• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Genso Suikoden V thread

ethelred

What are the percentages next to each iteration of Jeane in the last scan? How naked she is? 51% Naked Jeane - 87% Naked Jeane?

preordering is a pain in the ass--i can reserve the normal version and get the history DVD, but i can't reserve the super edition at all. Its not even showing up in the systems of hte various places i've been to.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Man I'm watching the new vids(week old but new to me) over at IGN and this game seems to have the goofiest names yet. The Queens name is Asshat.

kiun

Just got these today.. :D
SuikodenVx3.jpg

Damn I can't wait for the US release. Wish we could get the history DVD though

Bebpo

Banned

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Now I want a Suikoden collectable card game... :(

Pachinko

LTTT(Late to this thread) - I kind of wish I'd bothered to read up more on this game beforehand, it actually sounds like it's as good or better then the first 2 games in the series. I know I'm not alone in saying I lost interest in the series after trying to play the 3rd one becuase it... wasn't so good. After hearing so many negative things about the 4th game I decided to stay away from it as well but this one actually looks good... it's just a damn shame I no longer have the time to play RPG's anymore. I still have DQ8 to finish and at the rate I play it that'll take the rest of this year... unless I maybe go and play it right now.

Shouta

Himuro said:
I'd like to buy Suikogaiden Vol. 1 and 2 myself, honestly. Even if I can't read Japanese.

Pachinko: All game series have their bad games (unless it's called Metal Gear Solid...but that's debatable :p). Giving up on a series just because you don't like one game in it doesn't make sense to me, but whatever floats your boat.

Suikogaiden games are like 25 bucks a pop.

BTW, the card game isn't all that... it's a very early GBA title so the music is butchered. It seems to follow the Suikoden 2 story but plays a bunch of battles with cards. There is unique artwork on all cards but it's quite small. And obviously, if you don't know the card rules you're not getting anywhere.

i can get the gaidens dirt cheap (in the psbook versions) just by going to the store down the street =)

Now if you want a real find, you need to hunt down the old suikoden CCG. the folks at konami sent me the complete collection right after tgs. it's fucking hardcore =)

Pachinko

I just watched a couple vids of this at gamespot, the english ones and I don't understand the bitching. That acting seemed quite fine. In some ways even preferable to the tried and true squeely japanese woman voice (eeeeEEEEEEH... mmmOOOOOoooH, etc). Plus I've watched to much anime I think becuase everyone is starting to sound the same to me with identical phrazes used in everything(neigero!.. HAI-AKU!!!).

The way you guys were griping in this thread I expected tales of phantasia or grandia 3 level badness. The way I feel is that unless the acting is really THAT awful , stop bitching, learn japanese and play the import if you value your nihongo so much.

Red Scarlet

Himuro said:
He's only been in I and II but if you want to know what happened between him and Neclord

Neclord and Neclord? You called Sierra a he there!
STOP CONFUSING ME.

You fought Neclord 3 times..what game was the third time?

And now you're talking about that skeleton thing walking on all fours as a Neclord battle!!
Mister Suikoden my butt!

Oh well, hope he comes back again in 5. :)

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
has Persmerga been confirmed? I'll really pissed if they didn't include him.

Error

Himuro said:
No

Konami's quite tight lipped about the majority of the game's secrets
well that's a good thing because I was spoiled of the whole
Luc
thing in SIII, before the game was even released in Japan.

Error

opps... that was close then :lol

I'm gonna edit my post just in case.

next thursday, baby. it's really impressive how soon after the .jpn release the american one is coming, but i can't wait that month knowing that suiko 5 is already out and available down the street from me =)

Bebpo

Banned
I like how his translation just says the exact same things as mine except worded differently and without the funny ^^;

*edit* Also his translation is has a little "SUIKODEN IS AWESOME" wishful thinking to it just like that "PSP GAMES COMING TO THE US BECAUSE BLOG SAYS SO".

Tabris

Bebpo said:
"SUIKODEN IS AWESOME" wishful thinking to it just like that "PSP GAMES COMING TO THE US BECAUSE BLOG SAYS SO".

Ouch. Don't be hating on Himuro's excitement for something that would (and should) be so awesome!

<-----

Bebpo

Banned
Himuro said:
Bebpo you are the bane of my existence!!!

Hey, who knows. Next week I may become GAF's 2nd biggest Suikoden V behind you!

All depends on how the game turns out. I already looove Suikoden so they just need to make a solid game this time around and I'll be happy :)

Tabris

Bebpo said:
Hey, who knows. Next week I may become GAF's 2nd biggest Suikoden V behind you!

All depends on how the game turns out. I already looove Suikoden so they just need to make a solid game this time around and I'll be happy :)

I'm sorry, but that spot is already taken by me.

I may even be a bigger fan of Suikoden than Himuro, just less vocal :)

Top Bottom