• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky PC version delayed for a few days? (New Date: August 12)

Coolade

This game. I really hope it lives up to all this hype. Something says to me i wont at all

How would you describe the hype? The 4 trailers pretty much summarize what the game is going to be. A resource collecting, hiking simulator with space combat and just pretty much adventuring and survival elements. I think it will be good and fun. The silence on the PC options is disappointing though. That will rule out a day one purchase while I wait for youtubers to breakdown the settings in the options menu.

Cinically, I would say that the delay is to prevent dataminers on PC to reach the ending content and blast it everywhere. But that only works if they made 3 days worth of non procedural content.
Dissapointing. A black mark on a new indie studio, already.

Kadayi

Banned
Good. It's a way to get in on that stupid pre-order deal while still having enough time to back out if reviews and impressions are poor.

That's a viable plan. Like many I'm intrigued by this, but at the same time given the scale I do wonder whether it's going to turn out to be the world greatest screenshot generator. User reviews are what I'm interested in.

c0Zm1c

Cinically, I would say that the delay is to prevent dataminers on PC to reach the ending content and blast it everywhere. But that only works if they made 3 days worth of non procedural content.

It would have been delayed a lot longer if that was the reason I think.

Nzyme32

Is there any information on the PC version since a years back? All I've seen is the min spec put on Steam and the date change from the last delay.

There is no reason for me to even consider the PC version without actually having info on it and getting to see it in action.

Is there any information on the PC version since a years back? All I've seen is the min spec put on Steam and the date change from the last delay.

There is no reason for me to even consider the PC version without actually having info on it and getting to see it in action.

Wait for the release?

Clearly this means game has nothing to do in it.
/s

This really doesnt matter to me, gives us PS4 players time to enjoy our version before PC mustard race flanuts their 4k/300fps.
And here I was hoping we could at least make it to the 5th post before it devolved. Guess not.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but do we know if there's any flightstick support?

Eh, probably as good a place as any to ask. And we don't know, though I wouldn't get your hopes up for official support right at release. Details on the PC version of NMS are troublingly thin.

Mifec

Eh, probably as good a place as any to ask. And we don't know, though I wouldn't get your hopes up for official support right at release. Details on the PC version of NMS are troublingly thin.

Pretty sad to be honest. I hope they release some info at least a week before release.

Super confusing as to why no one from HG have cleared this up yet. The whole lack of information for the PC version is frustrating and I'm not even getting it on PC.

ys45

Super confusing as to why no one from HG have cleared this up yet. The whole lack of information for the PC version is frustrating and I'm not even getting it on PC.

It's ridiculous, I know they are pushing the game for PS4 but damn it at least give us a reason why we are getting it later and also confirming the release date for PC would be nice .

OneUh8

Just checked and still shows 9th on US Steam for me. Who knows. It is really stupid this has not been cleared up though.

Flandy

Interesting that Sean hasn't tweeted at all since this first broke.
Seriously why don't they say anything? The date changed on their own website and they haven't commented on it for 3 days?

Nzyme32

Wait for the release?

Of course - but that doesn't give me any confidence in the product. I know nothing about the PC version, and waiting is fine, but not even confirming a delay for those that pre-order is kind of ridiculous. I have no intention of getting it till I have details and impressions as usual.

I bought it on GOG, still no release date info. I'm already raging.

You can refund on GOG prior to release can't you? Never tried pre-ordering on GOG

Lemondish

This game. I really hope it lives up to all this hype. Something says to me i wont at all

What hype?

Interesting that Sean hasn't tweeted at all since this first broke.
Seriously why don't they say anything? The date changed on their own website and they haven't commented on it for 3 days?

And wouldn't you look, 3 days have passed and we all survived.

So obviously won't be a problem when it releases 3 days after the PS4 version.

BigDug13

I plan on eventually double dipping on this one and had originally planned to go PC first and eventually PS4 if/when any legit multiplayer modes came out later. But if this sees a PC delay, guess I'm going PS4 until some great mods come out on PC.

Badoink

Banned
I feel like a lot of people want this game to be something much more than an indie survival sim, made by small studio. Maybe it's the price, maybe it's the trailers. I think there's no way it's going to live up to the hype, especially that there are no early review codes and embargo is a day before release.

adversarial

I don't understand, can't someone just send Mr. Murray a tweet for clarification? I see people still wondering if it's the 9th or 12th.

I feel like having it spoiled will be inevitable. Once someone gets there it will spread like crazy

Landford

Banned
So, I live in Brazil and the date was always 12 for me. Acessing the steam store via browser also says day 12. But using a VPN and acessing steam and the store page via browser changes the date to 9. So this makes me think its getting a staggered release on the regions.

kami_sama

So, I live in Brazil and the date was always 12 for me. Acessing the steam store via browser also says day 12. But using a VPN and acessing steam and the store page via browser changes the date to 9. So this makes me think its getting a staggered release on the regions.

It has always been the 9th for the the USA and Canada, 10th for Europe and Australia and the 12th for everyone else.

I still haven't preorderdered the game (^▽^;)

Top Bottom