• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath Vita |OT| Something Odd in your pants

Good to hear.

I'm roughly three hours in and really digging it. It's my first time and it holds up well thanks to the strong port and upgrades. The shooting isn't exactly 2013 caliber, but the game is still a great Vita must-have.

What aspect of the shooting would you change?

sudo

Neo Member
We're NOT changing the controls, but we ARE going to add an alternate layout, as some folks are enjoying it, and if we changed it peeps might get upset with us.

:)

Fantastic game and thanks for offering the control option. Any ETA on the patch?

Love the game but find it difficult to keep my fingers off the rear touch :)

Carl

Fantastic game and thanks for offering the control option. Any ETA on the patch?

Love the game but find it difficult to keep my fingers off the rear touch :)

I believe Stewart said they're hoping to have the patch finished within the month

Alec

Stewart, I just want you know that I love what you're doing with Oddworld and I am in\have been in for day 1 purchases on anything and everything you're doing.

And I'm loving the Vita support. :)

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Congrats! A win you most certainly deserved! :)

KalBalboa

Banned
Juuuust finished it.

Really dug the ending. A great gem from yesteryear I'm glad to have finally played.

As for the shooting (someone asked what I would change about it), I think constantly swapping ammo just ruined the rhythm for me. The dual analog controls worked, but I think I miss the modern standards of dead zones, snappiness, zoom-triggers, etc. The FPS controls aren't bad or anything, but I'm also coming off of Max Payne 3 which has stellar shooting controls. This is a game that's pushing a decade in age soon and you can't expect A-class shooting, but it still got the job done.

All in all, it's a great piece of game. Worth every penny, arguably worth more than $15 easily.

Dragun619

Ok, so the Plus Discount is still a go and set to kick off the with the patch, right? This includes both the PS3 & The Vita version? or just the Vita?

Either way, I spent most my left over PSN money on the 13 for 13 sale. Hope I have enough to get Stranger's Wrath.

Apocryphon

Have you guys seen this?!

http://www.original-gamer.com/article/4916-Oddworld-Strangers-Wrath-Review

I think the guy is smoking crack, but jaysus it's a SHIT review... However I can't comment on it, as it would be unprofessional of me to do so... But how about you guys? ;-)

It's a shit review. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the author or site.

Bottom line: once the rear touch issues have been mitigated by the patch, it'll be the best game on the platform.

EDIT: Also, I finish my games design degree in May. Fancy giving me a job at JAW? ;-)

Bottom line: once the rear touch issues have been mitigated by the patch, it'll be the best game on the platform.

EDIT: Also, I finish my games design degree in May. Fancy giving me a job at JAW? ;-)

WOW a job app via NeoGAF ;-)

You're right, also news on the Update either later today or early next week :D

Agreed. I haven't read this entire thread, but from what you said I am assuming that the issue of constantly punching due to touching the rear touch screen is being patched. Thank freaking deity!!! That was the only thing holding up this game from being truly epic.

EDIT: Also, and once again I haven't read the entire thread so if this has been answered I apologize in advance, are their any plans to map going into first person to a button? It is kind of a pain in the arse to double tap the touch screen every time you want to bring up your cross-bow.

Sorry for the delay in responding, but I have some news :)

#1 in SCEE two months running and #3 in SCEA for January WOW we did good... Has any other VITA title been number #1 in any territory 2 months running?

Oh and the patch update is being submitted TOMORROW! To both SCEE and SCEA ;)

OmegaZero

#1 in SCEE two months running and #3 in SCEA for January WOW we did good...Maas any other VITA title been number #1 in any territory 2 months running?

Thanks for the update!
Looking forward to the patch.

Tizoc

Wicked~ So uh can we expect the Plus discount in Feb.?
Also will Abe be given another chance at being in PSABR?

OmegaZero

Wasn't it mentioned in the 'PSABR DLC is cancelled' thread(s)?
Yeah, but Stewart's tweet concerning that was deleted, which could be for a variety of reasons. He could have jumped the gun, or the tweet could have been removed to prevent fan backlash.

Until we get more concrete info or an announcement, I wouldn't worry too much.

Though I remember Stewart mentioning MS wasn't interested or something like that

I thought it was originally something involving the size cap on XBLA games. But then mid-late last year a few news stories popped up saying maybe all hope was not lost for the 360 version, but haven't heard anything since then. Which is a real bummer, my old xbox is dead and I'm not going to upgrade my laptop or buy a PS3 anytime soon.

I thought it was originally something involving the size cap on XBLA games. But then mid-late last year a few news stories popped up saying maybe all hope was not lost for the 360 version, but haven't heard anything since then. Which is a real bummer, my old xbox is dead and I'm not going to upgrade my laptop or buy a PS3 anytime soon.

The size cap was e original reason told us we couldn't be on XBLA, so we approached GoD but they turned us down again, then in th e past six months they told us they'd only allow a sequel (new title) on XBLA.

As it stands we've killed the size of the HD version from 3.2GB to 1.6HD, a new version of which is releasing on the PS3 in mid-March ;)

So the size thing is not a problem it's just MS that are the problem in blocking us with this title.

The size cap was e original reason told us we couldn't be on XBLA, so we approached GoD but they turned us down again, then in th e past six months they told us they'd only allow a sequel (new title) on XBLA.

As it stands we've killed the size of the HD version from 3.2GB to 1.6HD, a new version of which is releasing on the PS3 in mid-March ;)

So the size thing is not a problem it's just MS that are the problem in blocking us with this title.

So if you got it down to 1.6 GB, isn't the XBLA cap 2GB? Get on that! If not then edit a "2" into the title and just add a text blurb at the beginning of the game about how Stranger got caught in a time warp and has to relive the last game over again. Boom, sequel! :p

So if you got it down to 1.6 GB, isn't the XBLA cap 2GB? Get on that! If not then edit a "2" into the title and just add a text blurb at the beginning of the game about how Stranger got caught in a time warp and has to relive the last game over again. Boom, sequel! :p

Haha I think they're approval team would notice the difference, or lack of!

Plus they STILL won't take the title even though its 1.6GB now

#1 in SCEE two months running and #3 in SCEA for January WOW we did good... Has any other VITA title been number #1 in any territory 2 months running?

Yay!!! You da man!!!

So I beat stranger's wrath the other day finally and can easily say that this game should be a must own for any vita owner. I do feel kind of like a wuss though, because I beat the game on easy. I loved the title of the trophy that I got after I beat it!

So are you working on the other Oddworld title as well? Also, I hope there were no repercussions about the PSABR GAF the other day vis-a-vis twitter (although I had nothing to do with it I swear). You have been very cool to the GAF community and I am glad to see you back. I was worried you were going to be pissed at all of us and not come back.

Top Bottom