• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| Dia de los Mil Muertes

Gotta have some Danny Cannon;

x7Vgmu8.gif

q6DnIDP.gif

RBcRGjs.gif

What an amazing, short, dumb career he had.

Mahonay

Banned
I thought Smackdown was relatively weak, but man did that James Ellsworth match ever make me laugh. Watching Ambrose being an idiot in silence during the entire commercial break was a touch of brilliance.

aa9Zoac.gif

Kaladin

I got a bit into My Career in 2k17 last night. Definately an improvement over 2k16. I love the overall Presentation improvements. I think that is what they spent the most time on as now it looks like you're watching an episode of the show you're on.

shanafan

I got a bit into My Career in 2k17 last night. Definately an improvement over 2k16. I love the overall Presentation improvements. I think that is what they spent the most time on as now it looks like you're watching an episode of the show you're on.

I wish you could just bring a superstar into My Career instead of making your own. Good thing there is the 2K Community, so I can just download a CAW of whomever wrestler I wish to play as in Career because I have never really got into making CAWs.

I am enjoying the game for what it is. Is the Rainmaker in the game?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I did whoop my brother's AJ with Joe in a 5 star match.

I'm surprised it took them that long to rip the idea from KoC 2. It's one of the best features of the game and is actually what a wrestling game should strive to be. Having the best match rather than feeling like a bloated fighting game. And Joe actually looks good build-wise. Usually in these games, well the last one I played was 13, the big guys like Mark Henry just look like scaled down giants. They don't look like big thick dudes they just look like shrunk down characters and it looks really bad. But Joe just looks like a thick shithouse.

I'm still not buying this though.

Kaladin

I am enjoying the game for what it is. Is the Rainmaker in the game?

I don't think so, but there are actual move packs you are able to unlock this year in the CAW thing so I haven't seen all the available moves.

My wrestler is using the Sit Out Crucifix Powerbomb Roman Reigns uses sometimes as his finisher. It's the best looking sit out Powerbomb they have.

Zach

I'm surprised it took them that long to rip the idea from KoC 2. It's one of the best features of the game and is actually what a wrestling game should strive to be. Having the best match rather than feeling like a bloated fighting game. And Joe actually looks good build-wise. Usually in these games, well the last one I played was 13, the big guys like Mark Henry just look like scaled down giants. They don't look like big thick dudes they just look like shrunk down characters and it looks really bad. But Joe just looks like a thick shithouse.

Wait, the game gives you star ratings?

Kaladin

Wait, the game gives you star ratings?

They had star ratings in 2k16, but it was only in My Career. Now it is in every match.

I see the 2K17 commentary is extremely up to date:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lncl_TW-xYE

That is one glaringly obvious thing that they don't update every year. You get a lot of the same lines year after year as they mostly only update newer wrestlers or wrestlers that have significantly changed over the years.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
American Alpha really need to freshen it up. Kind of over them and the Jason Jordan hot tag tbh. Course I think they're like the most factory produced WWE tag team despite them both having real credentials. They just feel like a super scripted Steiners except with Roman Reigns hot tags.

I don't think so, but there are actual move packs you are able to unlock this year in the CAW thing so I haven't seen all the available moves.

My wrestler is using the Sit Out Crucifix Powerbomb Roman Reigns uses sometimes as his finisher. It's the best looking sit out Powerbomb they have.

Mine is the good ol fisherman buster. I love that move.

Imma just go all in and get the Season Pass so I can just use the accelerator to unlock everything.

Branson

Mine is the good ol fisherman buster. I love that move.

Imma just go all in and get the Season Pass so I can just use the accelerator to unlock everything.
That's what I do. I don't want to play anything other than Universe mode and caw so I don't want to be restricted on that stuff.

cordy

Banned
Coming out of Sunday’s WWE No Mercy event, the plan is to have AJ Styles defend his WWE World Championship title in a short-term feud against Dean Ambrose heading into Survivor Series.

John Cena is taking a hiatus from WWE to film the upcoming season of American Grit. The plan for Cena when he comes back is to challenge Styles for the Championship title, possibly the TLC event. WWE will play off the idea that Styles has defeated Cena three times in a row.

Like I said, Cena/Styles at the Rumble resulting in Cena's title win.

Cena/Ambrose at Wrestlemania.

klonere

Banned
Oh shit, too late for Shootember but today in 1997, PRIDE held its first event.

A very important promotion for MMA and pro wrestling.

MG310

Yeah, I specifically remember that happening with Umaga and Sean O'Haire.

Zach

I hear rumblings of an alternative submission setting in 2K17. Questions for Kaladin and Friends:

1.) Is it just sweet, sweet button mashing?

2.) Is this in 2K16 and my brother and I just never checked the settings? >_>

I doubt Cena vs Ambrose for 'Mania. If we aren't getting Cena vs Styles in which Cena either ties or beats Flair's record, they gotta be giving us Cena vs Undertaker. Those two matches are definite draws.

Top Bottom