• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nor'easter expected to hit DC, NYC, Boston Monday night to Tuesday night

Status
Not open for further replies.

WGMBY

According to the Target website, a store about 14 miles away has the Nintendo Switch in stock, and the roads here in Boston are still clear. I'm debating if I should go on a snow-venture to try and finally pick up a system.

GodofWine

My offices are closed in Trenton nj, so ill be watching the weather channels 100 on location reporters try to make a big deal about sleet in philly and ny.

The best was a storm in Sept that was supposedly going to wash away Atlantic City, sun was out all day on the beach and poor TWC guy was literally warning people to wear sunscreen

Nice! Apparently it's pretty hard to find nowadays. Did you play Path of Radiance?
I seen Path of Radiance but it's crazy in price! i'm very new to the series and been playing Awakening every night before going to bed, but i still don't have a clue how to level up new characters so i just keep using old ones.

For the storm, i'm in Bergen County right across G.W. bridge and it's just winds howling with light snow at the moment. i thought i'd wake up and see more snow.
i see a few cars running out there.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Apparently the forecast for northern Westchester has increased to 20-30 inches. That's a lot.

Amir0x

Banned
According to the Target website, a store about 14 miles away has the Nintendo Switch in stock, and the roads here in Boston are still clear. I'm debating if I should go on a snow-venture to try and finally pick up a system.

you should call the store. stock situations on websites are fluid and often inaccurate :p

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just walked to the deli, still nothing you want to be caught in
Yeah, in a lot of ways the sleet is nastier and more treacherous to travel in in the city than just regular ass snow. Still feels like I should be going into the office, but most of the trains that get me there are pretty disrupted (and the stoop to my building is coated in ice right now), so I think I'm kinda stuck right now anyway. Just as well.

74th Roosevelt

JUteMW0.jpg

sJPnj3j.jpg

jq6ob9y.jpg

0FLfiMK.jpg

oQS2yAj.jpg

Good to see these pictures of home. Stay safe, bro.

Now we're(Stamford, CT) only expected to get 5-8 inches when we were expected to get 12-18+......

The sleet ain't no joke but, damn what a blunder, all the local news reporters trying to make this storm look horrible when you can see blacktop on the streets.

I'm laughing pretty hard at people saying 'oh wow, this is nothing' considering some areas look like they're getting 2+ feet of snow

It ain't nothing, you just lucked out of the snow zone you dumbass

Nipo

I'm laughing pretty hard at people saying 'oh wow, this is nothing' considering some areas look like they're getting 2+ feet of snow

It ain't nothing, you just lucked out of the snow zone you dumbass

24 inches in NYC is a storm that gets top billing on national news sites. 24 inches in small towns no one cares about are local news and not a big deal.

meow

I'm in NYC, and while I'm a little disappointed we won't get massive snow, it's kinda nice it worked out this way since I didn't really stockpile food, my office still closed, but my gym stayed open.

My window faces another building so I can't tell what the streets look like, but it seems like it's just been hailing the past hour. Little chunks of ice bouncing off and around my window.

Gnub

Milk mafia strikes again.

Nowhere near 18 inches of snow. Just a inch of snow and a little rain. Milk sold out at the grocery store so I guess mission accomplished.

Kyrios

Been sleeting since like 6am in Central Jersey, no longer in the Blizzard Warning either. Still off from work tho :D

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Wait, so how much is NYC getting then? I'm in Bloomfield, NJ. We just started the sleet rain portion of the storm. Prior to this, huge chunks of snowflakes.

Culex

Banned
Now we're(Stamford, CT) only expected to get 5-8 inches when we were expected to get 12-18+......

The sleet ain't no joke but, damn what a blunder, all the local news reporters trying to make this storm look horrible when you can see blacktop on the streets.

I'm in the hills of Bristol and we definitely are getting hammered

Jarmel

Banned
My question is about tomorrow. I'm in Broome County and wondering whether I'm going to have to work tomorrow. It seems like it's going to snow all day.

I'm in the hills of Bristol and we definitely are getting hammered

Sorry got you guys that are still getting hammered, I've become somewhat expected of this; every Nor'easter that hits us always expects the coast to get hardest and then the clockwork the storm always moves towards the east just before it's about to make landfall, resulting in me being salty(inner schooler talking)

Brooklyn downgraded from 8-12 to 3-5 and I'm not even sure we're going to get that much. At least I don't have to go shopping for a few days, I came prepared to Netflix and chill the next couple of days away.

Any Philadelphians here? How's the storm faring down there?

In Center City, there wasn't much overnight accumulation (a few inches?) before it turned to ice rain. Very windy though and the 1.5 mile walk to work this morning wasn't fun at all.

Right now, looking out the window, it seems like a combination of ice rain and snow with a lot of wind.

Here is my front porch and it is still coming down hard. I have to shovel a couple inches every hour or so to keep a place for my dog to do his business outside. I'm not looking forward to digging out of this when it's done.

In Center City, there wasn't much overnight accumulation (a few inches?) before it turned to ice rain. Very windy though and the 1.5 mile walk to work this morning wasn't fun at all.

Right now, looking out the window, it seems like a combination of ice rain and snow with a lot of wind.

YOU WALKED TO WORK IN THAT?

YOU LOON

azure.

About 15 miles West of the city, just turned from sleet back to snow

Thanks, was just a bit curious how my old hometown was faring.

YOU WALKED TO WORK IN THAT?

YOU LOON

ha. i was hoping to catch a bus as i walked but it passed me when i was between stops. that bus was flying though because apparently nobody else in the city was going to work and it didn't need to make any stops for pickups. it was just nailing the green lights as it cruised up 11th.

Infinite

I went outside to shovel in front of my two properties, tell me why my mother fucking snow shovel fell apart. I had to go in the backyard and grab a dirt shovel to finish the job smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom