• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Sunset Overdrive Trailer

Looks really cool and colorful. A nice contrast to the usual shooters that come out every fall. This E3 is going to be a wild one I think.

Silky

Banned
All of the below games looked awesome in previews. But let's see how many actually lived up to their hype:

Resistance: Fall of Man (Not bad for a launch game)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (Nice visuals, far too short)
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty (Kiss my fucking ass)
Resistance 2 (One of the worst FPS of gen 7)
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time (Almost)
Resistance 3 (Welcome to the bargain bins)
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (Eat a dick)
Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (Eat a smaller dick)
Fuse (WTF?)
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus (There was a game called Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus?)

As a previous PS3 owner, I am just giving Xbox One owners a word of caution. Do not get too hyped. Wait until reviews.

That's funny. Out of that list, I enjoyed all fo them outside of two titles.

What's your point.

jbug617

Banned
I got an answer about a possibility of a reversible cover art. I like the new one but the rumored box art from last year.

@JamesStevenson: maybe. Not sure the dealio there though we can discuss

th

MarkV

It does not, and the game has been confirmed to currently be sub-1080p (and it most likely will stay that way).

Maybe some pixel counters out there can help because i'm confident that the last video released is native 1080p ...not that it bother me much if the game will be 900p or similar.

Really love the trailer. Funny enough I kind of get the graphic complaints watching the official trailer over the GI leaked stuff. Still looks like amazing fun.

This sounds so childish, oh my god. Doubt they're scheming from the start of who to side with like some schoolyard team choosing to deliberately piss off fans who just happen to stick to one platform only. They found a publisher willing to make a good deal, simple as.

They've spent 20 years preparing to upset Rapier, please give him the chance to grieve.

border

The game just looks incredible, and this First Look footage makes me glad that I own an Xbox One.

I've never played an Insomniac game before, but I'm definitely looking forward to this one being my first. I typically ignore shooters, but all the traversal stuff here is just too cool to ignore.

DocSeuss

This sounds so childish, oh my god. Doubt they're scheming from the start of who to side with like some schoolyard team choosing to deliberately piss off fans who just happen to stick to one platform only. They found a publisher willing to make a good deal, simple as.

I think the only actual 'slap in the face' to fans is when someone takes a brand and then abandons the paying userbase for another market that doesn't care about said brand. Example: Hitman: Absolution. Who was that trying to please? The Uncharted crowd? They're not into great, creative gameplay--they want cinematic crap. So we ended up getting a game that pleased no one. That's a slap in the face. Or, hey, how about Dungeon Keeper? The people who like the game: people who played it on the PC. People who don't care about the IP: people on phones, most of whom probably haven't even heard of Dungeon Keeper. There was no reason for EA to brand it with something that appeals to one audience, but make a gametype that appeals to someone who doesn't care about the brand. Could have had a different name.

This is a developer and a new IP. It's not the same thing.

Salz01

I'm cautiously optimistic. It looks good at first. Not sure I would get an xbox just for this. I've been burned far too much from this developer. I do want to see more, and I want to know rez and all that good stuff.

My mother tells me that even as a very small child, I would burst into tears if I were to view media content at a resolution lower than 1080P.

I got locked in the coal shed for saying Demon Attack looked bland and boring.

I sure learned my lesson after that.

This game looks really fun and the color scheme is awesome. But I can't help but feel like there's an intense overreaction to what this game really is. It just doesn't take itself seriously enough for me to take it as seriously as people here are. Do you guys really think a cartoony arcadey action game is a system seller? Obviously that doesn't even really matter, I'm just thinking out loud after reading some of the responses on here.

Insomniac is an awesome studio tho, we should not be surprised that they're working on a good game.

jett

D-Member
There seems to be an apparent lack of momentum, either that or the character moves a tad too slow. Otherwise it looks pretty nice.

JLeack

Banned
I don't care for the character design, but absolutely love the gameplay and world.

I'm super excited for this.

LuchaShaq

Banned
First time I've even been a tiny bit interested in an XB1 game.

Looks great but I probably won't ever play it, oh well.

Vico

Sunset Overdrive |OT| Fizzie says... Boom

Sunset Overdrive |OT| Welcome to next-gen respawning... Brought to you by Fizzco

Sunset Overdrive |OT| Insomniac just drank Overcharge

Krakn3Dfx

This game looks really fun and the color scheme is awesome. But I can't help but feel like there's an intense overreaction to what this game really is. It just doesn't take itself seriously enough for me to take it as seriously as people here are. Do you guys really think a cartoony arcadey action game is a system seller? Obviously that doesn't even really matter, I'm just thinking out loud after reading some of the responses on here.

Insomniac is an awesome studio tho, we should not be surprised that they're working on a good game.

Still waiting for the mini-game reveal that revolves around raising pinatas.

I'm loving the look and atmosphere. I just need to see more deets on the mission structure and gameplay to be sold. It's got the foundation to shine, though. Don't let me down Insomniac.

Top Bottom