• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scharlie

Neo Member
A few more:

WJrd6Sb.png

With the rate of bans being handed out over there, ERA must be having a net loss of users... People getting banned left and right for mere disagreement while folks looking from the outside-in are laughing at the state of that forum.

RedVIper

Banned
With the rate of bans being handed out over there, ERA must be having a net loss of users... People getting banned left and right for mere disagreement while folks looking from the outside-in are laughing at the state of that forum.

I'm unsure on the total number of members. But the number of posters has gone down considerably from like 7k to 6k per day.

Shaqazooloo

That's really extreme and sad to see he's so closed-minded. When I first started visiting NeoGaf I thought you guys were being too harsh on him and I didnt know why everybody would hate on him, but over time the more I see from him the more I understood, hell I feel like most times I want to chime in too. Like most of ResetEra, I can't take the guy seriously...

Edit: Actually after having seen his most recent antics I have to assume he's either a troll or parody at this point. The amount of dishonesty and disingenuous nonsense coming from that guy is unreal...

Last edited:

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I lold. I remember when I was young and without a grasp of the real world

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
This is normal behavior right? Encourage some one to go to a Highschool and punch a child?

nxm6nq.jpg

Kagey K

Banned
Oh god here goes.

I don’t remember making the thread, but based on the title I know what I was thinking.

I expect the OP to be non eloquent and confusing.

Meccs

I am now permanently banned over there. This place is totally ridiculous. But I told myself I would not engage in this kind of discussion because there is nothing to gain and I knew how sensitive and small minded those people are and yet I did comment on a thread with a different opinion. I am more angry at myself than anything else. Because what is the point in engaging in a one sided discussion where no other opinion is allowed? There is none. Oh well... I am back at GAF then and will stay in my gaming related OTs from now on.

Edit: to clarify, I was banned for commenting in the Rousey thread and suggesting her not wanting to fight against a trans was a sensible decision. The succeeding perma ban was my own doing.

Last edited:

God Enel

I am now permanently banned over there. This place is totally ridiculous. But I told myself I would not engage in this kind of discussion because there is nothing to gain and I knew how sensitive and small minded those people are and yet I did comment on a thread with a different opinion. I am more angry at myself than anything else. Because what is the point in engaging in a one sided discussion where no other opinion is allowed? There is none. Oh well... I am back at GAF then and will stay in my gaming related OTs from now on.

Welcome back dude. I think you should give the OT a fair chance. Hope you’re going to enjoy your time here more than over there :)

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I am not going to deny your post here, but atleast tell the whole story.

According to this post, you did the following: "User Banned (Permanent): Excusing transphobic rhetoric, tried to circumvent ban with an alt account"

FWIW i do not agree with the first part of the ban, and Kaxi got a duration pending for similar so in that sense your ban is by proxy.

The latter part however i can't confirm since you did not admit this in your post, but doing that would not fly anywhere, neither there nor on GAF.

Papa

Banned
I am not going to deny your post here, but atleast tell the whole story.

According to this post, you did the following: "User Banned (Permanent): Excusing transphobic rhetoric, tried to circumvent ban with an alt account"

FWIW i do not agree with the first part of the ban, and Kaxi got a duration pending for similar so in that sense your ban is by proxy.

The latter part however i can't confirm since you did not admit this in your post, but doing that would not fly anywhere, neither there nor on GAF.

The thot plickens

ksdixon

Sigh. Rousey got me. Empathy for others who feel persecuted to see someone they feel has slighted them aside, I still just do not understand the context of the thread. So what if Rousey is voicing Sonya Blade, within the context of a video game voice over job? That has nothing to do with whatver she's said or believes in, in her own personal life. It certainly isn't "disappointing" or "problematic" of WB/NRS for hiring her because of these past deeds, as if the two are related.

It's more disappointing because the original voice over was better, and I fear we may get some WWE immortals type guest characters as DLC instead of MK characters because of it.

Fuck me for not being on board with the online outrage culture and the modern witch hunt, I guess.

Meccs

Exactly. I couldn't ask for a perma ban because, well... I already was banned. In no way do I complain about the ban being permanent now. I knew this was going to happen. Call it self preservation if you will.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Exactly. I couldn't ask for a perma ban because, well... I already was banned. In no way do I complain about the ban being permanent now. I knew this was going to happen. Call it self preservation if you will.
You can mail the staff actually. Its rather typical that the staff hardly ever makes mention of it but there are multiple email addresses i am aware of that can be used.

It would not be too far fetched to assume they don't make that info more transparent so that users will make an alt so they can ban you permanently.

Still, you should have said that!

Its funny though, their sign up system (atleast last year) is so broken, it even had an option called ''Are you registering as an alt account yes/no?'' or something similar.

Cerium and his team are so gullible to think that people would actually say yes to that question so they can mark these people. Or... tinfoilhatmode... they threw that in so that The Names could have alts to steer a topic in a certain way.

Would explain why Hecht_ERA twitter handle is not much different from GAF_Besada or how Redmercury literally acts like a moderator, or how Enzom21 always asks The Racial Question, which is not too far off from Nepenthe. Or how about Excelsheet...

Speaking of the latter she finally had some self reflection, but obviously its her attempt at being ironic:
''I hear ya though, people with nearly 30,000 posts are super freaks.''

Sigh. Rousey got me. Empathy for others who feel persecuted to see someone they feel has slighted them aside, I still just do not understand the context of the thread. So what if Rousey is voicing Sonya Blade, within the context of a video game voice over job? That has nothing to do with whatver she's said or believes in, in her own personal life. It certainly isn't "disappointing" or "problematic" of WB/NRS for hiring her because of these past deeds, as if the two are related.

It's more disappointing because the original voice over was better, and I fear we may get some WWE immortals type guest characters as DLC instead of MK characters because of it.

Fuck me for not being on board with the online outrage culture and the modern witch hunt, I guess.
Pretty easy really Anything remotely said by someone that could be seen as anti trans is immediately added to the shitlist of senior mods and enforced rigorously as pretty much the entire senior mod team are......drumroll .....trans

Doesn’t matter if it was said 50 years ago....if you don’t follow the line you are gone...no discussion.....no comprimise just their own insecurities and views enforced over the whole forum......because that’s the new progressive movement....like nazis,
...but not nazis as everybody else is a nazi and there is only room for one lot of nazis

ksdixon

I just get tired of the #outrage all the time. If Ronda said something stupid, then she's stupid. That's on Ronda, and it shouldn't impact on anyone else's decision to interact with or work with her. Instead you have people basically calling WB/NRS out for hiring her, as if they now are to be tainted by association as well. I just want MK11 to be good. There's enough crappy game-related-business decisions to ding them on, Rousey saying some bad stuff is a non factor. But that doesn't seem good enough? I don't know, it just seems that because some people are are offended over here for this reason, they have try to make sure everyone knows about it and feels the same way, like in a squeeky-wheel-gets-the-grease/echo chamber kind of way.

Last edited:

Michele

you.
Meccs Meccs , welcome back to the forums! I'm sorry to hear about your permanent ban. At least we have one less user on Era now. Still, it is true that the population, and the registrations amount has indeed declined over time.

Also, oh my god, some new permanent bans. Does anyone feel bad for the users there?

Last edited:

Shin

Banned
Meccs Meccs , welcome back to the forums! I'm sorry to hear about your permanent ban. At least we have one less user on Era now. Still, it is true that the population, and the registrations amount has indeed declined over time.

Also, oh my god, some new permanent bans. Does anyone feel bad for the users there?
No, politely put you reap what you sow.
In other words they did it to themselves and were quick to become a #metoo movement.
GAF is a better place and if mods play their part we'll slowly build it up again, only without the trash.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Man, G Darksouls even says he would consider Ronda a transphobic and still gets banned because he follows it up with him stating that it should be the UFC's decision. If you aren't 100% with the hivemind, you're against them.

Just like a cult.

Last edited:
murder-png.643848

erschool-png.643855

Some random hippie gets in your face and bangs a bongo inches from your ear, and you just stand there peacefully taking it. Because of that, Era wants you and your friends and teachers to literally die in fire.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

murder-png.643848

erschool-png.643855

Some random hippie gets in your face and bangs a bongo inches from your ear, and you just stand there peacefully taking it. Because of that, Era wants you and your friends and teachers to literally die in fire.
Was it a perm or did M43lstr0m get sent off with a week of detention? Link?

With that level of arguing, i wish that everyone who uses a pixelated game avatar that nobody cares about along with anime avatars to go to the nearest park and
4yhlz3zd2h411.jpg

All these Internet Tough Shits but in reality their stories are sadder than having to watch Bambi as punishment for shooting deers as part of your prison sentence.

Funny how a Condom gets nothing. If its the same thread then its duality in play.

Was it a perm or did M43lstr0m get sent off with a week of detention? Link?

With that level of arguing, i wish that everyone who uses a pixelated game avatar that nobody cares about along with anime avatars to go to the nearest park and
4yhlz3zd2h411.jpg

All these Internet Tough Shits but in reality their stories are sadder than having to watch Bambi as punishment for shooting deers as part of your prison sentence.

Funny how a Condom gets nothing. If its the same thread then its duality in play.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sc...ative-american-man.94588/page-2#post-17040660

Duration Pending, but I have a feeling that it will be just a week.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sc...ative-american-man.94588/page-2#post-17042353

Nothing for Condom yet.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Yeah... Redneckerz Redneckerz first thing that got me was that Condom did not get hit with the hammer? Like, he basically enunciated the maelstrom comment. Ah well.
But GAF is worse with this, we should believe the gospel.

Its the new policy to leave the Duration pending on for some time instead of outright sentencing people.

That's good though, people like and follow that guy's posts and videos at DF. If they drive him away and he comes back here, a lot of the remaining sane people who like to talk technology in gaming will come back here too.

He's not going to react though and they will forget about it. DId you see how fast another DF member put out some PR excuse? Amazing on a Sunday. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
They really need that traffic, both sides. That mod will get a trans bitchslap.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
lol they are still mad at a guy who was vocal against Anita Sarkeesian. I thought most of us were finally at a point where we agreed that she was a snake oil saleswoman, but some of these creatures are still clinging onto the fantasy. How dare that gamergator ever appear on any episode with AVGN and it proves that they're all racists! What a delusional world some of these people live in!

also:
Fucking yikes..... This is... just.. wow.
Welp, time to unsubscribe then.

Amazing commentary. This is what we are missing here now that these kinds of people are gone.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
lol they are still mad at a guy who was vocal against Anita Sarkeesian. I thought most of us were finally at a point where we agreed that she was a snake oil saleswoman, but some of these creatures are still clinging onto the fantasy. How dare that gamergator ever appear on any episode with AVGN and it proves that they're all racists! What a delusional world some of these people live in!

also:

Amazing commentary. This is what we are missing here now that these kinds of people are gone.

Someone needs to take that doge meme and put in phrases like “big yikes”, “much wow”.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
That post above is the most NPC post ive ever seen. Used both 'yikes' and 'just wow' in one post!

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I love the "I'm literally shaking right now".
My favourite dumb talk is the “oof”.

What was once a made up word for comic books has now actually become part of the vocabulary for morons. They actually verbalise it. You couldn’t make this shit up.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
My favourite dumb talk is the “oof”.

What was once a made up word for comic books has now actually become part of the vocabulary for morons. They actually verbalise it. You couldn’t make this shit up.

Can't wait for them to say Pow and Blam out loud.

No offense Blam Blam .

Kadayi

Banned

Honestly, it's a Troll account. I don't get why people don't understand that and just leave it to die in a vacuum of silence rather than engage. Pretty much every post is just outrageous statement after outrageous statement, whose sole purpose is to just sucker people in when they could be doing something more productive in terms of posts. I can't believe so many people here take it seriously. Sunk cost bias is a thing, people.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Honestly, it's a Troll account. I don't get why people don't understand that and just leave it to die in a vacuum of silence rather than engage. Pretty much every post is just outrageous statement after outrageous statement, whose sole purpose is to just sucker people in when they could be doing something more productive in terms of posts. I can't believe so many people here take it seriously. Sunk cost bias is a thing, people.

I stopped engaging when I realized the same thing.

Papa

Banned
Resetera just banned a guy for agreeing with them but telling people to be open minded. Dead serious. If someone could reach out to that guy and invite him here that’d be fantastic. I feel bad for the guy, he sounds super intelligent and kind. Guys name is Wowfunhappy in this thread: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ro...cision-by-nrs-check-staff-posts.94189/page-16

“I firmly believe that free speech ≠ free speech in any environment. I love Resetera's heavily moderated discourse. I love safe spaces, as a construct for helping people talk through problems and come to terms with their identities. But that doesn't mean I want the entire world to be moderated in that way.”

Let’s not exaggerate considering he says stuff like the quoted, but overall seems like someone willing to stand up to authoritarianism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom