• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nippon Ichi opens a teaser site for a new(murder/mistery?) game

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/new_title_170106/

No details except the 12 figures that after some splatter become 11 and the shadow of the white silouette having a knife.

EDIT:
apparently there's a victim each day so we have to wait until 16 or 17 of January.

EDIT2:
U76pLk1.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201701/10124388.html

Visual novel called Exile Election for Vita and PS4.

Someone has played Dangan Ronpa.

EDIT3:
the countdown ended, here's a good look at the characters
character_e96e4e.png

Can anyone translate what the site says?

EDIT4:
Takoyaki translated the message on the site:

Exile Election: ”A Death Game about life and death that only two people can survive"

Official Site opening soon, game reveal in this week's Famitsu

Thanks to takoyaki!

So many edits lol.

Bowl0l

Hopefully this is their Switch title (or one of them). The more originals Switch gets, the better.
Don't make it a Switch exclusive. They already port games to Steam. They better don't stop now.
PC will be always be there for them.

AgeEighty

Don't make it a Switch exclusive. They already port games to Steam. They better don't stop now.

I don't need it to be an exclusive, though getting it first on Switch would be a nice feather in Nintendo's cap. We just know N1 is working on Switch games, and the timing lines up somewhat with Nintendo's presentation.

Rymuth

If it's Nippon-Ichi, I can count on it being unstintingly fucked up (even moreso than spike-chunsoft) - I'm reasonably interested.

Sölf;227765139 said:
Whatever this is, if it's murder mystery I am in.
image.php

Oregano

i wouldn't be surprised if nis sticks to vita for another year. they can be remarkably resistant to trends.

That's why it's so notable that Niikawa chose to emphasise that they're working on Switch stuff in the end of year interviews.

I think they'll start with a Disgaea 5 port though, simply because it wasn't possible on Vita.

takoyaki

Those silhouette figures remind me of Kamaitachi no Yoru and Ikenie no Yoru, very interested in finding out what this is.

PC will be always be there for them.

It'll likely be announced for Switch/Vita, Nippon Ichi Software don't do PC ports. When NIS America announces it for western regions you can expect a PC version.

Bowl0l

It'll likely be announced for Switch/Vita, Nippon Ichi Software don't do PC ports. When NIS America announces it for western regions you can expect a PC version.
And I hope the trend continues. But I am bit pessimistic for Steam store in my country..
In my Steam store(Malaysia), Psycho-Pass is not listed and it is published by NIS America.

Not sure if NIS America will choose to skip my country for any future releases..

AniHawk

And I hope the trend continues. But I am bit pessimistic for Steam store in my country..
In my Steam store(Malaysia), Psycho-Pass is not listed and it is published by NIS America.

Not sure if NIS America will choose to skip my country for any future releases..

it might depend on the game. psycho-pass is not developed by nis, and it's originally an anime property, so there are more rights to be considered there.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I don't know past days but today the victims are 2, so maybe the game will be announced in 3 days or maybe even less.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So much for Switch.

Anyway I fully expect this to be the Mind Zero (bad Persona clone) of Danganronpa with more bad anime tropes.

Rymuth

So much for Switch.

Anyway I fully expect this to be the Mind Zero (bad Persona clone) of Danganronpa with more bad anime tropes.
You just made me go from very interested to apprehensive in less than 10 seconds.

I'd scrapped that trash from my memory banks...

AniHawk

Sölf;227995955 said:
Are we talking about a pure Visual novel or a mix of gameplay and reading, like Ace Attorney and Danganronpa?

if we are going off previous nis visual novels, probably very story heavy with the opportunity for decision making here and there.

this is purely a guess though.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sölf;227995955 said:
Are we talking about a pure Visual novel or a mix of gameplay and reading, like Ace Attorney and Danganronpa?

This sounds like a danganronpa clone, there's even the creepy robot plushie, and there's an "election" mechanic so i think(i hope?) that some gameplay is involved.

takoyaki

Not exactly what I expected, really looks more like a Danganronpa/Sweet Fuse game with a questionable artsyle.

More info from Gematsu:

Gematsu said:
Nippon Ichi Software has announced Tsuihou Senkyo, or Exile Election, a new adventure game for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, in the latest issue of Weekly Famitsu.

First teased last week, Famitsu reports that the game is set in a closed amusement park where an “election” in which life and death hangs in the balance will begin. The game features 12 characters and a unique mascot character named Alice. Development is currently 90 percent complete.

Exile Election will launch in Japan on April 27 for 6,980 yen on PlayStation 4 and 5,980 yen on PS Vita.

The game starts when a mysterious mechanical doll named “Alice,” who calls itself the administrator, proposes a type of killing each other known as discussion. The player will challenge a death game swirling with schemes and expectations.

source

FluxWaveZ

Definitely sounds like an also-ran. We need more games like Ace Attorney and Danganronpa, but they should also be novel. We'll see if this is anything good.

I can't post the tweet since it links to a Famitsu scan (I think), but I just wanted to share what a guy had to say on Twitter about this game from the description in the magazine:

Exile Election. NIS' new adventure game. Death game in which all 12 players wake up in the apocalypse with holes in their memories.

Literally couldn't be a more blatant rip off. Death game. Apocalypse. Amnesia.

GG NIS.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
the countdown ended, here's a good look at the characters
character_e96e4e.png

Can anyone translate what the site says?

takoyaki

^ nothing really important

Exile Election: ”A Death Game about life and death"

Official Site opening soon, game reveal in this week's Famitsu

edit: I can do a summary/translation of the Famitsu article later today if Gematsu etc. don't cover it, but it's just a legible version of the two page article from your OP. It introduces the 12 characters and the bunny mascot Alice. Only two small in-game images [bottom right in OP image] are shown and Famitsu says the game will be revealed in detail in their next issue.

I mean, I'd play a Danganronpa ripoff with nothing but NIS IP characters. Like Disgaea and Soul Eater and La Pucelle getting killed by Prinnies and Axel dying every chapter and the villain was actually Akagi.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
^ nothing really important

edit: I can do a summary/translation of the Famitsu article later today if Gematsu etc. don't cover it, but it's just a legible version of the two page article from your OP. It introduces the 12 characters and the bunny mascot Alice. Only two small in-game images [bottom right in OP image] are shown and Famitsu says the game will be revealed in detail in their next issue.

Thanks!
As for the summary yeah gematsu will post it so writing one would be an unnecessary burden for you, i don't want to take advantage of your patience if it's not really necessary :)

takoyaki

Thanks!
As for the summary yeah gematsu will post it so writing one would be an unnecessary burden for you, i don't want to take advantage of your patience if it's not really necessary :)

thanks, usually doing a quick summary wouldn't be a big deal. I'm just pretty busy today and don't won't to rush it and spread any misinformation.

And there's one more sentence on the teaser site that I didn't include before; It seemed strange, could easily have been a typo and I wanted to double check if it's mentioned in the Famitsu article before posting it. But now I'm sure, the whole text reads:

Exile Election: ”A Death Game about life and death that only two people can survive"
sorry if that means another edit to the OP ;)

takoyaki

Like mentioned in the previous issue, this week's Famitsu will have more details on the game:

587db9e04e018qpus0.jpg

left: Nori/Noli(?), a mysterious young woman. She hadn't been mentioned before and her connection to the events is unclear.
right: The main protagonist Kaname Ichijou. He can access a special power that let's him see through lies which is represented by phrases turning red when someone tells a lie.

587db9f4862581sums.jpg

scene description of the first ”Election": Kaname's younger sister becomes exiled and is robbed of her life. Kaname vows to have his revenge on those who cast a ballot for his sister. He will have them exiled by all means necessary.

-source

Top Bottom