• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

If someone knows the trick to fighting the Birdmen I wish they could tell me. I can dodge a fair amount of their moves, but they counterattack *so* fast it's insane, and a large amount of their moves completely break my Ki bar if I block them. The only move I know I'm safe to hit them on is when they do the stab forward and then a big spin - but even then, the speed at which he'll do another high damage swipe is ridiculously fast.

Also fighting them in a tight space, like the one in the side mission in region 2, seems suicide.

Tengu and Gyudo (tongue bastards) are the enemies if i see i look around see if i can go around them. Tengu are quick bastards and Gyudo have insane reach with that tongue both are tanks and can take hits.

The duel tengu mission can fuck off with how small that area is

Ducktail

If someone knows the trick to fighting the Birdmen I wish they could tell me. I can dodge a fair amount of their moves, but they counterattack *so* fast it's insane, and a large amount of their moves completely break my Ki bar if I block them. The only move I know I'm safe to hit them on is when they do the stab forward and then a big spin - but even then, the speed at which he'll do another high damage swipe is ridiculously fast.

Also fighting them in a tight space, like the one in the side mission in region 2, seems suicide.

Dodge and deliver a couple of hits. Repeat the process until he's dead.

It's boring, but it does the trick. Their moveset is very limited and predictable, though.

EDIT: I MESSED UP, DOUBLE POST. I'M SORRY. :( Can a mod delete this?

All of the cutscenes feel like window dressing to a larger story that I assume is being included in the text I can't be bothered to read.

Greddleok

The bird guys are just annoying. Now I do so much back "stab" damage, it's easier for me to just wait and hit them in the ass with a heavy attack until they die.

Used to keep kicking them, but it's slower than back stabbing.

myco666

The problem is that it's impenetrable dumb action game story. I don't even care how dumb the story is, I just want to know what's happening. I have no fucking clue, just a bunch of Japanese guys getting corrupted by some English guy, and killed by another.

Nah. The story is simple. William is looking for the guy who looks like he is going to shoot a goth music video and carries the fairy from Zelda.

What happens in Japan is bit more complicated but not really that much. Just that it is poorly told here.

Basically you had this guy called Hideyoshi who had two students, Mitsunari and Ieyasu. When Hideyoshi kicked the bucket Mitsunari and Ieyasu started fighting over the position of ruler of Japan or something. Mitsunari is the 'Team Evil'. Don't really know why but he is and Ieyasu is the 'Team Good'. There is bunch of other stuff too but I think that is the important part.

Now obviously you are on 'Team Good' but that hardly matters to the overall story of the game because you are just looking for Kelley.

I'm sure there is a good story somewhere in there, but it's very badly told.

There really isn't. It is not bad but it isn't good either.

Nothus

His spinning claw attacks are really easy to dodge once you get the timing down.
For his attack using his staff, the key is to dodge towards him, not to the side or backwards.
Take your time, only hit him once or twice in between his attacks. Keep close so that he doesn't use any ranged projectiles or fly up into the air.

Pompadour

The problem is that it's impenetrable dumb action game story. I don't even care how dumb the story is, I just want to know what's happening. I have no fucking clue, just a bunch of Japanese guys getting corrupted by some English guy, and killed by another.

I don't think the twilight missions are a big deal, but I don't like it. I think it says a lot about the game if the only mechanical thing I dislike is a stupid daily quest structure.

I think the stuff in Japan uses broad story beats because, I'm guessing, Japanese people already know who these people are and what is happening. It's just that these historical figures also had Stands and there Japanese folklore monsters everywhere. I could be completely wrong, however, as my knowledge of Japanese history is limited to seeing Nobunaga popping up in dozens of videogames and concluding he must have been a real person.

The other stuff is basically evil guy wants to rule the world using Amrita and he stole William's Stand so William has to go to Japan to get it back.

Hystzen

The story is simple but it told in a way as it expects you too already know these historical figures.

Basic timeline

Oda Nobunaga goes on a conquest to unify believes he needs to defeat war itself to make a world of peace. He is brutal murdering civilians, enemies and burning temples. Ieyasu Tokugawa is ally of Nobunaga with Hanzos father, Tadakatsu Honda and Torii Mototada.

Nobunaga about to unify is suddenly murdered by Mitsuhide Akechi at Honnoji alongside his wife and sons.

Hideyoshi turns around with his young general Mitsunari Ishida to fight Mitsuhide crushing him.

Ieyasu Tokugawa fights Hideyoshi for control and loses goes back to grovelling on floor becames ally of Hideyoshi.

