• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nioh |OT| Stamina is Ki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Second boss
(the succubus-ish demon)
tore me a new one yesterday. Think I may need to stay close to her otherwise she gets even harder to deal with. I have an anti-paralysis charm, that's something. I'm constantly dodging her attacks and constantly running out of ki as a result. She's... agressive

Hystzen

Honestly the first 2 regions are pretty bad compared to rest of game the bosses are bleh. It makes sense as it teaching you game but when those training wheels come off it takes a massive leap up in quality

Kaako

Felium Defensor
This is crazy. My Sozasa Monji +7 is just a few points lower than my Sadamune +8, and the latter has Familiarity Damage Bonus on top of the Change Attack to Heart scaling both share. Once I get it to +8 it'll probably hit 1450 or 1460.

Does anyone know of a good place to farm +4 and +5 equipment?
The last 2 side quests: Nioh the two kings & A meeting on the other shore on NG+

Espada

I think people said the Nioh twins. Tachibana and Honda(?).

Kaako said:
The last 2 side quests: Nioh the two kings & A meeting on the other shore on NG+

I'll definitely try them, then. Feeding a +7 or +8 weapon is getting increasingly difficult with the rare + weapons I've picked up here and there. All this time I've been farming
Sekishusai
since he regularly drops +2-5 weapons (and then there's the mission reward).

Getting one shotted by bosses really sucks, but it also makes me laugh at how ridiculously tough some of these bosses are sometimes. This game makes me learn more about boss patterns than any of the souls games have ever done.

Deku Tree

Any particularly good way to farm elixirs? I'm close to running dry.

Collect all the Kodama's in every area. At the end of every mission, from the map screen, put all your remaining elixirs into your storage box. you have to un-equip them and then put them into your storage box in two steps.

Then you get to keep them and you get eight new free ones when starting your next mission.

I have almost 900 elixirs in my storage box and I never once farmed them.

Mezoly

Collect all the Kodama's in every area. At the end of every mission, from the map screen, put all your remaining elixirs into your storage box. you have to un-equip them and then put them into your storage box in two steps.

Then you get to keep them and you get eight new free ones when starting your next mission.

I have almost 900 elixirs in my storage box and I never once farmed them.

Wait what?
so say I have finished region 1. Could I just go back to it and un-equip my elixirs and put them in the storage box. Then start a mission, I get free 8 elixirs(based on Kodama blessing), exit the mission using a branch or whatever it's called then rinse and repeat?

myco666

Wait what?
so say I have finished region 1. Could I just go back to it and un-equip my elixirs and put them in the storage box. Then start a mission, I get free 8 elixirs(based on Kodama blessing), exit the mission using a branch or whatever it's called then rinse and repeat?

Yes, you can do that. I would like to say that since the new patch you could also just send the elixirs to your storehouse from the item menu when in a level so you don't even have to warp out but not sure at all about that.

If I have two weapons equipped, do I get the bonuses from both (i.e. Close Combat Damage etc), or only the weapon I am actively using? Thanks.

If I have two weapons equipped, do I get the bonuses from both (i.e. Close Combat Damage etc), or only the weapon I am actively using? Thanks.

Just the one you're actively using.

Supposedly though, if you have Agility Damage Bonus on your Ranged Weapon 1 and that's highlighted as the one you're using, that damage bonus will apply to your melee. This info is from another gaffer who did testing (Sanctuary).

Honestly the first 2 regions are pretty bad compared to rest of game the bosses are bleh. It makes sense as it teaching you game but when those training wheels come off it takes a massive leap up in quality

The missions get better and better as you go on. Reminds me of NES games where they enjoyment of progression was getting to cooler levels.

Grassy

This is easily my favourite game since DS1, loved every second.

Ive hit NG+ a while ago and now interest is waning a lot faster than I thought it would.

I think the loot system has become less interesting, but even so I cant really put my finger on why DS1 kept me playing through 7 MG cycles and this is losing steam before I go through NG+ once. Maybe just need a break or something.

Yeah NG+ isn't really enjoyable for me so far into region 3. It's controller-snappingly frustrating on some sub-missions...not a huge fan of being stuck in a locked-off arena with a few heavy hitting enemies, and another few smaller annoying enemies firing projectiles and trying to run you down. It's not that fun anymore...

Edit: Although I am ~150 hours in now, probably time to ease up...

sh4mike

I've farmed Revenants on Demon King Revealed in Way of Strong for awhile, and have a ton of Divine items. I also have a bunch of +1 to +5 weapons and armor. I haven't done much Soul Matching or Reforging, but it's probably time to start.

Can someone tell me if this is the process for weapons?

1) Pick a base weapon, typically based on set preference (e.g. Warrior of West)
2) Reforge undesirable attributes until satisfied
3) Can Soul Match an empty slot (if available) with a full familiarity transfer attribute
4) Once base weapon has desired skills, start the Soul Matching metagame that I think I have understood (e.g. Soul match base 150 with 150+1 to get base to 150+1, then Soul match with another 150+1 to get 150+2, then soul match with another 150+2 to get 150+3, etc.)
5) Continue until base weapon is 150+10
6) After beating Way of Strong Queen's Eyes (lv 320), can Forge a level 160 item. Soul match the 150+10 base with the 160 to get a 160+10.

I presume it's the same flow for armor.

It cracks me up when I finish off a bosses last bit of health with a spam of shuriken or kunai. Especially if they spam you with ranged crap during the fight. How do you like that, jerk?

Hitting a certain boss that likes to fly...even better. :)

Oh, does the bomb making skill effect the ninjutsu bombs, or just the items?

Bought PS4 Pro today for this, I was really tired of playing in 720p. It can still drop resolution in action mode but it's nowhere near as bad as basic PS4. Game kinda looks nice now lol

wow, I thought the elements were just rock paper scissors.

They are... sort of. There is some patterns among enemies with specific resistance and their respective weaknesses.

Like Lightning enemies are always weak to water, and water enemies are always weak to fire etc.

Lightning < water < fire < earth < wind < Lightning

TreIII

Hit the Boss Gauntlet before I had to stop for the evening.

Wouldn't be a true classical action game without a good ol' fashioned boss rush~!

Egg0

Banned
Something trippy just happened. I got to the (first?) boss at The Defiled Castle, got him down to half health, he started regenerating like crazy. At least 500+ health at a time. I assumed it was because of those giant glowy rocks in the area. So I go and destroy both of them, but the boss was still regenerating, even though his health was full. Then he kills me because I eventually ran out of elixir.

I run back to him, the fight starts, he drops a bunch of loot and dies. Then the cut scene plays. Was that suppose to happen? Or was I bugged?

Something trippy just happened. I got to the (first?) boss at The Defiled Castle, got him down to half health, he started regenerating like crazy. At least 500+ health at a time. I assumed it was because of those giant glowy rocks in the area. So I go and destroy both of them, but the boss was still regenerating, even though his health was full. Then he kills me because I eventually ran out of elixir.

I run back to him, the fight starts, he drops a bunch of loot and dies. Then the cut scene plays. Was that suppose to happen? Or was I bugged?

I remember there was suppose to be three purple rocks. He is defeated automatically if you destroy all three of them

Mentok

Banned

There are three glowing crystals. Maybe you somehow destroyed the third one?

Egg0

Banned
There are three glowing crystals. Maybe you somehow destroyed the third one?

I know I destroyed 2 of them. I don't remember a 3rd. It's possible I blew up the 1st one during a combo at the beginning of the fight. But it was so weird that he lived long enough to kill me, but die instantly in the next fight.

What's the best armor for a living weapon build? Based on Suzaku I'm assuming. Just Red Demon? What bonuses am I looking for on the armor besides amrita earned percents?

Edit: Someone just told me to use fanatic set instead of red demon...

What's the best armor for a living weapon build? Based on Suzaku I'm assuming. Just Red Demon? What bonuses am I looking for on the armor besides amrita earned percents?

Edit: Someone just told me to use fanatic set instead of red demon...

Fanatic set have some synergy with Suzaku in Living weapon mode. Red Demon is a bit more general- you'll deal more damage to enemies with a fire debuff stat

Deku Tree

So you can do the dual boss missions on NG+ via yokai realm with companion even if you only beat them on NG and not NG+. Too bad a lot of the players doing it that way are not so good.

I am almost finished 100% with region
five
on NG+ now. Then I'll 100% the last region.

I feel broken builds are a part of Nioh, hope they return in Nioh 2.

Is it possible for them to make the game 50 or 75% faster (like a new hard mode or sumtin) through a patch? NG+ has gotten really slow, though learning new weapons is still a lotta fun

Baalzebup

Alright, thanks. I'm pretty far along with Red Demon already so I'm conflicted lol.

How do you forge divine items? Can you?
Press triangle when hovering over the Forge button to actually craft the item. You even have a tooltip for it when the cursor is in the right place.

Which are the 'strongest' guardian spirits of each element?

Fire - Enko vs Suzaku
Water - ???
Wind - ???
Earth - Tanuki vs Stag
Lightning - Karajishi vs Atlas Bear

I wish Twilight missions weren't like they were. I'm so close to the platinum.

I've been saying this since the 2nd demo. The rotating mission design is so damn terrible. I think they did it to hide the fact that there are only 9 twilight missions total.

Which are the 'strongest' guardian spirits of each element?

Fire - Enko vs Suzaku
Water - ???
Wind - ???
Earth - Tanuki vs Stag
Lightning - Karajishi vs Atlas Bear

I don't know what you mean by "strongest", but Kato (fire) will outdamage any guardian spirit in the game.

What about in terms of guardian spirit summon?

You mean like using a guardian spirit talisman or moment talisman? I haven't tried out most of them, but Paired Raiken and Kato have really easy-to-aim ones that pretty much guarantee an instant elemental status on an enemy.

I hate the summons that are hard to aim. Like Kara-jishi, he comes out a set distance in front of you, so if an enemy is running at you, he ends up appearing BEHIND the enemy and missing completely.

If you mean Living Weapon, I don't know. Basically anything with A or A+ Tenacity is godlike, if you actually wait until you're at less than 30% health to summon.

I've said this before, but using Kato or Paired Raiken (A and A+ tenacity respectively), if I wait for critical health, without ANY OTHER SETUP OR CONSUMABLES, I can maintain living weapon for full missions.

Double Tengu sub mission with no cheese was a little tricky. Who knew? :) Actually, I'd say that fight is harder than any of the bosses, replaying the game up until that point. It was also fun as hell, running in circles, trying to create enough space between them to attack, and then retreat.

Tengu actually have a very simple attack pattern, but they counter attack so fast, that I get caught by being too greedy. They aren't that bad 1v1 with some patience, but I guess you could say that about any enemy.

You mean like using a guardian spirit talisman or moment talisman? I haven't tried out most of them, but Paired Raiken and Kato have really easy-to-aim ones that pretty much guarantee an instant elemental status on an enemy.

I hate the summons that are hard to aim. Like Kara-jishi, he comes out a set distance in front of you, so if an enemy is running at you, he ends up appearing BEHIND the enemy and missing completely.

If you mean Living Weapon, I don't know. Basically anything with A or A+ Tenacity is godlike, if you actually wait until you're at less than 30% health to summon.

I've said this before, but using Kato or Paired Raiken (A and A+ tenacity respectively), if I wait for critical health, without ANY OTHER SETUP OR CONSUMABLES, I can maintain living weapon for full missions.

Hmmm I guess my 'problem' is that I don't know which GS I want to use- so far I've been switching them out as soon as I get something new and fancy. Or to have one that is best suited to fight whichever boss.

I'm aiming for something like an elemental Onmyou build with high magic (40) and with high spirit (25) so I guess I want to use a GS that packs a lot of punch.

My main weapons are dual swords, Katana and Spears in roughly that order if it helps. I'm grateful for any tips to point me in a direction ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom