• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Okamiden: Okami SEQUEL to the system that won the system war!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Crewnh said:
You should. The game came out in '06 dude.

I know, dude. Bought it on the PS2 day 1 and got 30 hours into it before shelving it due to boredom. Continuing the Okami Trilogy chain discussed earlier in this thread, I had finished Okami 1 and was well into Okami 2, before I lost interest. Bought it again on the Wii (again on day one) as a show of support for any and all solid adventure titles (one of my favorite genres, and sadly underrepresented on most consoles; particularly those not Nintendo-branded).

I'm about 6 hours into a new Wii replay. Hopefully this time the game will hold me through to completion. But of course, I'm spending way too much time reading and responding to this thread, instead of playing.

So on that note...

Giolon

Ok, having seen the footage, I'm now cautiously optimistic about this game. I'm impressed at how good the game actually looked in motion.

Now Valkyria Chronicles 2 on the other hand...everything I've seen of it still looks like trash. T.T

jrricky

Banned
Rewrite said:
21boj5s.gif
O_O

:O

upandaway

Why does it still stop when you want to draw?

With the DS, I can pretty much do whatever shape I want with the action still going without losing any moment at all. If you keep Attack to R or something, I don't even have to give another second to grab the stylus.

It seems like they're just porting a sequel to the DS without thinking of the design choices.

Edit:
Youtube comments said:
Nintendogs ripoff

LCt3tIQ4kq35OyNGP66To43OI9jgZ8y5.jpg

ahhhhhhhhh lookit dat dog

Ookami-kun said:
So she still has boobies?

Also, Chibiterasu = Ammy + Oki's lovepup?

oki is a human who turns into a wolf and ammy is a wolf so NO WE ARE NOT GOING THERE AND YOU ARE A DISTURBING LITTLE MAN FOR BRINGING THIS UP TWICE

sinxtanx

Seriously, those are the best DS 3D graphics I've ever seen.

The only thing that bothered me with the first one was how short it was. Hope this game is longer.

upandaway

U K Narayan said:
I really wonder what happened to Amaterasu.

Well, if we ever get another game with her as the main character, it sure as Hell better be for a console.
At the end of the last Okami she went to heaven on the ship with Waka to help him fight in the war. That's what I remember.

upandaway said:
At the end of the last Okami she went to heaven on the ship with Waka to help him fight in the war. That's what I remember.
I know that, but I'm speaking in regard to this game. Why isn't she the main character in this game?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
SQUEEEEEEE PUPPIES!

Fuck the haters. Puppies rock.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
U K Narayan said:
I know that, but I'm speaking in regard to this game. Why isn't she the main character in this game?

Because it happens after the events in Okami, and Issun is the narrator, and Issun didn't go on the Ark.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
U K Narayan said:

I imagine that'll be explained. I mean, we know that it takes place mere months after the end of the first game, and that one of the featured characters is Susano's son... a young boy. How can he be a young lad if mere months ago, he wasn't even born yet?

It's one of the things that'll be covered in the game. Another is that when shit hit the fan again and Sakuya prayed for help, Chibiterasu showed instead of Amaterasu.

Roto13

morningbus said:
Find a way to make the puppy less adorable and we'll talk.
I could post a picture of an eviscerated puppy right now, but I don't want to look for one.
Because that would ruin my day.

Dr. Chaos

Banned
sinxtanx said:
Seriously, those are the best DS 3D graphics I've ever seen.

The only thing that bothered me with the first one was how short it was. Hope this game is longer.
Agreed.

I was kind of surprised when it became apparent I was entering the final fray.

The game felt like it had another 10-15 hours in it easily.

Sipowicz

Banned
Giolon said:
Ok, having seen the footage, I'm now cautiously optimistic about this game. I'm impressed at how good the game actually looked in motion.

Now Valkyria Chronicles 2 on the other hand...everything I've seen of it still looks like trash. T.T

the drawings look weird but the graphics are nice

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
am i on another planet with people thinking okami was short

did you stop playing after the first orochi?

Y2Kev said:
am i on another planet with people thinking okami was short

did you stop playing after the first orochi?
Well of course, they wouldn't just start a totally new plotline or two after killing the monster(s) set up as the big bad, would they? That's just silly.

Also, 8 hours into my new game. I forgot I had a NG+ with 14 hours on it, but oh well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Apparently, yeah.

Chibi is Ammy's SON (omg a boy), but we don't know who banged her. Oki? Waka? You take your pick!

ethelred

Ookami-kun said:
Chibi is Ammy's SON (omg a boy), but we don't know who banged her. Oki? Waka? You take your pick!

Uhhh...

Ookami-kun said:
Crushed said:
stop talking about dog sex, jesus christ
It was meant to be a joke. <_<

Hmm...

Ookami-kun said:
Ooh a wolf character... Hopefully he is playable!
Ookami-kun said:
HK-47 said:
Ya gonna yiff?
Ah yes, typical response of those clueless internet sheep who like to sound cool and like to assume every anthro character out there must be yiffed! *applauses*
Ookami-kun said:
Blast Processing said:
That last comment combined with your username isn't doing much to dispel the "yiffing" image. Just saying.
Eh, people on the internet nowadays think that liking animals = furry.

... yeah.

Anyway (steering this away from the creepy zone), the new scans show some other stuff.

Drawing looks different now; for fixing a bridge that looks like it's in the River of the Heavens section, you draw a rectangle in the broken part instead of filling the whole thing in. For constellations, it looks like you have to trace the outline of the animal instead of replacing the missing stars.

upandaway

Mejilan said:
Good, the "filling in" technique wasn't particularly satisfying.
Yeah but that was when you just randomly drew around the screen and only a fixed part was registered. It can be satisfying on the DS because you're drawing the whole thing yourself, and besides filling in stuff with a pencil is not that intrusive.
Tracing detail is exactly the same though, so I don't know where I'm going with this.

Also, they fucking HAVE to let us write down notes on the map or whatever like in Zelda. This is the most important thing in the game right here. They can support this and not put any soundtrack for all I care.

Top Bottom