Hideyoshi unifies Japan few years of peace then dies.

Mitsunari claims his son should rule as he is heir so deal with it. His generals Otani (a leper) Yoshitsugu and Sakon Badass Shima know Ieyasu will try take over.

Hanzo travels to Kyushu to recruit generals for Ieyaus

William arrives to find his Fairy and kill a tattoed Voldermort

It is messy to remember and game does expect you to remember everything or already know. The game as a previous on Nioh section with quick blurbs saying what going on and a deep Character Biography

You mean like using a guardian spirit talisman or moment talisman? I haven't tried out most of them, but Paired Raiken and Kato have really easy-to-aim ones that pretty much guarantee an instant elemental status on an enemy.

I hate the summons that are hard to aim. Like Kara-jishi, he comes out a set distance in front of you, so if an enemy is running at you, he ends up appearing BEHIND the enemy and missing completely.

If you mean Living Weapon, I don't know. Basically anything with A or A+ Tenacity is godlike, if you actually wait until you're at less than 30% health to summon.

I've said this before, but using Kato or Paired Raiken (A and A+ tenacity respectively), if I wait for critical health, without ANY OTHER SETUP OR CONSUMABLES, I can maintain living weapon for full missions.

so that's what tenacity actually means, no wonder those panic activations felt that i did a lot more damage and lasted a bit longer

Maledict

It is ironic that the story itself is so impenetrable and confusing - but the setting itself is fanastic. I've never really read up or experienced Japanese folklore, so it makes such a refreshing change from the usual western RPG stuff. Love the world itself, and want to buy little Kodama for my study.

Zaventem

If someone knows the trick to fighting the Birdmen I wish they could tell me.

I use mid stance and put two hits in then dash out. I recommend actually staying close to them to bait their 2 hit claw attack to give you better openings.

Twookie

for the hard enemies like raven tengu and onyudo I just try to stack two different elements to inflict the discord debuff which puts them in a zero ki state = stunned on every hit they take

you can do this really easily by using a element talisman + living weapon of another element

Greddleok

I also have a problem that Japanese names might as well be a list of letters and numbers to me.
Nobunanga? N120dgh7s is just as memorable. I just can't remember Chinese and Japanese names because they don't sound like real things. Just noise. It might help if I ever knew who the characters were actually talking about. I struggle to remember English names in stories when they're uttered and the character isn't present, so linking a Japanese name to a character and their motivations is impossible for me.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
To be honest I don't get why people are confused by the story either.

The overall arch is obvious - William (Sir Anjin) wants his spirit back that saved his life when he was a child. So it's important to him. Sir Kelley was commissioned by background characters (who will reveal themselves, keep playing) from England to go to Japan to acquire Amrita. A resource that William's spirit can find easily (like a compass, thus - why Kelly stole her to begin with). Amrita is a special resource that converts soldiers into demons (which the English wants to weaponize) - think the B.O.W program from Resident Evil (accept Amrita is in a sense, the T-virus). Amrita is in ample supply in Japan, which is why Kelley goes there with William's stole spirit animal. William thus follows him to Japan.

On the Japan front, you work with Hanzo who has recruited you to join with Ieyasu to control and unify Japan. William agrees because it allows him to track Kelley more easily. The characters you meet in the first few regions are simply various other warlards that Hanzo and you are recruiting. This recruitment also is further explained quite literally in a mission later on. For the most part in the first third of the game, you are in quest to meet up with Lord Ieyasu. Understand that the first time you meet him it's merely a body double to prove that William isn't an assassin. The secondary antagonist in the game can be seen as Lord Ishida, the strongest rival to Lord Ieyasu (the guy you 'work' for).

Williams crew consists of Hanzo, Okatsu, Tenkai, and Fuku. Your 'party' if you will that work for Ieyasu to assist you. The game begins to more focus on the primary objective in the second half, which the story becomes less about Japanese warring states and warlords and more about William's primary quest.

People had trouble following the story? Wut? It's super straightforward!

To add to what has been said, there was one detail I had missed, or didn't remember, from the intro mission in London, that made me go "ohhh right that's why". For a while I wondered why Kelley was so insistent on inflicting war and chaos across Japan, it just seemed like being cartoonishly evil for evil's sake. Now he IS cartoonishly evil too (he relishes in the chaos), but in the intro mission when you eavesdrop on his conversation (you can also peer through the keyhole btw and you see Kelley there but not the man he's talking to -- I missed the peeking part the first time, I just stood near the door to listen), and the man that sends Kelley to Japan tells him that he must keep Japan at war because "blood needs to flow" to be able to unleash all the Amrita.

What I would say I dislike about the game are the sections where it feels like the game has imposed artificial, unfun difficulty for the sake of being difficult.

E.g. The area in region 2 with lots of instant death water holes and really tight corridors where falling to instant death is incredibly easy. Then in a side mission they fill it full of huge monsters with large AE attacks where dodging to avoid the attack is often instant death. My favorite was the standard demon soldier with an axe stood just in front of a shrine on a really, really tight form with instant death water all around - and he one shot me. That was a surprise. Camera weirdness + big monsters + narrow fighting spaces + lots of instant death terrain != fun for me.

I do really struggle with blocking. Whenever I meet a boss I cannot tackle (Dojo warrior adept mission, succubus lady etc) often it's because I'm not blocking enough.

Blocking helps in many places but I'm not sure Hino-Enma is a good example, I always focused more on dodging there, though blocking helped in a pinch for some of her attacks I guess.

As for the mission you're talking about, eh, I dunno. As soon as I saw a bloody grave with "drowned" I knew to be careful of the traps, and I almost never fell in the water because I proceeded cautiously the entire time. I don't see that as artificial difficulty at all, anymore than "having enemies that hit hard". It's just another obstacle to overcome, but instead of combat skills it's navigational and observational skils.

My problems with the game:

The story is terrible. I have no idea what's going on. They have some beautiful cutscenes, then ruin them by putting ridiculous info in subtitles. I can't read and watch at the same time! Then the story is just crazy, I have absolutely no idea what is going on or what my character's motivations are.

I'm not so fussed about it, I never really care about story much in games anyway, but I'd at least like to know what's happening.

The other problem is the way twilight missions work. I finally last night, had 2 twilight missions I hadn't done. I finished one, then I didn't have time to do the other. How long am I going to have to wait until it's available again?! Silly system IMO. I understand why they want to limit them - people shouldn't be compelled to do them immediately after finishing the original mission - but I don't like the system.
I agree the Twilight mission system is kind of whack, I don't care for it either. Plus sometimes by the time you get an "early" one unlocked, you'll be way overlevelled for it, which makes it rather boring.

That said read above for the story, lowhighkang_LHK summarized it pretty well, and I honestly don't understand why people struggled on this part. I mean it's a straightforward story, it's not exactly bad, but it's not particularly compelling either. It's just... kinda there.

Edit:

I also have a problem that Japanese names might as well be a list of letters and numbers to me.
Nobunanga? N120dgh7s is just as memorable. I just can't remember Chinese and Japanese names because they don't sound like real things. Just noise. It might help if I ever knew who the characters were actually talking about. I struggle to remember English names in stories when they're uttered and the character isn't present, so linking a Japanese name to a character and their motivations is impossible for me.
Um... wow

Just beat the game, all but two side missions, ended at level 113 with around 60 hours.

WOW

Just wow.

Game had its issues but what an experience, what a change of pace. I played a Ninja Mage and loved every second of the tools given to you in combat, from magic, to ninjitsu, I stayed with the Kusarigama the whole game and never regretted it.

The story...well it does pick up in the last two regions but I thin it cannot be denied that a lot will go over peoples heads if they don't have a relatively intimate familiarity with the waring states period and, to some extent, England in the 1600s.

Only regret? We never got
Nekomata
as a Guardian Spirit >.<

Greddleok

I agree the Twilight mission system is kind of whack, I don't care for it either. Plus sometimes by the time you get an "early" one unlocked, you'll be way overlevelled for it, which makes it rather boring.

That said read above for the story, lowhighkang_LHK summarized it pretty well, and I honestly don't understand why people struggled on this part.

The unlocked ones have always been WAY below my level...every single time. So boring.

I also think the problem is that the story isn't even remotely interesting, so I couldn't be bothered to put in work to understand it. I'm not reading anything, fuck that.

Um... wow
Sorry...I don't speak Japanese. The whole language sounds like noise to me. Just like Arabic, Swedish, Russian and Afrikaans.

Hystzen

I think playing Samurai warriors , Sengoku Basara and Onimusha inprinted the names in my head. My GF was confused but she started to pick it up even if she referred to Naomasa il as Red Horn guy with spear

Hybris

Sorry...I don't speak Japanese. The whole language sounds like noise to me. Just like Arabic, Swedish, Russian and Afrikaans.

It's not that bad if you just put in a little extra effort to remember the names. They are referenced quite frequently, especially Nobunaga who is mentioned in a ton of loading tool-tips for various levels. I didn't know who the person was when I started the game, but by region 4-5 I had a pretty good understanding of his importance, and I knew he would pop up at some point.

Manu

At least when you read a Japanese name you just know how to pronounce it right off the bat.

Now Saoirse being pronounced "Sersha," on the other hand... (And I love Irish sounding names, but they're confusing af)

Hystzen

Passive skills from other weapons do stack even if never use them weapons right?
So i can have cornered tiger without ever having a spear equipped

what's the least spirit level i should have to be able to use all pokemons and its abilities to the fullest? i got one yesterday but it needs level 21 to use it to the max so im guessing the others to follow will need even more higher requirements

Just finished completing the second region. Man this game is a lot of fun, but it can be frustrating how cheap some of the enemies are. I slightly understand the complaints about the story. Yes it is not told well, but since I already know quite a bit about the Warring States Period in Japan I am not that confused about who is who and their motivations. The protagonist William is just a side character really in a bigger story that is going on.

Hystzen

Just finished completing the second region. Man this game is a lot of fun, but it can be frustrating how cheap some of the enemies are. I slightly understand the complaints about the story. Yes it is not told well, but since I already know quite a bit about the Warring States Period in Japan I am not that confused about who is who and their motivations. The protagonist William is just a side character really in a bigger story that is going on.

Thats the key thing William is just witnessing these events his story is not important compared to what is going on around you.

Chorazin

Beat this game last night.
I really got burnt out in the last region and start summoning help for the bosses.

Still was a lot of fun :)

I'm going through the same thing now. If I don't beat it before Friday I know I'm gonna lose interest once Zelda is in my hands so if that means summoning after a few boss tries that's fine with me.

Jamiaro

I just respect myself because of Yakatani Magatama. I get to use the 5 piece bonus from both the Warriors of the West and the Red Devil. My Agility got raised to B however, which sucks. :(

But at least now I get to set Discord more frequently.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I also think the problem is that the story isn't even remotely interesting, so I couldn't be bothered to put in work to understand it. I'm not reading anything, fuck that.
Well, obviously it'll be less interesting if you don't even read the mission descriptions. They're not even that long, but OK, I guess reading a short paragraph is asking too much nowadays.

I don't speak (much) Japanese either, but calling a language you don't speak as "noise" is Anglo-centric as fuck. C'mon.

Moreover Japanese is actually relatively easy to pronounce for an English speaker (they struggle with the syllable stress though >_< but otherwise are OK). It's not counter-intuitive stuff like Saoirse being pronounced Ser-sha.

Plus the only Japanese names you really need to remember for the story are Oda Nobunaga, Ieyasu Tokugawa, Hanzo Hattori, and maybe Mitsunari Ishida. The rest are minor NPCs that add flavour.

Thats the key thing William is just witnessing these events his story is not important compared to what is going on around you.
That's a good thing IMO otherwise it'd be some white saviour BS, haha.

Greddleok

Well, obviously it'll be less interesting if you don't even read the mission descriptions. They're not even that long, but OK, I guess reading a short paragraph is asking too much nowadays.

I don't speak (much) Japanese either, but calling a language you don't speak as "noise" is Anglo-centric as fuck. C'mon.

It's the game's job to make me interested. I'm not going out of my way to read something when I just want to get into the action if I'm not already interested. I'm playing the game because I want an interactive experience. Anything that's not game is a distraction from that and something I have to be convinced to do.

I really dislike the argument "well if you don't read/watch/look up the complete explanation on youtube, of course you find it boring, it's your fault!" The creators need to make me interested. I read almost every Codex in Mass Effect, because bioware made a story that was enthralling from the get go. I didn't have to go out of my way to be interested by it, I went out of my way because I was interested by it.

Well of course I'm biased towards languages I speak, I speak them. It's no like I think the languages I don't speak are bad, but they do just sound like noise to my untrained ears. German sounded like noise until I put in effort to learn a little. I have no reason to learn Japanese.

At least when you read a Japanese name you just know how to pronounce it right off the bat.

Now Saoirse being pronounced "Sersha," on the other hand... (And I love Irish sounding names, but they're confusing af)

This so much got me. I was trying to pronounce her name forever, and it would always sound wrong. Stupid me didn't ever use the Bestiary. Had to get an Irish friend of mine to help me out.

A protagonist or playable character does not always have to be the center of events. A good example of this is the most recent Mad Max movie Fury Road where I feel that Mad Max is just a vehicle for the viewer to witness the events of the story while it is really about Furiosa and her tale.

It's the game's job to make me interested. I'm not going out of my way to read something when I just want to get into the action if I'm not already interested. I'm playing the game because I want an interactive experience. Anything that's not game is a distraction from that and something I have to be convinced to do.

I really dislike the argument "well if you don't read/watch/look up the complete explanation on youtube, of course you find it boring, it's your fault!" The creators need to make me interested. I read almost every Codex in Mass Effect, because bioware made a story that was enthralling from the get go. I didn't have to go out of my way to be interested by it, I went out of my way because I was interested by it.

Well of course I'm biased towards languages I speak, I speak them. It's no like I think the languages I don't speak are bad, but they do just sound like noise to my untrained ears. German sounded like noise until I put in effort to learn a little. I have no reason to learn Japanese.

I don't think that means the game is doing something wrong, it just means you're not particularly interested in what it does say. I did the same thing recently in a few games, just skipped everything written because I just didn't care, but I can't fault the game for that, I just personally didn't give a shit.

I really like all the information and bestiary entries etc. the game presents as unlocks especially and have done several of the 'challenges' simply to get those. I think it's just down to a matter of taste.

Then again I liked this type of shit in the Onimusha days and so forth, so maybe I'm just used to that style and welcome the return even though it may be archaic by today's standards. I don't know, just throwing it out there.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Sure, the game does have to make you interested, but again, it's not like you have to dig deep into obscure lore or watch youtube vids explaining everything to understand what's going on. You have straightforward cut scenes showing the plot to you. For additional info you can read mission descriptions which are super short. It's extremely minimal effort. You don't want to make this effort, OK, but then complaining you don't understand the story? C'mon. I don't read even all of the amrita memories stuff either, 'cause I'm not that interested, but there's nothing confusing or hard to follow about the game's basic plot.

It'd be different if you said "yeah I wasn't interested in the story so I just mashed buttons to skip the cut scenes and didn't read the texts 'cause I don't care, I just wanna kill oni". But saying "I can't understand the story at all, this is confusing", like, just watch the scenes? And if you are still wondering about something, the info is easily available...

Also seriously stop calling languages you don't speak "noise" already, you seriously come across as a total boor.

Maledict

No, I'm sorry, its not that simple.

I'm doing every side quest. I read mission text and watch cut scenes obsessively - I would never skip them. I have no freaking idea what is going on. The game throws huge amounts of names at you, doesn't present motivations or plot in a coherent fashion, and completely fails at explaining any sort of motivation behind "rescue the fairy".

I love the game, but I really wish people would stop assuming that the folks who aren't getting the storyline are just stupid or aren't reading things. I've been playing games for 30+ years, I *love* game lore, but this is honestly the first game where I can say I don't actually have a clue. Every mission seems to involve someone new, and I have no idea how relevant they are our anything. NPCs as minor characters who pop up a couple of times only and then vanish is fine - but I have no idea which ones those are! The cut scenes are utterly impenetrable if you dont have a detailed grasp on things (the one I saw last night, at the end of region 2, with what I presume is an evil lord plus the english evil guy, a ninja with evil eyes and another guy left me even more bewildered than ever).

It doesn't help that a) the game is using historical names, which I don't recognize, and it uses a lot of them very early on. That's a comprehension barrier - it's a huge amount of information to take in at once. It really expects you to have some basic knowledge - if not of the specific figures, then at least the historical context and setting they are operating in,. And b) In the cut scenes a lot of the NPCs don't have distinguishing marks, so I actually can't recognize them at all - the facial models aren't particularly detailed. Quite a few characters are just standard people in historical costumes, and again they just merge into one due to the facial models.

IvorB

It is ironic that the story itself is so impenetrable and confusing - but the setting itself is fanastic. I've never really read up or experienced Japanese folklore, so it makes such a refreshing change from the usual western RPG stuff. Love the world itself, and want to buy little Kodama for my study.

I'm really appreciating the story for this reason. It's not the same old gumph you get in all the RPGs these days. I know the names have been confusing and I don't 100% know what's going on but I know enough I think.

But saying "I can't understand the story at all, this is confusing", like, just watch the scenes? And if you are still wondering about something, the info is easily available...

I've given up watching youtubers play this game. I swear to god if one more person asks "WHY DOES WILLIAM SUDDENLY UNDERSTAND/SPEAK JAPANESE?"...

PAY ATTENTION TO THE CUTSCENES. Ugh.

No, I'm sorry, its not that simple.

I'm doing every side quest. I read mission text and watch cut scenes obsessively - I would never skip them. I have no freaking idea what is going on. The game throws huge amounts of names at you, doesn't present motivations or plot in a coherent fashion, and completely fails at explaining any sort of motivation behind "rescue the fairy".

I love the game, but I really wish people would stop assuming that the folks who aren't getting the storyline are just stupid or aren't reading things. I've been playing games for 30+ years, I *love* game lore, but this is honestly the first game where I can say I don't actually have a clue. Every mission seems to involve someone new, and I have no idea how relevant they are our anything. NPCs as minor characters who pop up a couple of times only and then vanish is fine - but I have no idea which ones those are! The cut scenes are utterly impenetrable if you dont have a detailed grasp on things (the one I saw last night, at the end of region 2, with what I presume is an evil lord plus the english evil guy, a ninja with evil eyes and another guy left me even more bewildered than ever).

It doesn't help that a) the game is using historical names, which I don't recognize, and it uses a lot of them very early on. That's a comprehension barrier - it's a huge amount of information to take in at once. It really expects you to have some basic knowledge - if not of the specific figures, then at least the historical context and setting they are operating in,. And b) In the cut scenes a lot of the NPCs don't have distinguishing marks, so I actually can't recognize them at all - the facial models aren't particularly detailed. Quite a few characters are just standard people in historical costumes, and again they just merge into one due to the facial models.

For the first highlighted point the game actually explains it, but just at the very end when you eventually get her back. Also, there are like tiny hints during the loading screens when you die.
It always shows William as a child with Saoirse.

The second point. You have to realize that this is a very Japanese centric game. Or atleast made with Japanese audience first, and not worldwide appeal. This is talking about the historical setting of the game. So to a Japanese person they are most likely going to know most if not all these people and the historical context of them.

As for the third point, this is actually surprising to hear. They seem very detailed to me, and while I can't put a name for everyone, just by looking at their faces I can tell who they are, and whose side they are on. (I'm actually horrible with names)

I've given up watching youtubers play this game. I swear to god if one more person asks "WHY DOES WILLIAM SUDDENLY UNDERSTAND/SPEAK JAPANESE?"...

PAY ATTENTION TO THE CUTSCENES. Ugh.

Quick question regarding the understanding japanese part. Late in the game
when the nekomata dies, how does he continue to understand japanese? Is it just, the he's picked up the language during his time there? I imagine he's been in Japan for a good chunk of time now to understand it.

Quick question regarding the understanding japanese part. Late in the game
when the nekomata dies, how does he continue to understand japanese? Is it just, the he's picked up the language during his time there? I imagine he's been in Japan for a good chunk of time now to understand it.

I thought that
the nekomata gave him the ability to understand/speak Japanese independent on whether or not the nekomata was with him. I think the line was something like "Aren't you going to thank me for giving you the ability to converse in the tongue of this land?"

Newboi

Question, did the coop rules change again. I had a friend who wanted to coop with me. We wanted to play a mission that he beat, but I didn't. I tried joining him via the Tori gate, and he also tried joining me. Either way, we were unable to select the mission because I haven't beaten it. I thought you could coop on any level you've unlocked as long as one of the two coop partners have beaten it? For whatever reason though, we were only able to play missions that both of us have beaten already.

Anyway, is there an optimal setup for amrita farming? I've been able to stay ahead of each region's level requirements by fighting revenants, but now, I'm not really getting any equipment that significantly better than what I have. I'm around lvl 70 and now in the fourth region.

I thought that
the nekomata gave him the ability to understand/speak Japanese independent on whether or not the nekomata was with him. I think the line was something like "Aren't you going to thank me for giving you the ability to converse in the tongue of this land?"

That makes a lot more sense. I always thought he had to be with him.

Question, did the coop rules change again. I had a friend who wanted to coop with me. We wanted to play a mission that he beat, but I didn't. I tried joining him via the Tori gate, and he also tried joining me. Either way, we were unable to select the mission because I haven't beaten it. I thought you could coop on any level you've unlocked as long as one of the two coop partners have beaten it? For whatever reason though, we were only able to play missions that both of us have beaten already.

It was like that for the Beta, but they changed it for the full game. So both of you have to beat the mission to use Torii Gate. You could always have him join you in a mission you haven't beaten as a visitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom