• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD January 2013 Sales Results [Up7: Wii U 57K (CNET), Vita ~35K, PS3 201K]

Once again:

Wii U is tracking behind the Gamecube each month. Gamecube's 1st January was 59k. No reason to suspect that number is wrong at this point.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
wow 55K... yup that's bad!

Is it me or every time Nintendo has to deal with shitty numbers, they try to shift focus with a Nintendo Direct. It happened last time with their quarterly results also.

i'm not sure why people are so eager to bring up the vita all the time when discussing wii u sales

sony themselves give no fucks about the vita and have tossed that thing on the backburner to focus on their core competency aka the ps4

Sandfox

I couldn't help but smile. It would be good payback on 3DS fans making fun of Vita's shitty sales so much.

And that would be interesting seeing as how they did it because of what Vita fans were saying. It would just be an endless circle.

270k!

ibzxd7fj4H8ktV.gif

55k!

ivxqYpEZWpQZ6.gif

holy shit :lol

this thread is already amazing

Coolwhip

Banned
The horribly scary part is that if true it will continue to drop all year

Yeah because january has been a great month for Wii U games.

I know some people love to point and laugh at Wii U sales, but you're insane if you don't think they will pick up the coming months.

Verendus

Banned
Not surprised at all at the Wii U having poor sales. Wii was a fluke. Nintendo was just dumb enough to try the same thing twice without realising how much luck was involved in Wii succeeding like it did.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
If the 55k is actually true (which I'm still doubting) in all fairness to Pacther I don't think anyone would have expected that.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and went with 105 myself as he always overshoots. But by twice as much! Everyones eyes are wide open.

So its Gamecubing harder and faster. Think that marks official disaster territory.

javac

i'm not sure why people are so eager to bring up the vita all the time when discussing wii u sales

sony themselves give no fucks about the vita and have tossed that thing on the backburner to focus on their core competency aka the ps4

Don't you Get it? Payback. For taking the mick out of or beloved vita ;(

Spiegel

If that 55 number is accurate it's extremely possible. That's around what Vita has been floating at for months. Before last holiday at least.

The thing did 200-250k in Nov-December with promotions. There's no way it outsold the WiiU, I say 30-40k at best in January

I've got a question. How long did the other platforms of this generation take to reach a 50k low? I figure some people here must have some crazy detailed archives.

It's low hanging fruit, was declared deader than dead by gaf 6 months ago so if the WiiU is doing Vita numbers it should also be deader than dead. You'll just not see the same posters declaring both dead just the other one.

Goddamn if that 55k is true... Firings probably NEED to occur if it is and Nintendo needs to go into full on panic mode ultimate ambassador free games and mario and zelda and retro mode to even have any hope of pulling out of it.

Yeah because januari has been a great month for Wii U games.

I know some people love to point and laugh at Wii U sales, but you're insane if you don't think they will pick up the coming months.
It's nice of you to try, but if these numbers are correct, there's no conceivable way to spin this, sorry.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
IF this number is true, you are looking at 30-40K months until at least May or June IMO.

I'm not sure management would last that long.

Top Bottom