• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NHL Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dem

calder said:
UNACCEPT

SHIT I CLICKED ACCEPT BY ACCIDENT, I DO NOT WANT TO TRADE NIEDS

Sorry, no early christmas for you dem ;P

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Man you cant do that :p

I don't know how you can turn down Giggy in your.. um.... situation.

calder

Hah sorry to get u excited. False alarm - and really who would trade niedermayer for giggy??

I was running late at work and now I'm in the hosp on my BB typing like a madman tryig to get this reversed. Hope the cancer pts watvhing me think I'm working on something :p

dem

calder said:
Hah sorry to get u excited. False alarm - and really who would trade niedermayer for giggy??

Someone who has Auld, Clutch, and Osgood in their stable!! :lol

Whatever.. if youre going to be a baby about it i'll just trade him back if it goes through :p

Alucard

Banned
In other news, the Pens are going into the season without naming a captain, and opting to go with 3 assistants instead. Makes sense to me. Sid's still too young to take that kind of leadership role IMO.

Also, Crosby, Armstrong, and Staal are going to play on the first line against the Flyers tonight. Second line will consist of Malkin, Malone, and Recchi. Where's Nils Ekman in this picture?...And are the Pens really considering giving Staal a pro roster spot at such a young age? Either way, I'm plenty excited to see how the team does against the Flyers tonight.

Crosby on the Ottawa loss:

“I thought we worked hard. We created a lot of chances and we played well in the first half,” Penguins star Sidney Crosby said. “When you come out and play well in the first half, especially when your goalie is playing well, it’s good. With the amount of power plays, if your special teams aren’t clicking, it’s hard to get a lot going. I think we are happy with our work ethic; we want to bear down a little more, but it’s been a long time since we played a game. I think it was pretty good if you look at that.”

SA-X

Um, yeah, I kinda selected league votes to nullify trades, and yeah now that we all have players it won't let me change it back to commish veto. :lol

If dem doesn't trade Nieds back I can just edit your rosters back to how they were before the trade though.

dem

SA-X said:
Um, yeah, I kinda selected league votes to nullify trades, and yeah now that we all have players it won't let me change it back to commish veto. :lol

If dem doesn't trade Neids back I can just edit your rosters back to how they were before the trade though.

For the record.. i shouldnt HAVE to trade him back.
I will.. but i shouldnt have to.

calder

I agree you don't have to, but I think it'd be a dick move to refuse to change a trade that the guy accepted in error and immediately said was a mistake (and really, my reply "accepting" the offer explained why i was rejecting it). That's the way my leagues have always rolled, and I'm glad you're the same way.

When someone has second thoughts a couple hours later, or watches sportscenter and sees the guy they just traded for break his leg in 9 places, and then tries to get out I say too bad. Actually, I say hahahaha when that happens. I also don't like it when the league votes down a trade that was made in good faith because it makes a top team better, that sucks because you know it's just a few guys in the top 5 voting against it to stop another top team from improving a weak spot or something. That's lame, and used to happen in my hometown league all the damn time.

Easiest way to undo the trade is just have a few ppl vote against it and get it tossed that way, no need to mess with league settings. Either way no biggie, and sorry for the hassle.

calder

Damn I tried watching some of the Flyers/Pens exhibition game on the NHL Network and I just can't. Early preseason 'games' are painful to watch, not only because you're going "who?" at half the names. :lol

calder

Shaw still doesn't have Center Ice that I can see. Simply unacceptable, and every time I ask them (3 times this calendar year so far!) they say no then immediately launch into a spiel about getting NFL Sunday Ticket. Like that'll do or something.

I can't fathom how one of the larger cable companies in canada wouldn't have the freaking NHL package available. That'd be like Charter deciding to not bother with Sunday Ticket... I just don't understand. *sob*

PS - for those of you with cable companies that offer it, how much is it per month? I'd assume around or less than the $40 a month?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Wow, that's really bad luck, first game with the Pens and Malkin's already hurt, I hope it's nothing serious but it looks like it might be a broken arm.

Alucard

Banned
pops619 said:
Well, Malkin got hurt. Collided with LeClair, landed on his face/shoulder. Looks like he separated his shoulder. :(

No freaking way. :( Oh please oh PLEASE let him be okay and not be out for more than a few weeks, a month tops.

On an upside, Gonchar's got 2 goals and an assist tonight.

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
calder said:
PS - for those of you with cable companies that offer it, how much is it per month? I'd assume around or less than the $40 a month?

Cogeco is shit too. Center Ice comes in a sports package...

THE SUPER SPORTS PACK from COGECO
only $26.99/month*

* Minimum 6-month subscription required

Wherever they play and no matter when the game is - you'll be there. Fulfill every sports fan's fantasy by enjoying front row seats with NFL SUNDAY TICKET™, MLB Extra Innings, NHL® Centre Ice®, US College Football, and Basketball, OHL Action Pak and NASCAR in Car all from the comfort of your own couch. The SUPER SPORTS PACK from COGECO is only available on Digital Cable.

The ultimate sports programming package for the ultimate sports fan. With the SUPER SPORTS PACK you get sports programming 7-days a week 365-days a year:

NFL Sunday Ticket
NHL Centre Ice
MLB Extra Innings
OHL Action Pack
Nascar In Car
US College Football and Basketball

http://www.cogeco.ca/en/sports_super_packages_o.html

Alucard

Banned
WTF...listening to online Pens radio thinking I'm listening to Philly/Pens and the game is actually an old Pens/Leafs game. @_@

pops619

Pens look like a completely different team after Malkin got hurt. They were looking nice up until then. Malkin especially was looking great. What a terrible turn of events, especially after all the drama this summer that led up to him being here. Hopefully he's ok, but I'm expecting the worst.

Karakand

calder said:

I think it's $150 USD for the season if you order before mid-October. (less than $40 per month for 4 months)

In other news, :lol @ Yahoo! Sports.

yahoololon9.png

Wolf

GO HABS GO
Just caught the Malkin collision...he fell hard and akwardly. He's gone to the hospital, no words yet.

Leclair says his skate caught a rought when Malkin came speeding into him...

btw I for one voted against the Calder/dem trade. If I can do my part to ensure Calder doesn't get a good goaltender, well you better bet your ass I will! ;)

Alucard

Banned
pops619 said:
Pens look like a completely different team after Malkin got hurt. They were looking nice up until then. Malkin especially was looking great. What a terrible turn of events, especially after all the drama this summer that led up to him being here. Hopefully he's ok, but I'm expecting the worst.

Son of a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Again, please oh please oh PLEASE don't let it be terribly serious. :(

calder said:
Shaw still doesn't have Center Ice that I can see. Simply unacceptable, and every time I ask them (3 times this calendar year so far!) they say no then immediately launch into a spiel about getting NFL Sunday Ticket. Like that'll do or something.

I can't fathom how one of the larger cable companies in canada wouldn't have the freaking NHL package available. That'd be like Charter deciding to not bother with Sunday Ticket... I just don't understand. *sob*

That's why I switched to Sattelite. Shaw is a bitch.

calder

Wolf: you're also voting against dem trading an iffy starter for one of the best dmen in hockey. ;) Of course anyone who remembers the playoffs thread knows how huge my man-crush on Scott Niedermayer is.

Karakand said:
I think it's $150 USD for the season if you order before mid-October. (less than $40 per month for 4 months)

In other news, :lol @ Yahoo! Sports.

yahoololon9.png
A) Center Ice is cheaper than I thought, that's cool but it makes me even more angry that I can't get it without switching to a dish which would be a huge pain for me.

B) OMGWTFBBQ IS UP WITH THAT STORY. TELL ME YOU PHOTOSHOPPED THAT. Oh, he's just talking about the end of the age of the enforcer. Headline writer had me fooled. :lol

pops619

Malkin went to the hospital during the second and was back shortly into the third. At the very least, I guess that means it's not too too serious, like not broken.

Alucard

Banned
pops619 said:
Malkin went to the hospital during the second and was back shortly into the third. At the very least, I guess that means it's not too too serious, like not broken.

Wait, is he actually on the ice?...

Also, WTF SERGEI GONCHAR 2 GOALS AND 3 ASSISTS?! And yay for Crosby and Armstrong.

pops619

No, he's not playing, but he returned to the locker room from the hospital. It could still be bad, like rotater cuff damage, but it's probably not a broken arm, at the least. There's supposed to be an update after the game.

calder

:lol I keep reminding myself about getting too excited about preseason games, and yet I still had bumped Colby Armstrong up another 10 spots in my prerankings after watching half a period of him on Crosby's line earlier tonight. Another hour and I'll have him in my top 100.

I'm watching the game again and I don't see Malkin or hear them talking about it, is he really ok? That would suck so bad if he was hurt enough to miss even a few weeks.

Also, FSN Pittsburgh sucks. Not as bad as some of the local affiliates you see, but damn these guys better be going through camp too.

Alucard

Banned
calder said:
:lol I keep reminding myself about getting too excited about preseason games, and yet I still had bumped Colby Armstrong up another 10 spots in my prerankings after watching half a period of him on Crosby's line earlier tonight. Another hour and I'll have him in my top 100.

I'm watching the game again and I don't see Malkin or hear them talking about it, is he really ok? That would suck so bad if he was hurt enough to miss even a few weeks.

Armstrong's not a bad pick IMO. He'll likely play with Crosby all season and should rack up some decent points. He was also like a +14 last year...on the PENGUINS. @_@ The guy's a real workhorse on the ice and became a personal favourite watching him last season.

Just looking forward to seeing the hilights of this game on Sportscentre tonight and hearing more on Malkin.

P.S. I hope Gonchar scores an empty netter this game for the hattrick and the 6 point night. :p

pops619

The word now is that Malkin was seen joking with his teammates after the game, and more importantly, he wasn't wearing a sling. Seems like we might have dodged a bullet big time. If this was serious, I can't believe he wouldn't be wearing a sling.

Reilly

pops619 said:
The word now is that Malkin was seen joking with his teammates after the game, and more importantly, he wasn't wearing a sling. Seems like we might have dodged a bullet big time. If this was serious, I can't believe he wouldn't be wearing a sling.

where did you get that info?

edit: found it. Good news indeed

Alucard

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Leafs beat the Sens :D

Watching the hilights, I gotta say that Tellqvist looked pretty solid. Him and Raycroft may provid a decent 1-2 punch for the Leafs.

I really hope Malkin's going to be alright. We'll know more by tomorrow. Saw the hilights of him from tonight's game too, and damn if he wasn't impressive. We neeeeeeeeeed this kid on the ice. So excited! :D

Also, I know it's only pre-season, but Crosby's got 5 points in 2 games. More reason for optimism.

Alucard said:
Watching the hilights, I gotta say that Tellqvist looked pretty solid. Him and Raycroft may provid a decent 1-2 punch for the Leafs.

I really hope Malkin's going to be alright. We'll know more by tomorrow. Saw the hilights of him from tonight's game too, and damn if he wasn't impressive. We neeeeeeeeeed this kid on the ice. So excited! :D

Also, I know it's only pre-season, but Crosby's got 5 points in 2 games. More reason for optimism.

Malkin better be ok

Alucard

Banned
BigJonsson said:
Malkin better be ok

Yeah, he's not only good for the Pens but good for the league too. The more special talents in the league, the more attractive the product is for potential fans.

Anyhoo, bed time. 'Nite. Let's go Pens.

OMG THE NEW SEASON IS SO CLOSE I'M PUMPED!

pops619

Crosby's going to have a monster year. He's looked so good in these first two preseason games. He was relatively quiet last year at this time.

Assuming Malkin is ok, I expect big things from him too. He really is like Lemieux out there. This could be a very, very fun season for us.

Karakand

Anaheim 9:22 2nd, Dustin Penner 1 (Ryan Shannon, Todd Marchant)
Anaheim 13:03 2nd, Dustin Penner 2 (Todd Marchant)
Anaheim 16:42 2nd, Todd Marchant 1 (Dustin Penner, Ryan Shannon)

Dustin Penner is looking damn good. Quack, quack, quack, quack motha****as.

P.S. ESPN is in on the Domi love too! :lol

domilolsf5.png

Kingpen

some unconfirmed reports say that malkins shoulder was able to be popped back in place last night, after being separated. And that he is doing a lot better.

Recchi broke a cheekbone after getting a high stick, so he will be out for a while. Wonder if the impressive Jordan Staal will be taking a roster spot now on opening night. He has looked pretty good in camp and better then anyone other then Malkin.

MrPrime

I almost forgot Recchi got back to Pittsburg after winning the Cup with Carolina, he should've stayed with the Hurricanes but hey his experience is welcomed in the Pens anyday!

To see Malkin get injured i held in a chuckle and ended up saying "Ouch" for both him who just begins and the Pens who just got him after that Saga with Russia. Hope he'll get back soon, hopefully before season starts.

And well being a Habs in heart (living near Montreal) i'm a bit disapointed by the Canadiens but i'm not worried at all, what happens in the off season means absolutely nothing untill the season starts. I expect better results than last year for the Habs for certain though.

Have a good season folks!

pops619

The reports today still say that Malkin's arm isn't in a sling. He didn't even go to the doctor until a short time ago, reportedly. All this being the case, it doesn't sound very serious. The Pens are supposed to comment soon. As far as Recchi goes, he's got a broken cheekbone but isn't expected to miss any time. Sounds like the Pens got out of this potential mess in pretty good shape. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed some more.

Barrage

The Stars have been signing key pieces to long-term contracts lately, signing Lehtinen and Morrow. I really like the Morrow signing(this guy has future Captain written all over him) but I'm hoping that by the end of Lehtinen's contract he hasn't deteriorated any.

Alucard

Banned
Damn. Looks like I won't be seeing either Malkin or Crosby on Saturday. :( Maybe Staal will be on the ice though. Gimme something to get excited about guys!

I was listening to the game via internet radio on 630 ched

I can't believe how excited I'm getting over a preseason game :lol

Also, it's worth rubbing in that Luongo let in the first shot he received as a Canuck

Discharger said:
I was listening to the game via internet radio on 630 ched

I can't believe how excited I'm getting over a preseason game :lol

Also, it's worth rubbing in that Luongo let in the first shot he received as a Canuck

:(

Well, it was on the powerplay.

At least Daniel and Henrik are earning their pay.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
GO OILERS GO!

**** THE DUCKS!

PRONGER HAS BASTARD CHILDREN!

THOOORRRRTTOOONN THORRRRTOONNN

Don't mind me. I'm just practicing some chants during this preseason. Not all will make the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom