• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Jade Raymond's Assassin's Creed thread of PATRICE BRISEBOIS

blog.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------
Information

Release Dates:
November 13th - US
November 14th - AU
November 16th - UK
November 29th - JPN

Platforms: Xbox 360, PS3, PC (2008), DS (2008)

Players: 1

esrb_m.gif

Revew thread can be found here.

Official Assassin's Creed website

Gamespot Launch Centre

IGN Launch Centre

Background

(from Wikipedia):

The game takes place during the Third Crusade, in the year 1191. The player assumes the role of Altaïr (الطائر, Arabic, "The Flying One"), a member of the Hashshashin sect (the original "assassins"), whose objective is to slay the nine historical figures who are propagating the Crusades. As the player finds and kills these targets, their conspiracy is unveiled. The player will be able to travel through three cities: Jerusalem, Acre and Damascus.

The producers of the game take pride in its historical accuracy. The locations in the game are distinctive models of the cities. All of Altaïr's targets are also historic leaders who died or disappeared in the year 1191 (though not necessarily assassinated).

Gameplay

The player will be able to grab onto and climb almost any aspect of the environment, which means exploration will be possible to a greater degree than in most other games. Ubisoft boasts that any object that stands out more than two inches will be interactive.

The control scheme in Assassin's Creed will be significantly different from that of the typical game. Rather than explicitly specifying what actions Altaïr will take, the player presses buttons corresponding to his various body parts and the game attempts to figure out what action should be taken. For example, running toward a wall and pressing the "legs" button will cause Altaïr to jump over a wall, while pressing the "arms without weapons" button will cause him to vault it. Virtually all movement through the environment can be done with just the left thumbstick alone, including walking, running, climbing, jumping, and swinging from poles. The only movement exception appears to be sprinting and starting a wall climb, which requires one to be sprinting first. Also, at the E3 2007 playable demo, pressing the R1 button will switch Altair from free-running mode to fighting mode However, when moving through crowds at a run you will stumble over anyone you run into, so you can also shove people aside as you run past to move faster and avoid tripping. It has not been revealed what the control scheme will be for PC users.

A major selling point is "social stealth": the ability to blend in with a crowd (as opposed to simply hiding in shadows) by performing actions that would be socially inconspicuous; for instance disguising the character among a crowd of monks, as was shown in the trailer.

213-pgeqmcvbov.jpg

I'm really excited about this game. After seeing the demos and reading about the unique control scheme I'm pretty dead set on buying this!

JB1981

i just wanna know which version to get: ps3 preferably because i love sony, am a sony fanboy and want to try out my new Sorny Dual Shock 3.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Linkzg said:
why is Jade Raymond's name in the title?
Probably because she is the one that's gonna sell this game to gamers everywhere. Then flee to the mountains when it isnt very good.

Of course im hoping its awesome.

I still can't believe people's admiration towards Jade Raymond. She's a PRODUCER! She manages time and money! She has ZERO input into the creative or artistic process of the game's creation! She wasn't even at Ubisoft during the conception and pre-production stages of the game.

Give it a rest.

SketchTheArtist said:
I still can't believe people's admiration towards Jade Raymond. She's a PRODUCER! She manages time and money! She has ZERO input into the creative or artistic process of the game's creation! She wasn't even at Ubisoft during the conception and pre-production stages of the game.

Give it a rest.
We don' care about her role in Assassin's Creed's development... :lol

WingM@n

SketchTheArtist said:

Give it a rest.
That doesn't matter because she's hot

JdFoX187

Banned
Illuminati said:
We don' care about her role in Assassin's Creed's development... :lol
QFT

...and lol @ the Kramer gif

This is day one for me. Have been anticipating it since it debuted :D

rakka

SketchTheArtist said:

Give it a rest.
i don't think her role is her main draw

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
awesome re-titling

now someone please change it to Appreciation Thread of Patrice's GENIUS

mauaus

SketchTheArtist said:

Give it a rest.

Shes the only descent looking female on the gaming media... not that hot but still nice :D

DarkKyo

Can anyone explain to me about the DS version? I've never seen any screens. Is it still happening? Is it 2D or 3D? What's the dealio?

Dechaios said:
Can anyone explain to me about the DS version? I've never seen any screens. Is it still happening? Is it 2D or 3D? What's the dealio?

Probably Altair's Brain Training or Cooking or something.

lexi

Banned
Having Jade's name in the thread title and pictures of her in the first post is pretty fucking greasy.

ThePeter

Every media/GAF spurt i pray that this game won't be buggy or have lame combat.
PLEASE GODDESS, DELIVER A DECENT GAMING EXPERIENCE YOU PROMISED YEARS AGO!!!!~

I really hope there is a confirmation of which version is more stable, PS3 or 360, I dont want another situation where I pick up one version and it turns out choppy like crazy.

Bildi

Oh lordy I can't wait for this game. All year this has been one four games I hoped would turn out to be incredibly awesome (Bioshock, MP3, Galaxy and Assassin's Creed).

C'mon Assassin's Creed!

ThePeter

Like other games, i'm looking forward to Assassins Creed to scratch that Majora's Mask itch of intricasie and/or amazing game design.

Skilletor

disappeared said:
I think maybe two replies have been about the game so far. I made a huge mistake with that thread title.

History shows that 98% of Assassin's Creed threads turn into Jade fapping. The other 2% are bitching about no jump and hoping it's not glitchy.

I will be buying this game the first day.

GhaleonEB

We need to start a trend of non-subtitled official threads; it's just easier to read the thread listings when it's nice and clean. I tried with "The Official Halo 3 Thread" but that didn't work out too well. :(

Note: this post is also nutrition free.

TTG

Really looking forward to playing this one. Of all the games that have yet to come out this year, this is my most anticipated one. I think if they pull it off it will definitely be a GOTY nominee.

GhaleonEB said:
We need to start a trend of non-subtitled official threads; it's just easier to read the thread listings when it's nice and clean. I tried with "The Official Halo 3 Thread" but that didn't work out too well. :(

Note: this post is also nutrition free.

Can someone retitle this one...again?

Top Bottom