• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official PC/PS3 Unreal Tournament 3 Thread. GODLIKE

Dartastic

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"Anyone know how well this bad boy will do running on a brand new 256 Macbook Pro running XP? What about UnrealEd3?"

Try the beta and find out?
True. I've never really had the computer power to actually run games... I've forgotten all about PC demos. Let's give this a shot! :lol

"what do I have to do to be able to run it?"

"Minimum System Requirements
Windows XP SP2 or Windows Vista
2.0+ GHZ Single Core Processor
512 Mbytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card

Recommended System Requirements
2.4+ GHZ Dual Core Processor
1 GBytes of System RAM
NVIDIA 7800GTX+ or ATI x1300+ Video Card"

It's in the first post.

mr stroke

NameGenerated said:
Quick question, how would the game run and look on my specs.

AMD 4000+ 2.4ghz Processor
ATI Radeon X800 GPU
1 gig of RAM

I want to know if I should get it now for PC or just wait and buy it for PS3.

I couldn't wait until the 10th so I just played the demo with almost the same specs(AMD 3400+)
and I was suprised to see it run at about 20-25FPS @1024x768 res with all sliders down to low(2-3)...
Suprisingly the game still looks pretty damn good at those specs but I will be holding out for the PS3 version as I am sure it will look better than my old PC and hopefully run flawless with keyboard+mouse, I just pray to god the PS3 comunity for this game is strong and people use there headsets!

Danj

BradVanDam said:
so i have to rebuild my pc pretty much :(

Yes. Unfortunately, your PC sucks worse than mine did before I upgraded in May. Thankfully, DDR2 RAM is extremely cheap at the moment, so it's not a bad time to upgrade now.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
BradVanDam said:
so i have to rebuild my pc pretty much :(
Even if you COULD load the game, would you really want to play it with such visual settings and low performance?

theBishop

Banned
dralla said:
So if you have the PC version, you can run a DS for the PS3 version? It's a nice feature but how many people do you expect to do this, outside of people on these forums? Now if I could run a DS without owning the PC version, maybe just downloading an app, that would friggin nice

You don't need to own the PC game to get the server software. This is pretty standard in online PC games. You can download the Windows server here:
http://download.beyondunreal.com/fileworks.php/official/ut3/ut3_dedicated_server_windows.rar

the linux server (and client) is coming soon.

McLovin

So.. does anyone know why Sony isn't advertising the hell out of UT III? The game is going to bomb if nobody knows about it :(

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
McLovin said:
So.. does anyone know why Sony isn't advertising the hell out of UT III? The game is going to bomb if nobody knows about it :(

Because Sony is too worried about selling the PS3 and a Blu-ray player imo. Uncharted, HS, Ratchet, and UT3 are underadvertised.

COD4 and Assassin's Creed was advertised pretty good though.

kay

McLovin said:
They only advertise stuff that will help them gain awareness. UT is a PC franchise through and through and the game isn't even exclusive and it's mainly multiplayer, something that is generally not advertised much. I find it odd that they are advertising two Ubisoft games in Home though, HAZE and AC. You know who they are friendly with.

Saw a tv ad yesterday. (Sweden) It was for the PC version and was all gameplay as far as I could tell. Pretty cool since all game commercials always have all or mostly rendered stuff in them. So it's cool that they felt the game could stand on it's own graphicwise.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
mckmas8808 said:
Because Sony is too worried about selling the PS3 and a Blu-ray player imo. Uncharted, HS, Ratchet, and UT3 are underadvertised.

Yeah, this is what bothers me the most about Sony this gen. It's one thing to shoot yourself in the foot with your overpriced, poorly positioned hardware, but it's another thing to hang your partners out to dry. Uncharted and Ratchet are two of the best games this gen. Yet Sony did nothing - absolutely nothing - to support them. They would have been million+ sellers on the 360 by now.

kay

RSTEIN said:
Yeah, this is what bothers me the most about Sony this gen. It's one thing to shoot yourself in the foot with your overpriced, poorly positioned hardware, but it's another thing to hang your partners out to dry. Uncharted and Ratchet are two of the best games this gen. Yet Sony did nothing - absolutely nothing - to support them. They would have been million+ sellers on the 360 by now.
Yeah
no

Crisco

Banned
Have you even watched TV the past few weeks? I saw the Uncharted ad at almost every commercial break during the NFL games yesterday.

gbovo

RSTEIN said:
Sony has had TV commercials for Rathcet and Uncharted (on the major networks) on regular rotation for a while now.

Well, do you also think Sony didn't have a lot of time to bang out a commericial from the short time between the announcement that the game IS in fact coming this year and the actual release?

Do those things even take long to make to begin with?

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
Athlon 4800+
Geforce 7900 GS 256 MB
2 GB of RAM

I'm currently running the game at 800x600 with 4 for both texture and world detail. The game runs great most of the time, though some maps are noticeably better than others. Like many, I am planning to purchase the nVidia 8800GT by Christmas. With an 8800GT 512mb what settings can I expect to run UT3 on?

Madman

mckmas8808 said:

No way. Ratchet, Uncharted, and HS have been advertised quite heavily. Both with dedicated commercials and the general commercial.

As far as UT3, I haven't seen any ad period. I would have no clue about this game if I didn't follow this stuff. Is there a commercial?

Cheeto

JonAmikar said:
Athlon 4800+
Geforce 7900 GS 256 MB
2 GB of RAM
With an 8800GT 512mb what settings can I expect to run UT3 on?
F YEAH!

You should get maxed out settings, but you might want to upgrade to an X2.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
gbovo said:
Sony has had TV commercials for Rathcet and Uncharted (on the major networks) on regular rotation for a while now.

I haven't seen any, but then again I'm in Canada so we may not get the ads here.

Also: it's not just quantity. You can play the same advert 100 times in a row but if it doesn't get the message across it won't do any good. Sony's marketing has been horrible this gen (hence them firing their agency). MS, on the other hand, has been spot on. Gears' Mad World was brilliant. The adverts for Mass Effect hit the right note. Halo 3's ads hit the right emotional tone.

Danj

JonAmikar said:
Athlon 4800+
Geforce 7900 GS 256 MB
2 GB of RAM

I'm currently running the game at 800x600 with 4 for both texture and world detail. The game runs great most of the time, though some maps are noticeably better than others. Like many, I am planning to purchase the nVidia 8800GT by Christmas. With an 8800GT 512mb what settings can I expect to run UT3 on?

I used to have a 6600 256Mb, and I was pretty much limited to 800x600 also. Now that I have my 8800GT I've been able to put it on 1280x960 (my desktop res, I still have a 17" CRT) and max out the settings with no problems.

gcubed

RSTEIN said:
I haven't seen any, but then again I'm in Canada so we may not get the ads here.

Also: it's not just quantity. You can play the same advert 100 times in a row but if it doesn't get the message across it won't do any good. Sony's marketing has been horrible this gen (hence them firing their agency). MS, on the other hand, has been spot on. Gears' Mad World was brilliant. The adverts for Mass Effect hit the right note. Halo 3's ads hit the right emotional note.

both the ratchet and clank and uncharted commercials are pretty damn good, IMO.

I saw at least 5 uncharted commercials during football yesterday, the "PS3 and Uncharted" has sponsered a few games also. Its DEFINITELY not for lack of advertising. Then again, i havent seen any Mass Effect commercials.

gbovo

RSTEIN said:

Also: it's not just quantity. You can play the same advert 100 times in a row but if it doesn't get the message across it won't do any good. Sony's marketing has been horrible this gen (hence them firing their agency). MS, on the other hand, has been spot on. Gears' Mad World was brilliant. The adverts for Mass Effect hit the right note. Halo 3's ads hit the right emotional tone.

theBishop said:
I wonder if Midway's delay announcement affected the marketing schedule.
There's your answer.

Firewire

Banned
RSTEIN said:

Both Ratchet & Clank & Uncharted commercials are everywhere here in Canada.
I've seen both ads on Space, G4TV, TSN, YTV & Discovery. The channels to really watch are Space & G4, they have a heavy rotation of both commercials & the black morphing PS3 ads.

1-D_FTW

What are you guys talking about with no Rachet or Uncharted commercials? Those are the only 2 gaming commercials I've been seeing. Granted, I don't watch a lot of television. And except for sports, I DVR and buzz through commercials. But between ESPN and sports in general I've seen a bunch of Uncharted and Rachet commercials.

SRG01

Where are you guys seeing the Uncharted commercials in Canada?

Then again, the only two shows I watch on TV are Heroes and House. :lol

commissar

So there was a character unlock code which came with the game, for the character Alanna (Necris).
Did anyone get someone different?

"So there was a character unlock code which came with the game, for the character Alanna (Necris).
Did anyone get someone different?"

I think the unlock codes just unlock a character you would normally get through playing single player without having to play single player.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
RSTEIN said:
I live in Canada, and don't even watch that much TV - and I've seen HS, R&C and Uncharted commercials probably hundreds of times by now, on all imaginable channels. Definitely some of the most advertised games on TV in the last few months. They even have some Mummy (the movie) - Uncharted tie-in ad on City TV running on now. They are all really nice ads as well that convey the games' tones really well (and look nothing like those early white room ads).

No UT3 ad of any kind however.

CAVE343

Well the game is coming out next week so I hope Its gonna sell well. Kinda curious how the game is going to compare with the pc version, graphic and gameplay wise.

Mash

2 Questions:

1) I could not rid the demo of that awful blurry effect, even though my specs are well above recommended, can I get rid of this in the full game?

2) I like TF2 and Battlefield 2, other games I just haven't been able to stick with recently; what's going to be the best option you think for someone with my vague taste, CoD4 or UT3 in terms of online play?

"1) I could not rid the demo of that awful blurry effect, even though my specs are well above recommended, can I get rid of this in the full game?"

Turn up the screen percentage.

"2) I like TF2 and Battlefield 2, other games I just haven't been able to stick with recently; what's going to be the best option you think for someone with my vague taste, CoD4 or UT3 in terms of online play?"

Seems like you like class-based shooters, may not be your cuppa.

Let me just agree with everyone who has said bad things about the marketing of the PS3 version by stating this in a faux-question format:

The PS3 version of UT3 is out?

Cant wait to pick this up when its released. I just got my PS3 in late November and this is the second game i'll be picking up(got Ratchet and Clank).

h3ro

AltogetherAndrews said:
Let me just agree with everyone who has said bad things about the marketing of the PS3 version by stating this in a faux-question format:

Ships Dec. 10, in stores in "limited quantities" on the 11th...

EktorPR

gnarkill bill said:
Cant wait to pick this up when its released. I just got my PS3 in late November and this is the second game i'll be picking up(got Ratchet and Clank).

Get Uncharted, okthxbye.

To those with in-store connections, does anybody know how well (or bad) the preorders are moving? I think I'll reserve it tomorrow.

antiloop

1-D_FTW said:
What are you guys talking about with no Rachet or Uncharted commercials? Those are the only 2 gaming commercials I've been seeing. Granted, I don't watch a lot of television. And except for sports, I DVR and buzz through commercials. But between ESPN and sports in general I've seen a bunch of Uncharted and Rachet commercials.

I have seen no Uncharted commercial here in Sweden yet. Although the game isn't out here yet so...

But I have seen the Ratchet & Clank commercial at least 4 times+ most recently the Unreal Tournament PC commercial. I was kinda surprised.

Replying to Mash,

Hey if you like class based shooters, check out Enemy Territory Quake Wars.

Excellent game that is supposedly similar to BF2 but also very different (I never played BF2 so don't ask me what they mean).

There actually IS a UT PC commercial? Granted, I don't watch TV much (read: at all), but yeah I haven't heard much advertising about it.

Bad-joey: it's in the UTengine.ini in my documents\my games\UT3 etc. search the INI for splitscreen and uncomment it.

spwolf

AltogetherAndrews said:

for people that didnt get it, week ago Sony did not even know when will it ship and they wont advertise it until it ships.

JonAmikar

Ignorant Scrub
Teknopathetic said:
Bad-joey: it's in the UTengine.ini in my documents\my games\UT3 etc. search the INI for splitscreen and uncomment it.

Are you sure its in UTengine.ini? Theres no reference to splitscreen in mine. Post a screen of it in action. (I do have the beta patch btw)

Top Bottom