• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Jade Raymond's Assassin's Creed thread of PATRICE BRISEBOIS

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
SketchTheArtist said:
I still can't believe people's admiration towards Jade Raymond. She's a PRODUCER! She manages time and money! She has ZERO input into the creative or artistic process of the game's creation! She wasn't even at Ubisoft during the conception and pre-production stages of the game.

Give it a rest.

Producers are the most over acknowledged people in the entertainment industry (with perhaps the major exception of the music industry where they actually do something beyond time/money management).

I appreciate good producers but the attention they get is out of proportion.

Besides, we all know physical beauty trumps any other quality.

Chromax

Skilletor said:
History shows that 98% of Assassin's Creed threads turn into Jade fapping. The other 2% are bitching about no jump and hoping it's not glitchy.

I will be buying this game the first day.

What there's no jump? =(

GhaleonEB said:
We need to start a trend of non-subtitled official threads; it's just easier to read the thread listings when it's nice and clean. I tried with "The Official Halo 3 Thread" but that didn't work out too well. :(

Note: this post is also nutrition free.

All the best things in life are nutrition free.

Thunderbear

fistfulofmetal said:
Tom Clancy's Jade Raymond's assasin's creed.

Some of you probably don't get what the big deal is, but it sort of shits on all the hard work and creative minds that are actually behind the title.

bard

How about some controversy, then? Was Jade shoved in the lead just to induce consumer fapping (= sales)????!!!!!

Nightz

Question! And no it's not about Jade :p

Does anyone know if the limited edition of the game will include a regular sized case for the game itself? I'd really like to get that 3 inch figurine for my cubicle at work, but I can't stand it when all my game cases aren't the same size.

Getting the PS3 version btw.

Thunderbear said:
Some of you probably don't get what the big deal is, but it sort of shits on all the hard work and creative minds that are actually behind the title.

That's applicable to an uncomfortably high percentage of NeoGAF threads, I'm afraid.

neptunes said:
You guys ever wondered if she reads these boards?

If she doesn't, you can be certain it's come up in a conversation with her at some point.

JCtheMC

I'll try again; I'm thoroughly excited for this game, and i think i no longer have any excuses to post-pone my purchase of a this-gen console.

The whole idea of historical accuracy, trying to tell a story with substance and the fact that it looks incredible, makes this a day one purchase for me. I cannot wait to go back to the summer of 1191 and wreak some havoc.

Thunderbear

fistfulofmetal said:
It really doesn't.

Lets explore that reasoning. No, it does.

Or perhaps a more thought out, intelligent reply; you don't think most people who spend 3 years on a title with all the pressure that comes with, the crunch period of 70-100 hour weeks, don't appreciate getting acknowledged for their work?

From my point of view it just displays a shit load of immaturity that's best served for other forums rather one that is filled with a lot of professional game developers.

disappeared said:
This thread is a disaster.

I'm sorry everyone.

It's only page 2
Game isn't out yet
There aren't even enough reviews to garner any talk.
No one here has played it to give impressions

And you're overreacting.

JCtheMC

Thunderbear said:

Or perhaps a more thought out, intelligent reply; you don't think most people who spend 3 years on a title with all the pressure that comes with, the crunch period of 70-100 hour weeks, don't appreciate getting acknowledged for their work?

From my point of view it just displays a shit load of immaturity that's best served for other forums rather one that is filled with a lot of professional game developers.

QFMFT

Thunderbear said:

You're overreacting as well. It really isn't as serious as you're making it out to be. Seriously, it's a running joke. No body is ignoring the work they put into the game, we're just joking around. When the game comes out and people get to play it we'll be able to actually talk about it. Until then, we're having light hearted fun.

Treo360

Thunderbear said:

My acknowledgment comes in the form of my money. They can appreciate that.

You're overreacting.

Bildi

disappeared said:
This thread is a disaster.

I'm sorry everyone.
I think it's going pretty well for an Assassin's Creed thread. There's always the Jade factor, it'll settle down.

Anywho, I just preordered the Aussie LE - it releases on the 22nd. For any Aussies around, DVDCrave have the 360 LE for $95 - it was $105 the other day so it came down. If you use the code here you'll get free express postage.

Thunderbear said:

Since when has an entire team commonly received acknowledgment for a game? The only case I can think of where more than one or two people have been associated with a game is probably the Clover praise. Outside of that, no one praises all of Team Ninja for Ninja Gaiden, they praise Itagaki. No one complains about Konami holding back Castlevania, they complain about Iga doing that. No one praises any one at Nintendo for Zelda besides Miyamoto or Aonuma. Cliffy B and Mark Rein with Gears of War, Barlog and Jaffe for God of War, the list goes on and on.

Lightning

Banned
The biggest problem with this thread is that it shows that majority of users penises and desperation for something they can never have is bigger then their brains. Unfortunate circumstance of life it seems.

antiloop

Thunderbear said:

They can try visit OT part of this forum instead. It reeks of professionalism.

I don't see why people can't appreciate games and also admire women. In this case Jade that's perfect for this part of the forum seeing as she is a programmer(before becoming a producer. It was in an interview), producer(for AC) and a gamer. :)

I guess some people can't do it in a mature way though. But that's not exclusive for this forum in any way

Game looking nice btw.

Synless

all of this was said and not one picture of jade has popped up, for shame Gaf.......for shame...........

jett

D-Member
MarvinTacoma said:
Since when has an entire team commonly received acknowledgment for a game? The only case I can think of where more than one or two people have been associated with a game is probably the Clover praise. Outside of that, no one praises all of Team Ninja for Ninja Gaiden, they praise Itigaki. No one complains about Konami holding back Castlevania, they complain about Iga doing that. No one praises any one at Nintendo for Zelda besides Miyamoto or Aonuma. Cliffy B and Mark Rein with Gears of War, Barlog and Jaffe for God of War, the list goes on and on.

The thing is Jade Raymond is pretty much useless and not involved at all with the actual game development, unlike, you know, everyone you mentioned.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So.............................anyway does anyone have any speculations on the major twist that will undoubtedly be in this game. All that futuristic crap might be interesting.

~Kinggi~ said:
So.............................anyway does anyone have any speculations on the major twist that will undoubtedly be in this game. All that futuristic crap might be interesting.
Some of it was revealed already in the reviews thread.

Bildi

MarvinTacoma said:
Since when has an entire team commonly received acknowledgment for a game? The only case I can think of where more than one or two people have been associated with a game is probably the Clover praise. Outside of that, no one praises all of Team Ninja for Ninja Gaiden, they praise Itagaki. No one complains about Konami holding back Castlevania, they complain about Iga doing that. No one praises any one at Nintendo for Zelda besides Miyamoto or Aonuma. Cliffy B and Mark Rein with Gears of War, Barlog and Jaffe for God of War, the list goes on and on.
Common sense has finally entered the thread.

Jade Raymond has been the public face for the team behind the game and it is no different to Jaffe/CliffyB/Miyamoto/whatever. Some of them may be more involved with the development of the game itself, but at the end of the day the game generally benefits from having an identifiable public face.

So... hows about we discuss the game a bit? I'd even settle for a "there's no jump button?!" discussion.

Calcaneus said:
Chill out man, its fine. The Jade love has already started to die down.
Yeah, I don't take long, and I like to think that I'm not the only gamer with premature outshots issue.

puck1337

I don't think that I'd be willing to dismiss anyone that has a CS degree from McGill and has spent some time working as a coder and producer in the industry. It's not like she just magically went from G4 to Ubi.

I work for a company that distributes entertainment products, games included. The games trading team negogiate with publishers about price they purchase stock, returns rights etc. However a lot of account managers in games companies are female, as they can suck the nerdy games trading into giving them good deals through their staggering beauty. Tread starter, you're one of those nerds.

Jade is not even that great 6/10 but I'd hit it!

Level 8 Boss said:
Jade is not even that great 6/10 but I'd hit it!
Like with a shovel? Memo! 6/10 is pure crap, 8 is the new 5.

I wanna talk about AC cause I really like what I've seen so far minus the glitchy on stage demos
[/robot]

6h5yjqr.jpg

Respect ya'll

Top Bottom