• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NeoGAF Nike + Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we doing guys? Just finished my 3rd day in a row of running. Ran another 5k and felt it the last kilometer. :lol I will be taking tomorrow off and resuming Wednesday.

If anyone needs advice, motivation, or would like to brag feel free to post. :lol I am also still accepting friends requests for our first challenge next week. Either send a request to pacman326 or post in the thread.

As a note if your profile is set to private I won't be able to find you in the friends request search. In that case you'll either need to set to public or send me the invite.

I did a 19 mile run a couple of weeks ago and ever since then my knees have been shot. Every time I've been out since they play up so I'm taking this week off to try to recover. They better recover, I wana get out there, so annoying.

Well I forgot my iPod when I went to the gym today. Add another 2 miles to the unofficial run list. :lol I also did weights for the first time in a LONG time. Good god do I need to do them more often.

I am proud to say after ballooning to 186 lbs my freshman college, I now have dropped my weight to 162 lbs now in my junior year. It was a mix of eating habits, exercise, and attitude. Hopefully that motivates some of you guys that running does work. :D

Tf53

I've healed my ankle to the point that I dared take it for a run yesterday. I ran a route that should've been 5km on the map (at least according to nike's map thing), but my sensor claimed it was only 4 km. I think I should calibrate it, but it's a bit hard this time of year. I'd love to just take it to a track so I'd get it right, but all the tracks are covered in two feet of snow at the moment. Oh well, felt good to run again, it's been way too long.

Cyan

Banned
Went on a run last night, and the clouds just opened up on me.

Doesn't usually bother me, but there's been so much rain recently that enormous lake-like puddles formed almost instantly. I hate sloshing through puddles. :/

Korey said:
Please add me to the challenges.

Name: Korey-

Invite sent.

What the hell guys?! I am barely seeing any runs from you guys unless your profiles are set to private.

THE CHALLENGE WILL START SUNDAY FEBRUARY 7TH. INVITES WILL BE COMING SHORTLY

If you want in, I need you to either post your nike+ name, or send me an invite @pacman326.

Come on, it will be fun!!!

nyong

Banned
I've been a lazy bastard. It's midterms week so I have an excuse.

Count on more consistent runs from me after next Friday. For reals.

nyong said:
I've been a lazy bastard. It's midterms week so I have an excuse.

Count on more consistent runs from me after next Friday. For reals.

Sounds good. I will hold you to this! :lol

I have also started adding in weight training to my running. I feel really sore, but otherwise feel amazing after my workouts. I also have begun to notice after losing so much weight I am forming definition in my stomach. A lot of girls I know in my college have actually made some comments about me looking good/thinner. If that isn't motivation, I don't know what it. :D

Cyan

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
Invite sent.

What the hell guys?! I am barely seeing any runs from you guys unless your profiles are set to private.
I often go as long as a week before remembering to actually plug in my iPod and upload my runs.

Still running!

Cyan said:
I often go as long as a week before remembering to actually plug in my iPod and upload my runs.

Still running!

Oh I know you are. Every time I see you in my feed I get further and further depressed. :lol I'll catch up to you soon enough.

Oh and everyone should join the "Help for Haiti Challenge" Nike is donating a dollar a mile/km.

Edit: Hey rampur send an invite @pacman326. I can't find you for some reason.

layzie1989 said:
I hate winter :(

It's alright. Good weather will be back soon.

Invites are going out shortly to everyone on my friends list. The challenge will begin on Sunday, February 7th. Sunday is the Superbowl you say? I figure you'll need the extra run to burn off all that food you'll be consuming? :lol This will be a 2 week challenge, so hit the pavement hard and with passion!

If you haven't sent me a friends request yet it's not too late. Just fire me off an invite @pacman326.

Tf53

Hey, just wanted to clear up one thing: I don't have to assign my runs to a single challenge, do I? So I can still run for Haiti if I'm trying to keep up with you guys?

randrews

Neo Member
@Tf53: You don't have to assign your runs to a challenge. They way it works is that your run works for all the challenges that you've signed up for.

@The_Inquisitor: I just sent you a friend invite. My username is kungfucowboy. Looking forward to the new challenge you set up in the coming week!

randrews said:
@Tf53: You don't have to assign your runs to a challenge. They way it works is that your run works for all the challenges that you've signed up for.

@The_Inquisitor: I just sent you a friend invite. My username is kungfucowboy. Looking forward to the new challenge you set up in the coming week!

Welcome to the the team. Invite for the challenge sent. :D And here is our first challenge of 2010!

Challenge #1

POST SUPERBOWL CHALLENGE

imagessix-20pack-20tattoo-small.jpg

Turn that beer gut into the six pack it belongs!

Length

02/07/2010 (12:00 am) to 02/21/2010 (11:59pm)

Posted a 22km run tonight to finally reach the 1000km mark. It's taken 7 months, not sure if that's good or bad but happy to have got there :D

randrews

Neo Member
Running GAF, I need your help!

I've been using my ipod touch with my sensor for well over a year now and the other day my sensor crapped out. I went to the store and bought a new sensor, but when I got home, it ended up not syncing. This problem has occurred with three other sensors that I tried out in the store today. Do any of you guys have a solution for this? Any help would be appreciated!

nyong

Banned
randrews said:
Running GAF, I need your help!

I've been using my ipod touch with my sensor for well over a year now and the other day my sensor crapped out. I went to the store and bought a new sensor, but when I got home, it ended up not syncing. This problem has occurred with three other sensors that I tried out in the store today. Do any of you guys have a solution for this? Any help would be appreciated!
How is the sensor situated in your shoe? Are you using official Nike + shoes, or do you have it rigged some other way? If nothing else, you may want to try restoring the factory settings on your iPod. Hopefully it's not hardware related.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
SPRING HAS ARRIVED IN CHICAGO! I broke out my shoes, Nike cold running layer, and got out there in 46 degrees. A nice 3.5 mile run to start my year. I have been doing boxing for the last month and a half and it's really increased my lung capacity. I'm not even tired right now.

Futureman

I run 2 miles every time I go out.

It's a nice little workout, but do you guys think I should run FURTHER but keep a slower pace? I currently do 2 miles in about 15 minutes.

Fatalah

Futureman said:

It's a nice little workout, but do you guys think I should run FURTHER but keep a slower pace? I currently do 2 miles in about 15 minutes.

2 miles in 15 minutes? That's pretty amazing man, I run 2 miles in 25 minutes. Instead of going at one constant speed during your run, why not change your pace? It would be like a HIIT workout, if you're looking to shave off pounds quickly.

I'm glad this thread was bumped today. I'd love to join in, but I don't own a Nano! What's the cheapest way I can do this?

Cyan

Banned
Futureman said:

7:30 pace? That's pretty good, man. If you can do that for 2 miles, I'm pretty sure you could do more.

Just don't try to do too much. I think you could add maybe a quarter mile a week, slowly ramping it up.

Fatalah said:
I'm glad this thread was bumped today. I'd love to join in, but I don't own a Nano! What's the cheapest way I can do this?
There's a... wristband thing? I can't remember the details, but I'm pretty sure there's a wristband that can sync with a Nike+ sensor, without requiring an iPod.

Yeah I am hoping spring gets this thread moving again. I have been doing a lot more weight training recently, and as a result I am running shorter distances. I need to reverse that back around again.:lol It's nice enough to run outside here in Dallas again, I may go later today.

I'm actually lighter now that I was when I was in early high school. Not only that, but I am actually getting some chest definition. Feels good man. 5'9" and 161 lbs at the moment.

And as Cyan said, wristband is your solution.

Tf53

big_z said:
any gaffers running with an ipod touch and if so do you find it bulky or hard to run with?
I have a touch. I just stuff it in my jacket pocket, and don't find it too bulky. I suppose if you have to stick it in your pant pocket it would be a hassle, but you can always buy one of those strap things.

Futureman

Run every day or bad idea?

I pretty much just started running again this past week because of the warm weather. My legs are kinda sore, but I figure once I get back into it, I'll be fine. Every day though?

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Futureman said:
Run every day or bad idea?

I pretty much just started running again this past week because of the warm weather. My legs are kinda sore, but I figure once I get back into it, I'll be fine. Every day though?

Bad idea. If you insist on doing it, though, alternate a light run and heavy run.

I'd say run 2 days on, one day off.

Cyan

Banned
Pulled a muscle (left calf) last week. :/

Took about a week off, went running today. Made it about three miles, then it started twinging a bit. Probably will lay off a few more days.

nyong

Banned
I bought a Garmin Forerunner 305, so I've been running with the GPS watch. Did a 10-miler 3 days ago and my knees were aching pretty bad. Stupidly, I let myself get sucked into a running a half-marathon on May 2, so I'm deparately trying to increase my mileage...too fast, of course.

I plan to run with the Nike+ AND the Garmin the next non-rainy day we have. Mostly to check how accurate it is compared with the GPS. I run with my iPod when it's dry too, though, so I will probably use both as it doesn't cost me anything.

big_z

any idea if you can copy over the nike+ calibration file from an old ipod to a new one without it messing up anything?

i tried to open up the file to see what information is stored in there but i cant find a way to display it correctly.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hey guys, so I'm seriously thinking of getting a nike + ipod sport kit, but I have a question, does the addon + sensor work with the 1st gen iPod Nano?

GSG Flash said:
Hey guys, so I'm seriously thinking of getting a nike + ipod sport kit, but I have a question, does the addon + sensor work with the 1st gen iPod Nano?
Yeah it works, I've used a 1st gen nano with it before.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
micromagic said:
Yeah it works, I've used a 1st gen nano with it before.

Cool

Time to go pick up the kit, hopefully this thing and the challenges on the net will motivate me to run. For even more motivation, I've enabled the facebook updates for Nike+ for extra motivation :lol

Eric WK

Just getting into running to help get myself in shape so I picked up the Nike+ kit yesterday and got a first brisk walk/run in. (Oh god... the shin pain as an out of shape beginner.)

My Nike+ ID is EricWK if I could get an invite. I'm going to work my ass off as much as possible without risking injury to get better.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Just picked this up since I got my iphone.. I used to run half marathons in college but have lost a lot of my um... fitness since then. I played basketball pretty regularly and lift so it luckily isn't a muscle thing.. no shin or quad pain to speak of. Just a stamina issue right now. I can run a mile in 8 minutes... but it was taking me 45 minutes to run 4 miles.. so clearly I lose a little something in long stints :lol

Anyway, I'm still feeling rather pathetic, but I've only been back on it for about a week and picked one of those coach programs to try and run a Marathon.

I have to say, this is really nice. I don't find it really motivating while I'm running to use the Nike+ gear, but it is so nice to be able to track progress, time, etc. And the coach program gives me a goal to aspire too.

I've always had a problem when lifting where I set a goal, hit that goal and then just sort of flatline.. so this gives me something to shoot for and keep improving. Makes me much more likely to keep it up.

Plus, if I can get into Marathon running shape that is a pretty great excuse to travel to different parts of the country..

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Alright, it's nice and warm out, it's time to start the next challenge.

June challenge! Let's do this. I'm not sure I've ever created a challenge, but maybe I'll do it this time.

Cyan

Banned
SephCast said:
Alright, it's nice and warm out, it's time to start the next challenge.

June challenge! Let's do this. I'm not sure I've ever created a challenge, but maybe I'll do it this time.
Yeah, we haven't had one in a while because Nike made it enormously more difficult to create them for a private group. Dunno why.

Been doing the P90x thing, in my second phase, and started adding some running when I get home from work as extra cardio. I decided to finally pick up a Nike+ kit for my iPod nano. Used it tonight for the first time, love it. If anyone wants to add me, my Nike+ username is motorde.

Wake up Nike+ GAF!

I have been running somewhat consistently again. I work 8 hours a day + 3 hours of night classes tues. wed. & thurs, but I am still getting it done. Did my first 30 minute run in ages yesterday. I felt skinnier this morning. :lol :lol

I'll try to start a new challenge soon to those still here. If you have jumped off the train, you are welcome to jump back on.

Dilli666

I've just been started a few weeks ago with this Nike+ stuff. It's really a nice way to fill up bars and watch your progress :)

The software on my iPod Touch seems quite buggy though. Sometimes the run is started but it doesn't count any kilometers.
A big feature I totally miss: Why do I have to create an playlist to listen to one album? Why can't I just choose one album for my run? Why Apple? Why?

My Nike+ ID is Dilli666 and I'm in for a new challenge :)

Dilli666 said:
I've just been started a few weeks ago with this Nike+ stuff. It's really a nice way to fill up bars and watch your progress :)

The software on my iPod Touch seems quite buggy though. Sometimes the run is started but it doesn't count any kilometers.
A big feature I totally miss: Why do I have to create an playlist to listen to one album? Why can't I just choose one album for my run? Why Apple? Why?

My Nike+ ID is Dilli666 and I'm in for a new challenge :)

What I usually do is start the album before I run, then when Nike+ asks what music I want to listen to I select "now playing"

Will add you after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom