• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Lol wut?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ho...e-or-not-have-kids.87668/page-4#post-16085323
m2CZSD2.png

Reset dubs this racist, but in real life, I bet these types of comments are very common.
It all depends on what your level of Political Correctness is, coupled with statistics.
The last part reads so over the top i cannot take that seriously.
It is racist.
Is it really? I for one thought it was mild satire. Its a known secret that subtle and not-so-subtle humor is usually lost on the staff there.
That could easily be a crypto miner. Someone should probably look into it if the data is reproducible.
I recall there was actually a cryptominer in place, as this topic was brought up before.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day and this is definitely racist.
Im going to be oddball here then and say i see a satirical component in the given statement.

Shaqazooloo

It doesn't read like satire to me personally, I don't think it went far enough over the top to make it clear that it was meant as a joke. The way it's worded, also gives me the impression the user really believes what he said...

Saruhashi

Banned
It doesn't read like satire to me personally, I don't think it went far enough over the top to make it clear that it was meant as a joke. The way it's worded, also gives me the impression the user really believes what he said...

Yeah, I don't think anyone can argue that it wasn't stereotyping.
Even if it was meant in jest it's still the repetition of the "Asians are good at school" stereotype.

So if you think that kind of stereotyping is racist then the post is racist.

I think a more interesting question is exactly how the racism works in this post.

Roughly, the poster is saying that Asians are:
Super cute
Well behaved
Good at school

So it's nothing hateful or malicious or anything like that. He's stereotyping Asians but it's not like he's doing it in a mean spirited way.

OR is the racism here that he is basically saying that Asians are superior at being cute, well behaved and good at school. In a sense he is being racist to all non-Asians by saying Asians are the best at these things. He's some kind of Asian Supremacist?

It could be both, right? On one hand he is stereotyping Asians and putting unrealistic expectations on an entire race to live up to. On the other hand he is running down all other races by saying Asians are the best at these things.

In the context of ResetEra it has a couple of other interesting angles.

Firstly, the site is supposedly super opposed to Racism. That's a good thing. Racism is bad and should not be tolerated. They only give the guy a one week ban though. They've deemed his statements to be Racist, they have banned him for being Racist, he can come back in a week though, no worries?Are people still not allowed to even talk about Colin Moriarty on the site? Hm. That's interesting.

Be Racist on the supposedly most anti racist message board. Only get banned for a week. Weird.

Secondly, can we predict how would this fly if a poster said something similar but about white kids?
Like if the poster said "I'd rather adopt a white kid because they have Positive Attribute X".
This would surely not be deemed racism against whites.
It could easily be seen as white supremacy.
Somehow I doubt the ban would be 1 week in that instance.

What's not clear to me in the ban is if it's racists because it's a stereotype, if it's racist because the guy is saying Asians are superior or if it's both.
The history of the site implies that if someone said "white kids are the best" then the ban would be more severe and would not be for "stereotyping whites" but rather would be for "promoting white supremacy".

Probably someone should start a "Ban Bait" thread asking if you'd rather your future child was a boy or a girl...

Grinchy

Banned
Hrrm, so the theory about Resetera being a cryptominer is surfacing.. I don't like the feeling.
I'm in the weird minority who wouldn't mind allowing a site I use consistently to use a very reasonable amount of my resources for crypto mining. The problem is when sites try to do it secretly and then also fail at how much of a user's resources they consume and get caught. Then they can fuck right off.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a thread you all should like, lots of people complaining about the hostility and negativity on Era. Surprised the mods have left it up so long.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-with-all-of-the-negativity-lately.88334/

Hrrm, so the theory about Resetera being a cryptominer is surfacing.. I don't like the feeling.

The CPU usage thing ended up being a problem with an Ad provider.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we...hread-for-updates.84593/page-70#post-16143025

Redneckerz

Maybe, but generalising on a stereotype is not always negative or harmful. Often just light humour, my Asian friends always joke around they are shithouse drivers. We laugh.
The whole automatically part is what made me think its sarcasm.

What feeling?

Probably someone should start a "Ban Bait" thread asking if you'd rather your future child was a boy or a girl...
Perhaps we should move on from ERA. :) We have our community, they have theirs: Most folks from either side don't accept the other, and the other one is a moron. :3.

ERA is just falling in the same trap that killed OldGAF. Since they don't want to learn or listen, why not grab the popcorn and launch the fireworks.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Speaking of another community, There is currently a growing thread on the Fallout76 subreddit that is actively calling multiple YouTubers out.

Boss Mog

The islam defense force is alive and well on Era I see: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny...-citizens-to-shake-hands.88381/#post-16145874

How dare a civilized country ask it's new citizens to shake hands. I'll never understand what twisted logic these people use to justify supporting a faith that treats women like less than shit and throws gays from rooftops while claiming to be feminist and lgbt allies.

Scandinavian countries should clearly show more respect and tolerance for islam because when Scandinavian people go visit an islamic country they're treated so amazing well.

Ribi

The islam defense force is alive and well on Era I see: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny...-citizens-to-shake-hands.88381/#post-16145874

How dare a civilized country ask it's new citizens to shake hands. I'll never understand what twisted logic these people use to justify supporting a faith that treats women like less than shit and throws gays from rooftops while claiming to be feminist and lgbt allies.

Scandinavian countries should clearly show more respect and tolerance for islam because when Scandinavian people go visit an islamic country they're treated so amazing well.
but but but NINJA WONT PLAY WITH WOMEN HES A SEXIST BIGOT PIG!!!

same people, " If they dont want to interact with women let them be!"

SaviourMK2

It sure didn't take long before Trump was blamed :messenger_tears_of_joy:

To be fair. If you where forced to be driven by an asshole who likes to drive on the opposite side of the highway with no say on if you even wanted the ride, you'd be pretty stressed out and negative too

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
To be fair. If you where forced to be driven by an asshole who likes to drive on the opposite side of the highway with no say on if you even wanted the ride, you'd be pretty stressed out and negative too

lol Jesus Christ how traumatic that Trump is

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah that would be insane if that was actually happening to someone somewhere.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
It sure didn't take long before Trump was blamed :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Meh, it's just short hand for saying how the shitty, toxic political environment has made so many people on both sides bitter, negative and increasingly tribal and hateful toward others. The alt right bigot types are emboldened to be more public with their assholery and the far left crazies are in full on panic mode from being triggered and on edge all the time and viewing everyone as enemies. The shit really started with Gamergate, but the 2016 election and rise of far right parties/people in other places was just more fuel on the fire. It's really ruined discourse on gaming forums. Everywhere is way more negative and hostile than it was before then, much less from 10+ years back when fanboy nonsense was the only real annoyance on game forums as things weren't all politicized then. Now it's just pick your poison of which side of assholes you want to suffer through/ignore to just shoot the shit about games.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Meh, it's just short hand for saying how the shitty, toxic political environment has made so many people on both sides bitter, negative and increasingly tribal and hateful toward others. The alt right bigot types are emboldened to be more public with their assholery and the far left crazies are in full on panic mode from being triggered and on edge all the time and viewing everyone as enemies. The shit really started with Gamergate, but the 2016 election and rise of far right parties/people in other places was just more fuel on the fire. It's really ruined discourse on gaming forums. Everywhere is way more negative and hostile than it was before then, much less from 10+ years back when fanboy nonsense was the only real annoyance on game forums as things weren't all politicized then. Now it's just pick your poison of which side of assholes you want to suffer through/ignore to just shoot the shit about games.

Shit started loooong before GamerGate was even a twinkle in anyone's eye. You are also putting way too much blame on the "alt-right" in gaming. This shit started in gaming because of the growing far-left's control within the gaming media which had begun before the 2016 election or GamerGate in general (hell, I remember seeing this shit back in '10-'12).

mekes

Sounds like console wars 😂

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Clarification: You are talking different things.
Unequal (or different) is a symmetric relation, so it makes sense to say "we are talking different things", because "you are talking different things" and "I am talking different things" are interchangable.
You think it is sexual harrassment and you aren't moving an inch from even a softened view. You think you are reasoning with logic here, but you are forfeiting common sense and reality in doing so.
Putting common sense over logic is not a good idea.
Then why for the ever-loving heck are you continuing this story and persisting that yes, it must be sexual harrassment?
I am saying that the story that was described is a case of sexual harrassment. I am doing so, because that notion was ridiculed. Outside of you, I haven't seen anyone discussing whether the story accurately describes the events at the company, but merely downright rejections of the claim that what has been described qualifies as sexual harrassment. Since the story clearly matches the defining criteria for sexual harrassment, I continue to maintain that position. If you disagree, I would like to see the definition you are working with. I am uninterested in discussing whether the story describes a real event at the company of the Resetera poster, because there are no interesting arguments to be had here.

Yoshi

Definition of racism:
"prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. "

As long as someone is willing to back a claim with facts, I do not believe making certain generalizations to be wrong.
Using the definitions of prejudice and discrimination from the same source:
Prejudice: "Preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience. "
Discrimination: "The unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex. "
we can see that the definition is met pretty clearly with one exception: the part where it says "based on the belief that one's own race is superior" (unless the author is asian). This specific part is non-standard and I would argue not a good idea to include either. E.g. Merriam-Webster defines racism as "a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race" or "racial prejudice or discrimination " (there is a third definition but it is talking about political systems, so different semantical universe here).

Also note that the very website you quote has an alternative definition of racism that is actually applicable: "The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races." You see this is so clearly applicable that I have to question how honest you were with your selective quoting of Oxford Dictionary.

The posting was blatantly racist and I am surprised, actually, that it was merely met with a one week ban. Your later arguments that you hear such things daily is not a good argument (you could probably hear racist stuff on an hourly basis if you were in Germany in the early fourties), and on top of that indicates that there might be some issues with the people you converse with.

Redneckerz

Yoshi Yoshi , would you really want me to spend half an afternoon making the point when the last time i did this, the person that liked your posts has yet to answer?

Ill respond more eloquently later on, i am just asking if its really worth your and my time.

Yoshi

@Yoshi, would you really want me to spend half an afternoon making the point when the last time i did this, the person that liked your posts has yet to answer?
You know, he did not answer to my posting on that either. I usually am pretty responsive and when I am not that's because of timing issues (so sorry in particular Papa Papa for a lack of response to his statement about politics; what I would have said is that your positions sound pretty strongly aligned to the European liberals (e.g. FDP), which is part of the right wing in Germany). I think it is unfair to make decisions on answers to me based on the posting behaviour of Nobody_Important Nobody_Important . And to be fair to him, I am pretty sure he announced beforehand he is done with the topic.

EDIT: If you want to discuss whether the situation described in the posting actually happened, then no, it is not worth anyone's time as I have clearly stated I am absolute not interested in whether it is a real event. Anything else I will respond to though.

Last edited:

Dunki

You know, he did not answer to my posting on that either. I usually am pretty responsive and when I am not that's because of timing issues (so sorry in particular Papa Papa for a lack of response to his statement about politics; what I would have said is that your positions sound pretty strongly aligned to the European liberals (e.g. FDP), which is part of the right wing in Germany). I think it is unfair to make decisions on answers to me based on the posting behaviour of Nobody_Important Nobody_Important . And to be fair to him, I am pretty sure he announced beforehand he is done with the topic.

EDIT: If you want to discuss whether the situation described in the posting actually happened, then no, it is not worth anyone's time as I have clearly stated I am absolute not interested in whether it is a real event. Anything else I will respond to though.
WHAT the FDP is right wing? I think i clearly missed when this did happen. It is a liberal party that is in the center. There is nothing right wing about this political group.....

I think people need to stop saying such bullshit. Maybe that is also why the phrase everyone is a nazi i do not like comes from. No they are not. Not even the AFD are nazis. They are on the edge of right wing for sure but they are also no nazis.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

I did say I was done, but he kept spamming me mentions and harassing me about that particular post so I promised Neckers at some point over the weekend I will respond to his post so he will leave me alone about it and THEN I am done regardless what anyone has to say after I respond to it. I have already wasted more time on that particular argument then I would have liked.

And to be honest I didn't even see your post. It must of gotten lost in my notifications. I can respond to yours too at the same time if you would like and we can have a back and forth if you want. Can you link it to me if you do?

Last edited:

Ellis

Do ResetEra bother to reply back when you email about a ban received?

Got a first ban (perma) and have no idea why other than making a couple of posts against the site redesign a while back.

Absolutely pathetic moderation.

Ellis

Found the post.

This is their reasoning for a permanent ban. Jesus Christ!
My post history says otherwise to what I'm being accused of.

028h8M7.png

Last edited:

Yoshi

WHAT the FDP is right wing? I think i clearly missed when this did happen. It is a liberal party that is in the center. There is nothing right wing about this political group.....

I think people need to stop saying such bullshit. Maybe that is also why the phrase everyone is a nazi i do not like comes from. No they are not. Not even the AFD are nazis. They are on the edge of right wing for sure but they are also no nazis.
Right wing as the CDU, not right wing as in Nazi. It is a party of the political right in Germany, similar to how the Greens are a party of the political left, neither of which is an extremist party. To avoid such misunderstandings as yours (I assume you read my "right-wing" as "far right"?), it is common to use the term "Bürgerliche" as the denominator for the opposite of "left" instead in Germany.

I did say I was done, but he kept spamming me mentions and harassing me about that particular post so I promised Neckers at some point over the weekend I will respond to his post so he will leave me alone about it and THEN I am done regardless what anyone has to say after I respond to it. I have already wasted more time on that particular argument then I would have liked.

And to be honest I didn't even see your post. It must of gotten lost in my notifications. I can respond to yours too at the same time if you would like. Can you link it to me if you do?
If you feel you have something to say about that, then I would be interested, but it is also completely fine if you do not respond to it. I was aware that you had already indicated your disinterest in discussing this any further, so it certainly was my risk to invest time into discussing that point. Please do not respond to just because you feel pushed to it by me, it is not my intention to "squeeze out" a response from someone. Forum discussions cease to be fun if people feel forced to write answers and if I gave you that feeling, then I am sorry about it.

Yoshi

Got a first ban (perma) and have no idea why other than making a couple of posts against the site redesign a while back.

Absolutely pathetic moderation.
I have received three non permanent bans before my permanent ban and when I had questions about that, they were answered well. A question regarding my permanent ban (when it was still "duration pending") was ignored though. You can just try, I guess? If your ban was actually given in error they might reconsider.

Nobody_Important

If you feel you have something to say about that, then I would be interested, but it is also completely fine if you do not respond to it. I was aware that you had already indicated your disinterest in discussing this any further, so it certainly was my risk to invest time into discussing that point. Please do not respond to just because you feel pushed to it by me, it is not my intention to "squeeze out" a response from someone. Forum discussions cease to be fun if people feel forced to write answers and if I gave you that feeling, then I am sorry about it.

Well like I said I don't even know what you said since I missed it lol If you link it I will give it a once over when I have more time over the weekend.

Ellis

I have received three non permanent bans before my permanent ban and when I had questions about that, they were answered well. A question regarding my permanent ban (when it was still "duration pending") was ignored though. You can just try, I guess? If your ban was actually given in error they might reconsider.

It's already activated as permanent. Never had a warning or ban on there before.

Just find it strange considering I haven't given them any reason to do so.

Only thing I can see being the cause of the ban are a couple of complaints about the redesign. Never got a reply to those comments though. They were also perfectly valid too.

I can't see my post history any more to find them.

Last edited:
Found the post.

This is their reasoning for a permanent ban. Jesus Christ!
My post history says otherwise to what I'm being accused of.

028h8M7.png

I think it's worth noting here that our members were a bit critical of certain aspects of our new forum design. In response, within just a few days, we were given an option for the classic design. That should tell you everything right there.

Welcome to NeoGAF, and I hope you enjoy your stay. Love the avatar.

Yoshi

Well like I said I don't even know what you said since I missed it lol If you link it I will give it a once over when I have more time over the weekend.
I was talking about this posting. If you haven't read it, then it would be nice if you did that at least.
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/off-...ep-it-in-here.1462647/page-139#post-253631976
It's already activated as permanent. Never had a warning or ban on there before.

Just find it strange considering I haven't given them any reason to do so.

Only thing I can see being the cause of the ban are a couple of complaints about the redesign. Never got a reply to those comment though.
Well, just try, but if it were several postings / PMs about it, then it was probably not a ban in error, so I doubt they'd want to reconsider. Maybe they would be willing to change from permanent to timed though, if it is your first punishment of any kind?

Ellis

I think it's worth noting here that our members were a bit critical of certain aspects of our new forum design. In response, within just a few days, we were given an option for the classic design. That should tell you everything right there.

Welcome to NeoGAF, and I hope you enjoy your stay. Love the avatar.

Thank you. and Merry Christmas!

Dunki

Right wing as the CDU, not right wing as in Nazi. It is a party of the political right in Germany, similar to how the Greens are a party of the political left, neither of which is an extremist party. To avoid such misunderstandings as yours (I assume you read my "right-wing" as "far right"?), it is common to use the term "Bürgerliche" as the denominator for the opposite of "left" instead in Germany.
THE CDU is not right anymore, they is left centrist. The only part of the CDU that can be considered right is the CSU. And with Merkel Lover AKK this will not change and the AFD will gain even more voters. Why do you think they lose so many people. Back then it was stated that no other political group should go further right than the CDU but with Merkel their ideology has changed therefore the AFD got into play. The SPD also lost a lot of voters and members because the SPD went even further left than the CDU. And with this move they lost their stand and have become meaningless.

