• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official TEKKEN 6 "Who needs a FADC? We got RAGE!" Thread

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
y2dvd said:
Bryan's d/f 3 isn't that great. It's one of his slowest moves and is easily punishable. Only use it in desperation mode or if you anticipate a high move.
zoukka said:
Have you played this game against anyone competitive? df+3 is great in the laggy online, but a suicide in local play.
Guys I'm talking about online here :/

Teknoman said:
I havent experienced this yet, but cant you break walls to enter new areas of the arena? Or was I misinformed?

Yes. The only level I can think of that has it is the one that small stage that keeps cycling from day to night each round.

y2dvd

Leunam said:
It really is, I learned that very quickly and now rarely use it unless I've trained my opponent to block high throughout the match. There are faster and safer bound moves, like qcf+4 (I think that's the one).

I don't think you're using the bound term correctly. :p Bound moves are moves that causes juggled opponents to skid and stay locked on the ground i.e. Bryan's b+1. I assume you mean to do qcb+4 which is simply a launcher.

Seiken, the much safer low attacks you wanna do are qcb+3 and d/b+3, but if you're playing online, I guess go crazy with d/f+3!

Leunam

y2dvd said:
I don't think you're using the bound term correctly. :p Bound moves are moves that causes juggled opponents to skid and stay locked on the ground i.e. Bryan's b+1. I assume you mean to do qcb+4 which is simply a launcher.

Yeah that's what I meant, sorry. Lot of the stuff I'm learning about Bryan I get from videos on Youtube. Rather than write the commands I give the moves different names. Incindentally, I wrote down "launcher kick" in place of qcb+4 in my notes. :)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I was gone on a business trip in Anaheim over the weekend.

I was surrounded by tons of gamers and business partners... had a beautiful girl with me... and all I could think about was playing TEKKEN 6 and who won our local tournament.

Lord help me.

*patch coming soon*

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
zoukka said:
I now actually crave for games that have a higher framerate than 60fps :eek:
Ever play Pac-Man on MAME with the speed limiter turned off? It goes too fast to be playable, but I remember the FPS counter being at 500 or some ludicrous number. :lol

Modern machines can run Quake III Arena at 200+ FPS, I think, maybe a lot more...

MarkMan, when's the online co-op SC patch coming? I think having another human would help clear some of the stages...

RefigeKru

Banned
I've had the game for a while now, at one point I was playing my brother's copy with him and we played about 80 matches in a row, 3 rounds each without stopping. Good times.

But, I can't understand one particular thing. How did anyone have a problem with Azazel? I can't even remember an easier boss fight.

Also, Leo is the new hotness. Shame I haven't been able to play online yet. :(

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
MarkMan said:
The co-op patch will be sometime in Dec. At least from what I heard.
'Kay. Thanks for the timeframe. Getting through the Jin and Devil Jin stages would be easier with two players, I surmise...

PARANO1A

Sorry if it's already been posted - is there any definitive listing of character tiers for the game yet?

I'm actually digging the game a lot, though I think Azazel is yet another stupid boss in fighting games. I remember the good old days when bosses were just another character that was tough but fair - remember when the boss was just Heihachi? Then in Tekken 2 it was Devil/Angel? Back in my day kids grumble grumble.

Tried online last night and it's pretty awful - in Australia at least.

I'm still surprised people really think nightmare train is the best level to make money and get items... srsly, play Yoshimitsu's stage. Set item rate items and have fight money % booster's equiped. Even when I lose in those levels I make over 1,600,000 fight money on average on top of 7-10 items. When I do win I usually hit 2mil in money.

on that note: when you get to the rooms with breakable floors, just constantly slam your opponent into the ground (even when they're dead) to break the floor since it kills everyone on that floor and you get all their drops.

Teknoman

RefigeKru said:
I've had the game for a while now, at one point I was playing my brother's copy with him and we played about 80 matches in a row, 3 rounds each without stopping. Good times.

But, I can't understand one particular thing. How did anyone have a problem with Azazel? I can't even remember an easier boss fight.

Also, Leo is the new hotness. Shame I haven't been able to play online yet. :(

Seriously, Azazel was actually pretty easy for me. Really didnt attack much, and when he did, it was easy to side step. Now Nancy, I had a problem with.

unomas

Banned
How exactly do you beat Alisa in the tower? It's cheap and feels impossible, I'm using Lei, and also does buying items give you any attribute boosts?

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
unomas said:
How exactly do you beat Alisa in the tower?
I beat WRG tonight, but I can't say why. It was dumb luck, seriously.

I'm at the Azazel level. How do I get loot for Raven? Should I play as him now and let the AI take over Lars?

unomas

Banned
twinturbo2 said:
I beat WRG tonight, but I can't say why. It was dumb luck, seriously.

I'm at the Azazel level. How do I get loot for Raven? Should I play as him now and let the AI take over Lars?

I'm about to give up on this single player campaign BS, I've yet to get her below 50% health, between her reeling off insane combos and being able to freeze me at will I've damn near given up and I thought I was going to platinum this game. Cheap AI sucks Namco!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Man, playing this online is great for the hate mail/voice messages alone...it's like when SF4 first came out. :lol

Got this a few minutes ago. My first hate mail in another language!

4091537293_c702f3a569_b.jpg

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Wait a minute- you played KOF but never got called a puta or some other weird mexican swearing stuff?

I think I got even got cussed out in Russian once.

kiryogi

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Man, playing this online is great for the hate mail/voice messages alone...it's like when SF4 first came out. :lol

So you can really manage online? D: I had like one match and it was the worst input lag ever. I couldn't go back D: I really want to play it online with gaffers etc but it's so fucking horrible.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
My experiences

With Ranked- you've got about a 20% shot of it being barely playable

With Player matches somewhat less.

Sectus

AAK said:
Level Up Your Game!

Wow, that is one of the greatest things I've ever seen done by the fighting game community!

I really think it deserves it's own thread.
I've been considering to give up completely on Tekken 6, and after watching that vid... I think I'll still give up completely on Tekken 6.

There were a good deal of minor stuff I wasn't aware of in Tekken, and those videos do a good job of explaining them. But hell... can any human player actually react to some of that stuff or does it all end up being random? Can anyone actually tell the difference between a 1+3 and a 2+4 grab before it's too late to break it? Or respond to low/high attacks and do a move which automatically evades it? I can maybe understand how futuristic cyborgs can do stuff like that in local play, but everybody is completely fucked when it comes to online.

That's my biggest problem with the game. I've gone through most of the singleplayer content (which I never wanna see again. I still haven't seen all the endings which I wanna do, but I just can't bothered playing against Azazel anymore), and online is just endlessly frustrating with the input lag. To make it worse, in ranked play you can't even see the ping for the opponent before it starts. Most of the games I play have a ping of 2 to 4 bars, I've never seen a 5 bar ping. Playing with that kind of input lag (which differs for each match) is so fucking frustrating.

The most playable online matches for me so far are those with too little bandwidth, because they end up as a slideshow. Apparently turnbased Tekken with input lag plays much better than Tekken at fullspeed with input lag. They should have added that as an option considering they've used the same fucking useless netcode since 2006 (and it was already outdated then).

Taurus

Ok, after a week of playing here comes some opinions (X360 version).

Scenario campaign mode is bad. It's really bad. You have to make your characters look like idiots by wearing stupid and ugly accessories and clothes to survive. Camera is horrible, you get punches from an enemy you didn't even know it was there. Alisa's AI is plain stupid. She has low energy, but she doesn't pick up energy items at all. Stages are boring and the magic force fields preventing you to go anywhere else but straight to the next boss are ridiculous. DON'T DO THIS ANYMORE NAMCO, JUST CONCENTRATE MAKING THE ONLINE MODE/ARCADE MODE EVEN BETTER! Forget the stupid action adventure modes which never work!

Online mode is a piece of shit. Maybe half of my matches have been playable so far. It's so frustrating to get beaten up just because of the lag. I'm not a pro player but I know when I meet someone who just smashes buttons randomly.

Graphics are terribly outdated. Especially in scenario campaign mode the backgrounds are PS2 level. The cut scenes are from year 2000. Animation is bad, and the characters are ugly.

The arcade mode boss is a cheating son of a bitch again, maybe even more annoying than Jinpachi. I hit him and he doesn't guard but still some kind of force field protects him and allows him to attack at the same time he's guarding!? WTF?!

In offline mode this game is at least playable since the gameplay is basically the same as in earlier games. If you have friends who know Tekken you'll have fun playing VS matches on same console.

Good things? It's still a Tekken game, IMO the best fighting game series. But this latest game is such a huge disappointment compared to earlier Tekkens (I've owned 2, 3 and 5) that I think I'm gonna go and cry myself to sleep. :'(

FoxSpirit

luka said:
Yes. If you've actually seen games running over 60fps on a monitor that can actually display those frames you wouldn't be so confused. Motion blur goes a long way to replicating the experience.

Hmmm, I guess that would be CRTs? How prevalent is the feect, I mean side by side/switching between 30 vs 60 is pretty strong.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Lyte Edge said:

:lol

U mad? in spanish would be : Tu enojado?

V_Arnold

Sectus said:
There were a good deal of minor stuff I wasn't aware of in Tekken, and those videos do a good job of explaining them. But hell... can any human player actually react to some of that stuff or does it all end up being random? Can anyone actually tell the difference between a 1+3 and a 2+4 grab before it's too late to break it? Or respond to low/high attacks and do a move which automatically evades it? I can maybe understand how futuristic cyborgs can do stuff like that in local play, but everybody is completely fucked when it comes to online.

You do not need to be a Cyborg to do that. Go to practice mode, mode select: defensive, pick the two kind of throws, and they will come to you randomly. You will eventually (if you have not spend your last few years on drugs/alcohol/or got some baad handicap) learn to see the difference in said throws, and you can react. It is just the same as in every fighting game. You seem hopeless first, then learn the difference between similar attacks, and if you focus, you WILL be able to react properly.

And the avoiding low stuff with counterattack: totally doable. First, you will have to focus on just blocking low when a slower low attack comes. Then you will have to practice the d+f parry on those attacks. After that is learned, you can easily pick your fastest "jump up, attack to the enemy from above" (like Lars's u+f+4) move to counter it. If not on reaction, then on anticipation. It is all about mind games.

BTW, on a totally different note, I love this game already. I was a totally newbie or a so-called-scrub before SFIV, mostly because I only played Soul Calibur "competitively", and that was only against my friends, which grew some seriously bad habits on me. SFIV has taught me the basic tactics like mixups, good rushdowns, bait rushdowns, tech throws, etc, and now I seem to be able to pull these off in the game quite succesfully. Of course, there is still a long way to learn all the characters, but I am prepared to take on this journey.

Still cant decide between Lars, Alisa, Zafina and Lili. Boooy.

AAK said:
Level Up Your Game!

Wow, that is one of the greatest things I've ever seen done by the fighting game community!

I approve of this video series.

Seriously they should have built training videos into the game itself. It would increase peoples enjoyment of Tekken actually knowing how to play.

Lyonaz

AAK said:
Level Up Your Game!

Nice!

I signed up for local Tekken 6 tournament (preliminaries for the European King of Iron Fist Tournament). Hopefully it isn't full and I get a spot to get my ass kicked.:D

zoukka

Hojaho said:
Is there a reason to endure the crappy campaign ?

If you want money, it's the only mode to play. You get like a few thousand from normal matches and a fucking sports cap costs 80 000 :lol

Auras cost up to 10 000 000 credits.

y2dvd

Sectus said:
I've been considering to give up completely on Tekken 6, and after watching that vid... I think I'll still give up completely on Tekken 6.

QUOTE]

Players can react to throws. I don't think anyone will ever be able to break throws 100% but you can get high up there. When top players are in the zone, they're able to anticipate and react faster to certain animations. I'm still at a low percentage at breaking throws but it's getting better. One trick I do is usually throws with 1+2 escapes have a smaller window to break it versus your standard 1+3 or 2+4 throws. So I train my fingers to come down ready to hit 1+2 at all times. If I notice it was a regular throw instead, at the last split second, I try to switch up and hit 1 or 2 depending on the throw animation. The extra frames you have to break regular throws gives me the slight room to adjust to the throw escape.

Of course, when you're playing online with lag, all reactions pretty much goes out the window. :lol

obaidr

Banned
i so fucking want the Ship Level As Dynamic Theme. namco should release all the Stage As Dynamic theme any earn à Million with basically nothing. but they wont probably.

I'm digging this game, first fighter I've gotten in a long time, and it's fun...Scenario mode kind of sux, but for some reason it's strangely appealing to me...Reminds me of some so-so ps1 brawlers like Fighting Force.

I have had no issues with online play, not sure if I'm getting lucky with connections, or if I'm the button masher on the other side while you're lagging :D:D

-viper-

Banned
zoukka said:
Have you played this game against anyone competitive? df+3 is great in the laggy online, but a suicide in local play.
DF+3? What is that on the PS3 pad?

Also, is it possible to use the swords? I know you're able to use the minigun and shotguns on Bryan, but it would be great if you could use the swords in co-op.

Also, any chance that offline co-op campaign mode will be patched in, or is it online only?

Taurus

-viper- said:
DF+3? What is that on the PS3 pad?

Also, is it possible to use the swords? I know you're able to use the minigun and shotguns on Bryan, but it would be great if you could use the swords in co-op.

Also, any chance that offline co-op campaign mode will be patched in, or is it online only?
I guess DF means DownForward and 3 is left kick.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
arstal said:
Wait a minute- you played KOF but never got called a puta or some other weird mexican swearing stuff?

I think I got even got cussed out in Russian once.

Nope. I think people were probably more angry at its shitty netcode than the people they were playing against. :lol

Got a few "good game" messages in '98 UM before.

kiryogi said:
So you can really manage online? D: I had like one match and it was the worst input lag ever. I couldn't go back D: I really want to play it online with gaffers etc but it's so fucking horrible.

YMMV, YMMV, YMMV, and YMMV.

I've been playing this almost every night and am still getting decent-to-good connection quality. While I couldn't tell at launch, the 360 version also definitely has better online than the PS3 version, as per usual with fighters.

At a friend's house, it was the exact opposite. Horrible, awful, PUTRID lag. But that guy uses a shitty wireless set-up.

Hojaho said:
Is there a reason to endure the crappy campaign ?

Do you care about getting endings? Do you care about getting items/money to customize characters with quickly? If not, NOPE!

Sectus said:
But hell... can any human player actually react to some of that stuff or does it all end up being random? Can anyone actually tell the difference between a 1+3 and a 2+4 grab before it's too late to break it?

I break far more throws in this game than any other fighter. You certainly have a much better chance here than in SF (which gives you no warning whatsoever) or VF (which has more complicated counter commands).

obaidr

Banned
how can i turn custom Soundtrack on for online Games? someone Said He has custom Soundtrack while playing online but for me it Stops when a Player is Found.

Man... I'm friggin tired of playing scenario mode... I think I'm just genna rank characters up to first dan now.

I have everyone mostly customized to how I want em for 1p outfit though I have all the 2p outfits messed up since I strictly use 2P for scenario item/money getting.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Finally got my import copy. :D

Love the game so far, but I cannot for the life of me beat Azazel. What in the fuck.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Complaints about the visuals were highly exaggerated. This game looks fantastic in motion and even with motion blur on the aliasing isn't bothing me as much as I thought it would (and this is coming from a PC gamer who plays everything at 1080p with 4xAA). The load times after install are perfectly tolerable once you turn quick character select on. The stages and music are the best I've seen and heard in a fighting game.

I haven't tried campaign yet. I've grown weary of Azazel beating my ass in so I'll give it a shot now.

Top Bottom