• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Britney Spears CIRCUS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly I agree, Britney is probably my least favorite album too.

It's got two of my absolute OMG-favorite Britney songs on it (Cinderella and Bombastic Love), but the rest never blew me away as much as the other albums. I still love it, but it's near the bottom of the totem pole.

You've gotta listen to Baby one day! Even if the bubblegum teeny pop isn't your cup of tea, I insist! :D Born To Make You Happy, Thinkin' About You, I Will Be There, BOMT, etc. Such a great, unforgettable album.

I hope that Britney performs at the VMAs. She could perform Radar, but I would rather something entirely new. Maybe she could perform the rumored song that is going to be on her Collections album later this year? Oh, and wow at her seventh studio album having a release date of Spring 2010. I'm looking forward to it.

Yeah, I'd love for her to do something special to mark a decade since her first VMA appearance.

But I'd definitely understand if it doesn't happen. Next month, she's got shows on the 8th, 9th, 11th, and 12th in the Midwest before the VMAs on the 13th...and then the next show after that is back in Oklahoma on the 15th.

It's possible, but the majority of her VMA performances haven't looked like sets that could have happened with such little pre-show preparation than she'd seemingly have this year.

I'm just so glad she's touring that I don't mind the VMAs taking a backseat, but hopefully she'll be there looking awesome to represent her nominations. I read that the bikini shoot I posted the other day may have been for some sort of VMA video, and that'd be cool too.

I reaaaaally hope that Spring '10 estimated date holds up for the upcoming album. I still wonder if having a single represent that singles collection would signal that not happening. Probably not, but I'd prefer that the singles set come out with no new big single release - and just save it all for the upcoming album.

Don't forget, Britney at the Teen Choice Awards airs tonight where Britney will accept the Ultimate Choice Award.

The show was recorded last night, she looked excellent. Miley Cyrus presented her with the award, called Britney the ultimate TCA star and her hero, and they showed a little montage of Britney videos.

2cqn211.jpg

2vtctaw.jpg

qrewqf.jpg

You can see a little fan recording of her receiving the award here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7p2FthCY2es#t=02m36s

Not much of a speech or anything, just a quick thank you and God bless.

Britney looked stunning at the Teen Choice Awards. :)

I didn't know that she was touring on dates that surrounded the date of the VMAs. Due to that, I agree with you that it wouldn't be possible for her to prepare for a performance. Although, she could shock us. It's Britney, anything is possible. I also agree with you that her actually touring is a very good thing. About the Singles Collection not having a new single on it, I too would just like to not have that, and have a new single from her new album instead. It would lengthen the wait, and make hearing a new single from a studio album even more awesome.

lastinline said:
Britney looked stunning at the Teen Choice Awards. :)

Yeah, she really did. She sure seemed to be in a hurry to get in and out of there but she looked incredible.

I didn't know that she was touring on dates that surrounded the date of the VMAs. Due to that, I agree with you that it wouldn't be possible for her to prepare for a performance. Although, she could shock us. It's Britney, anything is possible. I also agree with you that her actually touring is a very good thing. About the Singles Collection not having a new single on it, I too would just like to not have that, and have a new single from her new album instead. It would lengthen the wait, and make hearing a new single from a studio album even more awesome.

I totally agree. Any new Britney single is awesome news, but the best part is knowing there's a new album coming hot on the heels of it. That made Gimme More and Womanizer so much more exciting, even though they were fantastic singles already.

One factor I didn't really consider is Radar. It seems to have hit the radio wall, still in the Top 40 at #32, with sales still weak as it's only peaked at #102 on Billboard's Hot 100 (its current position). Shattered Glass remains the fourth highest-charting song from Circus after its peak at #70 the week Circus was released, only being outsold by Womanizer and Circus individually that week.

Perhaps its lack of a real explosion might be all the more reason to finish off 2009 with a bang and another stab at a hot Britney single? Or perhaps The Singles Collection won't be released with much fanfare or promotion, like B In The Mix, letting the next new Britney material hit in 2010 with a new album? Who knows, lots of possibilities.

I'll take whatever we get, but it's fun to speculate in the meantime...especially when we KNOW new material is being worked on to drop at SOME point.

