• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2 Pre-Release Info and Hype Thread

Akai

octopusman said:
5watfp.png

is that Kanji? what does it stand for?

Looks like "megumu" (to sprout/bud) or "kizashi" (omen)...

G.O.O.

octopusman said:
Did they show the mysterious 4th sword in the combat trailer?

EDIT: HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU CAN PLAY AS A TIGER 0:15,0:20
EDIT2: WATCHED THE SECTION ABOUT 7 TIMES NOW, THAT'S AN ENEMY THE TIGER IS ATTACKING, YOU PLAY AS THE FUCKING TIGER
Could it be?......Travis' cat?
BLUBLUBLUBLU ?

*checks*

You are right, FUCK FFFFFFFUUUUUUCK

Hiltz

"Oh, I'm in the zone, baby!"

" I'll take it all and f*****g kill you with it!"

I can't wait to get my hands on Desperate Struggle.

It's got the potential to be a crazier, cooler, and better game than the original.

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really hyped for NMH2. I loved the first one. ^.^

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Akai said:
Looks like "megumu" (to sprout/bud) or "kizashi" (omen)...
Which is the symbol used for MOE~ (Awesome that my kanji dictionary has that definition in there...)

G.O.O.

Question : did Suda said that the town would be improved ? Because I just re-read the OP, and it gave me the feeling that there would be less free roaming than in the first (more bosses, different characters that we can't play anytime... doesn't sound sandboxy)

stuminus3

Rush2thestart said:
I seriously doubt that anyone believed it would be a GTA open world going into the game.

G.O.O. said:
Question : did Suda said that the town would be improved ? Because I just re-read the OP, and it gave me the feeling that there would be less free roaming than in the first (more bosses, different characters that we can't play anytime... doesn't sound sandboxy)
:lol

(No offense G.O.O.)

Dascu

G.O.O. said:
He said it would be vastly improved, but I'm not sure if this means if it'll be more sandboxy or not.

Also, new vid:
http://kotaku.com/5422202/heres-a-little-heavy-breathing-in-no-more-heroes-2

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
2mha5u8.png

Schpeltiger Mk-II looks classy.

In the cutscene itself, you can see that anime-ish shine/sparkle come from the sky. Looks like Travis is driving away from something.

Dascu

Yes, let's get some discussions going.

Several new assassins:
- Emo/Goth girl with a "Life is Agony" tattoo. Haunted house location. Likes to kiss Travis.
- Million Gunman is shown in the combat trailer, being sliced up by Shinobu. He sort of looks like Colonel Sanders.
- Clear view of the Pizza Butt CEO (now named Pizza Bat) in the Postcards teaser.
- There seems to be a guy dressed like a samurai with golden armour in the combat video. Also looks like the haunted house location. Maybe he's just a stronger enemy.
- Samurai guy in the Heavy Breathing teaser.
- Sylvia mentions a "battle royale" with 12 assassins. Giddy-up!

Other notes:
- Bike looks way different.
- Seems you can turn into a tiger? New Darkside mode perhaps.
- Combat, animation and enemy variety has improved so fucking much.

G.O.O.

There's something about Sylvia's "personalities". Reminds me this moment of NMH1 when she calls from a battlefield.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
The beginning of the Workout trailer takes place in Death Metal's Mansion/Townsend Place.

G.O.O. said:
There's something about Sylvia's "personalities". Reminds me this moment of NMH1 when she calls from a battlefield.
Guess Suda was serious about exploring character personalities in this game.

I think "tsundere" was the term used to describe Sylvia.

G.O.O.

Surgeon Rocket said:
Guess Suda was serious about exploring character personalities in this game.

I think "tsundere" was the term used to describe Sylvia.
It works for the first game (cold and distant, then warm and loving - and, oh ! wiki says that this type of personality inspires the moe :D ), I don't think it will for the second.

Travis is supposed to be more mature, maybe Sylvia will have trouble with her identity ?
She's a con artist who fell into her own trap after all

Milabrega

The new bike and the Samurai from the heavy breathing video look similar in style to Red Steel 2. Wish whoever the person at Ubisoft is that did the PoP and AC trailers would make one for NMH2. January 26th can't come soon enough.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
After watching through some of these teasers for small details, I think I'm going to have to on my first ever full-on blackout. Tried it for the first game, but couldn't hold it for too long.

Anyway,
-
Jeane's head is scribbled out in the portrait on Travis' dresser.
-
Helter-Skelter's lookalike/doppelganger is impaled through the trachea (lol).
-Workout video takes place in Townsend Place i.e Death Metal's Mansion.
-I think this game takes place during the Winter. Or at the very least, events are more diverse.
-
One boss looks like the Pillsbrry Doughboy. I think the assassin is a hobo, judging by what the Battle Stage looks like. I laughed heartily.
-This is old, but three new elements of combat I noticed a while back are that 1, some finishing moves of a combo can knock enemies away; Knockback effect I guess. 2, Wrestling moves have shockwave knockback, and 3, knocking enemies into the walls does something. Like stuns them or something. They fall down after that too.
-Cat Jeane is a fatass.
-This game looks way more anime-y to me than any of Grasshopper's other projects. Blood+ included.

EmCeeGramr said:
Nintendo Power has an article teaser: http://nintendopower.com/images/NP250_NMH2.jpg

It's not Helter Skelter, it's his brother Skelter Helter.

Not bad. I've been reading but haven't seen it posted anywhere but has there been talk about NMH2 customization? I'm sure shirts are still there to be collected but do we have more jackets, jeans, & sneakers as well for Travis
& co.
? I know this is purely cosmetic but I found that feature of the first a bit of an enjoyable OCD matter for myself.

EmCeeGramr said:
Nintendo Power has an article teaser: http://nintendopower.com/images/NP250_NMH2.jpg

It's not Helter Skelter, it's his brother Skelter Helter.

:O

Urban Scholar said:
Not bad. I've been reading but haven't seen it posted anywhere but has there been talk about NMH2 customization? I'm sure shirts are still there to be collected but do we have more jackets, jeans, & sneakers as well for Travis
& co.
? I know this is purely cosmetic but I found that feature of the first a bit of an enjoyable OCD matter for myself.

We know there are different swords for Travis, at the least.

G.O.O.

I like how they say this guy is a "tough opponent by the measure of most games". I thought that the difficulty may have not been defined yet when I had to fight against Nathan, but no. We really may have a hard game here.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I fucking love Grasshopper's use of Engrish. There's something so cool about it here, where it would be hillarious elswhere.

remz

Nintendo power are talking about the slow mo dodge like it's a new thing, wasn't that in NMH1 as well?

I am going on media blackout for this game...

That said, this time I will remember to dodge! I made the first game way harder on myself by never dodging :lol :lol

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
remz said:
Nintendo power are talking about the slow mo dodge like it's a new thing, wasn't that in NMH1 as well?

Yes it was. Apparently, Nintendo Power's writers never realized it... like timetokill, apparently :lol

G.O.O.

A few tricks weren't told on the first, like this, the MKIII combos or the "swing twice in the same direction to perform a far more powerful slash"

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So now we know in NMH2 you'll be, in some form, 'controlling';

Travis,
Henry, Shinobu, a Tiger, and a Mech.

Ugh. I need to stop watching anything for this. I promised myself I'd go on a blackout after the last wave of videos. I'm anticipating this more than any game unreleased, and I haven't felt this level of excitement for a new game in a looong time.

EatChildren

G.O.O. said:
But you already
control a mech
in NMH1.

:D

But you know its going to be even more awesome this time around!

Top Bottom