• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No More Heroes 2 Pre-Release Info and Hype Thread

Dascu

So we've got some returning villains.
- Destroyman 2: Both cyborg halves of the original.
- Skelter Helter: The brother of Helter Skelter out for revenge.
- Shinobu & Henry: Back to help Travis.
I wonder if Letz Shake is going to show up again.

Urban Scholar said:
Have we heard the main theme of NMH2 yet or have I been missing it entirely?
Not that I know.

MNC

What the fuck @ fake ending. Now I gotta collect all the beam katana's AFTER I'VE SAVED!?!?!?!?! My last proper in game save was with bad girl! Please tell me I can use New Game + to get the ending :(

G.O.O.

MNC said:
What the fuck @ fake ending. Now I gotta collect all the beam katana's AFTER I'VE SAVED!?!?!?!?! My last proper in game save was with bad girl! Please tell me I can use New Game + to get the ending :(
You must choose "return to Santa Destroy" after ending the game. If you started a new one and saved over the former, well...

MNC

G.O.O. said:
You must choose "return to Santa Destroy" after ending the game. If you started a new one and saved over the former, well...
I saved at the credits part... I have 4 saves, 1 is from the beginning, 2, 3 are some neat boss fights I'd like to replay and 4 is now the credts :I

FUCK. I haven't saved in the new game yet though, so let's pray together. Else I'm starting at bad girl again :(

Dascu

Remember guys: There should be a media blowout on the 16th.

MNC said:
I saved at the credits part... I have 4 saves, 1 is from the beginning, 2, 3 are some neat boss fights I'd like to replay and 4 is now the credts :I

FUCK. I haven't saved in the new game yet though, so let's pray together. Else I'm starting at bad girl again :(
Load the credits' save. I think that one should give you the option of returning to Santa Destroy.

Vinnk

MNC said:

Either way, it's worth it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I want to know if the high/low stances are still in, because none of the videos shown so far give a clear indication, and there's nothing on the HUD to indicate so.

I'm getting a strange feeling they scrapped it in favour of the Single/Dual beam katanas.

Dascu

EatChildren said:
I want to know if the high/low stances are still in, because none of the videos shown so far give a clear indication, and there's nothing on the HUD to indicate so.

I'm getting a strange feeling they scrapped it in favour of the Single/Dual beam katanas.
Preeeetty sure the E3 demo had High/Low stances.

G.O.O.

EatChildren said:

I played it, and they are still there. Though, I had the feeling that you had to hold the wiimote lower for the low stance. May be wrong on this.

Also had the feeling that high and low stance changes the way you execute your enemies. High = decapitation, low = torso slash.

Ridley327

EatChildren said:

They're mentioned in the Nintendo Power teaser, so yes, they're still in.

EatChildren said:

high and low stance is still in, just checked a few vids Travis has those subtle stance positions like part 1

Hmmm, not sure if I want. Didn't like NMH because of the shitty bike, monotomous combat and playing it censored just derived it of all the fun :p

I like the 8-bit jobs though, plus the fact that there will be an uncensored version in PAL-land.
The bike is still in right?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cool, thanks guys.

I've been on media blackout for this game ever since the first reveal trailer. I'm really excited to see all of the new craziness Suda will throw at us!

Dascu

GasProblem said:
Hmmm, not sure if I want. Didn't like NMH because of the shitty bike, monotomous combat and playing it censored just derived it of all the fun :p

I like the 8-bit jobs though, plus the fact that there will be an uncensored version in PAL-land.
The bike is still in right?
Bike is still in, but it looks different (and probably handles differently as well). The overworld in general is supposed to get a big overhaul. With the new beam katanas, more physical attacks, 2 other playable characters with their own unique movesets, tiger-mode, (somewhat) destructible environments and more varied and smarter enemies, I'd say the combat isn't going to be as "monotomous" this time either.

Hiltz

As much as I love NMH, I was pretty disappointed by the soundtrack especially after the brilliance of Killer7's OST.

There's some great tracks in NMH, but I think the overuse of the main theme and its various remixed versions as well as the rather dull mini game music and the overuse of "Heavenly Star" just felt tiresome, lazy and uninspiring.

I hope Grasshopper Manufacture manages to surprise me with the game's music in the sequel.

G.O.O.

Hiltz said:
As much as I love NMH, I was pretty disappointed by the soundtrack especially after the brilliance of Killer7's OST.

There's some great tracks in NMH, but I think the overuse of the main theme and its various remixed versions as well as the rather dull mini game music and the overuse of "Heavenly Star" just felt tiresome, lazy and uninspiring.

I hope Grasshopper Manufacture manages to surprise me with the game's music in the sequel.
You have a point here.

On the other hand, I think the great tracks from NMH do a better job at stressing the game's best moments (bosses, mostly).

Dascu

It certainly looks like Tiger mode is a Darkside mode. You can see a grindhouse-ish filter on those segments, and also in another segment where Travis is slashing up an enemy extremely fast.

MNC

Sadist said:
I loved the NMH soundtrack overall. Especially the boss tracks are amazing:

Steel Python
SPOILER! We are finally Cowboys
Heat in Heart
Pleather for Breakfast
Stop Hanging DJs
Rocket Surgeon
CHIPSTER DASH
LET'S FIGHT A BOSS
Vioelectrolysis

Are the top favorites :D The rest is good as well, ofcourse.

Oh and I just found a remix of chipster dash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVDL...546CF94E&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14
..Oh nevermind it doesn't sound so good now. Overdone on the guitars.

I probably forgot some good songs :lol These are just the ones I'm listening to now

G.O.O.

Since the topic came, I think I never read anyone on GAF praising Mach 13 elephant explosion. What I don't understand, because it's a concentrated load of badassery that fits perfectly
Travis blasting doors and running against a huge fucking laser

MNC

G.O.O. said:
Since the topic came, I think I never read anyone on GAF praising Mach 13 elephant explosion. What I don't understand, because it's a concentrated load of badassery that fits perfectly
Travis blasting doors and running against a huge fucking laser
I thought this was the song that played during the 'loading with the robotic voice saying the boss name' bits?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Dascu, would you please put a release date for NA in your OP? Thanks

Dascu

Vilix said:
Dascu, would you please put a release date for NA in your OP? Thanks
Done.

As for Europe, supposedly Q1. However, a recent Rising Star article talked about the games they were localizing in Q1 and NMH2 wasn't part of it, so I fear it may have slipped to a later date.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
G.O.O. said:
That's Time to scream. A good text message ringtone, by the way.
Oh crap, I had it set as my message ringtone!

Haha since then though, I've switched between Crash and Splash

MNC

Dascu said:
Done.

As for Europe, supposedly Q1. However, a recent Rising Star article talked about the games they were localizing in Q1 and NMH2 wasn't part of it, so I fear it may have slipped to a later date.
Fuck, I completely forgot EU has shitty release dates... Why am I hyped :( Makes the wait so much worse

Dascu

BIG NEWS:

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/nomoreheroesdesperatestruggle/news.html?sid=6243410&mode=previews

2D OVERWORLD MAP
GIANT MECH BATTLES

954479_20091214_790screen007.jpg

Top Bottom