Well, I read online that Unusual You is going to be added to the Circus tour. People are speculating that because of this, Unusual You might be the fifth single. Now, if that would happen, I would be really happy and on top of the world. Unusual You is one of my favorite songs on the Circus CD. Would it make an impact at radio and do better than Radar, I have no idea. I would really like it to, so that way it could end the Circus era on a great note. It just would have to have an amazing video, because I think the video for Radar is the reason why Radar isn't doing so good. Radar is an awesome song, but the video just made it blah.

Mau ®

A credible french site reported Unusual You is the fifth and final single off Circus. Like you lastinline UU is my favorite track off Circus and shows a side of Britney we have not seen since ITZ: vulnerability. And this time it could play well on audiences sicne we all she's been through hell and back (and UU makes references to this).

They're adding 2 new songs to the setlist. Unusual You has been thrown around for a while now (like Mannequin was at the time) so Im pretty sure it is. Hopefully it will be a dreamy/surreal performance like Touch of my Hand, which was removed from the setlist and its one of the biggest travesties of the tour since it is my favorite part of the show.

Britney is one of the few artists whose songs are so inextricably connected to her image (in this case music videos) that if the music video is not good, the song is less likely to chart high. Britney's biggest hits are accompanied by amazing music videos, which only made the impact of the song bigger (BOMT, Slave, Toxic, Womanizer). So I think that plays into radar's flopping... well that and it being a 2yo song from another album!

Holy shit, I had no idea TOMH had been removed from the set. That sucks. :lol

I'm glad I know now, I would have been bummed by that surprise at the concert.

I've been 110% wary of the idea of Unusual You as a single from day one, but it's worth a shot. It's definitely a different direction as a Britney single as both of you guys said, and ITZ you may be right that something more sensitive from Britney might be welcomed.

So it's cool that we may have a fifth Circus single coming, but if Britney and some Jive exec are gathered around a laptop doing their daily GAFfing, I've got two words: Shattered. Glass. :D

Mau ®

Jordin>>>>>>Ciara

I only know one song from Ciara (1,2 step) and Ive heard some and none have stuck with me.

Jordin's first album was effin' good IMO. New album is quite generic tho. But Im quite happy with this change.

I've tried to embrace the change, so I watched her sing SOS on Regis & Kelly this morning.

Honestly I'd rather K-Fed earn that paycheck and drop some Popozao. I'm glad not everyone is bummed about it, though. Hopefully the crowd has fun.

Mau ®

Yeah it was awkward. Some funny stuff here and there (lol custome changes in between press conferences) but mostly awkward. Everytime she finished a line she just stood there looking all sorts of "lets get this shit done" lol

Anyway. Im totally avoiding this thread (and any britney site) until after my show (Sept 18-Dallas). I dont know if there will be a new number or whatever, but Im sure there will be some changes so I dont want to spoil it like with everything Brit related. :lol

I know ITZ is ignoring Britney-Age for the time being, but for the rest of y'all, the North American leg kicked off last night. Make your plans now, get there, live it. :)

I watched a few of the songs on YouTube and honestly IMHO this show looked like it was probably her best of the tour. From the performances to the couple of outfit/hair changes, everything looked on point.

The Womanizer performance is usually regarded as the weakest of the set, but it was really fun and energetic this time. Same basic setup, with more polish and better execution. Exciting stuff.

I'm less than two weeks away from my show, but just like last time, I'm having some issues with the arrangements. :lol Never fails. My ass will be there, though.

1 week away for me. Week up in NH, coming back Saturday-day to see the show at night. Toy Soldier is hyping this for me, since my cousin won't, haha. :lol

Awesome! Please do give us a recap of what the VIP treatment is like (didn't you mention getting backstage/VIP seats with the cousin in the band?). Plus, I'd just love to hear what you thought of the whole spectacle itself. It's really dazzling, and I think you'll agree...even though you're not a huge Britney fan as it is, I think Britney Spears is an experience that'll get your heart pumping.

Do you plan on taking a camera? If so, you know what I'm gonna say next: hopefully you'll share the photos you take, the more the better.

Hey Toy, yeah my cousin is in the band and plays the keyboard and yeah he E-Mailed me letting me know my girlfriend and I were all set for Saturday and what door we should meet him at. I plan on taking my iPhone, but I'll get my girlfriend to take her camera and I'll take some awesome pictures of everything.

It's getting pretty hyped up here in Boston as I'm seeing ad's for the show, as well as contests for winning tickets on radio stations every second of everyday, which is really really good. :D I'll post here Saturday night right after the show, but I can't guarantee pictures. I might take the camera back to my house to post here, or wait until the next morning to get them from her to upload.

I've been listening to the Circus album at home and on my iPod since June now, I think I'm ready, haha.

314ccv9.jpg

There he is on the left, and this was taken from his Facebook Britney 2009 tour album.

Mau ®

red shoe paul said:
I've been listening to the Circus album at home and on my iPod since June now, I think I'm ready, haha.

I would recommend listening to Blackout as well. The tour focuses much more on Blackout (and in the zone lol) than Circus.

Yeah couldnt help it! =S

Very cool! Your post-show recap will certainly be appreciated - I hope you guys have a great time, and I think you will. The word after tonight's show at MSG was REALLY positive, everyone seems to think it was leaps ahead of last time.

Not surprising, considering how great the videos from the Ottawa show looked the other night. Looks like this second US leg will be even better than the first, knock on wood. :D

16a7jf9.jpg

346q5mv.jpg

*Pictures from my girlfriends camera will be up until 1pmish.*

Alright, I just got back and here it goes! My girlfriend and I met up with my cousin at the artist door around the back at 7pm. Catched up in minor things and saw his Mom and Dad whom I haven't seen in literally years (17+ years) which was really nice. We went through backstage to our seats (10th row to the side of the stage so we can easily watch my cousin rock out on the keyboard.) It was only what he could get, since my girlfriend and I didn't really want to stand on the floor for the whole time, because we could've done that.

2sbr09u.jpg

We sat through the 3 minor acts which was:

Kristinia Debarge
One Call
Jordin Sparks

They were ok. Now on to Britney.

The opening was in-fucking-sane. Ok the video playing with Perez was so sick it gave me goosebumps on how well it was done. The acting/directing/editing was easily one of my favorites throughout the show. The Big Apple Circus came out and did some sweet tricks and stuff that involved Mighty Mike (met him backstage) and some other acts that made my jaw drop.

Opening song was 'Circus' in which obviously hyped the shit out of everyone. Second was 'If U Seek Amy' and the costume change for the song literally happened right after I blinked or something, cause it was so damn fast. Can't remember the next songs, then she played 'Radar' and I was all set, I only needed to hear 'Toxic' & 'Womanizer' and I would be happy. Another video montage of Britney came on the screen as well as Marilyn Manson's version of Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) in which Britney's band played that cover.

More Circus people came out and did their thing, then Britney came out, and played a song where her dancers had booby tassels on, hanging from huge picture frames and stuff, it was awesome. Then she plays 'Hit Me Baby One More Time' and I was like WTF, old school. :D The lights dimmed, people freaked out, then she sang 'Womanizer' in some dope ass police uniform and it ruled. The concert ended. All her themed outfits were so unbelievable, specially her Arabian(?) one which was all sparkles and a nice Aqua color. The magic and acrobatics in the show and throughout songs were seriously intense and I never had seen anything like it before, which was neat. I was honestly saying 'holy shit' every 10 seconds and whatever was happening.

After the concert I walked down a few rows to talk to my family while I see my cousin run from his setup to see us. We took a picture of just me and him and we walked backstage with him, and while he changed, we talked and headed out to see his bus with the rest of the people in it, which was cool.

28w165k.jpg

My girlfriend sang and danced a little throughout the concert because she loves it and is outgoing like that, but most of the girls there were absolutely insane. Their throats MUST be killing them now and until the morning from how much screaming they were doing. I would just laugh. Everybody seemed so into it by dancing/clapping/singing, etc. to all the songs. I know I skipped out on so much, I just want to go to bed, but if you want to discuss anything with me, let's get a discussion going. :D

red shoe paul said:
I was honestly saying 'holy shit' every 10 seconds and whatever was happening.

Yep, that's a Britney Spears show!

Awesome post, thanks so much for sharing - especially the pics. That's killer that you were able to meet some of the other performers. Based on the photos from this leg, I agree on the outfits - all are awesome. I really dig the one where she's got the red tights and glasses on, very 1999, very hot. That wasn't around during the first US leg.

And yeah, the yelling throughout the show is pretty much non-stop, huh? I'm not the yelling type, but I loved the atmosphere back in March - everyone was so COMPLETELY into the show. As you put it, they were going insane from start to finish. Sounds like the same was true at your Boston show.

I'm even more pumped for my show on Friday now, can't wait to see the photos from your girlfriend's camera. It's great to see that you had fun. I knew you would, but it sounds like you enjoyed it even more than I expected.

Toy Soldier said:
I really dig the one where she's got the red tights and glasses on, very 1999, very hot.

Red tights and black lace top? If so, one of these 2 girls that sat diagonally from us had the SAME outfit on with black high boots on. I believe she wore it on 'I'm A Slave 4U', but she did wear glasses in two outfits that I remember clearly..

I'm not the yelling and dancing type either so I'm with you on that, I had one guy on my right dancing, my girlfriend dancing on the other side and just me in the middle tapping my foot to the beat, haha. :lol

Also walking backstage I have pictures, but they're sorta blurry since we were walking and dodging the setup crews and dancers moving their stuff which was VERY hectic, looked like an ant colony while we made our way out of the building. My cousin told me it takes 4 hours to take everything down, and 8 hours to put everything up at an arena. I was seriously amazed. Yeah you definitely pumped me up for it, and you didn't disappoint, so thank you! :D It's still a little early, but I'll edit this post with pictures later on.

Mau ®

WOW you really enjoyed the show! GREAT!!

Yeah something is always happening in the show and since its 3 rings you're always trying to assess everything thats going on.. or maybe thats just me lol. Which is why I wonder how they will approach making a DVD.

Dont worry if you're confused with the outfits. Not only does she change outfits almost every song, she usually changes outfits completely from one show to the next. So what Toy Soldier saw at his Atlanta show might have been quite different from what you saw on your show.

I also remember there were an insane amount of teenage girls in the audience. Some were even like 10 years old :lol so its cool that kids are either discovering britney now or they knew about her since their toddler days when their folks played them the "safe" britney songs lol

The Perez opening video is killer, it hypes uo the room like you have no idea. And the "sweet dreams" video is fucking hot IMO. And you actually got to see an extended version of it.

The best moment for me was touch of my hand, which was when Britney is taken over the air by 2 guys interlocked with their legs, do you remember that part? It was the moment for me.

Toy! You show is so soon! OMG mine is on Sept 18th. Have you seen the new tour program? 1000x better than the last one. Must get.

Didn't want to edit, since here is a nice picture overload.

149owwp.jpg

My cousin took this picture because these girls are ALWAYS at the NYC shows sitting in the $700 VIP experience seats. He gives them ear plugs everytime. :lol

2vtxeuu.jpg

That outfit is what I was talking about. If that's the one you meant. :b

http://i31.tinypic.com/35aoy39.jpg

Opening song outfit

http://i31.tinypic.com/2m34spy.jpg

Scary shit..

http://i28.tinypic.com/zitzxj.jpg

Video for Sweet Dreams.

http://i29.tinypic.com/o0xw5t.jpg

During the ballad.

http://i27.tinypic.com/23u5rhf.jpg

Forget what song..

Random shots:

http://i31.tinypic.com/nfh6l5.jpg
http://i29.tinypic.com/33k3h1h.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/35aoy39.jpg
http://i27.tinypic.com/24c5ru1.jpg
http://i28.tinypic.com/24w4hmb.jpg

28swpqt.jpg

My cousin and I after the show! I didn't know how or if I should smile which is why I look stupid. I see him bust from his keyboard setup and run up to me letting me know how nervous he was that I was there and all that which really meant alot. But it was definitely amazing. Yeah where she was picked up by the 2 guys was pretty nuts and how she sat right on their legs.

All the small little remixes were definitely pretty neat also. Had me laughing that one song was just like "It's Britney Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch..." over and over, haha.:lol

red shoe paul said:
http://i26.tinypic.com/2vtxeuu.jpg

That outfit is what I was talking about. If that's the one you meant. :b

Yup, that's the one. So hot.

Awesome photos bro, very cool of you guys to share. Those kids in the first picture are great...that's dedication I can respect. :D

And yeah, that part of the show you and ITZ mentioned where she's picked up and spun around mid-air - the crowd went nuts there back in March. It was wild. You know they're well secured and know exactly what they're doing, but still, I got goosebumps. As ITZ said, that was the most memorable moment of the show for me. Is the ring of fire during Slave 4 U still a part of the show? That was rad too.

I felt somewhat out of place at my show since, like you, I'm less the screamer and more the foot tapper. When literally everyone around you is exploding it must look like we're not having a good time, when that couldn't be further from the truth. To each his own, I say.

inthezone said:
I also remember there were an insane amount of teenage girls in the audience. Some were even like 10 years old :lol so its cool that kids are either discovering britney now or they knew about her since their toddler days when their folks played them the "safe" britney songs lol

That put a smile to my face. The majority of the crowd was folks in their late teens to late 20s, mostly women, but there was also a big number of younger folks flipping their shit in the crowd too. As you said, she's not only got a huge carryover fanbase but has also been raking in new fans as well. Her iconic flame continues to burn.

Speaking of broad audiences, my dad wants to come to the show with me this week. :lol He came over tonight and I had a YouTube clip of one of the NYC shows going. He thought it looked wild and mentioned wanting to come. The dude I planned to go with previously has plans with his girlfriend's parents that he was worried about backing out of, so this sounds like a perfect opportunity. My dad might feel out of place, this isn't exactly the Allman Brothers, but I think it'd be really cool for him to get to experience it. It's awesome that he actually wants to see it, I've got a cool dad.

Toy! You show is so soon! OMG mine is on Sept 18th. Have you seen the new tour program? 1000x better than the last one. Must get.

It's funny that you mentioned that program. I wanted to post photos of it when the scans first hit the net because of how great it looks, but the fact that you were avoiding spoilers made me decide not to. I'm so glad you can share my excitement now. :lol I can't wait to see it up close.

Here's a question that you or RSP might be able to answer: do the merch vendors open before the show, or only after? I'm trying to think of when might be a good time to do my shopping to avoid having to wrestle literally hundreds of people in the post-show rush. There's a lot I want to buy, I wonder which bills won't get paid this month. Priorities, dudes.

But yeah, it's coming up really soon. I'm already dreading that post-Christmas feeling when it's over, since it'll be my last show of the Circus tour...but I'll still have your post-show recap on the 18th to look forward to, and thanks to YouTube, Britney fans can still kinda experience each show of the tour.

Nakazato

well my gf is going to her concert for the second time this year. so i'll post the pics she gets as soon as she get back from Orlando Thurs

Toy, we went through the back of the building, backstage, and through the center of the arena to get to our seats, I myself didn't see a merch booth, but when my girlfriend went out, she said they were open. You can either get the shirt immediately when you get in, or wait until the first 3 acts are over because there will be a 20 minute intermission before Britney.

Well today's the day. Exciting.

wre3xi.gif

Thanks for the info, RSP. Any of you guys know when the arenas generally open the doors? I got there after the Pussycat Dolls last time, but I'd like to get there before the opening acts begin this time. I'd hate to get there too early, though...where they won't even let us in the building. I just tried to call Philips Arena but was put on infinite hold. We'll see.

Well I'm back! Just got in the door.I'll have a more detailed post later, but yeah, it was fucking awesome.

Honestly, folks who went to the first leg, I hate to say this because it sounds a tad negative or as if I'm putting down the first US leg...but this show made the first US leg look like amateur hour. It was just much better executed, and had lots more polish on Britney's end. The first time there was a lot more walking around, but this time she looked more poised and serious - and it showed in the fact that there was tons more actual dancing. So at some moments she appeared to be having less fun, but it seemed to be because she actually had a routine to concentrate on this time.

Quick notes:
  • The new program we saw scans of from the NYC show, it was NOT for sale in Atlanta. I browsed Exhale on the way home, and sure enough, it seems that new program hasn't been on sale since NYC. Weird. I hope they pop it online soon. Or ITZ, at your show, if you see it, I'll gladly PayPal you some dough to get one for me.
  • RSP, I was like six feet from your cousin the entire time! :lol As soon as I got to my seat, out of all corners of the center stage, I ended up by the keyboard setup - so I knew your cousin would be there. He was, and he did really well. I didn't say anything to him, I couldn't figure out how to phrase a greeting, especially since I don't know your real name, so I avoided it. But if you get a chance, tell him I enjoyed seeing him do his thing.
  • Britney has never looked hotter, yowza. I still say the new outfit with the red pants is the best of the show, so hot, very flattering to her body. And those brief moments of eye contact you get with her when you sit up close...worth the price of admission alone.
  • There was no ring of fire during Slave, there was no Mannequin, and there was no routine where she was raised up and spun around. This was kinda surprising. Nothing replaced that Mannequin/TOMH spot, it just sorta wasn't there. Not sure why.

What I don't have are photos. I brought my digital camera, but never used it...I know myself, and I know whenever she got close, I'd be focused on getting a cool photo instead of enjoying the moment. So I never pulled the camera out. Not to mention, she seemed to look a little uncomfortable when the up-close folks were flashing bulbs in her eyes...so that deterred me too, I hated the idea of contributing to that. I had my iPhone, so I grabbed like 5 photos with that, but all turned out awful because I wasn't still enough (no 3GS for me, just the shitty 3G camera).

Well I still have the memorabilia to discuss. I bought a lot, around $220 worth, but I didn't buy as much as I wanted to. There was such a huge crowd after the show (traffic held us up bigtime, I missed both the openers and didn't have time to hit the stands before the show), so there was a lot of pressure to move fast. I saw more items I wanted as I walked away, but the crowd was so big I couldn't bear going back.

Anyway, I just walked in the door so I'm still a bit pumped, but I'm sure I'll have more to discuss tomorrow. I don't want to cut my access bracelet off. :(

I'm reading online, and it appears some of the stuff I mentioned may have been due to technical issues.

One thing I forgot to mention is the entrance: she didn't descend down from the top like normal, she just happened to be standing in the center of the ring (covered by a coat) when the big center shade came up. That was weird, and seems to suggest that there were problems (as none of the usual suspended platforms, the bits I mentioned earlier, took place).

Weird, but it was still amazing.

Well I'm glad you had a nice show, Toy! I couldn't imagine another Britney show like that, it was amazing. Also that was So awesome awesome that you were right near my cousin, I remember how everything was set up, so I have the general area of where you were sitting. You should've said "Hi"!

Mau ®

So cool you had a great time. And More importantly, that you felt this show was much better than the last leg, which I believe because the MSG videos she was on another level. I think next tour the choreography will be more on Onyx/DWAD levels because she's gotten much better and more importantly, more confident :D

Your show turned out to be the most feature-less of the whole tour so far :( Sorry about that. There have been technical issues actually since Miami (where there was also no ring of fire nor an umbrella, or touch of my hand). The entrance is weird, probably hinting that there's definetely a rather big problem and it could be quite dangerous for her and crew. Britney herself said she had to do Everytime standing because "pat of her stage was down" she was cute when she said it.

Hope everything is fixed by my dallas show in exactly 2 weeks. I really dont mind the ring of fire and that stuff. Touch of my Hand is what I really want to see.

Anyway, its great that even though some things were missing, you still had a time of your life and felt it was a much better show than last time. Did you went with your dad in the end?

red shoe paul said:
Well I'm glad you had a nice show, Toy! I couldn't imagine another Britney show like that, it was amazing. Also that was So awesome awesome that you were right near my cousin, I remember how everything was set up, so I have the general area of where you were sitting. You should've said "Hi"!

I wish I would have, it was the perfect opportunity: I had a great position center stage, could have said something to him easily.

It was cool to recognize him from the photo. I saw the keyboards and thought, "Hey, maybe..." then he showed up and I debated what to say for like 10 minutes before chickening out. :lol

inthezone said:
So cool you had a great time. And More importantly, that you felt this show was much better than the last leg, which I believe because the MSG videos she was on another level. I think next tour the choreography will be more on Onyx/DWAD levels because she's gotten much better and more importantly, more confident :D

I'm optimistic as well. She's showing signs of exactly what I thought would be the case back late last year (Womanizer performances) on into the early Circus tour. She kept showing small signs of progression and confidence, so I kept hoping we'd all remember that she'd take a little time to get her game back fully. She's been doing it, and I couldn't be happier about it. Whether she'll ever get 100% back into some of the MOST physically intensive stuff she did at 20 years old, I dunno - that knee and all. But 2009 Britney is amazing Britney, and we should be so lucky to have her stick to this level...'cause it's really good.

Your show turned out to be the most feature-less of the whole tour so far :( Sorry about that.

Yeah, seems to be the case. But like I said, it was still incredible. The theatrics are only part of the show...reason #1 I'm there is watching Britney Spears do her thing, and that she did, much more so than in March. As you said, missing TOMH was disappointing, I kept waiting for it and then - boom - BOMT hit then the encore. The show was too good for me to nitpick about it not being good enough, period.

Did you went with your dad in the end?

Yep! On one hand, I was really happy that he wanted to go. He genuinely had a great time - he said it's unlike any show he's ever been to. Plus we got to spend some time together, which is rare these days.

On the other hand, we stuck together the entire time - he was nervous about getting lost (we have cell phones, he was still nervous)...so I wasn't able to really chat it up with folks too much at all. There were some really cool Britney fans there, but it was tough to get into much conversation with my dad right there. Seemed weird, on both ends. But I was just happy that we were there spending some fun time together, that will be more memorable to me than the fun I might've had if one of my friends would have tagged along.

salva said:
Toy Soldier, what happened to the pics of your room? I wana see it again.

I ended up taking those pics from my den down, they ate up all of my Photobucket bandwidth because they were getting posted on a bunch of other message boards apparently. I'll take some more shots soon. :)

By the way, here's the stuff I picked up after the show:

sep5.jpg

The only problem? The bracelets to the right...I did not want those. I asked the guy for two packs of the rubber bracelets (the ones on the left, the four-pack) and in the confusion he must've accidentally grabbed the big plastic ones too. I didn't notice, there was so much shit on the table. Oh well!

But yeah, they had a lot of cool stuff this time around. I bought more this time than I did last time. I just wish we had those cool new programs.

Mau ®

Toy Soldier said:

sep5.jpg

The only problem? The bracelets to the right...I did not want those. I asked the guy for two packs of the rubber bracelets (the ones on the left, the four-pack) and in the confusion he must've accidentally grabbed the big plastic ones too. I didn't notice, there was so much shit on the table. Oh well!

But yeah, they had a lot of cool stuff this time around. I bought more this time than I did last time. I just wish we had those cool new programs.

Thats a lot of games you're not gonna buy this holiday =P

I didnt know they sold caps! Im growing my hair long so I'm gonna need a couple to hide it while its in the awkward stages lol... might get the teddybear as well. If the new program is my show Im snapping that shit fast!

BTW she performed a new song tonight. Not new per se, its a cover of Alanis morrisette "you oughta know". Will post a vid as it materializes. No Touch of my hand tonight :(

wow I wonder how much shit MJ would have hauled out in his This is It concerts if Britney fans buy this much

Who knows. Britney is actually has a record for biggest merch sales or something. I dont buy merch at concerts and even I bought $100 in merch alone, plus my $250 ticket!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Toy Soldier said:

sep5.jpg

Holy crap, how much money do you make?

inthezone said:
BTW she performed a new song tonight. Not new per se, its a cover of Alanis morrisette "you oughta know". Will post a vid as it materializes. No Touch of my hand tonight :(

Holy shit, I just saw a rough (and I mean rough) vid of it HERE. Wild. Shame I was a night late on that. Oh well, very cool still!

Word around the boards is that Everytime was live tonight. It wasn't last night, but that'd be cool if it was tonight. We'll see when the videos start rolling in.

omg rite said:
Holy crap, how much money do you make?

Little, I just have poor spending habits. Digging holes, wrong priorities, etc. It happens. It's not smart but I get by.

But this is one of those situations where I had to splurge. The Circus tour has been huge for me, I waited years to finally make it to one of her shows. To be lucky enough to see her twice this year, I wanted as many keepsakes as possible.

It seems every half hour or so a better You Oughta Know video pops up on YouTube. None are great quality, so please post if you find a nice one ITZ. It's like nothing we've heard/seen from her before, must've been wild to see her start singing Alanis out of nowhere.

She popped the British accent out tonight. She's a goofball, but Britney goofing around with that accent will always be reminiscent of when she was in her darkest days a couple of years ago. The doom-and-gloomers were up in arms as soon as people started Tweeting about it.

Also, it looks like You Oughta Know was planned for last night's Atlanta show? That photo popped up an hour or so ago. Maybe a quick fake - as why wouldn't this have leaked earlier...but it'd explain the hole in the Atlanta set (although then you'd have to wonder why it was shelved in the first place).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom