• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo's FY 2016 has officially begun - The Year of NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

I'm almost crying with excitement. In just a month in a half we're going to see Zelda for the NX. We're going to have a blowout, Treehouse will play the entire opening sequence and possibly show the full final map. And I'm going to hate myself for spoiling the game by watching, but I can't go on media blackout until September/November.

takriel

I'm almost crying with excitement. In just a month in a half we're going to see Zelda for the NX. We're going to have a blowout, Treehouse will play the entire opening sequence and possibly show the full final map. And I'm going to hate myself for spoiling the game by watching, but I can't go on media blackout until September/November.
Curb your enthusiasm, man. At this point, we don't know how Zelda U will turn out. I'm mildly optimistic, but damn have they soured me with Skyward Sword.

Stop getting excited! You're not allowed to be excited and have enthusiasm for brand new games and a brand new system. Lol

ReyVGM

Curb your enthusiasm, man. At this point, we don't know how Zelda U will turn out. I'm mildly optimistic, but damn have they soured me with Skyward Sword.

Skyward Sword was great. Best dungeons and bosses. Swordplay was great, never encountered any interference and I understood how to play it immediately.

Zelda NX can't be worse than that.

Although, I know half of the sidequests will be people asking link to carry pumpkins or getting cats off trees. And I hope it doesn't have a stupid looking boss like Tentalus. That fight would be been a ton better if the boss actually looked scary.

takriel

Skyward Sword was great. Best dungeons and bosses. Swordplay was great, never encountered any interference and I understood how to play it immediately.

Although, I know half of the sidequests will be people asking link to carry pumpkins or getting cats off trees.
Loved many things in Skyward Sword, as well. But they have yet to show us how they will tackle an open world design. And I think they can't get it right the first time. But we'll see.

Although, I know half of the sidequests will be people asking link to carry pumpkins or getting cats off trees. And I hope it doesn't have a stupid looking boss like Tentalus. That fight would be been a ton better if the boss actually looked scary.

Somebody knows what's up :)

I tell myself to go on media blackouts all the time, but I can never hold strong. I'll watch whatever is shown during their event, but I'm going to avoid gameplay videos with the Treehouse and such. I'm probably gonna fail, but I really think the payoff could be huge.

The whole buildup to Tentalus was great, too. Too bad the actual boss didn't look threatening at all.

ReyVGM

Loved many things in Skyward Sword, as well. But they have yet to show us how they will tackle an open world design. And I think they can't get it right the first time. But we'll see.

Yeah, I really doubt they'll get it right (as in western-style right). Hopefully with patches and DLC the game can end up being great (assuming it isn't the first time around). If it's at least Xenoblade-type right, then it's going to be okay. I've never played a western open world game, so I really don't have any expectations.

I tell myself to go on media blackouts all the time, but I can never hold strong. I'll watch whatever is shown during their event, but I'm going to avoid gameplay videos with the Treehouse and such. I'm probably gonna fail, but I really think the payoff could be huge.

What I'm going to do is just watch a little bit and then just close the stream. But god damn it, I'll watch the gamexplain analysis of it and still spoil it. There's no escape :(

i need zelda U in my life, played through all 3d zeldas and many 2d zeldas these past few months and i am feeling empty without more zelda in my life. The worst thing for me is not even waiting, but having nothing to help me out a little bit. We had 11 months between the game awards and the direct which showed 11 seconds of the game and i was happy lol. june is so close but so far at the same time

spekkeh

Banned
I put this in the other topic

Lets put the evidence together! Retro Studios worked on a racing game in Mario Kart 7. Retro Studios worked on DKCR and DKCTF. Monster games works on Excite series which are racing games. Monster games helped work on DKTF.

Retro and Monster games likes to work together and they each are rumored to be working on Diddy Kong Racing 2. The evidence shows they both have some expertise in "racing" and "DK" now. Retro + Monster Games = DK + Racing = Diddy Kong Racing 2 :D

My only worry is I hope Retro is helping with this game and not fully on this game with all their manning. I want Retro to help make this game, but also have a big game they're working on also for the NX.

Diddy Kong has no brand power left. Noone recognizes the little ape anymore. They're not going to feature him in a major game.

i need zelda U in my life, played through all 3d zeldas and many 2d zeldas these past few months and i am feeling empty without more zelda in my life. The worst thing for me is not even waiting, but having nothing to help me out a little bit. We had 11 months between the game awards and the direct which showed 11 seconds of the game and i was happy lol. june is so close but so far at the same time

Yes, yes, you understand my pain.

No other game series can fill the Zelda void.

Zelda is love. Zelda is life.

I wish I could cryogenically freeze myself until Zelda U's release date!

Anth0ny

not much longer now:

t1461801600z4.png

believe

Skyward Sword is absolutely amazing, I'd even call it the second best 3D Zelda right after Ocarina.

You all will get around to it someday and see just how much better it is than TP, WW and especially Majora.

About that rumor from last page about NX being one of the reasons of why the PS4K exists ... i can't see that.

Sony has ... what ... 40 mio current userbase? Even if NX is more powerful than PS4 to a certain extent, it's not like that Sony would magically lose anything because of that. Also, i doubt that 3rds would put more effort in a port for a Nintendo console with an effective userbase of zero.
It's more likely that MS first started with hardware update plans and Sony reacted to them. MS would make people know if they have a new console with a huge power upgrade compared to PS4, Nintendo ... doubtful.

Of couse, that doesn't mean that it could not be more powerful or at least as powerful, i'd welcome it, just for the sake of 3rd parties, as Nintendo can make some good stuff even on a lower powered machine.

Dawn of the final week, right? :)

Skyward Sword is absolutely amazing, I'd even call it the second best 3D Zelda right after Ocarina.

You all will get around to it someday and see just how much better it is than TP, WW and especially Majora.

It's actually my favorite game of all time, haters be damned :p

Skyward Sword was a love letter to the entire series and incorporated all of the most important Zelda mechanics from the entire series into a single game. It was and is a masterpiece!

I feel like there's a slight chance, maybe around 3%, that a Nintendo Direct is announced today. They could time its release just hours before the FY forecast meeting. It makes sense to me!

ReyVGM

I feel like there's a slight chance, maybe around 3%, that a Nintendo Direct is announced today. They could time its release just hours before the FY forecast meeting. It makes sense to me!

Nintendo Direct

February 22
April 21

February 14
April 17

February 13
Three game-specific directs

January 14
April 1

March 3
May ???

I guess we'll get a direct a the end of this month or beginning of next month.

Keep in mind that Nintendo said that Directs aren't going to be the same thing they were with Iwata and until last year. Those timing speculations built on previous dates might not work anymore.

Mr Swine

Banned
About that rumor from last page about NX being one of the reasons of why the PS4K exists ... i can't see that.

Sony has ... what ... 40 mio current userbase? Even if NX is more powerful than PS4 to a certain extent, it's not like that Sony would magically lose anything because of that. Also, i doubt that 3rds would put more effort in a port for a Nintendo console with an effective userbase of zero.
It's more likely that MS first started with hardware update plans and Sony reacted to them. MS would make people know if they have a new console with a huge power upgrade compared to PS4, Nintendo ... doubtful.

Of couse, that doesn't mean that it could not be more powerful or at least as powerful, i'd welcome it, just for the sake of 3rd parties, as Nintendo can make some good stuff even on a lower powered machine.

Dawn of the final week, right? :)

They want to have he markets for themselves maybe?

I really don't think they will announce anything on Wednesday. Do the shareholders really need to ask them about NX for them to say anything?

I expect the worst console Nintendo has ever released, with the worst launch lineup....must keep hype in check,must keep hype in check

Oh god don't Dissapoint me Nintendo.... AAAAAAaaaahh can't take the waiting for news

jdstorm

Banned
Oh, okay. How many first-party titles do you expect/hope Nintendo will launch NX with? Personally, I think three is a good number if the first year has a steady stream of titles or two if they're instant classics.

Including ports.
Launch Day : Smash 4, Splatoon and Mario Maker probably bundled plus 3D Mario and Zelda. Plus good 3rd party support from Japanese publishers ( monster hunter FFXV ect ) and hopefully full support from EA ( Star Wars, FIFA, Madden, UFC)

Launch window. Whatever retro is working on, pimkin 4 and a few others

Neff

I'd even go one further. I'd say it's the best 3D Zelda.

Also definitely agree on Majora being the least best.

Anth0ny

The Zelda cycle. It's real. Skyward Sword will be the best in 2 to 5 years.

TP is still largely deemed mediocre. We even got a HD version no one really cared about! The difference in love between TP and WW is staggering.

SS leans more towards TP. it's not as beloved as the first three 3D Zeldas, and no amount of time passing will change that.

I really hope Zelda U takes more lessons from LBW than TP or SS.

Malus

I'd even go one further. I'd say it's the best 3D Zelda.

Also definitely agree on Majora being the least best.

It's actually my favorite game of all time, haters be damned :p

Skyward Sword was a love letter to the entire series and incorporated all of the most important Zelda mechanics from the entire series into a single game. It was and is a masterpiece!

Praise be to Skyward Sword.

This post is absolutely disgusting

I disagree with what you say but I will fight for your right to say it.

I only fight using memes.

They want to have he markets for themselves maybe?

I really don't think they will announce anything on Wednesday. Do the shareholders really need to ask them about NX for them to say anything?
They basicall have the market for themselves already, Xone can't really catch up, Wii U is not even worth a mention in this regard, and exclusives that "miss" the PS4 are either bought time exclusives (Tomb Raider) or 1st/2nd party output of one of the other console makers.

That's why i don't see Sony being "afraid" of Nintendo, not in this gen. Maybe, a big, huuuge maybe, if Nintendo manages to finish one console-gen without any f*ck ups and delivers a compelling system for devs and consumers, and with that being able to shift some mindset.

Diddy Kong has no brand power left. Noone recognizes the little ape anymore. They're not going to feature him in a major game.
Eh you can say the same about Fox and now we have Star Fox. You can say the same about Captain Falcon. Does that mean we shouldn't have any more F-Zero game? Captain Falcon I would say is less popular than Diddy. They're both in Smash, but atleast Diddy has DKCR and TF. They all deserve to have new games.

Eh you can say the same about Fox and now we have Star Fox. You can say the same about Captain Falcon. Does that mean we shouldn't have any more F-Zero game? Captain Falcon I would say is less popular than Diddy. They're both in Smash, but atleast Diddy has DKCR and TF. They all deserve to have new games.

Captain Falcon is a Smash character at this point - and probably the most famous one. I'd say he has way more power on its own that Diddy.

Mr Swine

Banned
They basicall have the market for themselves already, Xone can't really catch up, Wii U is not even worth a mention in this regard, and exclusives that "miss" the PS4 are either bought time exclusives (Tomb Raider) or 1st/2nd party output of one of the other console makers.

That's why i don't see Sony being "afraid" of Nintendo, not in this gen. Maybe, a big, huuuge maybe, if Nintendo manages to finish one console-gen without any f*ck ups and delivers a compelling system for devs and consumers, and with that being able to shift some mindset.

They sure do, but I still hold the notion that they really can't be sure of with Nintendo or MS in the console race.

What if NX becomes a big hit? Then Sony is forced to "react" accordingly to combat it with PS4. With PS4K they really don't need to do that since it will dwarf anything Nintendo shows at E3

And not only that, Sony can now just drop the price at E3 or in near future before NX comes out

Anth0ny

I'm really hoping diddy Kong racing 2 is one of the Wii u games in development that got moved to NX.

Music done by David wise, of course.

They sure do, but I still hold the notion that they really can't be sure of with Nintendo or MS in the console race.

What if NX becomes a big hit? Then Sony is forced to "react" accordingly to combat it with PS4. With PS4K they really don't need to do that since it will dwarf anything Nintendo shows at E3

And not only that, Sony can now just drop the price at E3 or in near future before NX comes out
Well, i think you just showed a pretty good way to react to a NX that catches the lightning in the bottle again, drop the price of the PS4. ^^

If Nintendo does release a NX system with a noticable power-difference, we're most likely talking about $299 - $350 price, using the rumored PS4K price as a base, and then scale back the power a little bit from it. And if Sony can drop the price of PS4 in connection to PS4K as a premium model, without losing money on the lower PS4 price, they can just outprice them.

BKSmash

I hope they announce their next mobile game, or at least tell us what franchise it is. I remember those ¨news¨ about their next mobile game being from a big franchise..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom