• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2 Pre-Release Info and Hype Thread

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Tenbatsu said:
Any spoilers? Trying not to watch.

Spoilers in the article at least, in terms of what to expect from a bossfight or two and some minigames.

Interesting that we now 'warp' around the overworld though. Is bike riding still an option? If not, why include the bike at all? Then again, "why include X" is a pretty dumb question regarding NMH.

Either way, media blackout time. The more I know the more my balls ache, but I dont want a weak ejaculation.

Dascu

EatChildren said:
Spoilers in the article at least, in terms of what to expect from a bossfight or two and some minigames.

Interesting that we now 'warp' around the overworld though. Is bike riding still an option? If not, why include the bike at all? Then again, "why include X" is a pretty dumb question regarding NMH.

Either way, media blackout time. The more I know the more my balls ache, but I dont want a weak ejaculation.
I think there's going to be more "bike stages", like the last ones in NMH1. Hopefully with improved handling and maybe even combat.

---

Notes and observations regarding the new info:
- New assassin: Charlie MacDonald and his cheerleaders. The mech battle (Glastonbury versus DestroyParade) looks fucking awesome.
- I'm very pleased with the change to a 2D overworld. It allows them to focus on what was so fun in the original: the combat.
- Clothing shop allows for more customization, including sunglasses. Fun triva: the store's name is AIRPORT51, which is also the name of Suda51's column in Famitsu.
- Jeane minigames look fun. I wonder if they'll have any impact on the actual gameplay, like Travis' Tiger mode.
- Shinobu gameplay looks great. Fast and agile, jumping attacks, ranged attacks and "rub the sword" recharge. The room in which she fights looks much bigger than any room in the original.
- 2D jobs are so awesome.

954479_20091214_790screen008.jpg

954479_20091214_790screen009.jpg

954479_20091214_790screen010.jpg

954479_20091214_790screen011.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
We need someone to ask confirmations about the PAL version (release date, censorship), damn it!
'Cause I want to preorder this game so much, and I'm torn between PAL (same region as my Wii, hopefully better boxart) or US (probably comes out earlier, no censorship).
Oh well, whatever. I'll probably import it anyway.

Luigiv

Jocchan said:
We need someone to ask confirmations about the PAL version (release date, censorship), damn it!
'Cause I want to preorder this game so much, and I'm torn between PAL (same region as my Wii, hopefully better boxart) or US (probably comes out earlier, no censorship).
Pal version Will come in 2 flavours this time (Both Censored and Uncensored) but the release date is still unconfirmed.

Dascu

Jocchan said:

TheHut has a pre-order up for January 22nd, but Rising Star Games hasn't made any mention of the game yet. A recent article about their Q1 2010 line-up seems to imply that it's not arriving in Europe any time soon.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36715/Rising-Star-looks-to-best-ever-year

I think importing might be your best bet.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Please don't take my lack of posting as any drop of enthusiasm... it's just, for the first time in my gaming life, I'm too excited to want to ruin anything for myself! I think I'm entering what I've heard others call.... "media blackout."

Err, I just, ya know, didn't want anyone to miss me too much in the meantime...

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Luigiv said:
Pal version Will come in 2 flavours this time (Both Censored and Uncensored) but the release date is still unconfirmed.
Dascu said:
TheHut has a pre-order up for January 22nd, but Rising Star Games hasn't made any mention of the game yet. A recent article about their Q1 2010 line-up seems to imply that it's not arriving in Europe any time soon.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/36715/Rising-Star-looks-to-best-ever-year

I think importing might be your best bet.
I just sent a mail to Rising Star Games themselves. I don't know if they'll be able to answer my questions, but I tried anyway.
Fingers crossed now :)

John Harker said:
*cries*

Dascu

John Harker said:
Please don't take my lack of posting as any drop of enthusiasm... it's just, for the first time in my gaming life, I'm too excited to want to ruin anything for myself! I think I'm entering what I've heard others call.... "media blackout."

MIA: John Harker

You're still doing the official release thread, right?

Dascu said:
Nerd glasses!

Also, DestroyMan belt.

I know cosmetics didn't add much to the gameplay but I for one always appreciate the option to make it my own experience. If we can make Travis look like your typical hipster I'd dare say this is game of the year for me in 2010.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
As expected:
Hi,

Thanks for your enquiry.

I don't have any information at this time, sorry.

Thanks and regards,

(cut)
Oh well, whatever. I'll import it.
One sale less for Rising Star and one more for Ubi, I guess.

Oxx

Jocchan said:
As expected:

*Rising Star email*

Oh well, whatever. I'll import it.
One sale less for Rising Star and one more for Ubi, I guess.

For a moment there I thought they had called you a naughty word at the end of that email.

Rainstadt

Neo Member
I absolutely loved the first game, probably more because it was so completely unpolished. Suda's intent or design flaw, the game felt so raw. It is not an atmosphere that I've felt from any other game.

My roommate never played up the original, but always watched me while he ran dungeons in WoW on his laptop. When news came out for the sequel I told my roommate about it and remarked: "Could kick ass."

His response: "Could totally suck."

:lol

G.O.O.

This lack of hub town thing makes me realize that we are now pretty far from what we could expect, knowing the first. Do you think there'll be side assassination jobs, or maybe races (to use the schpeltiger) taking place in Santa Destroy ?

G.O.O. said:
This lack of hub town thing makes me realize that we are now pretty far from what we could expect, knowing the first. Do you think there'll be side assassination jobs, or maybe races (to use the schpeltiger) taking place in Santa Destroy ?

There will probably be the same type of missions in the game.
I mean, the missions in Santa Destroy are easily replaced by zones you warp to.

G.O.O.

Not sure about it.

Jobs, training => 8 bit
Naomi, shopping => menu, probably
Assassination jobs, T-shirt quests => ?

In fact I'm wondering if there'll be a town, outside of its map.

Nicktals

Banned
G.O.O. said:
Not sure about it.

Jobs, training => 8 bit
Naomi, shopping => menu, probably
Assassination jobs, T-shirt quests => ?

In fact I'm wondering if there'll be a town, outside of its map.

Wait, you don't think there will be side missions?

If you look on the map on the last page, there's the same 8-bit "M" icon to indicate side missions. There also appears to be a square border, showing how much space the mission will take up.

Or am I completely misremembering/understanding?

Dascu

Agalloch said:
Ma in Belgio parlate italiano? Credevo al massimo una spruzzatina di francese!
Comunque NMH2 mio al lancio!!
Parlo un poco d'italiano. Credo che Jocchan e italiano.

That's about it.

Nicktals said:
Wait, you don't think there will be side missions?

If you look on the map on the last page, there's the same 8-bit "M" icon to indicate side missions. There also appears to be a square border, showing how much space the mission will take up.

Or am I completely misremembering/understanding?

Yeah, you can just warp to mission zones it seems.

John Harker

Dascu said:
MIA: John Harker

You're still doing the official release thread, right?

Nice one ;)

Yea, I intend to... totally open to new banner/art creation too!
I know JDSN did an awesome one for it last time, too. So open for donations across the board!

G.O.O.

So, the blowout should be today, right ? Anything new, or is it America's today ?

Would love to help for the official thread, but no photoshop skills + bad English skills = good luck guys

Dascu

G.O.O. said:
So, the blowout should be today, right ? Anything new, or is it America's today ?

Would love to help for the official thread, but no photoshop skills + bad English skills = good luck guys
America's today. So, depends on when they update their sites. GameSpot's preview was a bit early. Don't know whether they broke their embargo or cut a deal with UbiSoft.

Anyway, the
Skelter Helter
boss battle (same bits from the GameSpot video interview, but pasted together and with proper sound effects): http://www.viddler.com/explore/Destructoid/videos/1535/

Nicktals

Banned
I love the jazz music in that Shinobu video.

Also love the mech boss battle...I'm so freaking hyped for this game.

I hope more footage comes out today.

JDSN

Banned
G.O.O. said:
ABCZ.

He still knows on which console he's working :D

Edit: Oh crap, lets see if I come up with something for the banner. I dont promise anything tho, I almost harakiri'd myself for failing to Dascu.

John Harker

If people are making gifs, I'd love to sport a new Travis avatar!

I had one for 2 years before I swapped for Jack, but I want Travis back

Dascu

JDSN said:

Edit: Oh crap, lets see if I come up with something for the banner. I dont promise anything tho, I almost harakiri'd myself for failing to Dascu.
Well, the MadWorld thread turned out alright, didn't it? First time using PhotoShop too!

G.O.O.

With the sexual content being more explicit than in the first, the thread should have "second coming" somewhere in its title.

Dascu

Kotaku preview: http://kotaku.com/5427451/no-more-heroes-2-desperate-struggle-preview-fear-and-loathing-at-ubisoft

It's not very informative though. But... Something strange here:
Also, here's some news you can use:
—There are about 10 hours of gameplay total (side missions and all).
—No save data from the first game carries over or has any impact on the game.
—It doesn't use Wii MotionPlus.
—The motorcycle returns in some side missions.
—Suda 51 had nothing to say either about the ports of the first game to the PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360, or about his ongoing project with EA.
Huh, really? The original took me around 15 hours first time and this game is much bigger.

gogojira

Can't friggin' wait. This is one of the very few games I'd allow myself to be a complete sucker about and pick up a collector's edition. At least with Suda behind it, you know you'd get some crazy shit.

Not that a collector's edition is going to happen, just sayin'.

John Harker said:
If people are making gifs, I'd love to sport a new Travis avatar!

I had one for 2 years before I swapped for Jack, but I want Travis back
I'll make you one of Travis at the 18min mark.

OMG Kitty~! My favorite thing next to the anime video game you can play in Travis's apartment is Travis's cat, Jean. At the end of the first game, she appears to have let herself go and is now a big ball of cat blubber. A mini-game lets you train her with "cat exercises" and arrange her diet so that she loses weight over time. The cat exercises were pretty hilarious — one of them involves Travis hoisting her up over his head, which probably benefits his weight loss more than hers. So adorable! And probably the reason I drew giant smiling cats all over my notes.

Haha. I always loved the Jean parts in the original.

Also, a few notes from 1Up's hands on:

The one part of the city that still exists in its former state is Travis' apartment, the place where you hang out, take a "pit stop" to save your game, change clothes, and so on. Our hero's newest anime obsession, Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly, takes form as several video episodes viewable from his TV and a shoot-em-up playable on his game console.

Sweet! I wonder how long the Bizzare Jelly episode(s) is/are.

Again, every job minigame is done in the retro style, except for one, which Ubisoft declined to explain other than saying it's Suda's favorite one in the game.

So, there's one none 2D job in the game. And it's Suda's favorite.
Hmmmm.

Edit 2:
http://www.viddler.com/player/39fadb83

Loving that song!

Top Bottom