• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nvidia Gsync is amazing!

DJ_Lae

I wanted one (or rather, a freesync monitor) but I couldn't justify the cost over buying a new videocard. So I just bought a 144Hz display for less than half the price of a freesync/g-sync one.

I'm not too bothered by tearing frames so I generally play with vsync off. So far I've been really happy with the new monitor but I also happily live in bliss having never seen what g-sync actually looks like. Maybe it's magical, but I'm better off not knowing until prices come down.

hlhbk

I wanted one (or rather, a freesync monitor) but I couldn't justify the cost over buying a new videocard. So I just bought a 144Hz display for less than half the price of a freesync/g-sync one.

I'm not too bothered by tearing frames so I generally play with vsync off. So far I've been really happy with the new monitor but I also happily live in bliss having never seen what g-sync actually looks like. Maybe it's magical, but I'm better off not knowing until prices come down.

I don't understand how anyone can play games with screen tearing. Its so jarring.

Don't we already have an official Gsync praise thread?

That said it's next to VR easily the most important (dare I say revolutional?) tech evolution we have seen in a long time. GTA5 with Gsync is amazing.

DJ_Lae

I don't understand how anyone can play games with screen tearing. Its so jarring.

I always went with it over vsync as I cannot stand input lag. Got used to tearing, I suppose.

I mean, I'll still notice it's there, but it won't bother me the same way a slight delay in my mouse inputs will.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just got a BenQ XL2420G 144hz GSYNC monitor and... man.

So effing good. Just the jump from a 60 hz to 144 hz monitor feels awesome, but finally getting to retire D3Doverrider after like 10+ years of running it is amazing.

BashNasty

Really wanna get it on this instead of swapping my GTX970's for 980Ti. Guess I better start saving.

Man, y'all should wait for the next round of videocards in the fall. That's what I'm doing. Planning on picking up a 1080 (or whatever they call it), a Gsync monitor and a VR headset in one go.

Top Bottom