• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PAL PLAYSTATION®3 Launch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

llTll

Banned
johnl said:
Let's sum up the situation:
6 months late, between $150 and $250 dollars more expensive, and doesn't even play as many games.

That pole is even thicker and more covered in broken glass than usual.

if all the people like you, then we wouldnt be playing any games. because there wont be any console out because YOU are not buying any

or is that Sony stealth troll ?
let the mods decide. i gave up on them long time ago anyway

Tieno

They literally just called me a minute ago saying I can pick up my ps3 this friday. It's almost surreal. Woot! Now I only need Resistance as the free game, going to bere there when the store opens.
I'm just glad I don't have to jump through hoops like the PS3 and 360 launches in the USA.

Midas

Great. I'm still waiting for confirmation whether or not I can play online with Euro people with a US copy of Motorstorm before purchase.

Six days!

Wollan

The dedicated servers of MotorStorm are region based. I'm not sure if that means it will auto adjust to your region or not though.

Midas

Wollan said:
The dedicated servers of MotorStorm are region based. I'm not sure if that means it will auto adjust to your region or not though.

OK. That gives us another question. Will it choose region based on which version of the game you got, or hardware.

Hmm I dunno, I was holding off to pick up a japanese PS3 when a friend goes over in May but I just found out I'm getting a 500 quid bonus from my work on April 1st.

But what to do? Thats the day Glastonbury tickets go on sale. Do I spend one weekend in a field with hippies and the best bands in the world or get a PS3 on launch?

Danj

Johnny Stuntman said:
Thats the day Glastonbury tickets go on sale. Do I spend one weekend in a field with hippies and the best bands in the world or get a PS3 on launch?

I asked my mum and she says go to Glastonbury, you can always get a PS3 later.

Wollan

Midas said:
OK. That gives us another question. Will it choose region based on which version of the game you got, or hardware.

If it chooses region. Resistance US version is 'locked' to US servers I believe (until the worldwide patch is released in May).

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Johnny Stuntman said:
But what to do? Thats the day Glastonbury tickets go on sale. Do I spend one weekend in a field with hippies and the best bands in the world or get a PS3 on launch?

That depends. Where do you stand on dyssentry?

Danj said:
I asked my mum and she says go to Glastonbury, you can always get a PS3 later.

Yeah, thats what the crusty, festival-lovin, hippie half of my soul tells me to do, but it is currently having the ultimate battle with my gaming/electronics junkie half.

Or I could just do what my OCD tells me and do both and live on chick peas and happiness for a month. Ah bollocks.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
When I receive my PS3 next friday, I'll be looking for some interesting things to try, some stuff that maybe will interest a new PS3 owner and make them find other ways to enjoy the console.

So far, I have:

- Create a Japanese Account, and Download the new Everybody's Golf Demo

And thats.... it. So anyone have any ideas as a "New PS3 Owners Exeperience Checklist"?

Wollan

Folding@Home is something relatively new and different.

Preparing videos that your going to store on the PS3 HDD (to show off in Home).

Forsete

Hmm.. I havent been able to find any demo kiosks of PS3 in my city. :/

Does anyone know how many kiosks Sony shipped to Europe? I remember them shipping quite a few to the US before launch.

Midas

Forsete said:
Hmm.. I havent been able to find any demo kiosks of PS3 in my city. :/

Does anyone know how many kiosks Sony shipped to Europe? I remember them shipping quite a few to the US before launch.

Where do you live? Pajala?

I saw one at my local EB Games in Södertälje. :lol

Forsete

Midas said:
Where do you live? Pajala?

I saw one at my local EB Games in Södertälje. :lol

Kalmar. :/

Checked SIBA and OnOff.

Edit: I noticed we have a "Game" store by Kopparslagen now. Shows how often I buy my games in the city. :D

gth

Neo Member
I'm thinking about "replacing" my MacMini with the PS3. I'm using the mini to browse the web, listening to mp3s, watching movies and pictures.
For this the PS3 would need to

- remove red eyes from pics
- zoom text in the browser
- Provide a solid replacement for iTunes (I'm still waiting sony)
- hook in to my home network

any hints, experiences?

Tieno

Ok, I got some numbers for BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg).

Apparantly we'll (BeNeLux) get 50.000 ps3's on launch day, 44.000 of those have been pre-ordered already.

Source: http://tweakers.net/nieuws/46728/Slechts-50.000-PS3s-beschikbaar-in-Benelux.html

To put this number into perspective: PS2 had 5.000:)lol), Xbox 360 had 15.000 and the Wii had 10.000.
Forsete said:
You cant stream to PS3 yet, but this software is very usefull when converting video to a format which GameOS supports.

http://www.redkawa.com/videoconverters/ps3video9/
Thanks! Too bad there isn't a similar program like transcode360 for the ps3.

Wollan

Norwegian PS3 'launch' party took place yesterday (friday night).
Famous Norwegian singer Mira Craig held a concert in Oslo for 700 invited people. There was a open bar for everyone to enjoy and there was one lucky winner who get herself a PS3.

img_45fbc5ae45a62.jpg

Mira Craig.

img_45fbc5c1239a5.jpg

The party.

img_45fbc9ccaeca3.jpg

The PS3 winner.

img_45fbc9deb8aeb.jpg

Another party image.

img_45fbc601cef68.jpg

More Mira Craig.

img_45fbc99f7b343.jpg

The center stage.

http://www.vgb.no/8004/perma/178553

Midas said:

Its based on game i have a jpn ps3 im based in england and have a us copy of motorstorm.

Midas

supermackem said:
Its based on game i have a jpn ps3 im based in england and have a us copy of motorstorm.

Thanks. This means that I'll have to order the PAL version, from where is the new question. :)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Wollan said:
Norwegian PS3 'launch' party took place yesterday (friday night).
Famous Norwegian singer Mira Craig held a concert in Oslo for 700 invited people. There was a open bar for everyone to enjoy and there was one lucky winner who get herself a PS3.

img_45fbc5ae45a62.jpg

Mira Craig.

WOAH! That Norwegian singer is hot! Do lots of Norwegians look like this? Do they typically have her skin tone?

Tieno

macksplack said:
You could buy a wireless bluetooth headset for about 30 euros. Wired is cheaper ofcourse.
Does the wired headset plug into the controller or the console?

Tieno

macksplack said:
Directly in the ps3, that's not an option for me once i get it, maybe for you?
Me neither, I'll go wireless then. I'll probably buy one during the summer.

SoVos20

Banned
Amazing how well it is doing in the UK and the rest of Europe given the higher price of 700 to 800 dollars. In Europe the PS3 is doing even better than the Wii and Xbox360 launch combined. Amazing really.

Funny how Americans complain about the price, but most Europeans don't even care when it cost even more there.

SoVos20 said:
Amazing how well it is doing in the UK and the rest of Europe given the higher price of 700 to 800 dollars. In Europe the PS3 is doing even better than the Wii and Xbox360 launch combined. Amazing really.

Funny how Americans complain about the price, but most Europeans don't even care when it cost even more there.

Why did you change threads? Do you think they will treat you more friendly in here?

And it's just not true what you post. You know, it sold a million too in NA. But it stoped selling pretty quick, and I predict the same for Europe.

It's not out yet!

This guy has to be a joke account.

SoVos20

Banned
RubberJohnny said:
It's not out yet!

This guy has to be a joke account.

I know it isn't out yet, I am talking about preorders. It has more preorders than Wii and Xbox360 did combined. It is already a huge success in europe given the latest news on demand and preorders. Pre orders have already exceeded a 3/4 of a million in europe.

Sirolf

SoVos20 said:
I know it isn't out yet, I am talking about preorders. It has more preorders than Wii and Xbox360 did combined. It is already a huge success in europe given the latest news on demand and preorders. Pre orders have already exceeded a 3/4 of a million in europe.

It's true in France for the largest game retailer (Micromania).The Wii is still selling really well(great success !!) but it doesn't interfere the PS3 preorders :)

painey

just saw a motorstorm advert during the grand prix.. missed the main advert but saw the end showing the box. It looked like actual gameplay footage, non of this enigma craziness.

SRG01

Not sure if this is old news, but PS3 60GB version is #1 on Amazon.co.uk's list right now.

(I have no idea why Amazon uk was in my recently viewed links...)

warthog

Less than a week...
I just got a router and a surround system to enhance the experience. Unfortunately I still have a SDTV. A couple more months and I'll get a HDTV though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom