• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Nike + Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
allegate said:
Is anyone having issues with iTunes 9.02 and sending reports to Nike+? Because I haven't been able to upload the past two days numbers.

I can't remember what version I have, but I am at work so I can't check. I do have itunes running on Windows 7 and have had a few issues uploading. It usually pops up and says unable to connect to Nike + site. I usually just shut down itunes, unplug the ipod and start over. Then it worked fine after that. If I remember I'll check what version I got when I get home.

Also I ran at the gym yesterday and I was shooting for 3.5 miles in 30 mins. Well I must have hit the emergency stop button by accident and the treadmill stopped for a few. I tried quickly as possible to get it going again, but I fell short of my goal with 3.35 run.

Just realized there's now a mobile version of the Nike plus site. Works great on the iPhone/Touch, not sure it works on others devices. The interface is actually much better and faster then the main site. Just enter www.nikeplus.com on the iPhone/Touch.

Cyan

Banned
Happy New Year, you lazy bums! Let's get running!

Just went out and did my first timed mile in more than a year. 5'46", my first sub-6 mile ever! Booyah.

Cyan

Banned
... Bueller?

So, I tried to create a challenge, but hell if I can see how to add our group. Do you have to do each person's email individually or something? PITA.

Whatever. Whoever usually does the challenges, you want to set something up?

Bumpage!
I just moved to a new city for a work term and there doesn't seem to be much to do aside from going to the gym. Would be great to participate in a GAF challenge like the good ol' days.

I am trying to advance to then next tier on the Nike+ site before my term ends at the end of April, which requires about 400km more (started in January). Let's do this guys! 2010: the year of running :p!

Cyan said:
... Bueller?

So, I tried to create a challenge, but hell if I can see how to add our group. Do you have to do each person's email individually or something? PITA.

Whatever. Whoever usually does the challenges, you want to set something up?
big_z has done the last few challenges, he's banned. We need someone else to setup some challenges if poss. I need some motivation.

Hey guys. I am sorry for not being active in this thread or our nike+ team for that matter. A lot of shit has been going down in my life recently which culminated in me breaking up with my girlfriend of 8 months moments ago.

I would like for things to get back to normal as soon as possible, and running is def. part of normal. Since Big_Z got banned, I will send out invites for a monthly challenged starting a week from now. If you know others from the thread, send them PM's and let them know we are getting this thing back off its feet again.

I'm sorry again things haven't been going as well, and I am going to jumpstart things now.

Edit: How the hell do I invite our neogaf group to the challenge? I created the challenge but can't figure out how to add our team. Also I can't seem to see our team at all/find it on the new nike+ site.

Cyan

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
Edit: How the hell do I invite our neogaf group to the challenge? I created the challenge but can't figure out how to add our team. Also I can't seem to see our team at all/find it on the new nike+ site.
I had the exact same problem. As best I can tell, they've removed the team/group feature. Hell if I know why. Also, challenges now seem to require email addresses instead of usernames. O_O

Sorry to hear things haven't been going well. But running from my problems has always worked for me!

Cyan said:
I had the exact same problem. As best I can tell, they've removed the team/group feature. Hell if I know why. Also, challenges now seem to require email addresses instead of usernames. O_O

Sorry to hear things haven't been going well. But running from my problems has always worked for me!

Ugh freaking piece of crap. Alright if you are interested in running PM your email addy and I get you on the list.

Tf53

Hey guys, I just got a new iPod and the Nike+ sensor, and I'm anxious to try them out. Bad news is I tore some ligaments from my right ankle, so I guess I'll have to wait for a while.

How do I go about this whole NeoGAF team thing?

Tf53 said:
Hey guys, I just got a new iPod and the Nike+ sensor, and I'm anxious to try them out. Bad news is I tore some ligaments from my right ankle, so I guess I'll have to wait for a while.

How do I go about this whole NeoGAF team thing?

Trying to figure that out right now. They changed everything on the site. Stick around, I am going to look into it more tomorrow. For now welcome to the team!

Alright it appears they deleted all of the teams. As a stopgap measure I am going to friend request you guys so I can add you to the challenges and whatnot.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RUNNING GAF CHALLENGES PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NIKE+ ID IN THIS THREAD SO I CAN ADD YOU or send a request to pacman326

Please PM others that may no longer be looking at this thread and get them to post here. We are getting this shit rolling again.

Big_z, if you are reading this, friend request me @pacman326 so we can get stuff set up. I hope you didn't get permabanned.

Edit: Well crap. My run today isn't syncing...

Edit2: What the fuck? It counted it as a run from 12/4/2009.

Alright added you guys. Sef, I tried finding you again, but no dice. Please try sending an invite to pacman326.

Come on people, put your ID's here and sign up!

Korey

I'll be starting in a couple of weeks. I work 9-7 on weekdays, do you guys recommend running in the morning before work or afterwards in the evening?

So, how the hell do I navigate on the new site? I just want to see what I saw when I signed in to the old site, i.e. the Everest, carrot cake, etc things. where are they?

nyong

Banned
ID: cebrooks

I'm starting up a new running program on Tuesday, so I will be putting in an increasing amount of mileage over the next few months. I would love to join a GAF team should they ever re-add that feature in the future. Meanwhile, count me in for challenges.

nyong said:
ID: cebrooks

I'm starting up a new running program on Tuesday, so I will be putting in an increasing amount of mileage over the next few months. I would love to join a GAF team should they ever re-add that feature in the future. Meanwhile, count me in for challenges.

Friends request sent. Welcome to the team... err friends list. :lol

Next challenge will start a week from today. If you haven't submitted your Nike+ ID in the thread, do it! :D

EDIT:

Hey cebrooks. I am getting same error as I did with sef.

Can you and sef both just try sending an invite to pacman326? Thanks!

Edit2: Actually I may know why sef and cebrooks. Have you made your profiles public? Otherwise I don't think I can actually invite you.

Big_z you aught to make your profile public too.

Cyan

Banned
Argh, this site is so annoying. The old one worked fine, why did they change?

T_I, I'm not seeing a friend invite from you.

Cyan said:
Argh, this site is so annoying. The old one worked fine, why did they change?

T_I, I'm not seeing a friend invite from you.

The hell? Can you try sending an invite to pacman326? The new site sucks, and I am really getting fed up with it.

Edit: Ok, I saw your request. I should have accepted it.

Edit2: cebrooks got your request too. Should have also accepted it.

nyong

Banned
Wow. Playing around with the route creator right now. This is easily the best running map application I have ever used. Little known trails that I formerly had to estimate are in here exactly. Now I can calibrate this thing :D

You're now added to my friend's list as well.

I'll probably join back in a little bit. I want to try the walk to run thing since I haven't done it in a while to get some stamina and go from there.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I'll probably join back in a little bit. I want to try the walk to run thing since I haven't done it in a while to get some stamina and go from there.

At this point it's all friends requests. There is no way to form teams at this point. Just throw a friends request @pacman326 when you want.

The_Inquisitor said:
At this point it's all friends requests. There is no way to form teams at this point. Just throw a friends request @pacman326 when you want.

I sent it to pacman.

Nvm, I couldn't find it in the settings for some reason.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
I sent it to pacman.

Nvm, I couldn't find it in the settings for some reason.

You have to go to "view" your profile, then click the friends tab, and then hit invite friends that already have a nike+ account then insert my name. Way to many menus to go through imho.

The_Inquisitor said:
You have to go to "view" your profile, then click the friends tab, and then hit invite friends that already have a nike+ account then insert my name. Way to many menus to go through imho.

Did you get it? I already sent the thing to you, I couldn't find the nike+ in my ipod settings. :p

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Did you get it? I already sent the thing to you, I couldn't find the nike+ in my ipod settings. :p

Yep just accepted!

I'm having a lot of fun joining a bunch of challenges. Going to go run a 5k in about 15 mins. :D

Korey

The site doesn't work in Firefox 3.6 yet because they haven't updated the site...they have some sort of code that says if you're not this and this browser, then show the mobile version

Korey said:
The site doesn't work in Firefox 3.6 yet because they haven't updated the site...they have some sort of code that says if you're not this and this browser, then show the mobile version

Yeah it doesn't work for FF in both W7 and 10.6 OSX if you are rocking the latest version. I just run the default browser for now.

Ran my 5k in less than 24 mins. Not bad considering I only started running again last week.

OmegaFactor said:
I'd like to join the team. I want to be motivated :lol

The name's OmegaFactorDM

Welcome to the team! Could you do me a favor and try adding me @pacman326. Thanks!

I am already ahead 52 calories on my goal to burn 48k calories by December 14th! In fact, I might blow past it quickly. 24K was what I burned last year, and I figured I could at least double it this year. It's unbelievable how much benefit you get from running.

why did the new site reset my stats? I have almost 558k steps on the old site and I'm at 0.0 miles on the new one.

I understand that you're not exactly Nike Help, but I don't go to the site every day and was wondering if it's even been discussed/explained or if it even affected you.

allegate said:
why did the new site reset my stats? I have almost 558k steps on the old site and I'm at 0.0 miles on the new one.

I understand that you're not exactly Nike Help, but I don't go to the site every day and was wondering if it's even been discussed/explained or if it even affected you.

Steps? Are you talking about the pedometer program?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It was pitch black and I have a long downhill driveway and I didn't see the pothole coming. :(

I understand. Even in broad daylight today I stepped into a pothole in the street while crossing over to a new sidewalk. Luckily I was wearing my new shoes and there was enough cushion that I didn't twist my ankle too.

yeah, the one in the ipod nanos. I do a lot of walking at work and wanted to track it. Turns out I average around 6-7k a day, though what that really means as far as fitness goes, I don't know.

My knees are shot so running is out of the question. I do bike, though.

allegate said:
yeah, the one in the ipod nanos. I do a lot of walking at work and wanted to track it. Turns out I average around 6-7k a day, though what that really means as far as fitness goes, I don't know.

My knees are shot so running is out of the question. I do bike, though.

I actually read about this program the other day. Sounds pretty cool. Too bad it's just for Nanos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom