• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NX Gamer] The Last of Us Part II : PS5 Backwards Compatibility Boost - 60FPS

Why are people replying to that dumb troll? If it was an Xbox game he'd be on his knees licking his lips.

Anyway, I might do a second play through sometime in the near future to see what all the fuss is about.
I remember when TLoU remaster came out and I had to play it in 60fps, it just felt strange switching to 30 like a weird judder, not sure if it was the game or just my imagination.

The victim complex some sony fans have is always hilarious. Sony is market leader, ps 4 has sold 115 million consoles next to microsofts 50 or 60 million, and they still play opressed victims.

Did the fact that im refering to multiple PC games in my posts gave you the hint that i have a stand in console wars ? Particularly xbox ?

Last edited:

Shmunter

The victim complex some sony fans have is always hilarious. Sony is market leader, ps 4 has sold 115 million consoles next to microsofts 50 or 60 million, and they still play opressed victims.

Did the fact that im refering to multiple PC games in my posts gave you the hint that i have a stand in console wars ? Particularly xbox ?
You should get a PS5 and play this. Turn that frown upside down. 👍🏻

Topher

Gold Member
face punch GIF

How many supposedly realistic games offer this kind of agency during encounters?

That was probably my favorite section of gameplay in TLOU 2. The options for handling all the groups of enemies was incredible. I may search my game saves for that part of the game just to play it again. It really is that good.

Vick

I am informing you how in Crysis you have constant, consistent numerous ways to handle any given situation and you are telling me that yes, last of us 2 also has scripted boat or horse segments at certain points in its campaign.
Yes, because the first Crysis is not a linear game, and your description of it blatantly disingenuous by the way.
Now imagine Crysis without Sci-Fi elements, and inside a more story driven structure.

The uncharted 4 jeep scene is a scripted, on rails scene, while in Crysis you have an entire island, where you chose what and when and where you will use whatever you want. And the game adapts to it.
That's why you should play the games you talk about, ffs.

First of all, the car set piece in Uncharted 4 is not on rails in the slightest and only someone who saw the scene on Youtube (and only once) could say this.

Secondly, i know you have no clue about these titles, but there's an entire chapter in Uncharted 4 devoted to an open map as vast as some in the first Crysis. You drive the car there, and engage or not with multiple settlements, many of which totally optional.
You can run enemies over, jump on them from the car or even jump from the car to perform a swing mid air to then land on them.

This without mention of another ND game you probably never heard of, called The Lost Legacy.
This one offers a map considerably bigger than any Crysis map, with lots of collectibles and settlements, a map you also traverse with a car.
The closest thing to a free-roam without actually being one that could exist.

For acting so smug and intelligent, you really do not understand even the most simplest of sentences. Maybe tone it down a bit, trying to apear smart while advertising how inept you are.
Dude you literally came in this Thread, bitter and completely clueless, trying to mock NXGamer for only spouting facts, to then engage in discussions about games you know nothing about, still acting like you're the one who's right and others are braindead for not getting what you really meant.

And now you're trying to convince me i'm the bad guy?

At which point am i supposed to be impressed by a game that uses small areas which lacks dynamism and real time lightning ?
Huh?

PBjxfvw.png

AEPkX88.png

ivgfhFm.png

S1JqBe9.png

qW2BocT.png

V6aNZZM.png

HLNUpAr.png

r8ofjlo.png

AO34MPX.png

1p2jYng.png

RlLruEV.png

GJez0J5.png

1dzM3Ur.png

8IVE7eD.png

3HPfFy8.png

fnpeUoI.png

La1GMsL.png

ZYj0y9m.png

mSLedOl.png

HUM5cx8.png

1MEYWXe.png

3bb870P.png

T6mH5a7.png

J2nMzMp.png

x6PP990.png

iF27wU5.png

lJtawpC.png

Again, play the games you talk about if you don't want to look like an idiot.

As opposed to Cyberpunks entire city that uses 5 different ray tracing techniques next to real time day and night cicles ? At which point is last of us 2 better than Half Life Alyx, which also uses baked lightning, but since its in first person, everything needs to be higher fidelity because it needs to hold up as the player is looking at everything from 10 cm away ?
Right, it's not like being first person allows you to spare the tons of resources necessary to render photorealistic characters and their thousands of animations..

The fetish sony gives some of its fans is really a sight to behold. Morphing reality basically
giphy.gif

Last edited:
some people here are under the impression that what an employee of microsoft said about last of us 2 somehow means more than it does. Its a guy, employed by microsoft, which gave his assessmentof the game. Why are we giving it importance as if it were some higher authority ?

Maybe you prefer Digital Foundry?

It's an interesting release: The Last of Us Part 2 stands as one of the most technically ambitious titles released for the PlayStation 4 and we wondered how well this sort of performance patch would work out. After all, no matter how you feel about the game, it's a stunning technical achievement that flirts with the limits of its original platform - and capping to 30fps was required in order to deliver its beautiful visuals. With this in mind, we were curious to see how it would fare on PS5 with its frame-rate limited removed. Can PS5 really lock to 60fps?

So I guess they are playstation fanboys because they think the game was very impressive.

Want to go look at reviews next?

I don't think it's unusual for people to be impressed by the visuals of the game. I know many didn't agree with the story choices but the visuals have been praised by people other than Sony fanboys.

Why are we giving it importance as if it were some higher authority ?

And why should we do that with you?

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Have not even played the game yet, and am trying to avoid spoilers still to this day, saying that i watched the op video for a minute then turned it off.

Just look at that s scene with the horse riding through the forest, 1.00 exactly. HOLY HELLS BELLS ITS BEAUTIFUL.

geordiemp

Have not even played the game yet, and am trying to avoid spoilers still to this day, saying that i watched the op video for a minute then turned it off.

Just look at that s scene with the horse riding through the forest, 1.00 exactly. HOLY HELLS BELLS ITS BEAUTIFUL.

Just bought it yesterday, I waited patiently for this patch for ps5 bbefor diving in....mmmmmmmmmmmm

Just need to finish up Res evil first as I like to finish a game before moving on unless it does not grab me....

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
some people here are under the impression that what an employee of microsoft said about last of us 2 somehow means more than it does. Its a guy, employed by microsoft, which gave his assessmentof the game. Why are we giving it importance as if it were some higher authority ?
For one....the context of that assessment....from MS....

But honestly after reading your replies....

tenor.gif

Why are people replying to that dumb troll? If it was an Xbox game he'd be on his knees licking his lips.

Anyway, I might do a second play through sometime in the near future to see what all the fuss is about.
I remember when TLoU remaster came out and I had to play it in 60fps, it just felt strange switching to 30 like a weird judder, not sure if it was the game or just my imagination.
I will take this advice, lol.

molly14

Best thing about these new consoles,is the 60fps in every game now,the biggest thing about PC gaming before was the much higher frame-rate in games,consoles have finally caught up now,even if they lack the memory bandwith according to the veterans in here:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

NXGamer

^ i dont hate the guy, jesus. Im just amused by the most ardent sony fanboy pretending he knows about game technology while he does not and trying to appear that he makes tech videos, while he;s just gushing about every sony game at random. His graphics top for the last year just had all the sony exclusives grouped together : )))
tenor.gif

Like clockwork this stuff, put up or shut up, I have not got time for clowns.

Thanks to OP for sharing my video and the genuine commenters in here, :messenger_clapping::messenger_bicep:

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Thanks to OP for sharing my video and the genuine commenters in here, :messenger_clapping::messenger_bicep:

Love the video BTW. I'm really excited to play it for the first time on my PS5 when I get my hands on one.

I really can't wait to see your Analysis on Ratchet which is a game that I'm really looking forward to.

f63.gif

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Love the video BTW. I'm really excited to play it for the first time on my PS5 when I get my hands on one.

I really can't wait to see your Analysis on Ratchet which is a game that I'm really looking forward to.

f63.gif

Where'd this gif come from?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah but this game isn't out yet. How's there a meme on it already doing the Predator hand shake?
Insomniac, ND and Sony Bend all make their own meme gifs using ingame models. I hope they are doing it on their own time instead of on the company's dime but its hilarious none the less.

With the game no gold, they are probably sitting there doing stupid shit like this. Expect to see more of these gifs. I personally love them.

mckmas8808

Right? So just increase the cost of Gamepass. I don't see what the issue is. People would pay it if they were getting AAA titles day one.

fdf.gif

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

Sony first-party studios are quite strong even in the memes gif department.

giphy.gif

GIF by Identity

Excuse Me What GIF by Naughty Dog

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

The Last Of Us Ps4 GIF by Naughty Dog

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Insomniac, ND and Sony Bend all make their own meme gifs using ingame models. I hope they are doing it on their own time instead of on the company's dime but its hilarious none the less.

With the game no gold, they are probably sitting there doing stupid shit like this. Expect to see more of these gifs. I personally love them.

This is one of the most incredible things that I've read all month. I knew they did some, but not this many. It says something about Sony studios, when they have so many characters that they can do this with and it feels good. Plus the animation teams that they have.

modiz

Yeah but this game isn't out yet. How's there a meme on it already doing the Predator hand shake?
Sony tells their animators to do it so people share them on social media.
This has been a thing now for several years and Sony fans on message boards like to use the memes every time possible.

Rien

Jelly Belly
^ i dont hate the guy, jesus. Im just amused by the most ardent sony fanboy pretending he knows about game technology while he does not and trying to appear that he makes tech videos, while he;s just gushing about every sony game at random. His graphics top for the last year just had all the sony exclusives grouped together : )))

Damn.. the salt here is amazing..

GymWolf

The ia on tlou2 is good but far from perfect, it is still highly exploiable and sometimes enemies just take a second or 2 to react because they are occupied in being surprised, also they are very suicidal at times.
People get fooled by the whole name calling\enemy communicating but they really less smart then what they sound.

Inb4 accusation of being an hater, tlou2 was my goty and i played at max difficulty.

I can pinpoint a section where you can see all the limits of the IA if someone is interested.

Last edited:

Vick

tenor.gif

Please don't ever bend man, we got enough outlets faking level playing field already.

Ruffled feathers are inevitable, but unless there's economical gain at stake none should be concerned about it.

The ia on tlou2 is good but far from perfect, it is still highly exploiable and sometimes enemies just take a second or 2 to react because they are occupied in being surprised, also they are very suicidal at times.
Inb4 accusation of being an hater, tlou2 was my goty and i played at max difficulty.
This description ideed totally fit the game's max difficulty.

But in previous posts i was referring to the Grounded mode later added to the game.

They spot you in a fraction of a second from miles away, and then act in unpredictable manner. It's simply unforgiving.

So can someone tell me why they included a 30fps mode on the Last of Us Part 2 patch for PS5? Why would anyone in their right mind choose to play in 30 fps mode over 60 when there are no other graphical enhancements?

mckmas8808

This has been a thing now for several years and Sony fans on message boards like to use the memes every time possible.

Sounds like a great strategy to me. No issues detected.
So can someone tell me why they included a 30fps mode on the Last of Us Part 2 patch for PS5? Why would anyone in their right mind choose to play in 30 fps mode over 60 when there are no other graphical enhancements?

I think the resolution is higher at 30 fps.

GymWolf

Please don't ever bend man, we got enough outlets faking level playing field already.

Ruffled feathers are inevitable, but unless there's economical gain at stake none should be concerned about it.

This description ideed totally fit the game's max difficulty.

But in previous posts i was referring to the Grounded mode later added to the game.

They spot you in a fraction of a second from miles away, and then act in unpredictable manner. It's simply unforgiving.
Well it sound like my second run at 60 frames on ps5 is gonna be in grounded mode then 🕺

rolandss

Finally picking this game up after not being interested on release and for $25 aussie dollary doos no less. Such is the dearth of ps5 titles.

I still think we need a real native PS5 version for faster loading times, real 4K and to fix texture streaming problems that the PS4 version has.

Look how long it takes for this floor texture to load.

Exactly. If there's no visual upgrade to 30fps, why would you want to choose that? They only thing I can think is if some people prefer the game to stay looking like a movie and not a video game. I'm usually in the cinematic camp and I like choosing 30fps modes in games, but if it's not going to make my game look any better, then I'm not going to do it.

Edit: They also did the same thing for the God of War patch. You can still play it at 30fps if you want.

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
Exactly. If there's no visual upgrade to 30fps, why would you want to choose that? They only thing I can think is if some people prefer the game to stay looking like a movie and not a video game. I'm usually in the cinematic camp and I like choosing 30fps modes in games, but if it's not going to make my game look any better, then I'm not going to do it.

Edit: They also did the same thing for the God of War patch. You can still play it at 30fps if you want.
Because some people may prefer to play it like that. Simple as. I played TLOU Remastered in 30fps, and I'm replaying TLOU 2 at 60. Choice is always good.

Because some people may prefer to play it like that. Simple as. I played TLOU Remastered in 30fps, and I'm replaying TLOU 2 at 60. Choice is always good.
But isn't there a reason to use 30fps in TLOU remastered? It's native 4K with higher quality shadows.

In the case of TLOU2, there's no visual improvements whatsoever. I agree with you though, choice is always good.

Dodkrake

Banned
But isn't there a reason to use 30fps in TLOU remastered? It's native 4K with higher quality shadows.

In the case of TLOU2, there's no visual improvements whatsoever. I agree with you though, choice is always good.

Not that I'm aware. I played it on the standard PS4, not the Pro or the PS5.

Edit - Seems like the Pro is 1800p vs 1080p, nothing else changes.

Last edited:

When you go from 60 to 30 in the same game within a second 30fps feels broken, no matter how stable it is.
Sure, marginally and the likes of which you can find in many games today. We had games in the 90's like Thief, Fallout 1/2, System Shock, Deus Ex and so on which gives you
immeasurably more agency. A level in Thief is like its own mini world that youcan tackle whichever way you want. Its just funny listening to him because hes pretty much one of the biggest sony zealots ive ever seen in my life. Basically he's looking at stuff that around for decades and pretends its the first time this has come into existence
Most encounters in tlou2 are very open (bar some areas that are less so, but this is hardly any indication of how interesting they are).

I'm not sure where you're going with this line of thinking?
The fetish sony gives some of its fans is really a sight to behold. Morphing reality basically
You are the one that brings other games in the conversation.

Entroyp

Ok that video was great. I need to replay this game sometime soon. The only thing that bothered me was the looting mechanic, it got a bit annoying towards the end. Everything else is flawless of course.

Everybody love these memes, they're part of gaming culture.

It's one of those things you really don't understand until you experience it. I thought PC guys were just overhyping the 60fps thing, but nope, it's the real deal, and it's good more PS4 games are getting it. Now can Bloodbourne, Uncharted 4, and Horizon Zero Dawn get some 4k/60 love, please?

evanft

Willingly playing at 30 fps is like ordering a good steak well done. If someone does it you respectfully but firmly ask them to leave.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Willingly playing at 30 fps is like ordering a good steak well done. If someone does it you respectfully but firmly ask them to leave.

I like a well done steak because medium usually lacks that deep flavor, more like watery and bland on the meat itself. Used to like them medium/rare now it's always well done (not burned ffs lol) as the taste is much deeper and satisfying for my liking.

Top Bottom