintendo, so it clearly doesn't count. And Stretchmo is some cheap eshop indie-type game, and those have never counted.

Also LOL at the people complaining over the name Nintendo World Championship. It's like crying foul over the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

Crayolan

Nintendo World Championships are back? That came out of nowhere. If the final game isn't a never-before-seen game then I'll be disappointed.

And yay for Treehouse returning.

Nintendo World Championships are back? That came out of nowhere. If the final game isn't a never-before-seen game then I'll be disappointed.

And yay for Treehouse returning.
If they made a Wizard reference and have New Super Mario Bros. 3 as the final game, I will not be disappointed.

Dr. Buni

I wish I could take the time to respond to you with a more in-depth reply, but I'm on my phone at the moment running errands, so I cannot do the research I want to. What studios does Nintendo have that could be working on games we don't know about? I mean, it's probable that there will be a big game released on Wii U before its successor releases, but I'm doubtful of it showing up this June..
I am not the most knowledgeable person on the subject, but I think it depends of what you mean by "have". Are we counting affiliated third party devs, like Next Level Games? If so, I don't think there are games announced from Next Level Games, Camelot and maybe Monster Games (although they were working on Xenoblade 3D port). We also can't forget Retro Studios and other teams inside Nintendo (the EADs).

Now, I don't think Nintendo is going to announce 10 new games, 8 of them being mind blowing titles, but at the same time I don't think Nintendo is going to disappoint.
Site is banned. I guess we know how trustworthy they are now :p
We might get a new Retro-developed Metroid then.

I sound like a Metroid hater, but I actually love the series. I was (to be honest, I still am) just hoping Retro was working a new series or maybe new IP. Retro is such a talented team and I loved their takes on Metroid and Donkey Kong. Something new would be deeply welcomed by me.

You just don't understand. Codename STEAM is for a handheld, so it's not a real video game. Splatoon isn't a "big game" so it doesn't count. Xenoblade X isn't even made by Nintendo, so it clearly doesn't count. And Stretchmo is some cheap eshop indie-type game, and those have never counted.

Gotta add that Wii Sports/Wii Fit is a waggle casual apps so they don't count, Rhythm Heaven is a stylus casual app so it doesn't count, Pikmin is on Wii U and GameCube so it also doesn't count and Animal Crossing is a kid's game so of course it doesn't count.

And Electroplankton and Chibi-Robo don't count because I haven't heard about them, waaa.

HUELEN10

Gotta add that Wii Sports/Wii Fit is a waggle casual apps so they don't count, Rhythm Heaven is a stylus casual app so it doesn't count, Pikmin is on Wii U and GameCube so it also doesn't count and Animal Crossing is a kid's game so of course it doesn't count.

And Electroplankton and Chibi-Robo don't count because I haven't heard about them, waaa.

Don't forget Style Savvy, that's for girls. Girls play video games? HAHAHA

Seriously, people are dumb.

If that was supposed to be satire, it failed.
If that was supposed to be funny, it failed.
If that was supposed to be idiotic, then it has done its job.

The like bar is depressing. Hell, I've seen so much depressing things today... it just shouldn't happen.

Nia

Well Bill had me fooled. I guess the Konami bullshit got me used to the possibility. Reggie is probably going to ship Bill to Japan for screwing up the joke.

While I completely agree that people ignore a lot of new ips that Nintendo has created throughout the Wii/DS/Wii U/3DS era. I don't think we should really count titles such as Pikmin and Animal Crossing that have been around for well over a decade now.

In a world where games like Pokemonoboguas Ambition, Zelda Musou, Sonic & Mario at the Olympics, Pokken and Fire Emblem X MegaTen exist it seems a bit premature to assume Nintendo has nothing to show, no internal studios unknown projects, and no external companies that will work with them, so spent their E3 budget on an announcement of an announcement skit with Mega64

I am not the most knowledgeable person on the subject, but I think it depends of what you mean by "have". Are we counting affiliated third party devs, like Next Level Games? If so, I don't think there are games announced from Next Level Games, Camelot and maybe Monster Games (although they were working on Xenoblade 3D port). We also can't forget Retro Studios and other teams inside Nintendo (the EADs).

Now, I don't think Nintendo is going to announce 10 new games, 8 of them being mind blowing titles, but at the same time I don't think Nintendo is going to disappoint.

We might get a new Retro-developed Metroid then.

I sound like a Metroid hater, but I actually love the series. I was (to be honest, I still am) just hoping Retro was working a new series or maybe new IP. Retro is such a talented team and I loved their takes on Metroid and Donkey Kong. Something new would be deeply welcomed by me.
Yeah, I'm not that knowledgable on the subject , either, but I think it's too soon for Retro to announce their game. And like I said, if some of Nintendo's internal teams are working on those Miyamoto games, I would not consider them big games at all. Of course I'm not saying Nintendo has to announce ten new games in June to not be considered a disappointment, though.

Dr. Buni

Yeah, I'm not that knowledgable on the subject , either, but I think it's too soon for Retro to announce their game. And like I said, if some of Nintendo's internal teams are working on those Miyamoto games, I would not consider them big games at all. Of course I'm not saying Nintendo has to announce ten new games in June to not be considered a disappointment, though.
Tropical Freeze development ended in 2013, if I recall correctly. Two years is enough for Retro to develop something presentable, no? Hell, they can at least show us a teaser or the title of the game.

Yeah, I wouldn't consider the Miyamoto games big either.

While I completely agree that people ignore a lot of new ips that Nintendo has created throughout the Wii/DS/Wii U/3DS era. I don't think we should really count titles such as Pikmin and Animal Crossing that have been around for well over a decade now.

With Animal Crossing, I can agree due to New Leaf's booming success, but, sadly, Pikmin is still "that obscure franchise" for lots of folks.

Tropical Freeze development ended in 2013, if I recall correctly. Two years is enough for Retro to develop something presentable, no? Hell, they can at least show us a teaser or the title of the game.

Don't expect Retro's game to be there.

Put it out of your mind.

Think of it as a bonus if it does surprisingly show up.

With Animal Crossing, I can agree due to New Leaf's booming success, but, sadly, Pikmin is still "that obscure franchise" for lots of folks.
That is pretty sad because Pikmin has become one of my favorite franchises.
My main issue is Nintendo tends to make lots of Mario/Zelda games rather than putting their other franchises in the limelight. Splatoon is refreshing though.

Well, Donkey Kong Country was released in 2010, right? And we first saw Tropical Freeze three years later in 2013. I wouldn't expect Retro's game to show up, but it's possible, I suppose. This is one of those instances where I prefer assuming the worst case scenario.

I don't know why but I'm kind of expecting to be disappointed by Star Fox when it's revealed. I think hearing way back when that it'll be dished out in small episodic chunks and that they were still looking for a studio to partner with has me less enthusiastic.

TrueBlue

Super Mario Galaxy HD Collection for Wii U I could see happening.
I honestly really don't have any clue what to expect in terms of announcements.
I just hope they have enough content for both platforms.

It doesn't even have to be something for this year, I doubt Nintendo will limit their announcements to games that are coming this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom