• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

RelentlessRolento said:
dont bash it totally. I've had mostly shitty connections, but I've had a few that are lag free which impresses it can even work with Tekken.

wat. I've played 27 matches in player, only 5 green bar, and there is always at least a quarter second input delay, and that's best case scenario. Input delay on the freakin character select screen with my buddy down the road, whom we both have the same ISP, direct connected, and for reference games like SF4, BB, and VF5 are all offline quality.

Sucks because right now this is my favorite fighting game. It's crazy what people will put up with online...the community is live and kicking, but man when the best connection in Tekken is about the equivalent to a 2 bar connection in SF... what the hell happened.

Please. Please. Please patch the online netcode Namco.

MrPliskin

Banned
Platinum trophy Get!

Now I just have to wait until I'm around people I can play locally, since that's really what Tekken is all about anyway.

Please. Please. Please patch the online netcode Namco.[/QUOTE]

They are, I remember reading it at Iplaywinner. Just no date yet on when it's coming.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't like how YT downgrades my videos like a whole lot.

This is how it's supposed to look.
w9gmxv.jpg

#@#%@$%@#@%$!!!

zoukka

Wow I tried turning motion blur off and it was a strange experience! The characters look sharp now, but they have this "marionette" movement to 'em and everything looks totally choppy even though it's 60fps.

I now actually crave for games that have a higher framerate than 60fps :eek:

rvy

Banned
zoukka said:
Wow I tried turning motion blur off and it was a strange experience! The characters look sharp now, but they have this "marionette" movement to 'em and everything looks totally choppy even though it's 60fps.

I now actually crave for games that have a higher framerate than 60fps :eek:
What? No.

What?

LowParry

So...I've been maining Jin and Armor King lately. Which is completely opposite of what I used to play in five which was Kazuya and Ling. But goddamn, Armor King is boss. I need a third and looking to pick up Bob though. I wanted to give Leo a good try but I need a little more complexity with a new character. And Bob has it.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Shikashi said:
What? No.

What?

Yes. If you've actually seen games running over 60fps on a monitor that can actually display those frames you wouldn't be so confused. Motion blur goes a long way to replicating the experience.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok FUCK all other games, I've had my two days of break with The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 and now I'm returning. HARD.

*starts up practice*

See you in 8-9 hours!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
And immediately I find out that Bryan's super awesome df+3 is juggle+bound-friendly (72 damage combo) :lol Bryan is ridiculous in this game.

obaidr

Banned
RelentlessRolento said:
just started screwing around with bob and kinda enjoy him... out of the new guys so far I'm wanting to learn more either lars or bob.

since tekken Tag Bob is best new character. Great combos, great personality.

Yoshichan

THREE battles later online and I get my first:

"Fuck you and fuck Lee *** ass "

:lol I love this, pity about the lag though.

Seiken said:
And immediately I find out that Bryan's super awesome df+3 is juggle+bound-friendly (72 damage combo) :lol Bryan is ridiculous in this game.

I'm genna say that Bryan is really alot more fun in T6 than in T5... T5 he was just scary... in T6 he's fun.

Yoshichan

I just met the best Kazuya player in my life. I wrote 10/10 KAZ in subject, my most epic two battles I've had online in Tekken! I suspected he was from GAF, true?

Yoshichan

And can someone please tell me what fucking ass hole at Namco decided NOT to let Kazuya stagger after his third hit being blocked on his air kick-thing?

Ok guys. I need GAF help.

Train. With Demons. Halp.

How the fuck are you supposed to beat this? I have tried EVERYTHING. I think after about 100 trys, and that is no exageration, the furthest I got, somehow, was Jin and I was about 50 percent of his life, then A THOUSAND FUCKING DEMONS raped me and I cryed.

How. How. How GAF. I ask you. How.

Yoshichan

Minigun + Shoot him out.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
luka said:
Yes. If you've actually seen games running over 60fps on a monitor that can actually display those frames you wouldn't be so confused. Motion blur goes a long way to replicating the experience.
I have and it looks awful unless the game is synced to your monitor's refresh rate. Tearing aplenty.

If it looks choppy then either the animation is trash or it's not running vsynced.

Seiken said:
Minigun + Shoot him out.

Oh so save the minigun for the boss? Didn't think about that one. Thanks for the tip.

Still easier said than done though :/.

What in general can I do from letting these demons rape me and Allisa in 2 seconds? I find myself spamming back+lp+hp since it's safe, knocks down, and does good damage. Then when I'm surrounded I throw a demon, even though they usually break the throw, at least it knocks down each surrounding demon and gets them the fuck off of you for 2 seconds.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Arpharmd B said:

How the fuck are you supposed to beat this? I have tried EVERYTHING. I think after about 100 trys, and that is no exageration, the furthest I got, somehow, was Jin and I was about 50 percent of his life, then A THOUSAND FUCKING DEMONS raped me and I cryed.

I beat it by saving the gatling, getting D.Jin at a 90° angle to the side and just shooting him off the train with it. Instant Win!

MrPliskin

Banned
Arpharmd B said:

Who are you using? That has a good amount of impact on how hard it is, believe it or not. Some moves are more useful than others.

Basic tips are:

Use items that give freeze and electrify stats for both characters.
250+ health is pretty much necessary.
Damage modifiers are a plus.
Item and money modifiers are useless.

Also, give Alisa a weapon on her back, generally it can hit multiple enemies and extends the combo for her.

Also, try to dispatch enemies as quickly as possible. It's best to save the mini-gun for the big waves of enemies.

Lastly, when Jin appears, you can juggle him off the train no problem with a hop kick and a few jabs.

scotcheggz

If the gun fails, you can juggle him out, you just have to be quick! I kept missing with the gun and ran out of bullets where I was all in a panic, so I just went mental and managed to juggle him off the edge. That put on a sweat, I'll tell you! :lol

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Arpharmd B said:
Oh so save the minigun for the boss? Didn't think about that one. Thanks for the tip.

Still easier said than done though :/.

What in general can I do from letting these demons rape me and Allisa in 2 seconds? I find myself spamming back+lp+hp since it's safe, knocks down, and does good damage. Then when I'm surrounded I throw a demon, even though they usually break the throw, at least it knocks down each surrounding demon and gets them the fuck off of you for 2 seconds.

Good S and A rank items. Defense, HP, attack, and elemental damage. Make sure Alisa has 'em too. Those, a good button string that hits in an arc and the gatling should see you through.

MrPliskin said:
Who are you using? That has a good amount of impact on how hard it is, believe it or not. Some moves are more useful than others.

Basic tips are:

Use items that give freeze and electrify stats for both characters.
250+ health is pretty much necessary.
Damage modifiers are a plus.
Item and money modifiers are useless.

Also, give Alisa a weapon on her back, generally it can hit multiple enemies and extends the combo for her.

Also, try to dispatch enemies as quickly as possible. It's best to save the mini-gun for the big waves of enemies.

Lastly, when Jin appears, you can juggle him off the train no problem with a hop kick and a few jabs.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Pliskin: I'm using Lars/Allisa. I have Lars health maxed, but Allias isn't and I don't have the items to max it. I will try equipping freeze items. Is there an area where I can get better life powerups for Allysa?

Aokage said:
Good S and A rank items. Defense, HP, attack, and elemental damage. Make sure Alisa has 'em too. Those, a good button string that hits in an arc and the gatling should see you through.

Wheres a good place to find those items for alisa?

Yoshichan

Arpharmd B said:
Wheres a good place to find those items for alisa?
Farm the train with two good increase-%-dropratio-items (equipped with both characters) I was fully equipped with S-gear with both Alisa and Paul in an hour.

Seiken said:
Farm the train with two good increase-%-dropratio-items (equipped with both characters) I was fully equipped with S-gear with both Alisa and Paul in an hour.

Sweet thanks for the help everyone. I'm glad I asked about this here.

MrPliskin

Banned
Also, Kazuya's stage isn't bad for items either.

Though, Nightmare Train is probably best, there's somewhere between 40 and 50 enemies that can potentially drop items, and they are generally fairly good items. You should be able to select your difficulty, and I believe playing on higher difficulties will yield better items.

MrPliskin said:
Also, Kazuya's stage isn't bad for items either.

Though, Nightmare Train is probably best, there's somewhere between 40 and 50 enemies that can potentially drop items, and they are generally fairly good items. You should be able to select your difficulty, and I believe playing on higher difficulties will yield better items.
Yoshi's stage is just as good as nightmare and easier honestly

I really enjoy playing Lars, such a smooth character. His action looks nice on screen as well. Also, I really do like Zafina(sp), her style is pretty odd, but she is right up my ally. Heard she was at the bottom of the tier lists, but i dont really care. Ill make her awesome!

Takuan

abstract alien said:
I really enjoy playing Lars, such a smooth character. His action looks nice on screen as well. Also, I really do like Zafina(sp), her style is pretty odd, but she is right up my ally. Heard she was at the bottom of the tier lists, but i dont really care. Ill make her awesome!
Lars does look pretty cool, I think I'll use him next. I'll have to play around with customizations though, 'cause he looks like a fuckin' idiot with that hairstyle.

LordK

Kadey said:

http://i37.tinypic.com/w9gmxv.jpg[IMG]

#@#%@$%@#@%$!!![/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you saved the image as a bmp or png and then gave it to tinypic to compress like mad? :P

I've learned it's best to do the jpg compression yourself and then upload it to tinypic. Or find a place you can host a png or bmp. :)

Teknoman

Kadey said:

w9gmxv.jpg

#@#%@$%@#@%$!!!

Are you using Windows movie maker for encoding? If so, publish the video at 720p

hteng

Banned
really weird, i get full bars, there's still noticeable lag in the inputs. Maybe the game isn't too tight to begin with (when compare to Soul Calibur 4) + the online latency just makes it feel somewhat clunky, but combos aren't difficult to pull off as you can buffer them and dial it out as soon as possible.

Gameplay wise I don't see the appeal, it emphasis on combo memorization and fishing with safe moves (kinda 2D-ish). There's very minimal positioning (there's the wave dash back and forth but it's still linear), side steps kinda sucks, not alot of mind games either expect during wake up but you usually get plummet either way when you are against a wall, not sure about tech traps, haven't seen any yet. Overall its a very twitchy fighter that requires finger dexterity & great reflexes (which i have neither), the buffering is very lax though, you can input commands way before it comes out.

i like the electronic fountain stage's music and lars is my main.. kinda.. coz he's pretty straightfoward.

V_Arnold

Teknoman said:
I havent experienced this yet, but cant you break walls to enter new areas of the arena? Or was I misinformed?

Yes, you can. After 20-ish hours of play, Id say it is a bit "random" when it happens, and only happens in designated points of specific arenas.

MrDenny

Kadey said:

I believe there's tutorials on youube explaining how to convert your videos for perfect youtube quality.

rvy

Banned
luka said:
I thought that 60 was the most a Human eye could handle.

faridmon

Takuan said:
PSP port is the definitive version
serious post?

if you are sarcastic, i don't have next gen console
cheap ass uni student
and since they announced it on the psp, i said what the heck and decided to go with that one given that they already impressed me with dark resurrection and broken destiny is the definitive version of SC IV.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Shikashi said:
I thought that 60 was the most a Human eye could handle.

People only think that because they've never seen a monitor that could display over 60Hz. Even if your game is rendering 100+ frames you won't see them if your screen can't display them. Unfortunately even if we had screens capable of accepting a 100+Hz signal (as far as I know there are only a couple monitors on the market that can), you'd need a good pc to actually render the game fast enough to take advantage of it. Console games will definitely max out at 60 for a long time to come, but trust me, playing a game at 120fps is a revelatory experience. Until we get to the point where that is commonplace, motion blur is a great substitute.

I played quake 3 a few years back on a 120Hz crt and it really left an impression on me.

y2dvd

Seiken said:
And can someone please tell me what fucking ass hole at Namco decided NOT to let Kazuya stagger after his third hit being blocked on his air kick-thing?

You talking about Kaz' u/f 4,4,4,4? Just low parry the 2nd or third hit and punish. BTW, Bryan's d/f 3 isn't that great. It's one of his slowest moves and is easily punishable. Only use it in desperation mode or if you anticipate a high move.

Call me crazy but I'm actually enjoying Campaign mode a bit now. First playthru was with Bryan on medium. Second playthru is with Dragonuv on hard. So far I've picked up the best items on Heihachi's stage, but I haven't tried Yoshimitsu's stage on hard to see if there's better item drops.

I still refuse to play online after hearing all the ill reaction to it. :lol

zoukka

Seiken said:

Have you played this game against anyone competitive? df+3 is great in the laggy online, but a suicide in local play.

Leunam

zoukka said:
Have you played this game against anyone competitive? df+3 is great in the laggy online, but a suicide in local play.

It really is, I learned that very quickly and now rarely use it unless I've trained my opponent to block high throughout the match. There are faster and safer bound moves, like qcf+4 (I think that's the one).

Top Bottom