• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nissan R34 (can't buy games after) or PS5/XSX/Switch for free (all games free for life)

skit_data

First really wierd thread of the year?

I’ll bite:
I’d easily go for the Skyline.
Why?
I can’t find enough time to play all those games. I can just sell the car and buy the only games I’d buy anyway and spend the rest on charity to trick people into believing I’m not a heartless beast.

Bartski

Gold Member
What does a "good" car look like?

more like this

Used-2020-Lamborghini-Huracan-EVO-Spyder-LP-640-4-EVO-Spyder-1599862375.jpg

I don’t like the idea of only having the same car the rest of my life. Would get boring. Plus: This is one of these cars, I like in games but would find embarrassing to get out in real life. Same with Lamborghinis, Ferraris and so on.

I don’t like the idea of only having the same car the rest of my life. Would get boring. Plus: This is one of these cars, I like in games but would find embarrassing to get out in real life. Same with Lamborghinis, Ferraris and so on.

You can still have whatever you cars you want, it's just that you get this car free with 0 miles on it.

Last edited:

Garibaldi

Can I have the car with a different steering wheel? Fully standard. I assume they are the most sought after examples.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
The games.

I'm already rich.

And ironically I get free games for as long as my good friend works at Valve. I only really use that for demo purposes, but it's still nice.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Im already happy with my car, so i'd take the games. I cant imagine I'd be happy being forced to miss out on GTA 6 and TLOU 3. Fuck that shit

Celcius

°Temp. member
Have you actually driven a performance car?

Forza, Gran Turismo, and whatever else don't come close to replicating that experience.
Yes, I just test drove a few Porsches either last year or the year before. Sorry what I meant by experiences was stuff like going to different galaxies, saving the planet, the characters you meet, etc...

OZ9000

Banned
If I can change the car to a Ferrari 458 Italia, then sure.

I could easily give up gaming. In truth I haven't played a game for 2 months now. It's a waste of time activity which causes no advancement of your life.

Do not get me wrong - I enjoy video games to unwind from my job. However the trend of game devs disrespecting your free time has really put me off playing games at present. Everything is open world. Everything has 100 hours of content. Gaming was much better when there was a focus on memorable experiences vs making games as long as humanely possible.

Last edited:

Akuza89

Different question?

I'd take the consoles though.

The car is nice, but its one of those cars you would never stop tinkering with and I can't be bothered with that personally!

I'm nobody

Omg don't start this crap it's bad enough with twitter insecurities (Dogs)people on twitter
Me or PS5 me or iPhone 14
I can play games for life

If I can change the car to a Ferrari 458 Italia, then sure.

I could easily give up gaming. In truth I haven't played a game for 2 months now. It's a waste of time activity which causes no advancement of your life.

Do not get me wrong - I enjoy video games to unwind from my job. However the trend of game devs disrespecting your free time has really put me off playing games at present. Everything is open world. Everything has 100 hours of content. Gaming was much better when there was a focus on memorable experiences vs making games as long as humanely possible.
That's why it's important to find games that value your time.

When a game uses "100 hours", as a selling point I immediately run away!

Not sure I get the point. Games or cars? Games all day over cars, especially that car as it doesn’t really do anything for me. Also, I’ll still have to pay for petrol, MOT and a service every year, as well as tyres and other shit.

Give me a PS5 with any games I want over a car that’s just going to get keyed the instant I park it and cost me a fortune.

I mean, it just a car at the end of the day. If it were a warping, teleporting machine that I could travel the cosmos in quickly and safely, then you would be on to something. I'm not giving up gaming just so I can continue pumping gas and changing oil.

Imagine trying to shame people for choosing games over cars on neogaf

Think about it, you can STILL play all the games you currently have and, after the gen is over can resume purchasing games again.

Yet, some people choose to give up a legendary car that people will pay up $250K for. Lifetime warranty included.

I'm a gamer, and loves games.

The R34 in this instance IS the logical choice.

Last edited:
Not sure I get the point. Games or cars? Games all day over cars, especially that car as it doesn’t really do anything for me. Also, I’ll still have to pay for petrol, MOT and a service every year, as well as tyres and other shit.

Give me a PS5 with any games I want over a car that’s just going to get keyed the instant I park it and cost me a fortune.

Don't park next to people, problem solved.

Neo_game

There is no poll ? I would like to see the poll results. lol

I will happliy accept the offer of skyline. BTW how did you get this idea ?

Vettel former 4x F1 WDC has been selling his cars and according to this listing his black edition GTR is now available for sale. So can I choose this one please. lol

Aenima

Already own that exact GT-R on GT7, so games for life. Car looks great but i like the (R35) GT-R Nismo much more.

Also taking the car prevents me from buying new games, and taking the games does not preventing me from getting a new car. :p

Last edited:
If I'm able to play my backlog, play on PC, play next gen and beyond, and sell the car, the answer is obvious, sell the car, spend it on actually useful things instead of an overpriced overrated car, and then resume playing console games by next gen

Reactions: TLZ

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
No new games or consoles again ?

I suppose I’d have to pray that league, dota , CSGO never get sequels so I can at least play those the rest of the time. Take the car, sell it, pay off debt, some into savings, kids college funds, and rest into mortgage.

I love playing racing sims, and even given any of my dream cars , I’d still sell it to make the rest of my life better lol.

Top Bottom