• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPR: Bernie Sanders staying in the race 'Until The Last Vote Is Cast'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fine by me, he can do whatever he wants. It's not going to matter and its his donor's money. If they're dumb enough to keep throwing money at a candidate who already has lost, then that's their prerogative.

boiled goose

good with gravy
What a huge waste of resources and everyone's time.

Nope. The issues he brings up matter to a heck of a lot of people, especially young people.

By young, I mean under 45, which Bernie beats Hillary in with increasingly bigger margins as you get younger.

Every second Bernie is on TV, or online is good for America and the world.

I guess if you like losing elections, fracturing the base, and blowing up your party then a Tea Party for the left is a great idea.

California is not an open primary. That makes a HUGE difference.

The democrats lose elections by going national and refusing to support local candidates that people can actually get excited about. They alienate state parties and local grassroots movements unless they play ball with establishment politics and money. In turn, we see decline in democratic membership and low voter turnout.

The future of the democratic party is not pretty and the party has no one to blame but itself.

Listen man, we get no love as it is. We're the last guy in line who everyone seems to need but no one cares about because it's a done deal by the time we're next. We can't win. Show us some love lol.

Yeah! We can't help it. We tend to be the straw that breaks the camels back though. That's a good feeling.

MIMIC

Banned
Good. When McCain clinched the nomination way back in March of 2008, that didn't stop Hillary from fighting on.

lenovox1

Which is the frightening part, because that would put Trump in the White House

Too late! Most minor league liberal parties have already chosen their candidates, and the deadline to enter as an Independent in multiple states has approached.

He's said time and time again that he won't run as a third party candidate, and there's no reason not to believe him.

"I think we are perpetuating the political revolution by significantly increasing the level of political activity that we're seeing in this country," Sanders responded. He added later, "I think it is good for the United States of America, good for the Democratic Party, to have a vigorous debate, to engage people in the political process."

Isn't Democratic voter turnout down?

OFyd36S.jpg

I knew it. After he "won" (rofl) Rhode Island, there was no reason (from his warped prospective) for him to drop out. It's all a bunch of white states voting until June. It's the same reason he thought he had a chance after he was obliterated in Florida/Ohio.

Compared to 2008, yes. That's due to the fact this primary isn't nearly as competitive as 2008.

I think it is actually up if you remove the anomaly of 2008

How can he do this when he's not currently winning and won't be the Democratic Nominee?

She's not moving any further to the left from where she currently stands. She will need moderate and independent votes. Same with down ticket Dems. Bernie needs to do more than shift the party, he needs to shift the entire electorate.

zelas

If he wants to stay in, fine. He has zero chance of winning but he is more than free to stay in. The attacks on Clinton right now are especially shitty not because she is the clear and that he is now handing soundbites to Donald but because he said he was above petty attacks at the start of his campaign when in practice he was clearly not.
He also said he'd fight for the black vote before giving up on them and questioning them as real democrats. He also said he'd couldn't stand super delegates before trying to woo them. This news continues to add to the narrative that he cares more about himself than he does helping the democratic party get in position to push liberal ideas.

Good for him. I can't stand the popular narrative that Hilary is somehow owed his bowing out, and that he should support her, when she represents so much of what he is against.

User1608

Banned
He also said he'd fight for the black vote before giving up on them and questioning them as real democrats. He also said he'd couldn't stand super delegates before trying to woo them. This news continues to add to the narrative that he cares more about himself than he does helping the democratic party get in position to push liberal ideas.
Yeah, Bernie shitting on southern, minority voters is when I realized he's full of shit. No excuse to exclude an entire region and block of voters. How's he going to unite the people, and get out his progressive ideas/legislation with that kind of attitude?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Nope. The issues he brings up matter to a heck of a lot of people, especially young people.

By young, I mean under 45, which Bernie beats Hillary in with increasingly bigger margins as you get younger.

....unless Trump becomes president lol

A decade of failed democratic strategy in galvanizing independent and youth voters has lead to the situation we're at now. Does the democratic party seek a more progressive platform or continue on its path of mediocrity, pulling itself ever rightward for fewer and fewer votes while further alienating the growing left.

Sanders actually polls better against Trump than Clinton

Sanders hasn't been vetted by the media or the right, like, at all. Those numbers wouldn't hold up once he actually begins to get attacked.

A decade of failed democratic strategy in galvanizing independent and youth voters has lead to the situation we're at now. Does the democratic party seek a more progressive platform or continue on its path of mediocrity, pulling itself ever rightward for fewer and fewer votes while further alienating the growing left.

Who was more progressive? Bill or Barack? The country has seen a massive shift under an Obama presidency.

Zornack

Good for him. I can't stand the popular narrative that Hilary is somehow owed his bowing out, and that he should support her, when she represents so much of what he is against.

The senator who voted the same as Sanders 93% of the time represents so much of what he is against?

Okay.

Democrats have tried going to the far left before. It always fails miserably. Thankfully they won't be trying it again.

Sure, if you take out the thing that proves his point wrong then he's totally right. Except he still isn't because the vast majority of people are voting against his revolution.

Why would you remove 08? He's talking about a revolution were turn out is down and he's behind by a few million votes....

I mean, I wouldn't remove 08' when considering his "revolution" rhetoric. I was just shocked when I looked up the numbers.

Umm. That's what the convention is for. The more delegates he has, the more sway he has with the party during the "unification" process.

How much sway will he have after shitting on the DNC and Hillary? He ain't swaying shit as long as Hillary needs some of the moderate and independent vote.

harSon

Banned

But Trump, and the current Republican party in general, is infinitely less representative of nearly every ideal he holds sacred.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Sanders hasn't been vetted by the media or the right, like, at all. Those numbers wouldn't hold up once he actually begins to get attacked.

Yeah sure. Last November. It's May. Sanders national popularity has only trended upward.

The more people learn, the more they like.
Facts, I know are less valid than your opinions but just pointing them out

I agree.
And he still won Indiana last night. Of course his chances are slim to none. But people still want to support him.

And Bernie has said that his movement is more than just the Democratic primary race. He's working to get people politically involved. He's leading a new progressive voice for the future.
I think it's good that people hear his message. And then more progressive politicians run for office.

Yeah sure. Last November. It's May. Sanders national popularity has only trended upward.

The more people learn, the more they like.
Facts, I know are less valid than your opinions but just pointing them out

Those "facts" don't show up in the form of actual votes, however.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Like he hasn't been attacked by Clinton's campaign? Come on now...

She's had the kid gloves on the whole time, let's be real. Bernie on the other hand has been implying she's corrupt since late last year, ramping the level of the attack up as time passed, and when called on it and asked to give proof he acted like a deer in the headlights.

Pretty sure the Democratic Party has gone to the left in recent years, just not as fast as the Republican Party has dashed off to the right.

I wish I shared in this naivety. It hasn't been about this issues in a long time, if ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom