• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky PC version delayed for a few days? (New Date: August 12)

We don't know yet but the FX4300 is not a good CPU for modern games unless all you play is indies. It was a bad choice even when it came out to be honest.

It's been garbage for me forever. I can run things like Overwatch and whatever on high, but at like 85 percent cpu usage. Maybe my graphics card does the heavy lifting, I dunno. That cpu was a bad idea.

I checked archive.org and this what was written on July 21st https://web.archive.org/web/20160721191535/http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/, PC and PS4 versions were to be released at the same date.

0e25cb6744cd4efc934ecd73abc3ef3a.png

It looks this change happened only recently.

I'm surprised no one caught that but it's better late than never, shame it's not getting released at the same time.

God fucking damnit.

I requested the 9th off work, and its to late for me to change it to the 12th. Fucking how many times are they going to delay this game?

Logic88

Neo Member
Couldn't this just be the fact that the devs (Who are British right?) decided to launch on pc worldwide the day games usually launch in the UK?

Nzyme32

Need a few days to implement last minute denuvo.

The game will be DRM free, at the very least on GoG which mandates as such. It will likely be DRM free elsewhere as well

Couldn't this just be the fact that the devs (Who are British right?) decided to launch on pc worldwide the day games usually launch in the UK?

Certainly a possibility. Regardless, communication about anything on the PC version is practically nonexistent since the e3 before last

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
No skin off my nose since I'm out of the country the 3rd to 14th anyway.

molnizzle

Still don't know what the fuck any of y'all are in about, Steam still says August 9th for me here in the US. Unless that changes I'm expecting to be playing then.

Grief.exe

Still don't know what the fuck any of y'all are in about, Steam still says August 9th for me here in the US. Unless that changes I'm expecting to be playing then.

That isn't necessarily definitive proof as that has to be changed separately, and I believe release dates have to even be set up through Valve.

Pit

Funny thing is, America isn't the only county in the world. So if it says the 9th, then lucky you. Australia here, says the 11th.

Jedi2016

Honestly, there's a lot more I'd like to know about the PC version than just its release date. Sony's got a serious lockdown on all of HG's marketing for this game.

Honestly, there's a lot more I'd like to know about the PC version than just its release date. Sony's got a serious lockdown on all of HG's marketing for this game.

Same, I want details on graphical options like draw distance. Regardless, the sudden change in release date is absolute bullshit. They really need to just lock down a date and stick to it especially when this brief delay buys them enough time to get practically nothing done in the world of game design.

golem

I'm sort of worried by the port, especially since they've only shown the PS4 version so far. If they need a few more days to tighten things up thats fine with me. Their communication on all of these matters has been horrendous however

molnizzle

Funny thing is, America isn't the only county in the world. So if it says the 9th, then lucky you. Australia here, says the 11th.

Right, but it sounds like the game was never launching on the 9th in Australia. Worldwide launch was always 1-3 days behind that. Right?

Curufinwe

Same, I want details on graphical options like draw distance. Regardless, the sudden change in release date is absolute bullshit. They really need to just lock down a date and stick to it especially when this brief delay buys them enough time to get practically nothing done in the world of game design.

So hard to distinguish parody from real, but misplaced anger these days.

So hard to distinguish parody from real, but misplaced anger these days.

I'm not personally bothered myself actually as it won't affect me, I'm free on the 9th and 12th, but when you look at this thread and see people have taken days off for it you can't help but want more clarity. I do think it's bullshit they change dates so late when people may actually take a day off such as people often do for a film they're extremely excited for and I don't think it's misplaced anger, or even anger to be against it. I don't doubt they have their reasons, but this stuff should be sorted out well in advance so it doesn't come back on the customer, especially those dedicated enough to take time off.

I should probably mention that I'm not directly pointing the finger at HG either, but whoever is responsible for the relatively last minute change.

Nzyme32

That isn't necessarily definitive proof as that has to be changed separately, and I believe release dates have to even be set up through Valve.

Valve doesn't set the release dates, the devs or pubs have complete control outside of weekend releases. NMS was also late to update the original delay

SZips

I would absolutely love to hear a valid reason why the PC version is now (supposedly) coming out three days later.

I wonder if it'll be something along the lines of, "it needs just a bit more polish." Assuming they say anything at all to begin with.

Pit

Right, but it sounds like the game was never launching on the 9th in Australia. Worldwide launch was always 1-3 days behind that. Right?

Yes. As I understood it, Europe gets it one day later than US, and Aus is in that. It was always going to be a day later, and add on the PC delay or whatever you want to call it, you get the 11th, two days after the PS4 US launch.

I would absolutely love to hear a valid reason why the PC version is now (supposedly) coming out three days later.

I wonder if it'll be something along the lines of, "it needs just a bit more polish." Assuming they say anything at all to begin with.

Sometimes bugs are discovered.

Omadahl

Banned
I canceled my pre-order after the initial delay because I'm back to work when it actually comes out now. Maybe it'll be 15-20% off by Christmas. I feel bad for the people that took time off of work to play this on release day because I've done the same thing for other games in the past.

I maintain, especially in light of seeing the before and after text, that someone just fucked up when adding the worldwide date (12th) to the list and created a sentence which now implies both a delay on PC, and the game not coming to PS4 worldwide at all.

DrBo42

I quite dislike the idea of someone having a multiple day head start on me when we all have the same goal of reaching the center. If it turns out there is something special about that mystery, it's going to be everywhere.

Karak

Agreed. Honestly I had a good open communication with HG for a great amount of time and then it fucking flatlined in the past couple weeks. It just upped and froze as we got closer.

desu

I really really wish they would talk a bit more about the PC version this close to the release. If they continue to not saying anything I hope there will be decent PC reviews before the release.

I quite dislike the idea of someone having a multiple day head start on me when we all have the same goal of reaching the center. If it turns out there is something special about that mystery, it's going to be everywhere.

Unless you're planning on playing nonstop, it'll be everywhere before you get there regardless of release dates, because someone, somewhere, *is* going to be that guy playing nonstop.

My FX4300 isn't gonna handle this at all, is it?

Damn, PS4 for me then.

It's best to wait and see how the game performs on PC, I'm sure it will be fine.

We don't know yet but the FX4300 is not a good CPU for modern games unless all you play is indies. It was a bad choice even when it came out to be honest.

That's an extreme exaggeration, the FX4300 is fine, it'll run every game out there with ease, you just shouldn't expect it to outpace console frame-rates significantly in CPU bound games.

One of my rigs with a Phenom II X4 965 at 4GHz from over 5 years ago could run GTA 5 above console quality settings while averaging around 40+ fps.

Top Bottom