The FDP always was liberal and center. The switch of the CDU did not change this.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

When I caught my first 2 bans they were very responsive to my questions and complaints. On another occasion I was actually able to get my 3 day ban dismissed entirely after I pointed it out that it was a simple misunderstanding and explained what I had actually meant.

Last edited:

Yoshi

THE CDU is not right anymore, they is left centrist. The only part of the CDU that can be considered right is the CSU. And with Merkel Lover AKK this will not change and the AFD will gain even more voters. Why do you think they lose so many people. Back then it was stated that no other political group should go further right than the CDU but with Merkel their ideology has changed therefore they AFD got into play. THe SPD also lost a lot of voters and members because the SPD went even further left than the CDU.

The FDP always was liberal and center. The switch of the CDU did not change this.
The CDU is right-wing, even if Merkel made a very limited amount of decisions that are atypical for the CDU (specifically: ending nuclear energy as the greens and SPD had planned originally, after Fukushima happened, inviting migrants that could have been rejected during the migration crisis), but this was always in situations where she felt forced due to special outside factors. It is not indicative of an overall policy change. If you look into their treatment of renewable energy, relation of state and church, stances on health care and social security, taxes, homosexuality, solidarity within the EU and so on, they are clearly right-wing. Any further left-oriented decisions in Merkel's tenure were solely enforced by the SPD and you cannot assign changes on the behalf of SPD to CDU.

Calling advocating for flat taxes, further deregulation of the financial markets, destroying social security systems, strictly opposing support of ecological advances and privatising social insurances center is pretty wild though. That's not a position that is in-between left and right. On financial issues they are usually further to the right than CDU / CSU and for more than 20 years, financial issues have been basically all they have cared about.

Also lol at the SPD moving to the left. When compared to the time they drastically reduced social security in German (Hart 4) and reduced top income tax rates for the rich, they have very slightly moved to the left, but those moves were very much opposed to their programme back then already and the Hartz reforms came in a situation of severe pressure, similar to how the two left leaning decisions of Merkel have.

Dunki

The CDU is right-wing, even if Merkel made a very limited amount of decisions that are atypical for the CDU (specifically: ending nuclear energy as the greens and SPD had planned originally, after Fukushima happened, inviting migrants that could have been rejected during the migration crisis), but this was always in situations where she felt forced due to special outside factors. It is not indicative of an overall policy change. If you look into their treatment of renewable energy, relation of state and church, stances on health care and social security, taxes, homosexuality, solidarity within the EU and so on, they are clearly right-wing. Any further left-oriented decisions in Merkel's tenure were solely enforced by the SPD and you cannot assign changes on the behalf of SPD to CDU.

Calling advocating for flat taxes, further deregulation of the financial markets, destroying social security systems, strictly opposing support of ecological advances and privatising social insurances center is pretty wild though. That's not a position that is in-between left and right. On financial issues they are usually further to the right than CDU / CSU and for more than 20 years, financial issues have been basically all they have cared about.

Also lol at the SPD moving to the left. When compared to the time they drastically reduced social security in German (Hart 4) and reduced top income tax rates for the rich, they have very slightly moved to the left, but those moves were very much opposed to their programme back then already and the Hartz reforms came in a situation of severe pressure, similar to how the two left leaning decisions of Merkel have.

The vast majority of people do not agree with this. As for homosexuality even if Merkel was personally against it she still agreed to it. In the end they were the factor for the Ehe für alle. The CSU is still right wing for sure but that is not the CDU in the end. And they are left on all aspect be it climate change, migration social welfare etc.

They want to reduce hartz 4 which by the way is fucking disgusting if you ever had the need to live from it, to have a social permanent income which in the end is even more ridiculous.

Yoshi

The vast majority of people do not agree with this.
The vast majority of people who identify right-wing solely based on migration policies and are far right on that issue, maybe. But that's not the majority of people overall.
As for homosexuality even if Merkel was personally against it she still agreed to it. In the end they were the factor for the Ehe für alle.
They were not. Merkel slipped in an interview, she never wanted the vote, she just did not want it to be a strong point against CDU/CSU because being opposed to gay marriage was a minority opinion and all potential partners for a coalition outside of the SPD have made gay marraige a condition to form a coalition already. The SPD then went rogue and abused her mistake to enforce an open vote, where even if every single CDU member had voted against gay marriage (which was impossible anyway, because there are gay people interested in marriage in the CDU block) it would have easily gotten the necessary majority. You are absolutely misrepresenting what happened here.
And they are left on all aspect be it climate change, migration social welfare etc.
Maybe left of you, but not left of center.
They want to reduce hartz 4 which by the way is fucking disgusting if you ever had the need to live from it, to have a social permanent income which in the end is even more ridiculous.
I do not understand this sentence.

Dunki

The vast majority of people who identify right-wing solely based on migration policies and are far right on that issue, maybe. But that's not the majority of people overall.
They were not. Merkel slipped in an interview, she never wanted the vote, she just did not want it to be a strong point against CDU/CSU because being opposed to gay marriage was a minority opinion and all potential partners for a coalition outside of the SPD have made gay marraige a condition to form a coalition already. The SPD then went rogue and abused her mistake to enforce an open vote, where even if every single CDU member had voted against gay marriage (which was impossible anyway, because there are gay people interested in marriage in the CDU block) it would have easily gotten the necessary majority. You are absolutely misrepresenting what happened here.
Maybe left of you, but not left of center.

I do not understand this sentence.
Except islam I am very liberal equality for everyone etc. I am also for a death sentence for special cases ad deportation of criminal migrants no matter if they would be killed in their country or not. They had their chance. If they think they can murder or rape people here then they are wrong. I am also for deportation of everyone who believes in Sharia law. I am against religious symbols in gov, institutions including schools (and every symbol cross included)

I want a migration system like in Canada in the end.

And with CDU being right wing I always go witht the philosophy of their leader and in my opinion Merkel is far away from the left as well as AKK who loves Merkel. Nothing will change there in the end. But since I have nothing to fear of the AFD I will just watch until the current political parties have ruined Germany (already happening I give the whole system 5 years max if they continue)

As for the last part: Soziales Grundeinkommen. That is what the SPD wants instead of Hartz 4.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
The posting was blatantly racist and I am surprised, actually, that it was merely met with a one week ban. Your later arguments that you hear such things daily is not a good argument (you could probably hear racist stuff on an hourly basis if you were in Germany in the early fourties), and on top of that indicates that there might be some issues with the people you converse with.
What if I told you all races talk like this?
Blacks, whites, Asian, Native, ALL make generalizations about each other based off differing experiences. Like I said, you need to be living in a PC bubble if you actually believe no one makes comments about each others races based off how they interact with each other.

I'm also not sure how you made a connection to 1940s Germany. Are you saying all Germans back then were racist? Do you really know what their views of people were back then?
Because for example, Germans had a completely different view of Black people then even the people they went to war with.

Yoshi said:
Also note that the very website you quote has an alternative definition of racism that is actually applicable: "The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races." You see this is so clearly applicable that I have to question how honest you were with your selective quoting of Oxford Dictionary.

There is an ethnic group in Asia who have evolved a larger lung capacity that enables them to dive under water for a long term. Would it be "racist" to point out how one group of people naturally have a better way of conserving oxygen, then all other groups on earth? If so, explain.

Last edited:

Yoshi

What if I told you all races talk like this?
Blacks, whites, Asian, Native, ALL make generalizations about each other based off differing experiences. Like I said, you need to be living in a PC bubble if you actually believe no one makes comments about each others races based off how they interact with each other.
What if I told you people of all races can be racist?
I'm also not sure how you made a connection to 1940s Germany. Are you saying all Germans back then were racist? Do you really know what their views of people were back then?
Because for example, Germans had a completely different view of Black people then even the people they went to war with.
No, not all of them, but a significant number - likely the majority, including the whole government. Press also had to conform to the racist national ideology.
There is an ethnic group in Asia who have evolved a larger lung capacity that enables them to dive under water for a long term. Would it be "racist" to point out how one group of people naturally have a better way of conserving oxygen, then all other groups on earth? If so, explain.
No, because this is a substantiated claim.

JordanN

Banned
What if I told you people of all races can be racist?

Ooooh, you may finally be on to something.

DearestGranularAldabratortoise-small.gif

Now remove the "can" part and start filling in the blanks.

Yoshi said:
No, not all of them, but a significant number - likely the majority, including the whole government. Press also had to conform to the racist national ideology.
So you're saying most germans were racist, despite not having met all of them? Isn't that.... racist?

Even in government, there were still Nazi members who didn't particularly follow propaganda. One of the most famous being Oskar Schlinder.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Schindler

Yoshi said:
No, because this is a substantiated claim.

Edit: I wont derail this thread but I'll say this,

What if I told you people substantiate claims by talking about their experience? Or how about when I mentioned a few posts up about statistics/news articles?

For example, you can definitely find out how different races perform in education, even after controlling for income levels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom