• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duxxy3

So based on this NPD, MS will have to Bomba Xbox One bundles to get more sales this Holiday. PS4 is seemingly pulling greatly away now.

It sold almost 300k units in a month where all they had was the one week special. Maybe it's just my perspective, but that ain't too shabby.

It's not hard to start from current discussion and walk it back, or to click through the thread in 5 page chunks and see how discussion changes when data enter the fray. We shouldn't have to spoon feed people unwilling to take a few minutes to see what the current discussion is about on every page. If you (and I use "you" to mean everyone raising this subject) can't be bothered to read the thread for a bit, then you should not bother posting either. This thread has been filled to the brim with people asking questions answered multiple times on the same page, or on the page prior.

Yeah I know, Im just saying it makes sense why theres a lot of posts asking the same questions over and over. Lots of people dont know how these NPD threads work and read the OP then go to the last page because its so long. Then they see people discussing information not in the OP and get a little confused and ask whats going on since thats a quicker option than skimming through the whole thread. A lot of people dont get why the leaked information isnt in the OP (or that it was leaked at all)

Ty4on

Wait i thought cream said ~975k for XBO?

Your numbers are way off lol.

Wait, are you sure that's the numbers? I thought it was 300k bundles, and without it was 35/33%?

That's not right.

Is ~945k on XBO and 1191k on PS4 (bundle included)

Yeah, you're all right :p

I was lazy and took Anihawk's summary without realizing he had already included bundle sales into the PS4 number which I read as the XB1 number because it was the highest. I should have realized when the difference was far higher than the 35%-33% :p

Sorry for that fuck up.

Edit: ~56-44% is the real split then. Better than other FPS' for the PS4 IIRC.

Wait I thought FH2 number is decent... but looking at ppl's reaction obviously I'm wrong then.

It wouldn't be that bad minus the fact that XB1 is bombing in the racing audience market aka Europe.

If Horizon fails in all markets, then the chances of a new instalment lowers.

RexNovis

Banned
Just ignore last gen:

I'm proud of nailing 3DS. Nintendo said it was because of Smash, but I believe the bundles made more of a difference.

Nice! Well done. Ya PS4 sales take me completely out of the running this time around. Guess that's what I get for being conservative with my estimate.

Duxxy3

It wouldn't be that bad minus the fact that XB1 is bombing in the racing audience market aka Europe.

If Horizon fails in all markets, then the chances of a new instalment lowers.

I think that's what is killing it. Racing game typically sell best in Europe in the first place. Then you set the racing game in Europe.

Unfortunately very few people in Europe, your largest audience, has or will have your system. Driveclub will probably do pretty damn well in comparison.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Question:

Does the 60k Mario Kart 8 sales include the newly introduced Wii U sku bundle? Or is that separate?

this is why people think they're planning for a system that can share libraries with their handheld system and vice versa.

I not seeing how that's gonna get people to buy there console, it's 2 different market's. Wiiu and 3ds have a similar line up when it comes to Nintendo games, yet the 3ds is selling far better then the Wiiu ever will.

Biker19

Banned
GT7 is going to be a huge seller. GT6 may had done bad (well, bad by GT standards), but that won't drag the series down. It'll come back with a vengeance in 7, especially now with Sony completely dominating Europe.

I seriously hope that a lot of work is being done on GT 7, as well as the cars graphically to make them look like a next gen racer, & not just rushing it out.

logikk

Neo Member
Wait I thought FH2 number is decent... but looking at ppl's reaction obviously I'm wrong then.

I thought this too. ~120k for 5 days on only XO and 360 doesn't seem that terrible. I have no idea though.

Wonder what the Mordor numbers are in the same period but on 4 systems (do they count PC as well?)

Edit: Found SoM numbers - SoM: 4 ~ 59%, 1 ~ 41%, total < 350 k. So seems like FH2 was almost as good as SoM on the XO alone (41% of 350k ~ 143.5k)

Toki767

Yea, im not saying its bad nor good, its in between. I put FH2 at about 550k next NPD so ~700k ltd in just over a month. Thats if it averages about 100k for october.

What. You think Forza Horizon 2 is going to average 100K sales a week when it barely got over 100K sales in the opening week?

I thought this too. ~120k for 5 days on only XO and 360 doesn't seem that terrible. I have no idea though.

Wonder what the Mordor numbers are in the same period but on 4 systems (do they count PC as well?)

Mordor, only out on PS4/Xbox One during those 5 days, sold almost 350K total.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=134713093&postcount=3626

Yea, im not saying its bad nor good, its in between. I put FH2 at about 550k next NPD so ~700k ltd in just over a month. Thats if it averages about 100k for october.

What?

Ty4on

Nice! Well done. Ya PS4 sales take me completely out of the running this time around. Guess that's what I get for being conservative with my estimate.

You were not alone, there were tons of predictions around the 400k mark.

We had signs that it would nearly triple. Not only did Amazon place the bundle above Titanfall (which sold ~300k), but Abdiel said this:
Ehhh. Some stores easily tripled their previous months, others doubled... Depended on how well they did the last month, haha. It wasn't a single universal number.

We also that people predict similar numbers to what others have predicted in these threads and an invisible consensus is formed which most base their predictions on. That consensus is usually quite good, but it can have some bias like this time when PS4 was 100k too low.
Edit: I say that because I know of that feeling of having to be in line with the consensus far too well. I started feeling really uneasy about my PS4 numbers until the "nearly tripled" comment came :D

So based on this NPD, MS will have to Bomba Xbox One bundles to get more sales this Holiday. PS4 is seemingly pulling greatly away now.

I'm not entirely sure that price is the Xbones biggest problem, or that MS would be willing to spend for marketshare like they did on the original Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom