• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Britney Spears CIRCUS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About YOK, I like it. I love an aggressive sounding Britney, even going back to songs like Stronger, Cinderella, Do Somethin', Crazy, Overprotected, Toy Soldier, and so on. She shows passion and spunk a lot, and she always emotes really really well. It's one of the biggest reasons her vocal style and personality are perfect for pop music.

That being said, I don't think this is a good representation of Britney as an emotional rock singer...'cause it sounds more like she's imitating Alanis in the chorus than painting it with her own brush.

I've always thought she could do well with that brand of song, though. I wouldn't mind hearing her do another song like that...but I would always prefer she stick to the bread-and-butter that she has been perfecting over the past decade. So no all-rock album for me, thanks!

Still, I wonder what brought the performance
on.

It's been tough to sift through the dozens of clips posted on Exhale and YouTube and BritneyBoards and everywhere else. :lol

But it looks like this is the best one so far, wouldn't you say ITZ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdRKmTb82nQ

It sounds much clearer here than anywhere else. I like it much more after hearing this, she sounded a bit more like herself than I originally thought in those first few clips we saw.

Mau ®

Yes, very good quality indeed. Best one yet, good find Toy!

And its very much live, which is the biggest surprise of it all. She did run out of breath on some occasions and screwed up the lyrics at one point (Im a fan of alanis). Nice job Brit. Now sing Everytime live plz :D

Hey

This is another link where you can hear her voice well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm7xWiKlw5A although the overall quality isn't as good, and there's some annoying screamer here and there.

Although I gotta disagree, if you check out the best video of YOK, it clearly shows her messing up her lip syncing at 1:50 on "enough for you," she catches up for the "No." So it seems pretty obvious she was lip syncing, but it's clearly her voice in a raw state and she sounds pretty good.

Thanks for posting that, another great clip. The more I hear these clearer recordings, the more I think my first impression was inaccurate...it definitely sounds like Britney giving it her own spin, rather than imitating Alanis. That makes it all the more weird, hearing that kind of aggression coming via that vocal style. It works, but it's very striking.

I can't tell whether it was live, all backing track, or a mix of the two. The bits jonnybryce mentioned are the only things that cast a doubt, as the vocal certainly SOUNDS like it's coming from Britney on a live mic (practically an identical sound as when Britney speaks to the crowd, quite distinct from the vocal tracks played as she performs normally).

Either way, I don't care - she sang it at some point and that's the important thing. This was undoubtedly something she wanted to do, so it makes me excited that she's comfortable enough to toss something completely foreign to what she usually performs in front of roughly 20,000 people. Still, it's another of those left-field Britney moves that makes her fascinating to me...though it's probably not more complicated than it being a song she loves and felt like performing!

Nothing ridiculous whatsoever.

I, thankfully, spare myself any fixation over when her voice hit the microphone. We're hearing the Britney Spears interpretation of a song: that's what I care about. My reaction is the same as if we'd heard it on the radio. The song and the performance are the story, whether it's a live vocal is merely a bullet point.

It's nice to read that Detroit got the full package tonight: all of the stage issues have been resolved, Touch Of My Hand was back, and You Oughta Know is still there. So it looks like you'll get the full shabang at your show, ITZ.

Tonight's You Oughta Know (LINK) was even better than the North Carolina show judging by the early clips.

Mau ®

I only care about Touch of My Hand out of all those things :lol everything else is icing on the cake.

MUST.RESIST.WATCHING.VIDEOS.

It's just now hitting home that I didn't fucking get to see TOMH last Friday! :lol

But I'm glad it's back, it looked like it may have been stripped from the show entirely, which would have been a real shame.

Mau ®

And its interesting, because if I recall correctly you're not a fan of songs like Touch of my Hand but the performance is so good its a must see, whether you like the song or not.

I happen to loathe "Oh Oh Baby" but I was so amused by the magic act I even went along with it. The tour remix of Me Against the Music is brilliant, and I hate that song. The performance is one her most physical (that and Get Naked).

I dont ask for much really though, just stay blond for my show and perform TOMH Brit!

Looks like the full set again remained in tact in Chicago...so far so good for your show, ITZ! Hopefully they keep this trend going.

By the way, You Oughta Know. Now that there are a few HQ photos out there, wow - Britney's body was made for liquid leggings. Very flattering to her crazy hot lower body. This is an outfit that should never change.

inthezone said:
And its interesting, because if I recall correctly you're not a fan of songs like Touch of my Hand but the performance is so good its a must see, whether you like the song or not.

Total truth. I was bummed when we heard that TOMH and BOM would be on the tour, neither have ever been favorites of mine...but each of those songs (TOMH especially) were given such great tour routines. Total can't-miss portions...unless, well, one isn't there!

Not to mention, the stuff in the TOMH routine really does help bring out some of the emotion in that song. Very thrilling, much as that song's content is meant to be.

I happen to loathe "Oh Oh Baby" but I was so amused by the magic act I even went along with it. The tour remix of Me Against the Music is brilliant, and I hate that song. The performance is one her most physical (that and Get Naked).

Speaking of Get Naked, let me take a moment to step aside and mention how awesome it is. The song, the live performance, everything. It's held up as one of Blackout's most defining moments, both in 2007 and now two years later. I still REALLY wish Britney was louder in the mix but the live version kinda fixes that (or it at least sounds that way in the arena).

Anyway, I totally agree about MATM. I've always felt that it's one of the worst singles she's ever released, if not THE worst (My Prerogative probably has it beat). But the new mix and everything injects life into it that was never before there.

I dont ask for much really though, just stay blond for my show and perform TOMH Brit!

You're leaving out one request: those awesome new programs! I've gotta get my hands on one of those, pronto. So do you. We all do.

:lol

The 9 Types of Britney Spears Concert Fans

THE YOUNG SKANKS

11wc402.jpg

Armed with a skirt line threatening to expose their lady regions with every half-step of her six-inch stilettos, The Young Skank is a many-numbered, many-splendored thing at the Britney concert. They’re here for the (underage) drinking, the straight dudes (approximately seven per show), and the excuse to wear a slutty top to show off their new rack.

Inside the show, the pose is generally uniform: cup of frothy beer thrusted into the air on high in the right hand, digital camera dangling from wriststrap on right hand, ass grinding hard against whatever skank/old man/chair seems closest.

By the time “Get Naked” comes on, remember to shield your eyes—thongs leave devastating bruises when slingshot from across the arena.

THE FRIGHTENINGLY DEVOTED GAYS & GIRLS

15y94dh.jpg

I'm talking to you.

Now, we’ve been there every step of the way, from "Baby One More Time" to the 2007 Video Music Awards. We’re here for BRITNEY. And no, it hasn’t always been so easy.

Two years ago she was shaving her head, speaking in tongues, and getting strapped on to a gurney for a brief "relaxation" stint. And if there’s one thing we gays love more than rooting for a pop tart down on her luck, it’s her divine and miraculous return to grace. So look for us—we’ll be peppering the audience in our homemade, hot-pink glitter tees. And if you can’t see us, just stick out an ear and listen for the violent, shrill screams of “I LOVE YOU!” tucked in between the heaving sobs.

We're also the A-holes who paid top dollar for VIP passes, which we'll be wearing around our necks for 72 more hours.

THE STRAIGHT GUYS

vreh76.jpg

While few in number, representatives of the breeding male population do indeed make cameos at Britney concerts. Almost all of them are dutifully playing the role of the unwilling-but-submissive boyfriend (often to the Young Skank), dragged in as retribution for forgetting a birthday or just some good ol’ “bonding time.”

Whether they’re scoping out the crowd for an opportune nip-slip or listening for another yelp of “My pussy’s hanging out!” from the stage, these boys are here for the T&A. With one arm secured behind their lady, The Straight Guys aren’t just marking their territory.

In the presence of seven-foot trannies and fire-engine red flamers, they’re struggling to hold on to their machismo. In some cases, exercises in identity validation may prove vital, so remember: If you’re a lady attending the Britney show and you feel a slight tap on the ass, don’t worry—it’s not rude…it’s just necessary at some point.

OBLIVIOUS MOMS

29kus0y.jpg

This one never ceases to amaze me, and yet, they’ve shown up at every concert.

They’re here for the 1998 Britney. Ever since Bethany and Madison were born, Mommy’s been too busy taking them out on play dates, enrolling them in private school, and preparing their lunches to notice that Britney’s turned into a major, major slut.

If it’s not the dirty pole routines and barely-there outfits, it’s the general buffoonery of the crowd that’ll have the moms storming out and demanding a refund about five songs into the show. (This is different from The Old Skank, who may be a mother, but is having a lovely time.)

It’s quite likely The Oblivious Mom will even work up the anger to write a rant for the local paper, disgusted by what they thought would be just a wholesome night out with the kids. After all, Jessica Simpson would never be this distasteful.

This is a pretty cool little write-up on BritneySpears.com:

The Circus Starring Britney Spears: Behind The Numbers

35 Number of trucks used to transport stage and tour materials

225 Number of touring crew members

150 Number of additional local crew members hired in each city

300,000 Weight (in pounds) of the production

9 # of hydraulic elevator shafts located on the stage to get the performers up and down

4,000 Number of road cases used for the stage, lights, sound equipment, wardrobe, and backline equipment

1200 Meals prepared & served to the touring crew and local staff per day

360° view the LED video screens provide the audience of the stage

240 # of moving lights on stage

10,000 amps of power generated by the tour in one show

30 # in millions of $$ it costs to run The Circus production

44 Total number of band members, dancers, & performers on tour

500 # of rehearsal hours that each dancer had to go through to prepare for the tour.

15 # of Big Apple Circus Performers on Tour

6 # of countries where the Big Apple Circus performers are from (US, Canada, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine, Czech Rep.)

20 Wardrobe cases for Britney, her band, and dancers

11 Number of hair, make-up and costumers on tour for Britney & performers

360 Total # of tour costumes

9 Number of Britney's costume changes during each show

15-45 # of seconds it takes to make one wardrobe change

100,000+ # of authentic Swarovski crystals individually hand placed on costumes

10 # in million of fans who have seen a Britney concert

8 #1 Worldwide singles

3 Million + "Circus" albums sold worldwide

#1 Grossing tour of 2009 to date

#1 Most searched person

#1 Selling female artist of the past decade

I just got a box of some more Britney stuff from the online store. :lol They added some cool items, stuff that wasn't at the concert, so I picked up a few things, bills be damned. I'll post a pic later.

The Des Moines performance of You Oughta Know last night is worth checking out. It helped kinda clear up how this performance has gone throughout: there's a backing track in the chorus and in other parts, but she's been singing over it. That was obvious, clearly she was singing a lot of it live.

Well, in Des Moines last night, her mic volume was probably the loudest it's been - so you could hear her cleanly over the chorus for the first time. Pretty cool that this helped clear things up there.

I can't wait to hear your impressions of seeing it live, ITZ. Just a few more days 'til your show! Excited yet?

Oh, and the You Oughta Know liquid leggings. <3 So hot, so so hot.

Mau ®

Toy Soldier said:
Speaking of Get Naked, let me take a moment to step aside and mention how awesome it is. The song, the live performance, everything. It's held up as one of Blackout's most defining moments, both in 2007 and now two years later. I still REALLY wish Britney was louder in the mix but the live version kinda fixes that (or it at least sounds that way in the arena).

It really is. At first my favorite blackout songs were "Piece of Me" and "Toy Soldier"( I was particularly amazed by TS when i first heard it). Toy Soldier got old really quick and while Piece of Me still is a favorite of mine, its also lost of some of its luster.

But man, almost 2 years later and "Get Naked" still gets heavy rotation and never gets old. If anything it gets better for me. The perfect workout song. Its brilliant and its a shame it will never get the single treatment. My favorite Blackout track, by far.

I was loling hard at the 9 types of britney fans :lol at th young gays who think "kety parry is interesting (and bisexual) and Lady GaGa is the next Madonna".

Although lady gaga has more madonna qualities than Britney IMO. Britney may have been the biggest female artist of the decade but she's not like Madonna at all. I just think Britney is well... Britney! She's developed her own style of pop (which Madonna is now using like in "Revolver" aka poor man's radar). She's definitely her own person in the industry now.

Anyway, I wonder what the new Britannica message is all about? I hink its the new single for the GH #2. hopefully it'll be quality and not some "My Preogative" shit.

Mau ®

red shoe paul said:
Also to add to the numbers, my cousin told me the whole Circus Tour set up took 8 hours to put up, and 6 hours to take down.

You know what was the most impressive thing for me? Tour maintenance costs 6 million per week!! PER WEEK!!

So say she does 4 shows in a week and it all adds up to $8 million (a circus tour show gets a gross income of 2 million). Britney gets around 70-90% of that figure and from that she pays her team. Arenas get like 10-30% percent of gross revenue (big acts gets bigger deals).

Merch sales must be what keeps the tour in the black because I cannot figure out how they can keep the whole show running with such astronomical costs =O

inthezone said:
It really is. At first my favorite blackout songs were "Piece of Me" and "Toy Soldier"( I was particularly amazed by TS when i first heard it). Toy Soldier got old really quick and while Piece of Me still is a favorite of mine, its also lost of some of its luster.

Toy Soldier still floors me, it's so good. I think that was the only song on Blackout that I was CONVINCED would be a single that didn't end up being released. Get Naked deserved to be showcased, as you said, but I figured it may not have been a likely choice for Top 40 radio, though Break The Ice didn't make much noise there itself (another great song, we could do this for days). That's why I'm glad Get Naked made the Circus tour. Hopefully it'll become a new staple of her future tours.

The only Blackout songs that I initially loved but managed to grow old on me were Freakshow, and as you mentioned, Piece of Me. But I fell back in love with both songs after the Circus tour boost, it's hard not to reignite that initial excitement after songs are given that treatment.

But man, almost 2 years later and "Get Naked" still gets heavy rotation and never gets old. If anything it gets better for me. The perfect workout song. Its brilliant and its a shame it will never get the single treatment. My favorite Blackout track, by far.

I agree. The leaked early mix of it blew me away, but the album version topped it. Who did the male vocals in the chorus, was it one of Danja's crew (Jim Beanz or someone like that)?

On my very first listen of the early mix, the instant the chorus kicked in I was stoked to assume it was a heavily distorted / pitch-dropped Britney vocal (like the deep mores in Gimme More). Not the case, but that would've been neat.

I just think Britney is well... Britney! She's developed her own style of pop (which Madonna is now using like in "Revolver" aka poor man's radar). She's definitely her own person in the industry now.

Very well said, I totally agree. This is similar to a discussion on BritneyBoards from a few days ago. One of the posters suggested that Britney should record more personal material alongside acoustic guitars more often, like in the For My Sister demo.

That led some of us to bring up the very point you mentioned: that there's no real need for Britney to step too far out of the realm she's in at this point, nor do we want her to. There's always new space to evolve and impress in her brand of sultry / bubblegum pop, Britney doesn't need to change for the sake of change. Her bread and butter still gets it done, it's an iconic trademark that won't soon (hopefully ever) change.

Though I don't think that OP on BritneyBoards was off-base or anything. That style isn't what pays Britney's bills but she's always had a toe dipped in that pool, since the beginning...I never mind hearing that side of her.

Anyway, I wonder what the new Britannica message is all about? I hink its the new single for the GH #2. hopefully it'll be quality and not some "My Preogative" shit.

God, seriously. My Prerogative is one of the all-time epic Britney disappointments. Though it didn't take me by surprise, I thought Bobby Brown's original was shit too...a boring song is a boring song is a boring song. The bonus version of the video on the MP DVD (just one extended take of the bed / lingerie scene) rocks, though.

Do Somethin', on the other hand, kicked ass.

But I do think the Britannica hoopla has to be the proper announcement of the GH album. It's, what, like a little over a month away according to the big retailers? It seems set in stone that this thing is coming so all we're waiting on is that official statement...and I imagine that'll be what this is all about.

I'd love if a new single is announced alongside the package, as you said. Hasn't it been confirmed that some of the stuff she was recording was for this set? I could've sworn I saw something online from some of the collaborators that said as such. So I assume a new single would be inevitable in that case.

Dipper145 said:
Yeah all those merch sales sure lose them a lot of money.

A typo doesn't go unnoticed 'round here! :D

Those merchandise sales have to be wild, though. I know I wasn't the only one who had my arms filled, and as ITZ said, that's an area that her events are known to do really well on. Even back on the Onyx Hotel Tour when tickets weren't selling at near the capacity of Circus, merch was still crazy.

ITZ, $6 million a week, wow...that's more than I would've guessed. But as you said, gross ticket sales do really well (90-100% capacity sold, consistently), and Virgin Mobile's sponsorship also covers some of the costs I'm sure. So Queen B is definitely raking it in, and deservedly so.

Oh and salva, I promise I'll do that soon. My den isn't photo-ready at the moment, I'm making a couple of very minor changes (mounting a couple of small wall shelves, and I had to take down some of the wall decor to do that).

But when I get it back together I'll give you the grand pic tour. Most of GAF gave me a hard time about it, but it's still fun to share...that's part of the GAF experience, take it or leave it. As quirky and over the top as I keep it, I'm glad someone found it worth giving a second glance...so thanks for that. :)

Check this Radar mixing widget: http://www.britney.com/us/blog/new-britney-remix-widget

Try it with just the vocals, drums, and guitar. That's the best mix possible with this thing, IMHO.

Here's that batch of Circus items I received a few days ago from the online store:

33njog6.jpg

2802tsl.jpg.

There's a belt I have yet to assemble/cut, a charm bracelet (not for wearing, just a keepsake), a charm neckace (same), and an awesome medallion necklace (I've worn that every day since getting it).

Then there's that purple jeweled travel mug - another not meant for regular use. The Britney notebook is one I plan to use when I get out of my class-skipping funk. I'm not sure what to make of that scarf...I bought it solely as a keepsake, but I love it. Much cooler than I expected.

Oh, and one more shirt. I planned to buy it in Atlanta but I didn't see it at the merch stand...so I'm happy they had it online.

:lol Shame about TOMH, though.

Hey, tomorrow night's the big night ITZ! Well technically tonight, I guess. I hope you're excited, despite TOMH perhaps not making the cut.

You're still going to have a great time. One song in the grand scheme of this show doesn't mean a lot, trust me.

It's hard to believe that we're right at one year since Womanizer was revealed. It ended up being a bonafide signature Britney song, one I rank right up there with the old Britney standards. Not to mention the major role it played in helping spearhead the resurrection of Queen B's reign. That song set the initial spotlight on the stage, on which Britney has been working to recover and return to form. From the album, to the tour, she's back to making a mark.

Mau ®

I took no pictures this time. My friend took care of that. I felt like last time I spent a bit much of time taking pics

Great show. She has definetely improved over last time. Better execution. The show is basically the same although there was no Touch of my Hand (but I dreamt it wasn't happening at my show lol) but there was You Oughta Know which was actually quite cool and got people hyped.

All the songs are remixed this leg. The remixes are godly and I cannot wait to get a DVD just to put those songs on my iPhone because they're so good.

Anyway, like I said its much better. She's there yet but she is better. Dont have anything else to say that hasnt been said.

Awesome, I'm glad you had a ball. Now you see what I was saying, the 2nd US leg is so much sharper and more polished. The first leg was magical because she was BACK, but this time around it was just a better executed show.

I see pics on the boards, her hair looked shorter at your show (and that looks great). Sorry you had to miss out on TOMH, though. I know it was your favorite, but hopefully it didn't put a damper on your evening. At least you got YOK, as you said...it could have been worse, *AHEM* :( :lol

Speaking of a DVD, what do you make of this 3D Vegas show stuff? It makes sense, considering this has been the biggest tour in the nation this year, and considering Brittanica's weird "3" theme in her hints to the big surprise. Not to mention, PerezHilton.com often does have legitimate leaks of news like this.

So we'll see. I, for one, LOVE the idea. Especially if it had some limited release in theaters, like the Miley / Jonas Bros shows did. I'd take a Saturday off work and just chill in the theater all day watching every showing.

Ember128

Dumping millions of dollars into production for a synth pop album isn't something that makes it artistic, new, or creative, it does make it by 3.5-3.8 million more than it needs to be tweaking the modulation and hertz range on fifty back tracks.

Her songs that actually speak about struggles that people face I find much more enjoyable, even if they aren't necessarily among my most favourite songs. A low budget music video with brilliant directing would be "Sheena is a Parasite", and it didn't even require every scene to have (one of the following) synchronous dancing, nudity, or staring longingly into the camera to express its meaning.

That being said, people do hate on her too much, and she does have impressive vocal talent.

Ember128 said:
Dumping millions of dollars into production for a synth pop album isn't something that makes it artistic, new, or creative, it does make it by 3.5-3.8 million more than it needs to be tweaking the modulation and hertz range on fifty back tracks.

That lavish sheen itself doesn't make an album extraordinary, no...but as long as the end justifies the means, I don't mind Britney and Jive continuing to pay for proven commodities. So far, the expense has been justified - working with pricey names like Danja, Max Martin, Dr. Luke, and Bloodshy & Avant is certainly not the only path to quality, but their material has proven to be artistic, fresh, and creative. They've delivered the goods, as extravagant as the cost may be.

Her songs that actually speak about struggles that people face I find much more enjoyable, even if they aren't necessarily among my most favourite songs.

I certainly think there's always a place for Britney to record songs that reflect feelings beyond just lust and thrill, but I personally would never discredit the need and place for the sultry songs she's known for. There's a place for both, but to be perfectly honest, not many entertainers are very good at adopting the latter as their own. Britney can, Britney has, and Britney continues to do so. It's her calling card, she's great at it, and I don't want that to change.

But as you said, it's always nice to get one or two songs here and there that center around something a bit more personal...something that feels a bit more sincere.

That being said, people do hate on her too much, and she does have impressive vocal talent.

I definitely appreciate your post (I don't agree that it's the direction I want to see Britney focus on, both in her material and her videos, but I don't at all think you're wrong in saying that all of that extravagance isn't necessary), and I agree with your last statement there. Regardless of where either of us may stand with regards to her material and image, I'm glad we can both appreciate her talent.

Sorry if the Singles Collection thread has come off as redundant, I figured it pretty big news was worth expanding out of the Circus thread (for the non-Circus thread regulars). We can keep the talk in whichever thread.

I'm incredibly excited, either way!

Mau ®

You dont have to apologize man! Fuck the haters! They have like 3 Megan Fox threads a week ffs.

It wasnt redundant but its not really a new album. Although I do share the excitement for the ultimate box set and the new single, I dont see it as the start of a new era and its just one new song so...

I also think that if anyone wants to disscuss britney they know this is the place to go as we see new people drop by every once in a while. Once the next album rolls out we shall make a new thread and we could actually finish the OP for a change :lol

I must say Im very intrigued by "3". I dont now know shit about it but the title is teasing enough to make me wanna know whats up with it.

Hopefully she will do a new photoshoot for the collection. Wanna take bets on much will it be? I'd say $129.99 =O

And I thought this was gonna be a cheap x-mas because I was only interested in 2 games... guess not!

Good call on the thread idea, we'll keep this as the all-encompassing Queen B thread.

About 3, I'm intrigued too. Max Martin has honestly left me a bit underwhelmed in recent years - IUSA included (I like it, but it hasn't held up for me like his songs typically do...his usual focus on strong melody is kinda lacking these days). But his new BSB song is strong, so that bodes well. Plus, I simply expect greatness from a Britney / Max partnership.

Oh yeah, Jive will milk the shit out of us. :lol Definitely over a hundred bucks, but damn it, we'll have it day one!

The Britney boards seem to be on fire tonight, especially after that guy Kyle posted on BreatheHeavy tonight (the insider who had so much legit info over the past year or so, who some suspect is Adam Leber).

He squashed the doubts that 3 wouldn't be accompanied by a video and also said that The Singles Collection will not signify the start to a break. That second bit sounds a bit surprising, but I think he's referring to an ITZ->Blackout-esque break that some fans were worried about. Surely she'll take some time for herself after the tour ends, but hopefully we'll hear from her again early in 2010.

Mau ®

Seeing as to she's already working on the next album according to her tour music director, Im pretty sure a big break was not in the cards, And thank God about that!

I wouldnt mind a break ala Britney---->In the Zone were they were 2 years apart and she took bout 3 months off vacation and then recorded on and off. But then again she's already recording for the new record so who knows. I think the tour in many ways revitalized her love for performing and recording.

Im pretty sure we will have an album by Summer '10. But first I'll have to dream about it and Ill let you know. :lol

Oh yeah, Jive will milk the shit out of us. Definitely over a hundred bucks, but damn it, we'll have it day one!

If anything, I'd say Jive doesnt milk us enough and until now they've realized of our insane spending potential when it comes to Brit. Shit I mean I bought a $300 ticket to see her in Sacramento plus $100 in merch. And then I bought 2 tickets for $100 each for the second leg.

That's true. Even beyond the tour success, one other example to point to is her huge disproportionate day-one sales compared to other artists. HitsDailyDouble mentioned with both Circus and Blackout, when doing their sales estimates, that Britney's albums have a major abnormal first day spike due to such a significant percentage of her sales coming from that loyal fanbase. Though Circus helped change the tide there a bit, it had much more longevity...but still, it held true to the old trend.

So it stands to reason that there'd be a market for more and more fan-centered releases like this deluxe box set. It's held true for her DVD releases, which always do well. That's one reason I figured that surely-bogus Perez Hilton rumor about a 3D release of the Circus from Vegas might have actually been a good idea to release to theaters for a weekend or something, like Miley did. Either way, yeah, they could milk us more...I'm just excited that they're tossing this nod to the hardcore fans this time, I can't wait to get that set.

BTW what two games do you have in mind this Fall? You and I have never talked games. :lol

Mau ®

Toy Soldier said:
BTW what two games do you have in mind this Fall? You and I have never talked games. :lol

Demon Souls and Uncharted. Might get Assasins Creed 2 if I ever get around to finish its monotone predecessor.

PS3-only gamer here. I dont even play games much these days but Demon Souls looks godly and I love those hardcore dungeon games. I like a challenge. Last time I felt challenged by a game was Morrowind because it was so effin' big and I had no clue where to go or what to do but I loved that.

Buying uncharted 2 because uncharted 1 rocked obviously. I was gonna get Bioshock 2 but it got delayed.

After that there's not much Im hyped about, except FFXIII and FFXIV (more excited about XIV lol)

Since there's not much to talk about until "3" arrives or leaks, I will post my 5 favorite games of all time

1.- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
2.- Final Fantasy X
3.- Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
4.- Thief: The Dark Project
5.- Resident Evil 4

Very cool. My all-time favorite game is an ES game too, funny enough. I'm more an Oblivion guy than Morrowind, but each is killer in its own ways.

Demon's Souls really does look cool - the atmosphere it has blows me away...but I'm a bit worried about it frustrating me. I mean, no pausing? Wild. I'm in for a buy at this point, though. Seems like it'll be a great game to have in the collection to play here and there, to revisit between bouts of anger. :lol

Gimme 3 now, Jive.

So 3 will premiere tomorrow morning on Z000 NY. Be there.

Well that's a wrap for the Circus in the US. Great memories! Oh and did you see the fan brought on stage last night during Breathe On Me?

Lance3.jpg

:lol Lance Bass

3 premieres in just a few hours, I think 7AM Eastern on Z100? I'm still pulling that all-nighter to catch it.

Amazon just posted the first clip, and holy shit. :lol It's not at all what I expected from Max Martin - in a good way.

Though the lyrics sound very much typical of him, playful lyrics about having a threesome. So far, thumbs up!

3 just finished airing! They already popped it online, hear it HERE.

Holy shit, it's great. Finally, Max Martin brings back the melody - it's structured like a traditional pop song finally. The production is his hottest in years, no exaggeration. The lyrics are some of the best we've heard from him in a long time too (the lyrics are on the site).

What we do is innocent, just for fun and nothin' meant.
If you don't like the company, let's just do it - you and me.
You and me...or three...or four...on the floor. :lol

This is an epic club song. I've only heard it once but I'm in love with it. This isn't one of those "well, let me listen to it a few more times to gauge an opinion" songs like Womanizer. This is instant love.

Best song Max Martin has been involved in since 2002, you heard it here first. Grade A Britney single, makes My Prerogative look even more embarrassing.

starmud said:
really fun song @____@

the slow breakdown is great lol

I didn't even catch it during the first listen, but yeah. :lol So awesome.

I also like the second verse:

Three is a charm. Two is not the same.
I don't see the harm, so are you game?
Lets' make a team. Make 'em say my name
Love in the extreme, now are you game?

Really the whole thing rocks. Circus is over, this is the Era of 3.

I'm hooked on it, been listening all day.

I'd been saying all along that Max was missing bits and pieces of his old formula over the past couple of years (he'd nail the quirky lyrics but miss the melody, or he'd nail the production but have boring lyrics, etc)...but this one hit the mark on all counts.

I can't wait to see it live in her next tour.

Did you see the tracklits to the fan box set on Britney's French site?

SINGLE: Baby One More Time
B SIDE: Autumn Goodbye

SINGLE: Sometimes
B SIDE: I'm So Curious

SINGLE: (You Drive Me) Crazy (The Stop Remix)
B SIDE: I'll Never Stop Loving You

SINGLE: Born To Make You Happy
REMIX: Kristian Lundin Bonus Remix

SINGLE: From the Bottom of My Broken Heart
B SIDE: Thinkin' About You

SINGLE: Oops!...I did It Again
B SIDE: Deep In My Heart

SINGLE: Lucky
B SIDE: Heart

SINGLE: Stronger
B SIDE: Walk On By

SINGLE: Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know
REMIX: Hex Hector Radio Mix

SINGLE: I'm A Slave 4 U
B SIDE: Intimidated

SINGLE: Overprotected
REMIX: JS16 Remix Radio Edit

SINGLE: I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
B SIDE: I Run Away

SINGLE: I Love Rock n Roll

SINGLE: Boys, The Co-Ed Remix featuring Pharrell Williams
B SIDE: Boys (Album Version)

SINGLE: Me Against the Music
REMIX: Passengerz vs. The Club

SINGLE: Toxic
REMIX: Bloodshy & Avant's Intoxicated Remix

SINGLE: Everytime
REMIX: Above & Beyond Club Mix

SINGLE: Outrageous
REMIX: Junkie XL's Dancehall Mix

SINGLE: My Prerogative
REMIX: Armand Van Helden Remix

SINGLE: Do Something
REMIX: Thick Vocal Mix

SINGLE: Someday
B SIDE: Mona Lisa

SINGLE: Gimme More
REMIX: Oakenfold Remix

SINGLE: Piece of Me
REMIX: Bloodshy & Avant's Boz O lo Remix

SINGLE: Break The Ice
REMIX: Kaskade Remix

SINGLE: Womanizer
REMIX: Kaskade Remix

SINGLE: Circus
REMIX: Tom Neville's Ring Leader Mix

SINGLE: If U Seek Amy
REMIX: Crookers Remix

SINGLE: Radar
REMIX: Bloodshy & Avant Remix

SINGLE: "3"
REMIX: TBD

DVD
15 clips de Britney

Not bad, not bad at all. I can't wait to see how they package it.

Random thought about 3, it almost reminds me of some of the stuff Max Martin did for E-Type a couple of years ago...it's got more of a Eurodance feel than anything she's recorded before, though this has more of an urban touch on it obviously.

Estival

I've had 3 on repeat all day. I think this could be another big hit. I love it. :D

And that singles set track list looks awesome. I haven't bought a physical CD in a while, but I need that.

Estival said:
I've had 3 on repeat all day. I think this could be another big hit. I love it. :D

Same here. :lol I've listened to it a ton of times over the past couple of days.

Whether it'll be another big hit, tough to say. I personally think it's right up there with Womanizer in terms of quality, and how infectious it is. Plus it's attached to a new album (a GH album, but still).

I'd be shocked if it fares poorly, it's just so good. I think the only knock against it in terms of it doing well might be that she's almost inaudible at certain points, it's tough to tell what she's saying - so the fun of the song might be lost on some. After it was premiered on Z100, the immediate caller reactions they aired had a few folks say just that ("What was she saying, I didn't get it...").

But yeah, it's a great song. I honestly did not expect something of this caliber for The Singles Collection, so kudos to Britney and Max Martin.

And that singles set track list looks awesome. I haven't bought a physical CD in a while, but I need that.

I'm with ya on that too, day one on the fan set. It really does look like an awesome buy for any Britney fan. Who knows what the price will be, but the content itself is freaking awesome. I'll happily scrounge around to pay whatever they ask for it.

You guys may have already seen this, but Amazon has the fan box up for pre-order at only $79.99.

LINK

51q2RQYRihL.jpg

I expected to pay the listed $99 price tag, so that's awesome news. I went ahead and sprung for one-day shipping, since that's about how much in sales tax I'd have to pay if I went with a B&M retailer to get it.

By the way, 3 hits iTunes tomorrow, don't forget.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Toy Soldier said:
Did you see the tracklits to the fan box set on Britney's French site?

Not bad, not bad at all. I can't wait to see how they package it.

Random thought about 3, it almost reminds me of some of the stuff Max Martin did for E-Type a couple of years ago...it's got more of a Eurodance feel than anything she's recorded before, though this has more of an urban touch on it obviously.

Missing the James Holden remix of Breathe on Me tho.

djtiesto said:
Missing the James Holden remix of Breathe on Me tho.

The one mix that stands out to me as a glaring omission is the Junkie XL Dub of Gimme More. It's one of the few mixes of a Britney single that I almost prefer over the original, it's so good.

Plus, the Paul Oakenfold mix (the one they selected) is pretty boring, which is all the more disappointing. But they made some pretty good selections, I am definitely not complaining.

The Kristian Lundin mix of Born To Make You Happy is a personal fave. It's falls a bit more in line with some of the Backstreet Boys stuff they'd been producing at the time, the album mix was much more synthetic and slick. He also used an alternate vocal take, which makes it even more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom