• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official MLB Thread - 2006 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
CajoleJuice said:
Pedro's done for the year. Goddamn it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

Oh well, he's been non existent for us in the second half and we were cruising just fine until after clinching.

::shrug::

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Brew Crew up 9-1 :eek:

I just saw the score.....

*SPLOOGE*

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
siamesedreamer said:

hateradelogocq3.jpg

_Angelus_

Banned
siamesedreamer said:

All Braves fans have been score board watching looking up at the Mets all year round. You guys should know he hasn't been that important to the Mets this season0-they've go0tten it done with all sorts of guys in the rotation regardless. Pedro's loss is more of an eh...more than an oops.

El Duque and Glavine to go with an underated John Maine will keep them steady in the playoffs. Their bull pen isnt exactly sucky either.:)

The way Pedro has been stinking it up the last month I really won't miss him. He would have been a mess in the post season. The guy just didn't have it at all this year. Looking at how he has pitched this year,I'll take a healthy John Maine right now.

Kuroyume

Banned
Jones stat padding in a losing effort... Give up buddy. It doesn't make the Mets anal raping of the Braves any less painful tonight.

7 to 4

LOL, someone bring out the lube.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
The only thing better than the Cardinals not making the play-offs would be seeing the Mets lose in the first round.

Juice

Sorry just to hop in here unannounced (seeing if anyone had anything to say about the Tig's). Is this the biggest thread in GAF history? Over on the gaming side, everyone thought the 10,000+ Oblivion thread was the biggest ever, but here it's well over 15k posts.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Yeah, this is the longest thread in neo-GAF history. Doesn't have the most views, but it does have the most replies.

_Angelus_

Banned
Remember when you guys were crying about Mets fans cheering on their team in here?
Yet here come the haters posting up their usual shit in here.
So are you guys gonna start asking for bans when we Mets supporters come here to root the team on after a playoff victory too?

:lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I think it was just Frankman that most of us were complaining about. And I think that's completely warranted. I can only imagine how much more painful he'll be after playoff wins, though.

Desperado

Holy shitdamn, this is the most ridiculous end to a season ever. Even after going 36-10 to make the playoffs on the final day of the season. Even after coming back from 15-30 to make the playoffs on the final day of the season.

_Angelus_

Banned
vatstep said:
I think it was just Frankman that most of us were complaining about. And I think that's completely warranted. I can only imagine how much more painful he'll be after playoff wins, though.

I still don't get this though. Youre rooting for a team to loose based on a fan or two that gets under your skin? I dunno...I never approached hating on a team for those reasons.

In 2003 I was rooting for the Yankees to crush the Marlins but sadly it never happened. Leading up to that series I ran into alot of their fans talking smack,which is actually not that unusual since youre gonna run into that for any tean regardless. The thing is I block that crap out and just watch the post season games,fans don't come into it with who I root for. Now though-guys like Larry Jones and Adam LaRoche....those are reasons why I root for anyone to beat the Braves.:D

_Angelus_

Banned
So who do you Cardinals and Astros face in their last series of the season?
I'm sorta pulling for the Astros,never cared for St. Louis much.

Fifty

This is crazy. The Phillies and Nats game, which was in a rain delay, is just now getting underway. It started at about 11:30 eastern. It's the bottom of the 1st now, and it'll end at 2:30 local time. :lol :lol I wonder how many fans are there.

Desperado

Angelus said:
So who do you Cardinals and Astros face in their last series of the season?
I'm sorta pulling for the Astros,never cared for St. Louis much.
Cards have 3 more with the Brew Crew.
Astros finish against the Bravos.

Fifty said:
This is crazy. The Phillies and Nats game, which was in a rain delay, is just now getting underway. It started at about 11:30 eastern. It's the bottom of the 1st now, and it'll end at 2:30 local time. I wonder how many fans are there.

There were less than 500 at PNC today. I bet there's like 50 at that one :lol

Angelus said:
The way Pedro has been stinking it up the last month I really won't miss him. He would have been a mess in the post season. The guy just didn't have it at all this year. Looking at how he has pitched this year,I'll take a healthy John Maine right now.

He was fantastic the first two months when y'all pulled away. He was especially inportant because y'all were in the midst of "Lima Time".

Try to spin it anyway you want. But, he's paid the big bucks to win the WS. Winning the division is nice, but that don't mean nothing.

(Unless all the Mets fans want to reverse their stance on the Braves' playoff record :lol )

Kuroyume

Banned
He was fantastic those first two months but he wasn't getting any wins. They didn't score any runs whenever he played so it didn't matter either way.

Kuroyume said:
He was fantastic those first two months but he wasn't getting any wins. They didn't score any runs whenever he played so it didn't matter either way.

OK, so let's set the terms right now.

WHEN the Mets get their asses blown out of the playoffs, there will not be a single excuse of "Well, if only we had Pedro.......".

Is that what I'm hearing?

Link said:
I'll stand by that. We've barely had Pedro for the entire 2nd half and we've done fine.

1st half - 54-36 (.600)
2nd half so far - 41-28 (.585)

You're right.......its a marginal difference - especially when you're up by 12-15 games on the division. I'd would be interesting to see determine much "Dirrrrrrrrrrty" being out had an effect on that.

Desperado

NL CYA race...

Webb (16-7) 2.88 ERA
5 CG, 3 SHO, 231.0 IP, 15 HR, 173 K, 48 BB
1.11 WHIP, .242 AVG, 3.60 K/BB, 6.74 K/9

Oswalt (15-8) 2.98 ERA
2 CG, 0 SHO, 220.2 IP, 18 HR, 166 K, 38 BB
1.17 WHIP, .263 AVG, 4.37 K/BB, 6.77 K/9

Carpenter (15-8) 3.09 ERA
5 CG, 3 SHO, 221.2 IP, 21 HR, 184 K, 43 BB
1.07 WHIP, .235 AVG, 4.28 K/BB, 7.47 K/9

---

Hoffman (0-2) 1.92 ERA, 44/49 SV
63 G, 61.0 IP, 4 HR, 50 K, 12 BB
0.93 WHIP, .199 AVG, 4.17 K/BB, 7.38 K/9

Carp and Webb will each get another start.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
capt.1dc2aea2ba95479eb1034c1de341da41.brewers_cardinals_baseball_motg112.jpg

capt.d6054e77e4c94ae49603b6f0b96bd846.brewers_cardinals_baseball_motg111.jpg

capt.010547681d0641b7bfe33cf6a012d088.brewers_cardinals_baseball_motg110.jpg

capt.e612961c975d46ff8caa9e4f8e934a8f.brewers_cardinals_baseball_motg107.jpg

Even if the Stros dont do it,the fact that im getting to see images like these,makes me smile.
:lol

capt.4c76e0a1c4624c5eab7dd0fa6c9cd7c9.brewers_cardinals_baseball_motg105.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom