• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Hardware Sales Results for February 2007

vasuba

Banned
moku said:
Know what? Screw this. I challange you to go back, and take pictures to prove it. I could care less if you did or you didnt, I just want to see if your capable of telling the truth.

Your posts are so crazy, and filled with insanity, I want to see these, "Wii's in the wild" with my own eyes.

Now to wait to see what his reply is...

he asked me to fufil your request for him. totally legit picture can see like 20 of them stacked there. no one is buying them so much dust on them

pswiistackns0.jpg

shitty Photoshop job deliberate not gonna waste that much effort on sovos :p

Joe Molotov

SoVos20 said:
Looks like wii supply issues could be over. I went to game stop today, and noticed they had at least 5 wiis available. The other day, when I was at best buy I say at least 20 wiis in a big pile.

neogaf1.gif

Avrum

Chiggs said:
I wonder when N'gai Croal will comment on Sony's shitty sales; or will he just rant and rave about the European launch?

It's the next "big thing" so of course he's going to be hyping it up. Then you'll have to go through a couple of weeks of the aftermath of the launch, then another couple of weeks of where Sony stands and then another couple of weeks of how the future may bode for the pS3 as a result of the European launch.

And maybe...JUST MAYBE...he might get into things a bit more critical. :D

Ryudo

My opinion? USED.
moku said:
See, none of the faboy jackoff stuff bothers me. It's asinine hyperbole that does. "1999 graphics" is such a ****ing stupid-ass statement to make, I'll switch it around.

I am so glad Nintendo is stomping a mud-hole into Microsoft, and Sony's ass, becuase if I had to put up with using the same ****ing controll scheme, that I've been using since 1994, I would have quit gaming. Thank god a company as forward thinking as Nintendo has taken the riens, and actually taken the time to upgrade the most important aspect of gaming, the controll, to the next level. Had this not been the case, can you imagine still swinging a bat in baseball with an analog stick, or button press?!?!?! Pathetic.

You see, by this example, the numbnuts out there, who say dumbass things about the Wii, can see just how stupid there statements are by contrast/comparison.

It doesnt matter if the Wii wins this console race by a massive margin. In 5 years, what seemed like a sure thing in Nintendo making the Wii2, could turn out to be something different, AND Nintendo could fall flat on thier faces. In this industry, unique from all others, you start from scratch every 5 years. You ever know whats going to happen.

Why not let people have their own opinions on what is important to them without calling them numbnuts ?

SoVos20

Banned
moku said:
Know what? Screw this. I challange you to go back, and take pictures to prove it. I could care less if you did or you didnt, I just want to see if your capable of telling the truth.

Your posts are so crazy, and filled with insanity, I want to see these, "Wii's in the wild" with my own eyes.

I am not going to go back to bestbuy for you, or game stop. They both also had a few PS3 in stock. Wii just isn't hard to find in my area.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Ryudo said:
Why not let people have their own opinions on what is important to them without calling them numbnuts ?
not only that but why does he bold parts of his post? I dont get it

KINGMOKU

Ryudo said:
You must have missed the part where I said, that part doesnt bother me. Everyone has thier own personal tastes in gaming.

It's the extreme hyperbole that gets under my skin. It's akin to saying that if Toyoats new truck outsells the F-150, your done driving becuase you dislike the approach of Toyota.

It's assinine.

moku said:

You are no better than him by even acknowledging that he exist.

KINGMOKU

SoVos20 said:
I am not going to go back to bestbuy for you, or game stop. They both also had a few PS3 in stock. Wii just isn't hard to find in my area.
Of course not.

Dont worry about it though, I believe you.

mj1108

Wiitard said:
In other thread there was a guy claiming to have seen mountains of HUNDREDS Wiis in Germany. And I believe that.

Plus the poster that is a WalMart worker back east (in South Carolina, I think it was) who always claims there's just STACKS of Wii's just sitting in his local WalMart.

SoVos20 said:
Looks like wii supply issues could be over. I went to game stop today, and noticed they had at least 5 wiis available. The other day, when I was at best buy I say at least 20 wiis in a big pile.

Yes, as though we believe YOU.

Ulairi

Banned
SoVos20 said:

Then you should buy them and make a profit on the resale.

vasuba said:
its kinda scary when you compare those.

Wii at 1% Availability.

PS3 at 91% Availability.

I thought about posting that, but decided this thread is cruel enough as it is (nevermind the media crate thread).

I'd would like to point out that while there are apparently tens of Wiis stacked up at local BestBuys, there are still none to sell on their website.

/snideness

Damn, I wish I kept up on things like this earlier...I had no idea that there were sites as handy as that iTrackr one. Wow @ PS3's percentage of availability for the Phoenix area! 88% by iTrackr's reporting. Pretty ****in' sad, indeed. Wii reports as 0% and X360 as 90%. X360s galore!

Deku

Banned
Saint Gregory said:
I thought about posting that, but decided this thread is cruel enough as it is (nevermind the media crate thread).

I'd would like to point out that while there are apparently tens of Wiis stacked up at local BestBuys, there are still none to sell on their website.

/snideness

Well I sincerely hope people aren't hoping for Sony's good showing at GDC to mean March sales is going to pick up.

Chiggs

Deku said:
Well I sincerely hope people aren't hoping for Sony's good showing at GDC to mean March sales is going to pick up.

Of course they are! :lol Which could very well make next month's NPD thread even greater.

The mainstream will adore Home! Really!

vasuba

Banned
Chiggs said:
Of course they are! :lol Which could very well make next month's NPD thread even greater.

you heard it here first next month PS3 will sell 2 million in the US cause of home and LBP. :lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Deku said:

Of course they, just like VF5 in japan, most people might have already bought their console for motorstorm

Agent Icebeezy said:
Of course they, just like VF5 in japan, most people might have already bought their console for motorstorm

Isn't VF5 the biggest thing going in Japan? In all seriousness, if that game cannot spark sales, what will? Is it FFXIII?

I think the same goes for the US. Sony really needs a game to sell systems. I really think MGS4 is their game to do this, but all signs point to it not being released until 2008.

GhaleonEB

bgassassin said:
Man, I just checked some of the major zip codes in my area.

Wii = 0%

PS3 = 100%

That can't be right. Somebody had to buy a PS3.
It just means no one is sold out. I'm sure they sold a couple.

AniHawk

vasuba said:
you heard it here first next month PS3 will sell 2 million in the US cause of home and LBP. :lol

Strangely, the week after the Home/LBP announcement, we sold four systems. That's the most PS3s we've sold in a single week since 2006.

Avrum

AniHawk said:
Strangely, the week after the Home/LBP announcement, we sold four systems. That's the most PS3s we've sold in a single week since 2006.

cover.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if HOME and LBP have some effect once they're available, but I don't think it's going to be as huge as an effect as many Sony fans who care about sales data would hope.

vasuba

Banned
bgassassin said:
Ok. Thanks for the clear up.

yeah 100% just means in your area every place tracked has them in stock. In other Words nation Wide only 1% of stores Tracked have Wii in stock while 91% of stores tracked have PS3.

I have 50 EB Games within 50 miles of my house. 49 of the 50 have at least 4 systems in stock.only one reports none.

SoVos20 said:

Then you can make some money, like others have said. You can make $50 on each of those Wii's by selling them on EBay.

I'm serious. Check it out. You could make hundreds of dollars.

Kusagari

SoVos20 said:

Then tell us where you live that has all these Wii's.

GhaleonEB

ComputerNerd said:
Then you can make some money, like others have said. You can make $50 on each of those Wii's by selling them on EBay.

I'm serious. Check it out. You could make hundreds of dollars.
He could just give us his city or zip code and we would all see the units in the tracker linked above. Then we'll be sorry.

The announcement of Home and LBP might have a positive effect, but I wonder if these sales figures might counter-act that. I imagine that most of the people who are aware of the GDC stuff will also be aware of these numbers.

I know that when I was choosing between Saturn and playstation, I went for the playstation on the basis that it was selling better.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Pope Benedict XVI said:
The announcement of Home and LBP might have a positive effect, but I wonder if these sales figures might counter-act that. I imagine that most of the people who are aware of the GDC stuff will also be aware of these numbers.

I know that when I was choosing between Saturn and playstation, I went for the playstation on the basis that it was selling better.

While anouncements of home and LBP were good news for sony I doubt they have much of an impact on sales. Motostorm will have a bigger impact on next months sales. If next month is under 150k that would be very bad considering motostorm's release. LBP is a long ways off and non beta home is half a year a way. Big name games and price cuts are the 2 things that will pick up sales of the PS3. It is going to take more than a few good slide shows to get many peopl to drop 599 dollars.

Kevtones

SoVos20 said:

I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE YOU ARE SO RIGHT IT CONFOUNDS THE VERY FABRIC OF OUR EXISTENCE. There is a chance, that if this is indeed the truth, which it very may well be, you may be the previously-thought-to-be-lost-heir-to-the-throne of Duncan Mccloud, HIGHLANDER. OH MY ****ING GOD DID YOU READ WHAT I JUST TYPED?! ****ING HIGHLANDER OH MY ****ING DOG. SERIOUSLY DUDE. Anyway, as I was saying, the fabric of time is in such high-demand at this, and i mean this, current juncture that we must further investigate the katarugiisms to extrapolate further documentation on 4D THE FOURTH MOTHER****ING DIMENSION. IF WE CAN INDEED GET THE NECESSARY INGREDIENTS TO INVESTIGATE THE EXISTENCE OF 20 WIIS SITTING AT BEST BUY, we may be able to break through unto the other side. FOUR DIMENSIONS?!!? IT COULD BE FIVE AND WE MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW!? IT COULD EVEN BE 20 AND BE LINKED TO EACH OF THOSE WIIS YOU SAW AT BEST BUY. we must summon the calvary and get to the best buy and purchase these spoke-of wiis soon, NAY!!!! WE MUST COMENCETH NOW AND NOT STOP SHEDDING BLOOD AND SPRUCE WILLIS UNTIL WE RETRIEVE TO FIND THE 20 DIMENSIONS. OTHERWISE we will continue reading your equally pointless bullshit posts about Wii/PS3 availability.

AniHawk said:
The "BUT WHY ARE THERE BOXES" argument never fails to piss me off.

So why doesn't management remove those boxes if they don't actually have anything to sell? Seems to me it'd just waste time and effort.

AniHawk

Pureauthor said:
So why doesn't management remove those boxes if they don't actually have anything to sell? Seems to me it'd just waste time and effort.

They're part of the store's marketing and they're SUPPOSED to be there (if anything, in case the DM or RM visits). Also, they display the prices of the consoles even if they're not in stock (in the case of the PS3 or 360, it'll usually lead to, "what's the difference between that one and that one?").

Chiggs said:

People actually believe the mainstream have even heard of home? Let alone understand it or are prepared to pay $600 for the priviledge of using it in over 6 months? Ouch people are in for some disappointment if true.

Jirotrom

the sales of VF5 really disappoints me especially because we get ps3 owners coming into the store complaining about no games on the system and I point them to the greatest game and they state no. I then proceed to point them to motorstorm and resistance and they pick up NBA 07 or blazing angels instead.

Wiitard

Banned
Come on guys, we all know that Wii shortages are artificial - all Wiis are shipped to a little town on the border of Germany and West Virginia. They are so plentiful there that the locals are using them as bricks in house construction and glue them together in homemade 70s style tables, armchairs and even doghouses.

Top Bottom