• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas topic

shuri

Banned
God damn fucking stupid ai gang members. I ask those 3 guys to join me. i get in my car, and those dumb bitches just stay out and watch me waiting for them. I get out, go back in. Still stand there like idiots. I move around. Nothing. I get out one last time, then get in. Ooh and they come back to life.

Ugh

Ploid 3.0

WasabiKing said:
SON OF A BITCH!

Be careful when stacking in a lot of nice cars in one of your hideout's garage! I lost my Turismo! I don't know how, perhaps it's in a garage I've forgotten, but don't try to overstuff your garages, or else cars will disappear.

I also did this with a pimp car, two Turismos, and a banshee. My two turismos were gone about 3 saves after or so.

ourumov

I continued playing a bit more...

Now I understand why you, SSX, said that reuniting the families was one of your favourite missions. Unfortunatelly the next is very sad...
Now I have begun the 2nd part of the game with Catalina but it's a pitty since I hadn't arrived to the end with Denise...I hope I can return with her later.

AssMan

Banned
Can anyone confirm that you don't have to collect anything to fly the harrier? I read the back of the GTA guide and it seems there are missions to using the jet.

P.S. One gripe about the game: I F$#$@#@ hate it when you fail a mission and it takes you like, 10 minutes just to drive to a red circle.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
AssMan said:
P.S. One gripe about the game: I F$#$@#@ hate it when you fail a mission and it takes you like, 10 minutes just to drive to a red circle.

True. I use to save prior to any mission undertaking so that if I find myself in the middle of the countryard, 'Mission Failed' above CJ's head, I just load the save file insted of going back to where I triggered the mission. I use to buy properties a lot cos they act as save points which are very useful for this very reason.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
shuri said:
God damn fucking stupid ai gang members. I ask those 3 guys to join me. i get in my car, and those dumb bitches just stay out and watch me waiting for them. I get out, go back in. Still stand there like idiots. I move around. Nothing. I get out one last time, then get in. Ooh and they come back to life.

Ugh

ehehe, where they distracted in some activities like shooting rival gang members passing by? 'cos AFAIK, in this case they have to be disangaged with the 'follow me' command before they actually follow you. Or you just wait for the gunfights to end.

shuri said:

Ugh

I think that happens when you don't have the right car. I'm don't really know which ones are which, but if you do want to take gang members with you, try a few cars.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Well, you can obviously accomodate no more than 3 gang members in a 4 doors car and just 1 in a 2 doors one. It's not releated to specific models. Heck, you can even bring one gang member with you in the helicopter.

buck naked said:
I think that happens when you don't have the right car. I'm don't really know which ones are which, but if you do want to take gang members with you, try a few cars.

I had the same problem until i figured out that I was in a 2 door car. There are some cars that come in 2/4 doors, so make usre to check carefully (i know lowriders come in both flavours).

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
heh. Max number of members you can bring with you is 6 or 7 IIRC. Haven't find a mean of transportation with room for all of them. A limousine maybe? That would allow for some impressive drive-bys for sure. Yet I don't think it's possible to store that many in a vehicle.

belgurdo

Banned
TTP said:
heh. Max number of members you can bring with you is 6 or 7 IIRC. Haven't find a mean of transportation with room for all of them. A limousine maybe? That would allow for some impressive drive-bys for sure. Yet I don't think it's possible to store that many in a vehicle.

Coach

belgurdo

Banned
Falch said:
laugh.gif

Btw, where can you bet on horses?

LS, near Mulholland Intersection (SE), and another in the middle of Montgomery

belgurdo

Banned
shuri said:
Haha,

I was in the middle of a gang war over the rail road, i was shooting at some guy while my gang members were taking care of a bunch of dudes. I hear a train coming. I hear HEY MOTHERF *SPLURT*. I turn back to them. They were all dead, along with the ennemies. The train ran over all of them

That was funny as hell

I've had instances where I'm getting into major shootouts with cops and they start advancing towards me only to get run over by their overzealous comrades or people who have had their cars nudged forward in accidents

kevm3

I've run into the bug where I can't workout because it says I've worked out to the max for the day, even though I hvaen't worked out at all. This bug is extremely agitating. Anyone know how to fix it?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
kevm3 said:
I've run into the bug where I can't workout because it says I've worked out to the max for the day, even though I hvaen't worked out at all. This bug is extremely agitating. Anyone know how to fix it?

Dunno if the game actually takes that into consideration, but since you can develop muscles during 'normal' activities like swimming maybe you developed enough for that day just swimming or whatever.

Yet I'm more prone to believe it's a bug.

Bob White

I'm in the same bout, man. Truly one horrible bug. I'm now REALLY skinny because of this glitch.

kevm3

Me too. It's annoying as fuck having an anorexic CJ... It's pissing me off. I think it happened after Pilot school where I didn't eat for days trying to finish up those shitty ass missions.

Mrbob

Littleberu said:
Ouf. Took all the photos in San Fierro. Took me 2 hours and a half, with a guide.

And believe me, you won't do it without a guide.

Was this worth the time and effort?

Prine

Banned
yeah id like to know what rewards you get for taking pictures.

Im starting no like this game, stupid supply lines mission.

Is there a cheat for infinate fuel??

Gattsu25

Banned
MrBob - See for yourself:

Spraypaint Tags
Now breathe a *sigh* of relief as this sidequest is finally over with.
Your reward in some respect as well as the Tec-9, Molotov Cocktails, Sawn-Off
Shotgun and AK-47 appear inside of CJ's house in his kitchen.

Hidden Oysters
Congratulations, You have collected all of the Oysters in Grand Theft Auto:
San Andreas! Your Lung and Sex Appeal have now been increased (with all the
swimming you did you probably maxed out your Lung stat without needing the
lung increase).

San Fierro Snapshots
Congratulations, You have collected all of the Snapshots in Grand Theft Auto:
San Andreas! You have now unlocked the Shotgun, Micro-Smg, Sniper Rifle and
Grenades at the garage you start San Fierro area from (where you started from
when you went to get the 1st Snapshot).

belgurdo

Banned
Prine said:
yeah id like to know what rewards you get for taking pictures.

Im starting no like this game, stupid supply lines mission.

Is there a cheat for infinate fuel??

Start mission, put in "speed up time" code when Zero yells "launch the Red Baron," try not to crash a lot, finish, use "slow time down" code when done

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Moose said:
I must say...

2 player free roam with jetpacks is one of the best 2 player video game experiences ever. EVER.

Where do you trigger that? O did you brought the second player over the jet pack at the desert airport?

Moose

Activated 2 player Free Roam in Las Ventures, headed to LV's airport, flew a dodo to the Air Field, got the jetpack for one os us, went away from the air field, came back, got the other, let ALL HELL BREAK LOOSE....

...with codes. If you want to last more than 5 minutes, you're going to use the Health/armor and wanted codes. It's also good to know where Armor is for your buddy Player 2.

<3 Strategy Guide.

Moose

Personally, I found Las Ventures to be the coolest city in the game... not just the city, but the entire desert as well.

Mrbob

I think I'm going to have to buy the strategy guide for this game! I'm taking it extremely slow and i still feel like I'm missing out on some cool stuff!

Moose

belgurdo said:
Which is probably still a bullshit GameFAQs rumor at this point. Has ANYONE gotten 100% yet anyway?

People at edgeforums claim it, they're both lifeless enough for it to be true but dumbass enough to be lying...

calder

Opend up the last area, the desert missions RULE so far, just got to the airstrip. Soooo damn much fun.

Now I'm thinking this isn't just a GOTY candidate but rapidly approaching GOAT consideration.

Gattsu25

Banned
Moose said:
Personally, I found Las Ventures to be the coolest city in the game... not just the city, but the entire desert as well.

agreed...though the desert might be smaller than the countryside, I found exploring throughout much more satisfying and enjoyable.

edit: It's hard for me to read GOAT and not imagine the rest of the accursed URL. Damn I'm tired....good night

belgurdo

Banned
Prine said:
So how do i do the speed up and slow down cheat? :D

Triangle, Up, Right, Down, L2, L1, Square-faster

Triangle, Up, Right, Down, Square, R2, R1-slower

thankee GameFAQs

And the reward for 100% (from what I'm reading at GF) seems to be weak and you can already get what it offers with a little work long before you hit 100%, so cheat away, kids

kevm3

Man this working out thing is fucking pissing me off, not to mention that I'm stuck on the aircraft mission and the thing controls like shit.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
If there's anything better than wearing a gimp suit while digging graves under a hot desert sun, I don't want to know about it. :lol

Fifty

bishoptl said:
If there's anything better than wearing a gimp suit while digging graves under a hot desert sun, I don't want to know about it. :lol

Can you actually dig? And where do you get gimp suit.

(If you can't actually dig, sorry for spoiling a joke) :lol

Top Bottom