• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath Vita |OT| Something Odd in your pants

I loved the XBOX original - they don't make games like this anymore. Can't afford the Vita version since I pigged out on last week's Unit 13/LBP/Rayman sales, but I did tweet Yoshida a nod your guys' way. He seems to pay attention to Vita developers' efforts more than anyone else at Sony.

Can't believe how small the porting team was, and if this thread and PSN ratings are any indication, you did a great job.

scitek

We wouldn't sell the company, but would be open to projects for them.

I do hope you guys continue to support the PC. I only game there now since my PS3 broke, and I don't know how long into the next console generation it'll be before I bother buying in. (I don't really see the point, to be honest.)

I do hope you guys continue to support the PC. I only game there now since my PS3 broke, and I don't know how long into the next console generation it'll be before I bother buying in. (I don't really see the point, to be honest.)

We will do, but do expect PC releases typically 3months after console versions.

Vitacat

This will be my next Vita purchase.

Just need to actually finish at least one of the expensive Vita DD games I overpaid for (i.e. pretty much bought all the free PS+ Vita games at full price before PS+ happened for Vita) first to justify making room on my card.

SCEE PS+ users have got another few days of 25% off all our PS3 & VITA content... Then we'll be doing a double dipper pack of both the PS3 & VITA version, as well as a fixed discount of 25% to existing double dippers for ALL PSN users.

Still waiting on SCEA confirmation, but it should be the same.

Stewart

PaulLFC

Bought this the other day and I'm loving it. One thing I hope this leads to is more Vita development from JAW, be that games they're already working on or deals with other companies to port/remake games to/for the Vita. If they're of the same quality as Strangers Wrath, it can only be a good thing for the platform.

Famassu

Bought this a couple of weeks ago but Uncharted Platinum kept me busy & I didn't have space on my measly 8GB memory card because of that. Now it's done so I could delete Uncharted to make room for other games. Vita just got done downloading & installing this. Probably will still be a week or two before I actually play it, since I'm trying to see & collect everything in Virtue's Last Reward.

Sallokin

I bought this the other day having never gotten around to the original release. It's awesome. Always happy to have more good games on my Vita.

Bought Abe's Oddysee last night. Looks fantastic on dat OLED and gameplay holds up just fine. They don't make 'em like this anymore...

Zoc

SCEE PS+ users have got another few days of 25% off all our PS3 & VITA content... Then we'll be doing a double dipper pack of both the PS3 & VITA version, as well as a fixed discount of 25% to existing double dippers for ALL PSN users.

Stewart

Vita/PS3 combo packs are the best idea. Sony should be pushing those over simple cross-buy, which no developer will ever make available unless they are owned by Sony and are forced to do so.

Grisby

Finished. Overall I really enjoyed the experience.

Some cons I have include the last level or two being a bit of a slog. The problem is expounded because I kept having trouble hitting my targets. Sometime I would swear the reticule was over the guy but it would miss. I never quite seemed to get a handle on it. And that spider enemy that could stunlock you to death if you were in TP mode was terrible.

Still, this was my first time through Strangers Wrath and I think it holds up really well. Even though I had some aiming troubles it never became too much of a problem. The last third of the game had an awesome twist and the visuals were mostly great throughout.

Needless to say I plan on checking out the other Oddworld experiences.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
A bit of a warning; the other Oddworld games are absolutely brilliant, but they are also totaly different from Stranger's Wrath. Or te be more precise, Stranger is the different one.

Balls-hard puzzle platformers with bit's of lemmings and a social simulator...
...saying that out loud makes me realize even more how Odd and Original those games are :p

Don't know anything about Munch though, looking forward to the Vita release :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
A bit of a warning; the other Oddworld games are absolutely brilliant, but they are also totaly different from Stranger's Wrath. Or te be more precise, Stranger is the different one.

Balls-hard puzzle platformers with bit's of lemmings and a social simulator...
...saying that out loud makes me realize even more how Odd and Original those games are :p

Don't know anything about Munch though, looking forward to the Vita release :)
Munch is like Stranger but much worse. Much, munch worse.
Love the Stranger on PS3 and Vita btw, port/enhancement work on these is simply fantastic. If there was a Mac port, I'd buy it on Steam as well with no hesitation.

minimoke

I'd love to see some new IP using the Stranger's Wrath engine, that said a native vita version of Gravity Crash would be awesome as well:)

Grisby

I want more under-appreciated PS2 or Xbox ports!
If only Star Wars Republic Commando and Phantom Dust were ported I could say I played all of the must play Xbox games (well, the big games of my particular friends circle, along with Stranger Wrath, that I never touched).

Miutsu

Stewart

The SCEA confirmation was about the double pack thing or there was going to be also a 25% discount for PS+ members on your PS3 & VITA content?

KalBalboa

Banned
They reverse-engineered PlayStation All-Stars!

ABE IS IN PASBR!

Edit: Finally started Stranger's Wrath on my Vita earlier tonight. Loving it so far.

The SCEA confirmation was about the double pack thing or there was going to be also a 25% discount for PS+ members on your PS3 & VITA content?

We're still waiting for various SCEA approvals. Some of IDE folks are off until the 7th, so nothing much we can do about that I'm afraid.

Ocaso

If only Star Wars Republic Commando and Phantom Dust were ported I could say I played all of the must play Xbox games (well, the big games of my particular friends circle, along with Stranger Wrath, that I never touched).

Republic Commando, at least, has a PC port.

Just wanted to bump to say how much fun I'm having with this game. Just went through a few levels after putting it down for a while. Was totally able to pick it right back up and remember hwo to play within minutes, which is rare for me. Just got to the part where
you wreck the first town
and I don't intend to put it down again.

I know one of the guys from Just Add Water posts in here some times and I just wanted to say you guys did a great job.

Just wanted to bump to say how much fun I'm having with this game. Just went through a few levels after putting it down for a while. Was totally able to pick it right back up and remember hwo to play within minutes, which is rare for me. Just got to the part where
you wreck the first town
and I don't intend to put it down again.

I know one of the guys from Just Add Water posts in here some times and I just wanted to say you guys did a great job.

Thank you sir :)

We really appreciate it.

The game only gets better, and better and better :)

Tizoc

We're NOT changing the controls, but we ARE going to add an alternate layout, as some folks are enjoying it, and if we changed it peeps might get upset with us.

:)

That's fine, but when can we expect the patch to go live?
Also when is the US Plus discount for the game gonna be? Next week?

That's fine, but when can we expect the patch to go live?
Also when is the US Plus discount for the game gonna be? Next week?

As our programmer only got back from Holiday yesterday, we're aiming for months end on the update, which will have a few things in it.

Stewart

KalBalboa

Banned
As our programmer only got back from Holiday yesterday, we're aiming for months end on the update, which will have a few things in it.

Stewart

Good to hear.

I'm roughly three hours in and really digging it. It's my first time and it holds up well thanks to the strong port and upgrades. The shooting isn't exactly 2013 caliber, but the game is still a great Vita must-have.

Top Bottom