• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2013 [Up2: 3DS Minimum, AC:NL, LM2/NSMBU LTDs, Xbox 360]

AniHawk

29k/4 wk for Wii U is 7.25k/wk.

Japan is currently outperforming the USA with approx. 9k/wk.

I still can't believe Japan, a country that's 1/3rd the size of the USA, is outpacing USA sales.

japan pikmin 3 come out to help out with that. before pikmin 3 hit, the system was doing about 5k a week or less.

Freki

29k/4 wk for Wii U is 7.25k/wk.

Japan is currently outperforming the USA with approx. 9k/wk.

I still can't believe Japan, a country that's 1/3rd the size of the USA, is outpacing USA sales.

And it's still tanking over there...
You really have to take a moment to think about the situation WiiU is in to fully comprehend it.

FZZ

Banned
What would they have used to fill out 2011 and 2012 though? We're just now seeing the release of promised first-party games.

And I don't think it would have been doable for them to release the 3DS and Wii U around the same time.

I honestly have no clue, they could've ported over games like Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, or The Last Story in HD, or had third parties attempt to release games on the console in conjunction with PS360. I just think releasing the console earlier with games like Zelda at launch and with a different name would've done wonders for the console as a whole.

I could be reading the numbers wrong but

Vita SW LTD

It was in the top selling Vita games for like 6 months straight too, and according to Sony, Vita digital game sales are higher than PS3(irc). I'm sure it's 100k+ regardless.
That means it's under 100k...closer to 50k. Please don't bring up digital sales, they have no place in this thread.

smt4 65k~70k
iHA0soqDe3P3W.gif

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
wait help me under stand this

I thought the games are listed under the number. Otherwise the 317k(CoD) makes no sense

You also read right past LTD, which means those are total sales to that point and not what it sold after 1 month of sales. Persona 4 Golden didn't sell half of what SMTIV did.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
You also read right past LTD, which means those are total sales to that point and not what it sold after 1 month of sales. Persona 4 Golden didn't sell half of what SMTIV did.

Those LTD numbers are all of 1 week of November and the month of December.

Honestly I thought SMT4 would do better considering it was coming with a $30 rebate for a significant chunk of the people buying the game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Explain Catherine (the puzzle game), no way that has a bigger appeal than SMT. I think that the west doesn't really care about JRPGs that much (especially when it's on handhelds). P4G would have done better numbers on PS3/360 imo(despite it selling well on Vita), same goes for SMTIV.
Catherine was a unique game that was riding high on the good word of mouth from Persona 4. Also notice how much Atlus de-emphasized the puzzle game part in their marketing.

SMT IV is a series that primarily sells to Japan and which did very well there. I don't think you can credibly show that a hypothetical PS3/360 version would have sold more, especially with SMT IV outperforming its PS2 brethren in both US and Japan.

But even then, the inflated budget would negate any additional sales.

Catherine, with its 78k, wasn't exactly very far off from Shin Megami Tensei IV.
You just made that number up didn't you?
Technically, DMC PSP was in development, but cancelled. After the sales of this title on 3DS, I doubt they'd cancel any Persona game they were planning for 3DS.
Again, those lists don't reflect planned development. When that list was originally revealed at E3 2010, we know that Atlus was not working on a Persona, Etrian Odyssey or SMT on 3DS.

Mileena

Banned
It was clear that SMTIV was never going to hit the PS3 even before Index took over Atlus. The console side definitely is "all Persona, all the time" at this juncture.

why you gotta say stuff like this

can we switch? handhelds you can have Persona

3DS only 1.5 million behind the DS in the same amount of time seems good to me. People always talk like the 3DS is doing way worse than it really is.

Pociask

3DS only 1.5 million behind the DS in the same amount of time seems good to me. People always talk like the 3DS is doing way worse than it really is.

That's because the DS had a slow start, and then went into fierce deity beast mode and started destroying sales charts year round, including getting jaw-dropping December numbers. It's hard to compare favorably to that.

Top Bottom